Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

MayonnaiseSupreme

Re: Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 am

Off to the side and near to the approaching man stood a tall figure, midnight-blue hair laying down their back and chest as they leaned against a near wall. Pale skinned and with the face of a woman, it was only his proportions and voice that gave his gender away clear, too tall and flat-chested to be a female -- Or perhaps they were just that blessed in womanly proportions? The voice was masculine enough, though soft and smooth like a clean, fresh plate of ice.

"They will take their time," He spoke to the ambassador in guidance to audience situation. "Though there is little we may do about it. Best be prepared to wait, you may take my spot if you like. I am in no rush." Well, he could be, but his scryers would surely inform him if one of his own dilemma grew dire enough to press emergency. He leaned his head back and let it hit the surface he leaned on, his jewelry clinging lightly as he closed his pale blue eyes.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:21 am

"The queen will hold attendance when the palace guard deems the situation safe," the stony-faced soldier repeated for what seemed the fifteenth time that night. They'd already done two full sweeps of the castle, and still had found no sign of either the magical assailant or the damage he seemingly tried to cause. The corridor he'd been in was engulfed in flames, yet, nothing was harmed. It was a terrifying conundrum to face.

"Stand down, Eliot," came a tired voice from an adjacent corridor. Gielban stepped out into the throne room, a modest grey evening gown draped over her shoulders, her brow furrowed by stress and worry. She waved her hand, and the guard quickly stepped aside.

"How may I assist you, Sers? Time is tight, and the night is old, so make haste."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Mecha Crow

Post by Mecha Crow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 am

The sound of the main doors opening came down the entrance hall as large burly man came in. His clothes were a mixture of cloth and animal furs with a cloak made out of bear hide laying across his frame. He looked to be human, bigger than most, but other than his eyes being so beastly there wasn't much that could be said against him. He strode up to the nearest guard, looking down on them from being a good head taller and posed a question.

"Who do I talk to about opening a store in the market place?"

His words were fill quieted but that had this odd timbre to them that made easily understood. Despite the man size and build, he was not much of a talker. The guard motion down the hall to more logistical staff member of the Palace to see if he can schedule and audience to open what ever kind of store that this oddly dressed barbarian man wanted to open.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:47 am

A grunt of exasperation escaped Gielban's lips, and she rubbed at the bridge of her nose. She was beginning to feel the inklings of a headache coming on. Trying to ignore her swiftly ebbing comfort, she turned to the newcomer.

"You spoke first, I address you first - no complaints!" she added, turning to the other two in anticipation of protest, whether it actually came or didn't. She returned her attention to the large man. "If you wish to open a store, and have the means to do so, then please, just do so. Registration and similar ilk can come after the kingdom has had a chance to regain some semblance of sanity. If you do not have the means, I suggest you question if merchantry is truly the career you wish to pursue. Barring this, speak to a guild leader, I am certain they will happily assist you in removing yourself from my hair!"

Her gaze, now more tired than irate, swiveled back to the others.

"Now, do either of you have more trivialities you wish to impose upon me?"

((Mecha, check out The Dragon's Scale, Kadnissa would be more than happy to help get your business sorted out.))

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 am

The tall pale elf had been waiting patiently for the Ambassador to speak first, though both would appear to have to take a seat back for the sudden entry of a rather large man with a memorable look among the eyes. He watched him quietly as he simply stated his reason for being here without much pause, slowly turning his attention back to the Lady Gielben.

A smile spread over his lips, as if amused and charmed by her behavior. "No trivialities, my Lady." He said with a small bow. "If I might not be so intrusive to bring this up at such an hour, the night-owl being the type of man I am, I may introduce myself. I am Aaelwin, friend to the many courts of the Aos Sí who call these nearby forests home..." At least at the moment, he was this with that name. "And I come as a volunteered representative of the Moontide King." He straightened, looking between them with a sadder smile.

"I am afraid the Moontide Court has lost one of their own youth to this city, the child's whereabouts, unknown. I come seeking your generosity in place of his Good Majesty, King Dubhshìth of the Winter and Autumn Courts.." His eyes lidded in a calm but commonly read expression of softness. Though the name and history of that King was not typical to be paired with the word 'Good' : Dubhshìth -- to any who knew of the Fae lines -- famously worked like his Uncle, the Archduke, in that they found periodic harvests and winters full of famine to be 'fun' and 'artistically amusing'. This was seen as such, considering what views the ice storms left behind, and the quality of 'population control' they imposed. Though Aaelwin let no specific tone or threat upon his words, the wise and experienced did know the Moontide Court, or the Unseelie for a more technical term, didn't just kindly ask for help like he was presenting. They demanded it, quietly ; often with something hanging over the others head as an implied consequence of rejection. They were nasty like that, and there wasn't enough Autumn Fae at the helm to balance their nastiness as of late.

And thus, the pushiness of Aaelwin was revealed in that simple reveal, all his charming skills and experience in diplomacy, betrayed by centuries of a sour reputation. The Aos Sí did mostly keep to themselves, and they were not an outwardly aggressive lot - Nor did they have any history of provoking War, save initiating 'Cold' Wars with the Suntide Court, the pun unintended. Their combined relationship with Azuria, and most other Kingdoms and places, was neutral at best and chaotic at worst ; whatever boons the Seelie did bestow, the Unseelie quickly made up for in negatively, and occasionally this would happen the other way around.

"I hope I do not seem as too much," Though this was said simply to be polite.

Mecha Crow

Post by Mecha Crow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am

Burbon nodded his head, placing a finely crafted bronze piece that was in the form of a snap dragon flower, as a thank you, on a free pedestal. Taking great care to not bother the important visitation any further. He nodded his head to the guard that gestured to the hall before making his out the door. Hefting his travel bag he began his travelling feet to his next destination.

((Thank you kindly, Just thought this was a good first stop for a store owner and I believe I was right!))

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am

The swish of sackcloth; the clack-clack-clack of boots on the stone of the entrance hall. Whistling through a metal, ratlike mask.

"Hello, Steven," she muttered, under her breath. Steven was the name of the Faceless Man, in the old stories. In Argus, it had become the standard manner of address for a man whose name you did not know, or wished you didn't know. "I have come in good grace to speak with her magesty Gielban, on the subject of the establishment of position Royal Machinist in her good court, and the birthing of a clocktower to master the foolish workings of the halfwits of Argus, who--no more." That should do it. The guards were ahead, and tall figures, and--oh.

Huh. She was out here, and speaking with them. She stopped. Recalculated. Hoped she'd not been speaking loudly enough to be heard.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 am

Gielban noticed the mousy newcomer, but paid no more mind than her present levels of annoyance would allow. Just another fool looking for another foolish thing. Speaking of fools...

"I believe I understand, Ambassador Aaelwin," she replied to the fae, "though allow me a moment to clarify."

She cleared her throat.

"You have lost a sole child in my kingdom, a child who, for an unmentioned reason, warrants the use of embassy to attempt to procure. The famed hunters of Moontide were unable to attempt this child from leaving your own kingdom. And now..."

Her eyes narrowed, the emerald hue turning venomous in the dim light.

"...now, you request a favor, embassy to ruler, for the help in procuring this oh-so valuable youth."

This was a headache. They were asking her to find their escaped children now? The child was either a noble or a criminal of a high degree - or maybe the Moontide fae were just arrogantly idiotic.

"I would hate the Good King Dubhshíth to think I am cold-natured," she continued, "so I will allow you the use of the city guard in your search. However, I do not want any part of whatever this child has had their hands in, and I expect a turn for a turn. From my view, you are inconveniencing my entire watch for the sake of a sole child, and I do not take kindly to being forced into babysitting duty. I am no housewife."

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:27 am

"Aaelwin" was not known for handling the more fairer sex with the most confidence, especially when they had a fiery spirit and a right and proper spine such as this one. They reminded him often of his mother, who while he shared some similarities with he at the same time found great trouble relating to. It was part of the reason things flowed the way they did, and he imagined that had he appeared in his full glory and form - and been idiotic enough to start war - he could freeze this place in his frustration and refusal to accept her observations, and put on a dramatic tantrum of winter fury like he often did within his first century of life.

But Aaelwin was no idiot, nor was he reckless enough to do such things out of vanity alone. That kind of behaviour was reserved for other Sidhe nobles, ones that didn't carry his kind of responsibilities. He also had no intention to rip his glamour off just to feel more powerful and dominant in this situation.

And so, he did what he could, which was plaster a soft and near apologetic smile on his face as he listened to her with an air of patience, yet the same time, exhaustion.

"Your majesty," He began quietly after giving plenty of time after her words for her to potentially add on, turning his head briefly during then to send a gaze to the rat-masked stranger slowly approaching and waiting their own turn, before looking back.

"If it were any youth, I could garauntee I would not be here requesting such things. Unfortunately, if it is of any meaningful explanation, it is my Majesty's, the King's betrothed that has gone lost and missing.." He breathed in for a moment, unsure if this would tame her in any way, "... And as we do not make such replacements until time of death, we must act."

Indeed, he figured with the way she worded things, that it was better to lay the importance of the child down and clear.

"But your generosity has been noted, and your memory, we keep." He worded this in such a way as to not give direct thanks or promise, however he quietly considered that she did expect something in return, and his teeth pressed against each other behind his cold and pale lips. Of course she would, but he made no comment on that vocally, leaving his thoughts and opinions to himself.

"The Moontide court does not typically favor wearing glamour, and those who would come I fear would either terrorize your citizens for amusement, or find themselves lazying about in liesure..." A blessing and a curse that he was given the Autumn and Winter Courts to deal with, either too laid back without emergency or with a hobby and taste for horror and mayhem. There were exceptions, but he had far more lazier reasons himself for pestering Azuria to help him, instead of his own people and resources. It was true he was inconveniencing her watch, and he was selfish in that way.

"... And therefore, your men will prove invaluable and far more suited to search your grand city. I will bother you no further, my Lady..." He dropped into a low bow, and began to back up as he prepared to depart.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm

The pink skinned dragon woman known as Guild master Kadnissa, stood in the back of the throne room with her 8ft tall companion. They were no longer wearing the masquerade garb that they had been wearing the night before. Alex wore what she came into town in: leather pants dyed a deep blue, and a lighter blue tunic which was tied off with an amethyst colored cloth belt. Across her chest and under her shoulders resided a specially designed harness and strap set that her massive Amethyst Hammer resides in. They never had gotten to finish their conversation at the ball, due to everything that happened. She just hoped that the woman wouldn't be upset at them, as the Guild Master could tell she was already annoyed with the previous visitors.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡