The New Bard In Town (open)

A giant amphitheater south of the main city. It is used to host fights, plays, and other entertainment events.
DaTurtle

The New Bard In Town (open)

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:58 am

Zaxorie strode on to the stage of the large amphitheater. With the hood of her cloak concealing her face she appeared as any other shy musician that the crowed had gotten so use to. "Another run away looking to become the next great bard..." someone muttered. "Come now lass we don't bite!" A heckler yelled out. Zaxorie gripped her guitar closer after hearing this appearing to have been discouraged by the comment. "Y-you don't... that is good..." she said quietly raising her head as several audience members laughed at her expense. Her face was illuminated by the mid day sun as the hood rose with her head. Despite her distraught body language her face was the opposite as she sported the biggest grin she could make. "But I however, do bite!" She said with a booming voice which silenced the crowd catching them off guard. Suddenly her fingers began strumming and picking at the strings of her guitar, the runes that were carved into it's wood glowed a bright red. The song she played was faster than anything the crowd had ever heard but she continued picking away masterfully in the adrenaline charged guitar solo.

A drum began kicking in every few seconds as her fingers danced amongst the frets. The beat soon picked up even faster as the drums now joined in the pace and Zaxorie began playing faster before suddenly coming to a stop and swept the guitar back.

"On a cold winter morning
In the time before the light
In flames of death's eternal reign
We ride towards the fight!"

She sang and swung her guitar back into place and strummed. She continued like this for the next few verses.

"When the darkness has fallen down
And the times are tough alright
The sound of evil laughter falls
Around the world tonight!"

A faint flame built around her.

"Fighting hard, fighting on for the steel
Through the wastelands evermore
The scattered souls will feel the hell
Bodies wasted on the shores!"

The flame cuaght on her dark cloak and spread quickly but she gave no mind to it.

"On the blackest plains in Hell's domain
We watch them as they go..."

She reached up to her neck and undid the cloak.

"Through the fire and pain and once again we knooooow!" She sang throwing the cloak into the air as she held the note, the cloth burnt up in a matter of seconds completely disappearing.

She continued this energy until the end of the song and the last note, with one finale strum she held her guitar up into the air by the neck, with her other hand she raised her pinky, index and thumb out folding the two fingers in the middle inward. She panted heavily and waited for the response of the stunned crowed before dropping her arms.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: The New Bard In Town (open)

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:21 pm

The crowd was silent, dumbstruck, for what seemed liked eternity. some were totally blown away....others simply shocked. Eventually someone clapped, then another, and another, until the Torren echoed with thunderous applause and cheers. Standing in the back, clapping along with the rest, was Varian the various himself. The changeling was quite impressed with the devil's music, as well as her showmanship. Seemed like this show had done it's job and brought him the talent...now he had to land her.

Quickly making his way backstage Varian found the girl and introduced himself. "Miss Zaxorie the relentless, my name is Varian the Various, owner of this fine theater. You did a terrific job out there. So good in fact I wanted to discuss a more permanent arrangement with you."
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Zaxorie lowered her arm slowly before closing her eyes and giving the audience a bow. Without a word she about faced and walked off the stage.

Backstage she rested and took a drink from her water skin. While this performance wasn't that taxing keeping the fire illusion for so long did take a lot of discipline. She leaned back in her chair deciding a little rest was well deserved before hitting up some taverns and possibly making enough to get a good meal.

Before she could do any resting a man approached her wearing some very nice clothes. 'Possible sponsor?' She wondered before standing up to greet the man. He introduced himself as Varian The Various, the owner of the theater. He gave her a compliment to her performance then offered to make a permanent deal with her. Signing on now would greatly increase her popularity and would bring a stable income. She needed to play this smart if she wanted to get the best deal.

"Well Mr Varian please call me Zaxorie, I really only use my stage name for performances." She said before pretending to be thinking about the possibility of a deal and looked past him biting her index finger to sell the act. "Hm well Mr Varian I normally prefer staying on the road but I'll hear you out. Please have a seat!" She said sitting back down and gestured to the chair next to her's. While this might have seemed like a power play, she actually really needed to sit down or else possibly faint from the excitement. She crossed her legs and looked over to Varian and gave a cool smile trying to hide her true feeling excitement. "So what could you offer me in return for signing on?"

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:48 am

"I understand completely Zaxorie. I too enjoy traveling, but I think my offer can keep you in place for now. And please, just Varian."

The changeling said as he took a seat across from the tiefling. Seeing her up close he could now see she put her all into her performance. That kind of dedication was exactly what he was looking for. He smiled brightly as he spoke, clearly excited about the potential hire.

"I'll be honest I'm not really the buisness type, I'm just a performer who took charge of this theater, so this should be a decent deal. Should you work for me I'd provide a room and a stage, as well as a standard salary and you'd keep any tips you receive. In exchange you'd play here or strum outside to draw people in, occasionally we'd ask you to help out, set up for another show, or prepare something special for big events. All and all it's not to bad a set up if I say so myself. Any questions or concerns?"
Last edited by Trooper FN-86 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Zaxorie resisted the urge to immediately accept the deal. It wasn't easy but she somehow managed to keep her act up. Her tail swished behind her slowly in curiosity. She leaned forward and gently bit her nail before looking at him again. "It does sound rather tempting, but will I be able to perform elsewhere to make extra coin? I could also advertise the shows I put on here so we both get publicity?" She suggested and leaned back in her seat.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 pm

"Advertising your shows was always part of the deal...though I'm not so sure about performing elsewhere. At least not yet. Once I get this theater up and running I could see sending you around, getting your name out there with your bigger shows here. But until then I'd prefer to keep you nearby. I mean why would anyone come here and pay if you're performing at the tavern for free, you know?"

The changeling said, hoping the tiefling wouldn't be too upset at a realative lack of venue changes. He could understand an up and comer wanting to spread her name around but he needed seats filled and her to fill them.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Zaxorie thought it over. Financially what he said made sense. She sighed and nodded her head slowly. "Very well, but I have some other requests as well." She said with as grin spread across her lips. "First of all I want a costume, while I did normally preform in these old garbs I'd prefer some nice clothes to perform in while I'm here." She said already picturing ideas for it. "Second I want a way to recharge magical power in between songs, I use a lot of diffrent spells for performances, if I'm to perform several songs one after another I will need a means to recharge quickly. I'm afraid I don't know much about the arcane beyond my illusion spells so I'm not exactly sure how to make this happen but I'm sure such a resourceful man such as yourself can find a way." She said softly.

Zaxorie then appeared to switch gears and leaned in this time wearing a more serious expression. "Lastly and I think this one should be the most important." She began and looked directly into his eyes with her midnight black eyes. "I won't change the nature of my music. I understand it isn't for everybody, believe me I've been booed out of as many places as I've been praised at, this kind of music isn't for everyone. But if you want me at my best then it would be wise to not tamper with my style, but believe me when I say the show I just put on is only the tip of the iceberg." She said and reached forward to offer a hand. "If you find that agreeable then I believe we have a deal, unless there's something else you wish to discuss?"

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm

"Believe me, I know a thing or two about being praised and hated at the same time..."

The Changeling began as his form shifted. Instead of the well dressed elven man there was now another female tiefling sitting in front of Zaxorie. The new form was similarly dressed, though the suit was now tailored for a smaller female frame. Her skin was now blood red, her hair long and black, and her horns didn't curl but were short and pointed like standard devil horns. The new varian still had the same large smile, laughing a little at some of the other performers around them doing a quick double take.

"...Changelings are very rarely as open as I am about their talents. People find them untrustworthy...fear they'll turn into monsters or rob the local bank pretending to be the town sheriff. All I do is entertain but I've been run out my fair share of towns just because of my gifts. I like you Zaxorie, and I like your style. I'll handle the critics, you worry about your shows."

Varian said, his voice altered to match his new body. He leaned forward and looked Zaxorie in the eye. "I don't know much about magic, but we'll see what we can do. Do we have a deal?"

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:55 am

Zaxorie recoiled back as soon as Varian began to mold into a new person. Her eyebrows raised and if she had pupils they would have narrowed. She looked at the Teifling who now sat before her and leaned back in to get a better look. He looked completely identical to a Teifling, so identical no magic she knew of could come this close. She suddenly remembered a race of people who could morph into diffrent appearances but couldn't put a name to them, until Varian did. "Changling..." She murmured and listened to Varian.

She looked the changling back in the eyes and waited a moment. Zaxorie wasn't sure how to feel about working under a person who could be anyone, but at the same time saw it as a gesture of good faith that they would willingly show something like this right off the bat. Zaxorie chewed it over for a short time before extending her hand once more but slower. "Well Varian, I believe we do." She said before cracking a grin. "And please don't steal my look, if you do at least make my nose smaller... and maybe make my hips a bit more... Oh never mind." She joked trying to lighten the mood.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am

Varian laughed, always enjoying the mixed reactions of people once they realize what he can do. They don't call him the various for nothing. He shook the tieflings hand, sealing the deal, and spoke again.

"I'll try to restrain myself. And now you know why my stage name is Varian the Various. If you want to really see my talents in action you should see my show a little later. I'll show you around once that's done but until then..." Varian reached into his coin purse and handed his first hire 2 silver spear pieces. "...here's your first payment. Have yourself a drink, you've earned it. Welcome to the Torren."

The changeling then stood up, shifting once more back to his short haired, blonde elven male form. His 'buisness form' as he liked to think of it. He then left the way he came and started back to his position in the crowd. There were still several performances to be made and with any luck another winner would be found.