[Event] Masque

Thought to have once been a sanctuary from some ancient foe, Wrenhaven has been the seat of Azurian control for centuries.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Trandafir

Re: [Event] Masque

Post by Trandafir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 am

Cyan

Indeed, it was better than what Cyan had expected. He listened to the man's offer, secretly content with what was being propositioned.

Finding a suitor for Alma, someone who could be valuable for him, had always been a struggle for Cyan. No one wanted a sick wife, and after the Fray's name gained a bad reputation with the dethronement of the Calahans, not even the promise of a political alliance was worth the girl's hand in marriage. The visible amusement at this point left Cyan's eyes when Hcaz asked about what his goals were, reminding him that this was a dangerous game. He couldn't make such an important decision in the heat of the moment.

"This isn't a matter to be discussed standing, after having perhaps too much to drink," Cyan said with a smile, in an attempt of a light hearted conversation. His true intentions were far from light hearted, however. "Why don't we meet tomorrow evening? I can speak of my goals... And so can you." The white haired man gestured towards a servant, exchanging his empty glass of wine for another two, for him and his new companion. "I'll consider your offer, Hcaz. Perhaps our families can do well together."
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

Kali

Post by Kali » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:05 am

"Thank you..." Sheena replied, following Abigale's lead. It wasn't that she entirely trusted her yet, but without her mask, or her companions, she didn't have too much choice. At least if she was out there, she would be safe. "My name is Sheena," she answered the question, "Sheena Blackwell. It is very nice to meet you." As soon as they made it outside, though, it was clear that a large conspiracy of ravens were perched near the entrance of the palace, one swooping down and making it's home on Sheena's shoulder, its beady black eyes staring at Abagale almost suspiciously. She smiled lightly, reaching up and petting the raven on the shoulder. "I am alright."

Alex bowed politely, standing up straight and introducing herself. "Queen Alexandoriel of Amethyst Kingdom. Just arrive today. Azuria very nice place. Very nice meeting you." She smiled warmly. Despite not understanding everything, she was enjoying herself. It was why she left, after all. To be the first to explore the surface, and return with her stories. So many things to see, people to meet.

"I felt that today would be a good chance to introduce you. She said she comes from a large underground cavern which has multiple nations. She came to the surface to explore and learn about people on the surface," Kadnissa explained, smiling lightly.
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

CanadianCake

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 am

Josephine was about to leave when she spotted Gustav alone. Finally. So she swiftly walked through the crowds and sunk into a low curtsy before him, dark haired head bowing.

"Excuse me Ser, might I engage in a dance with you?" She asked, finally looking up at him with her violet eyes. Maybe he would recognise her, maybe not. She just wanted to be with someone familiar. She realized that Gustav reminded her of home. The Lady Blue had been her home for quite some time, and this revelation shocked her.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

DarkButterfly

Post by DarkButterfly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 am

Hcaz

Hcaz smiled, his eyes glowing gently as Cyan spoke. Unbeknownst to the man, Hcaz was utilizing one of his own abilities, the Eyes of Chaos. Images and feelings gently flashed before the vampire's eyes. It spoke of broken glass, blood spilled, and great thrones toppled. Unfortunately none of it told Hcaz much, perhaps Cyan held a throne and lost it, or perhaps he intended to topple a throne? Either way, the only definitive knowledge Hcaz held was that Cyan was not a powerful mage.

Bowing gently, Hzac responded,

"I eag'rly await our meeting."

And Hcaz began to make his way out of the building. Next on his list, recovering his estate.

Abigale

Once outside the mansion, Abigale breathed a sigh of relief. Out in the cool of the night, it seemed her hallucinations no longer effected her. Turning to Sheena, the young girl smiled and responded,

"Ok, you're outside."

At that moment, the ravens began to arrive. One of which perched on Sheena's shoulder, and the woman seemed comforted by the bird's presence. Abigale, however, was not comforted. Her visions increased one thousandfold. Every bird held a thousand eyes jutting from misshapen heads, their tongues hung outside their mouths dripping with blood. Voices filled her mind of children from her past she could not remember but demanded vengeance for her sins against them.

The steps beneath her seemed to writhe with snakes, slithering up her legs and latching onto her calves and thighs, biting with searing pain. Stepping back, Abigale placed a hand on the railing nearby but recoiled as she found it soft and slimy. A glance to it and it appeared as though the iron bars had transmogrified themselves into the rotting flesh of dead men. Breathing heavily, Abigale pulled away from Sheena and stuttered out.

"I think, I think I need to sleep."

Indeed, the only thing that kept her from screaming was the fact that she had seen this all before in her dreams. Unconsciously clutching tight to Sheena's mask, for she still held it, Abigale began walking fast away.
"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace."-DarkButterfly

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Well this is rather drab. No takers for a dance, probably time to eat.

Terra thought as she gave a soft yawn as she watched the masquerade continue. Her eyes flickered for a male seemingly vulnerable as she listened to the idle chit chat of those around. She didn't touch the food and drink, why one may ask? Well, being a vampire she needed not for any of it. The Lady Cairdayle wanted nothing more then a bite to drink, but, she wanted to lure someone in.

She began to make her move tset her lure, with the music, she began to gracefully made her way near the dancers and made the look of longing for a dance. The stunning maiden, seemed to mask her intent with near perfection.

Lets see who is the won to be ensnared tonight. Maybe,
A lonely gentlemen? Perhaps a servant whom can't take his eyes away.

The Lady grinned in her mind as she kept her mask of her intentions under her mask. She also needed to listen, for secrets. Things to use. Things for money. That was what her family dealt in, the trade of information.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Gustav

Gustav didn't have to search too much - or at all, really - for soon, a pretty lady had already approached him. He couldn't recognize her behind her pink and white mask, but mostly thanks to the fact that he would never have imagined he'd meet his plain cook in such a prestigious event. That's why Gustav cracked his most gallant smile, taking the woman's hand and kissing the top of it before pulling her closer for a dance, without the faintest idea that the lady in his arms was in fact Josephine.

"It'll be my pleasure," the man said, as they started to dance.

Cyan

After Hcaz had left, Cyan had to return his focus to the ultimate task he had to accomplish that night. After emptying his glass of wine the white haired man scanned the ballroom for a specific lady in a black dress. He spotted her, dancing with a masked man, with a light smile on her lips. Cyan walked over to them, tapping the man gently on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," he said politely, cracking a smirk. "Mind if I steal the lady for her next dance?"
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

CanadianCake

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Josephine was relived when he said yes, and blushed slightly when he pulled her toward him. The girl smiles up at him and examined his ostentatious attire. He looked very handsome.

"How has the ball been for you Gustav?" She asked, swept into a lovely dance. Her cream skirts swished gracefully and she looked up at her partner. He really was a comfort.
~

Ryder sat in a window sill high above, overlooking the ballroom. He peered inside, using a knife to poorly whittle an owl figurine. He grineed down at the scene below, coming up with a commentary.

"Ah, as you can see ladies an gents there is quite the variety at this gala today. In fact, do I see a woman that seems dragon-ish, is she eight feet tall?

Oh and so many major families in attendance, Conrad, Blackwell, Fray, and a scatter of other importants. I say, even Gustav is here! I wonder where the guard and Quinn have gone...

But the most important part is the apparel of these women! Gielbian looks stunnin' in that simple, but elegant green dress. It really accents 'er golden 'air. And Alma, poor girl, she showed up and seems to be eyeing Aleks. Look at the wonderful delicacy of her dress and mask, absolutely perfect for 'er," then Ryder spotted the beautiful woman of the hour. He leaned toward the wibdow, nose nearly touching the glass and he wiped away a little dust.

"Oughta clean these windows more. Now, 'ere we are, Ebony Blackwell in the classic black garb 'er family seems to love. Oh, and look. Dancin' with one boyish fellow, only to be interupted by 'er fiancee. Cyan Fray. Luckiest man in Azuria," Ryder said, his tone finally becoming quieter.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 pm

"Why yes, the next dance will be all yours." Laura said, with a sly smile of her own back at the man, "but, this song has not finished yet." Her off hand once more returned to Ebony's hip, and with a fluid motion she pulled the woman out and away from the interruption and back into flow of movement. The song itself was almost at an end, much like Laura's time here, so the man could wait his turn.

"I am sorry my dear, what was it you asked? My name?" Her right ear perked, as they went into a spin narrowly avoiding another pair in a graceful twirl of their own. Laura guided them to the right, to follow the flow of the crowd.
"My name is Geliz, a Count from a land across the Jeweled Sea."

Again, Laura's ear twitched as she narrowly guided them away from another would be collision. She could see Ebony's eyes widen beneath her mask as she stared up at the ears in a sort of wonderment. Laura again smiled.

"They're real you know." She said easily, "would you like to touch one?"
//rott'd wood creaked with movement, the woman remained at the door//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Gielban

"Likewise," Gielban said, returning the smiles with one of her own. The woman was incredibly interesting by her own right, what with her imposing stature and awkward mannerisms, but her earlier actions only helped to cement Lady Conrad's intrigue.

"Tell me," she continued, abducting a glass of wine from a nearby tray, "do all from this... 'Amethyst Kingdom'... share your remarkable stature? Is it a hallmark of species, or some kind of magical effect your caverns possess? It would be a great boon to have amidst our country's guard."
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Jonathan.

After giving the ballroom guards a good description of the assailant, he scans around the room with his eyes, noticing Lady Conrad. Well, at least she's in a populated room. There's more security in numbers.

With this, he makes his way back into the halls, keeping his eyes on the shadows and corners. He walks up to every guard he spots along the way, alerting them of the situation and describing the assassin's appearance. Not too hard to miss, what with the gaping hole in his face and the reek of cologne and decay, but it's still a good thing to do. Just in case.

Gods, I hope I do not encounter him...

Jonathan has left.
Last edited by Shinigami on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The boundaries which divide life from death are, at best, shadowy and vague."