Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 am

Who reminded her of Emeric? Mathieu certainly, but Draven as well. All of the Blackwells. Many of the old staff, the ones she'd seen from when she was young, the halls of the palace, the bedrooms... her room, where he once slept. She'd never realized how insidiously that despicable man had managed to weave his way into every aspect of her life, how every little thing around held an inkling of his face.

A sharp pain in her finger.

She had been gripping the throne so tightly that the scab from her earlier cut, a gift from the garden rose during her talk with Draven, broke open. She drew her hands into her sleeves before anyone could notice the bead of blood welling. In the wood of the armrests, tiny notches marked where her fingernails had dug into the soft grain.

Boring needles in her head. Tendrils digging in her skull.

"Absolutely not!" she shouted, loud enough to leave her throat feeling raw. "I will n-not... c-cannot isolate myself."

Breathe deeply. Breathe deeply, damn you.

"Leave, both of you. Leave me here. I need... I need to finish this work, and I wish to be alone," she continued, softer.

Emeric coming for your head. Who can you trust to keep you safe?

"No, no. Don't leave. Neither... neither of you. Mathieu... thank you, but my decisions are my own to make. And Tameo... you are a wiseman, are you not? Make your rituals work as you can, but isolation is not an option."
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 1:41 am

"I disagree with your decision, but I will do as you wish. As for the treatment, it must wait until morning. We do not want to risk giving this spirit immunity. Is there anything else I can do to make you more comfortable?

Of course, the best thing you could do would be to isolate yourself. Is there any way we could possibly make that happen?"

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Wed May 09, 2018 3:11 am

Mathieu breathed out in relief, the possibility of Gielban ridding herself of him dodged for now. He hated to say it, but the woman wasn't in much of a position to rule in her current state; the old guard suspected that her condition would improve over the next few hours [or entire day], but he still had his doubts. Mathieu turned to see her gripping the throne rather forcefully, only to withdraw her hands into the sleeves of her vests. A frown crossed upon his face as she spoke. The acknowledgement of his necessity was welcomed, though he couldn't say the same for the old man who stood before them. The fact she trusted him was... preposterous, to put it lightly. But there were more important matters to give attention to.

"Lady Conrad had already stated her stance on the matter. Isolation is not an option." He stated matter-of-factly.

Gods know that all she needs is more time to dwell on things.

Lady Conrad was much more... frightened, to say the least, than she was when the two were arguing in relative privacy. Ever since the talk of Emeric, she had been noticeably shakier— and though it was not his place to ask, he figured now was as good a time as any.

"Why are you so frightened at the prospect of Emeric's spirit? The man is dead. If he truly harbored some sort of malice, it wouldn't be coming years later without any provocation." He spoke, crossing his arms in barely expressed annoyance.
The D is silent, hillbilly.

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 3:19 am

"Are you willing to put the Queen at risk just to satisfy that piece of 'logic'?"

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed May 09, 2018 4:17 am

Rowan strides up to the throne room entrance, his armor clinking with each step as he approaches the palace guards. He stops, one arm crossed over his chest, and inhales deeply before speaking, the words coming out as though practiced.

"I am Rowan Suttrow, the captain of the City Guard, and I am requesting passage for myself and miss Essance to Her Majesty's throne. I am here on official business. Do NOT interfere." With this, he stands and waits for the guards to step aside, his body almost rigid. He knew how it worked. Either they'd let him through, or he'd have to pull some strings and make them move.
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed May 09, 2018 4:21 am

ImageImage Essense had stayed close to him, the Faerie resting on her hat brim still. She wasn't used to being so far in the city, so everything amazed her. She stared at everything with wide eyes. the place was amazing. she stopped when he did, looking at the imposing guards.
ImageImage
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Wed May 09, 2018 4:34 am

Tameo hears the man ordering the guards on the other side of the door. "Your majesty, someone out there is yelling at your guards to be let in."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 am

Door Guard

"Oh, uh," the tall man at the door said, visibly shaken at the sight of the city guard captain. A new recruit to the palace staff, perhaps, or maybe just an imbecile. Whatever the case, he seemed to think the city guard had some authority here, and quickly stepped aside, saluting rapidly.

"Go on in, ser! Do as you need!"

Gielban

Gielban gritted her teeth. She didn't want to deal with any of this, let alone do any thinking. Thinking only seemed to make her headache worse.

"Ser Mathieu, Tameo, I said my decisions are mine to make. I said I am done with this matter. Why are issues still being pressed - and worse - insisted, despite my desires?" she replied. "I would suggest - OH HEAVENS, WHAT NOW?"

The doors to the throne room opened, letting in Rowan and some small thing with vibrant hair.

"Praytell, what pressing matter do you have?" Gielban said in an almost sing-song, taunting voice. "Have you caught the assassin? Have you solved the murder of the shopkeep? Or, praytell, do you wish for me to lend your friend a hairbrush? Speak, Ser Rowan, and make it fast!"

This was unlike her. The longer the conversation went, the more high-strung and irritable the queen began.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed May 09, 2018 6:48 am

Walking in, Rowan opens his mouth to speak, but is quickly silenced as the queen begins to shout. Not once does he think had seen her this angry. Immediately, his eyes fall upon the urchin standing before her. Was he to blame for her outburst?

Not wanting to risk her becoming any angrier, he falls to one knee and begins to speak; "I have brought someone with a skill set of use to our... 'current situation,'" he says. "Regarding yesterday's incident. I would like to discuss the matters further, but, as per your orders, I cannot with him present," he adds, nodding his head toward the old man.

This is not going to be pleasant, he thinks to himself. Not at all.
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Wed May 09, 2018 8:12 am

"You've been saying the same damn thing ever since you walked through those doors with the intent to undermine my statements. You're not concerned for the Queen's safety; if you were, the prospect of using addictive substances to cope with ruling wouldn't have been so much as uttered in her presence." Mathieu countered, eyes narrowed as he studied the old one for a moment before snapping his view over to the opening doors of the throne room. His heart sank as two new guests entered, completely unaware of prior events. He stole a glance at Gielban after her raised voice pierced the throne room's walls.

"For the love of the Gods," The old guard muttered quickly, shaking his head and closing his eyes in exasperation for a moment as he repositioned himself closer to Gielban's throne. The two new arrivals quickly approached and Mathieu recognized one of them as Rowan, a man that was on his list of people to meet regarding the investigation of last night's events. Fitting that this would happen.

Least he's here, now.

Mathieu almost opened his mouth to speak but remembered the extensive fragility of the situation. Gielban was perfectly able to speak for herself and he would take on the role of the silent observer as he always did, giving his input if prompted to do so.
The D is silent, hillbilly.