Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Hold for an Audience: The Throne Room

Post by Annasiel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 am

"I suppose that is an agreeable justification," Gielban muttered as the odd fae turned to stalk away. Absently, her hand touched the bridge of her nose again, kneading at it vigorously. This was a headache, and quite the ferocious one at that. Already, it sent needles of pain through her temple, sending shivers through her vision with every beat of her heart. She felt nauseous.

"Next!" she called, turning to face the tall man with the striking blue eyes. "Address your intent, ser, and do it quickly."
Swollen with a mantra that I've stolen from a thief.

Reyn
BBCode Guru

Post by Reyn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:39 am

"Right..." Durael nodded "I apologise for my hesitance. My name is Quinn Durael, and I am the ambassador of the... fine Selentian empire.".

He stepped forwards, reaching into his coat pocket for the official document that proved his identity, though he didn't take it out just yet. Whilst he doubted that there would be anyone suspicious of his arrival, the way things had kicked off, so to speak, in the recent days meant that he was being rather cautious. He was the one who knew about that forbidden magic, after all. He hoped the night before had been reduced to a drunken blur in the eyes of the nobles by now.

"I merely came here to introduce myself." He said "Well, and to ask if there will be any formal meetings for me to attend in the coming weeks..."
BBCode Guide | BBCode Templates | Art Thread | Test House
Yes, my posts look broken on mobile.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:42 am

[...] Selentian empire [...]
The rat-masked woman froze, for an instance, head twisted towards him. Shock--shocking. The Court of Azuria--city-state--played host to an ambassador from the Empire. Interest generated--interesting? She'd keep her mouth shut, though. No sense in being rude. Could always pay a visit later, once she'd taken up her office. Chat-chat-chat. She shook her head; needed to organize her thoughts.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 am

Gielban seemed torn between immediately gathering her composure (this was an emissary of The Selentian Empire) and maintaining her active indifference (just because he was didn't merit him any special treatment). As a result, she stood up straighter and gracious a smile slipped onto her face, but her voice still held the commanding, dismissive edge with which she'd addressed the fae.

"It is a pleasure to have you, Lord Durael," Gielban replied, fidgeting a minor curtsy. "I hope you have been enjoying your stay in Azuria thus far. I had not planned on holding any open meetings, though I was... woefully unaware how many royal emissaries had been meandering around without my knowledge. No fault of your own, of course, my guards should have alerted me."

Gielban turned to glance at the window. First light was approaching, and all she wanted to do was rest.

"I will hold a formal committee today at noon," she asserted. "I look forward to seeing you then. Now,"

She looked at the remaining woman.

"Speak your case, so I may be done with this."

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 am

Annasiel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 am
"Speak your case, so I may be done with this."
The woman dipped a curtsy of her own--low enough, and respectful. "Your majesty," she opened, formally--Steven creeped into her mind; she threw it out with an invisible twitch of her hidden eyes.

"I am Kthirtic Drust, Royal Machinist in Exile of the" once-"grand and magnificent city-state of Argus." Damn it all, but she'd been thrown off balance by the lack of a wait, and by the presence of the ambassador--quite off-guard. "I served the city well for 7 decades, during which I created many miraculous inventions, for both the city and its army. The King and his--"abominable, treacherous, idiot-breeding"--son used those tools to spread their dominion to the lands around them, and to rebuild the Clocktowers left behind for us by our Goddess. I ask for the opportunity to provide you with similar service, indefinitely, in exchange for royal patronage." She hoped 'patronage' meant the same thing here as it had in Argus.

Her posture had been exactly what one might have expected from a noblewoman offering her service to a queen--humble, deferential; nonetheless somewhat stiff and proud. It was let down somewhat by her garb, her mask, and the strange gadgets she carried with her.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 am

Despite her eccentric appearance, the woman held the bearing and pride of a noblewoman, and spoke with the same twisting tones of someone well versed in courts. She made mention to an Argus, a name that was only a distant memory from Gielban's days of youth. A dusty old name in a dusty old book, now come to life in front of her.

Seven decades.

"I must say, Lady Drust, you wear your years well."

Something ill-willed was at work here. The ageless appearance of the apparently elderly peer sent alarm bells ringing in Gielban's head, screaming of unknown magics and dire consequences. These miraculous inventions she claimed did little to ease the dread.

"At time, I have no present need for a royal machinist, though an example of your skills may sway desire in your favor. How can you support your self-claimed prowess?" Gielban asked, eyes narrowing.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:42 am

Distrust. Well and good. No fool, this woman. One hoped. "With me, I have brought a number of devices and machinations, which might serve to demonstrate the quality of my craft." Hesitation. So that I might be done with this. It occurred to Kthirtic, quite suddenly--as if something had spoken directly into her mind--that the queen might be tired. A lengthy demonstration would not serve, here. The gauntlet on her arm twitched, slightly; with gentle tug of her will, she prevented it from becoming active. Later. "Although it seems your court is agitated, at present, would your majesty find it desirable to witness a demonstration at some point within the coming week?"

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:47 am

Maiden of Masks

For the first time since Kthirtic entered the throne room, the presence coiled around her mind shifted, flashing a warm light that felt particularly close to contentment. This was exactly the way things were supposed to go. The little speck of stone called Azuria was the only thing holding back the wave, and having a close hand to its human queen would be invaluable.

чσu must cσnvíncє hєr, the voice whispered, images of gold, glory, and prestige flickering through at breakneck speeds. A shining medal, a respectable title. Nobles saluted her as she passed. Her talent was finally appreciated for what it truly was. Great towers, ticking clocks, lasers, and a friendly smile from the cheese-filled moon.

Gielban

"That would be... preferable," Gielban said, her facade slipping in a yawn. "If you have no place to stay, we can provide you with a palace suite."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 am

It was apparent that they would not be able to finish the conversation they had in the ballroom, as it seemed that she was about to go to bed, and they hadn't to been noticed. Understandable, but it seemed as though she wasted Alex's time for nothing. The larger woman looked somewhat bored, staring around at all of the decorations in the room. Kadnissa put a hand on Alex's arm. "Let's head back to the guild... We can come back tomorrow..."

Alex looked down to her with a light nod as they both turned to leave.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:45 pm

"Wait," Gielban called, against her better judgement. Let them go, and then she could sleep. Sleep sounded nice right now. "Kadnissa. I had not noticed you. And... Miss Alex, was it? I never did give you the chance I promised. Please, come with me. We can find somewhere less formal to speak, away from all these irksome customs."

She walked past the pair, waving her hand for them to follow as she passed through a door on the side.