Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Samual_Jennings

Re: Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Tameo began to protest at Mathieu's statement, but was interrupted by the arrival of the city guard to the throne room.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed May 09, 2018 6:44 pm

ImageImage Essence jumped lightly when she heard a woman shouting angrily. The last thing she wanted to do was to anger anyone. She curtsied politely. "My apologies, mi'lady..." she spoke as politely as she could, "I am sorry for the intrusion, but I was told that my services were needed. I am a Nature Witch, and I specialize in herbal medicine and cures, as well as matters of the Astral Realm including spirits and other creatures that reside there."
ImageImage
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Tameo spoke, "The spiritual care of Her Majesty is a position already taken, ma'am."

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 pm

"I don't recall there being a spiritual care position nor was such a position needed." The calm cool tone of the young Blackwell could be heard before Draven himself had entered the throneroom, nonchalant whilst fixing his gloves as if he had to replace a sullied pair from earlier duties. "If I recall correctly, such required services are handled by our Churches if one so desires healing of the mind and soul."

Draven acknowledged the presence of Mathieu and Rowan as well as the girl with a curt nod. For his Lady Gielban, now that he had approached her close enough to be heard without needing to raise his voice, a deep bow of remorse for having left her side too long.

"My apologies, Lady Conrad. I had attended to other duties in hopes of shedding light upon the events of last night and neglected your well being. Please do as you must with me."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Tameo answered his statement about spiritual care by saying, "There may not be an official position. Nevertheless, that is exactly what I am doing. The Queen wishes for me to do so."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 am

The moment Draven entered the room, a weight seemed to melt off of Gielban's shoulders. With a sigh, she relaxed, leaning back into her chair and sliding her hands from her sleeves. Where had the foolish man been? Off doing some duty, to be certain, but she'd needed him - wanted him, at least - to be here.

"There is no need to apologize, Dr... Ser Blackwell," Gielban replied. She even smiled. Slight and strained, but a far cry brighter than the thin, pursed line of before. No matter what happened, she'd be safe. Draven would know what to do. She looked up to the crowd, the smile only easing slightly. "Ser Blackwell is right. We have no place for a spiritual advisory of any sort. However, that does not exclude the possibility of... such a position being formed in the future."

She turned to face Tameo, a flash of the prior fire returning to her eyes. Why had she been so strained? So afraid? The headache was still there, but all the tension with it had vanished, and all the lucidity fear had devoured renewed in full force.

"I asked for you to prevent a threat you claimed existed," she said. Not quite a shout, like before, but loud enough to echo through the hall, and marked with the snap of command. "If your skills are as you claim, and if this Nature Witch proves competent as well, I am certain you will hold no issue focusing on this threat together. After all, the work of two far surpasses the work of one. I request you both take lodgings in the palace, and work with haste and openness, sharing your abilities between each other. I expect updates on the situation as they come."

She rose to her feet, only slightly staggering. Tiredness still writhed in her core, and the sudden motion of standing, however small, made the room seem to spin.

"I will not suffer charalatans in my court. Take advantage of this opportunity, and there will be consequences."
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Thu May 10, 2018 4:06 am

Tameo spoke, "As you wish, Your Majesty." He adresses the nature witch. "Well, then, come with me and I will explain the situation." They both exit the throne room.

Tameo starts to think to himself:
Ugh! This con has gotten so complicated! If only that Mathieu hadn't shown up, I would have had the Queen eating out of my hands. Perhaps it's time to get out of Dodge. Or, maybe, it's time to kick things up a notch. If I could trick this witch into accidentally casting a spell on the queen, it might give further credence to my story. She'll accept my treatments, the 'spirit' will leave her, and I'll become a rich and respected spiritual advisor. Now, let's see if I can make this happen.

(To be continued in the room Tameo is staying in)

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 am

ImageImage Essence curtsied politely when Gielban said what was expected. She was to work with this elderly man on some sort of threat. And of a spiritual nature. She looked towards Tameo as he said to come with her, but her attention had gone back to the woman who she had noticed seemed unsteady, if only slightly. It was no secret she was tired. It was evident. While she didn't have any cures for lack of sleep, she did have something to help to give some energy, soothe tiredness, and help give focus. She fished through her bag, which contained various items, and pulled out a tiny sachet of tea and herbs. It gave off an aroma of mint and lavender. She approached timidly, holding out the small tea bag. "Before I go, Mi'lady, I couldn't help but notice that you seem a bit weary.. This is a small bag of tea leaves along with herbs for helping focus and give energy. It might help to keep you focused on what you wish to, until you are ready to rest." She smiled sincerely.
ImageImage
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 am

Rowan rises to his feet, having been listening to the conversations up until this point. It was painfully clear that Gielban wasn't feeling well at this point in time; most likely the mental fatigue from yesterday catching up to her. Essence had apparently noticed it as well, speaking up and offering the queen some sort of medicinal tea. Not seeing much to lose, he speaks up.

"Your Majesty. With your permission, I would like to discuss the matters of the investigation with either Sir Blackwell or Sir Trossier? It would seem you are in need of rest..." he says, "And I would not wish to bother you with more work than is needed."
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Draven arrived at his usual time; too late. The Blackwell captain had been off handling other matters, apparently, much like his delayed arrival at the scene of the Masque the night before. Mathieu closed his eyes for a moment, and breathed out, turning to tend to the papers upon the desk beside the throne for a moment as Gielban spoke. The sudden appearance of Draven had, unsurprisingly, brightened her mood substantially. She came to her senses, finally ushering damned guests out and leaving only four within the spacious throne room.

Mathieu could see why he'd lost his previous position to Draven. Gielban was attracted to him, to put it simply, and it seemed that attraction overpowered common sense. The sight of Gielban agreeing to the Blackwell's words— despite the old guard's mentioning of these same thoughts mere minutes ago— hurt him, among other things, and opened his eyes to how little she actually seemed to trust him. Had his allegiance to Emeric put that deep of a schism between the two?

He forced the thoughts out of his mind. It didn't matter; Draven had arrived, and his arrival brought peace; Gielban's mind was taken off the past arguments; the guests had finally left, leaving more pressing matters to resurface. Mathieu was thankful for that, at the very least. Truthfully, he didn't want to talk to Lady Conrad about her past any more than he needed to. Emeric, despite his flaws, was a good man in Mathieu's eyes, and his death had brought substantial grief. He could see why Gielban did not want him around any more than he had to be.

He needed to take his mind off things. This entire matter— the breakdown, the spiritual business— it reminded him of the utter insanity of Emeric that he had to deal with far too many times in the past. Mathieu finished tending to the papers upon the desk and silently stood by it, listening to Rowan's proposal. He looked to Lady Conrad for a moment but quickly glanced away, focusing on the same pillar within the middle of the room that he had always looked at. An anger began to rise within him, rekindled by thinking about the entire fiasco that had transpired. He'd done more than enough of his part here, and he wholeheartedly expected nothing to come of it. No gratitude, no thanks; just silence and dismissal, as had always happened.