[Event] Masque

Thought to have once been a sanctuary from some ancient foe, Wrenhaven has been the seat of Azurian control for centuries.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Kali

Re: [Event] Masque

Post by Kali » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:36 am

"O..oh... ... Alright... well... it was nice meeting you..." Sheena was very confused as to why she suddenly decided to leave. She figured she must not feel very well. She didn't know that she was already walking away from her. She then realized that the woman still had her mask. "Oh, could I have my mask back?" she asked the vacant air in front of her.

Alex looked down to herself a little, then shook her head lightly. "People in kingdom.. much like people on surface, but with some amethyst on skin.. show where they from. Am Amethyst Dragon. But, all from Amethyst Kingdom learn combat as child. All can fight, and fight well. Defend kingdom."
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:20 am

Hm. Who will be my first victim? Terra looked about as she thought to herself. Quietly, she moved through the crowd of gathering nobles. She past the various bindings of the couples as she eyed her first target. Her pale white skin, stood out against her black of her gown. The blue colored material at her feet billowed and flowed making it seem like she was gliding. She eyed her target, whom was a blonde server boy standing and waiting to tend to any mess. A sly, seductive smile crossed the vampires lips, however she paused, looking away towards the crowd. It was tempting to find a noble to lure into a hunt.

Well, what should I do now? Her mind searched for a way to get what she wanted. She looked and spotted a guard in the corner. She stood observing his movements however her gut said to use caution. He didn't seem like just any guard, however, he was tempting. She decided to observe his actions for a moment. With her mask, she also used the crowd to her advantage creeping closer until she got within 10 feet of the guard.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 am

And so the painting came together under the low light of the ballroom corner, slowly but surely forming into a coherent and quite beautiful work of art. Though he prided himself in making such skillful pieces, he always made an effort to humble himself. There is no such thing as "perfect", he'd remind himself, and the self-criticism of the piece would gradually reveal itself. A mistake in the paint here, or a misshapen structure there. Small flaws, but flaws nonetheless.

Absorbed in the act of painting, he failed to notice the pair of eyes set on him for quite some time; yet, as they grew nearer, he could practically feel their presence upon him. Pausing in his work, he looked a bit past his easel to see a woman staring at him from a distance away. Her mask obscured any guise of the lady's face, and Mathieu furrowed his brow. His attention couldn't help but be drawn away from his easel and towards the woman. Was their a reason for her observation? Perhaps she was interested in his painting. His mind clouded, slightly, and he forced himself to refocus.

Gods, is this woman using some sort of arcane force?

He couldn't help but be on edge from the earlier scuffle with the masked lunatic, and his background in vampirism made no effort to quell his suspicions. He knew a common vampire modus operandi when he was under the effects of one. Lure the unsuspecting patron in, and then go straight for the kill. Before his service to Emeric, he had almost fallen prey to a mistress of the night using this tactic; he would in no way repeat those events. Standing up from his easel, he slowly made his way to the woman but smartly kept his distance, stopping halfway at the original distance between the two.

"May I assist you, madam?" The royal knight inquired, his shadowed helmet obscuring his face. It bore a neutral expression, though slightly soured by the appearance of... a vampire. If she were to be a recognized noble, there was nothing he could do; she'd be untouchable merely by her status. It was too risky. Needless to say, it was also gamble to make such assumptions about her background.
Last edited by Quirbles on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"
-T.S. Eliot, "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 am

So much for stalking... Terra thought to herself. Her amber gaze met his as she gave a slight curtsy. "No, I was merely observing. It's odd for a man to sit in a corner at a Masquerade. You peeked my interest." She replied in a sultry tone, her voice smooth as silk. Her hands moved to lay beneath her upper chest. She noticed he seemed not to come drooling like the others and narrowed her gaze behind her mask. "What is your name, if I may ask?" She inquired.

He isn't just any guard... He has secrets... I will find them, one way... or another.. She thought lightly having not paid much to mind about what was going on around them. They stood 5 feet apart. That wouldn't do... She wanted to get closer, but she didn't want to be trapped. She had to lure him in. If looks wouldn't, then it'd be her feminine wiles.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Mathieu cocked his head slightly, observing the woman before him. Perhaps he had been too harsh in his judgements. She appeared harmless enough, with a rather... differing outfit than traditionally worn at a formal ball. Her appearance was striking, and as he found himself standing near the temptress he felt a pull away from the safety of the easel and towards the masked woman.

Distance, Mathieu, he reminded himself. Still, he took a step or two closer. He'd keep himself safe, that much was certain; the trick was not to fall into whatever trap she had placed. But, was she even a vampire? Perhaps he was wrong. The decision to either stay or leave was pressing down upon him.

"Interested? In me? I'm flattered, madam, truly, but the reason I have chosen this corner was for observation. That, and painting," He explained, gesturing to the easel behind him. He looked past the woman for a short while, looking at the dancing nobles around them.

"I'm afraid I'm not one for events such as these."
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Interesting, he s getting closer. Terra offered a smile only a temptress could give. It appeared real to the naked eye, However, her brilliant white smile, could give what she was away. "Well, at a ball, held by the nobles, I won't stand for a gentle man to be left to his one devices. I am Terra Cairdayle, lady of the house Cairdayle and it's estate." She offered a small curtsy to him. Her raven colored locks bounced around her shoulders.

"What is your name, if I may ask?" She said taking a step closer. Her movements silent, graceful. Her amber eyes looking to him waiting to ensnare his with his poison gaze. However she took no more then one before realizing she made a mistake in moving. Vampires over like they could glide, making them silent hunters. If she back away, it's reveal her entirely. Instead, she kept calm showing no expression that she had done so.

You had one goal Terra.. now your meal may flee and you'll go hungry. Best think of a plan B.. Terra thought to herself.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 am

Mathieu's expression was hidden in shadow as the woman spoke, his eyes locking with the flickering embers that was her gaze. The temptress' irises glowed a subtle orange, enticing him to take a step forward, beckoning him to come closer...

The royal guard, unbeknownst to the woman, averted his gaze from her own and stared off into the seemingly distant atmosphere of the ballroom. He was old, smartened by age and experience; and he knew the piercing, enthralling glare of a temptress vampire would grant death—or servitude—to any who met it. The veil of his helmet shielded his eye movement from the woman as she spoke with him. They were empty words bore from a silver tongue, designed simply to mask subtle movement; and yet, Mathieu did not catch her moving closer to him. She revealed her own identity and asked his name in return.

"You may call me Mathieu Trossier," The royal guard said calmly, his tone masking the extreme apprehension he exercised while around this woman. The entire exchange was surgery, and one misguided move would result in egregious consequences: death, or something much, much worse.

Just then, Mathieu had realized that she had moved closer to him. Barely perceptible, but an advancement on her part nonetheless. Keeping her in his peripheral, he subtly moved his hand over his sword. If only I'd brought the family heirloom, he thought to himself.

"May I help you with... anything else, madam?" Mathieu inquired. He was prepared for any sudden movements, on a tense guard; especially his jugular.
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 am

Terra watched his movements and tried to stifle a look of fear. Is he... a Vampire hunter? Her heart sunk, death was looking at her and she wanted nothing more to bolt. "I'm afraid not. It was a pleasure, Sir... I'm afraid I'm already past my return time for home. I now you goodnight." She turned to move trough the crowd going for the door.

Her stomach growled from hunger. She hoped the guard didn't follow... Her mask helped hide the fear as she picked up her skirt as she tried to move quickly. "Curse this dress... " She hissed as she moved. She couldn't afford to use her vampiric speed to get away and risk alerting the others.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:02 am

The woman realized his apprehension, it seemed, and caught on to his ruse; and so the hunter became the hunted as she backed off from him, the sudden epiphany of how he had resisted her effects and who he exactly was dawning upon her. She turned to leave, but he would not let her; not when the tides were turned in his favor. She was scared, and he would use that to his advantage. He would not harm her; not until his suspicions were confirmed, and his silver gauntlets made contact with bare skin.

The temptress deftly weaved through the crowd of dancers in a frantic fashion, yet Mathieu followed at a languid pace a distance aways. He was sure to keep his distance, in case she attempted to execute any sort of trap on him. Caution was key, he though to himself at he made his way past the various unknowing patrons.
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:40 am

The vampire, made it to the door, but was intercepted by a servant who was trying to convince her to take a glass of wine. He was too enthralled with her beauty to turn away. Like a magnet, he kept following her steps, blocking her from the door. Her frame tried to get around the servant without causing a fuss. Damn him... She said looking back at her pursuer. Her eyes searched for another exit but by the time she could get to the nearest one he'd be upon her. She managed to duck past the servant, and for the doors.

Can't believe you're running from a simple man. He couldn't possibly hope to win against a vampire... She turned to move to a gap in the pillars waiting for him to get closer. She reached for her knife she had hidden on her bosom, her eyes, looking around to the right of the pillar waiting for him to pass.