[Event] Masque

Thought to have once been a sanctuary from some ancient foe, Wrenhaven has been the seat of Azurian control for centuries.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

auspiciousPetals

Re: [Event] Masque

Post by auspiciousPetals » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Aleksander Conrad

He had barely pressed through the crowd to where he had last seen Alma when he realized that she was no longer there. He craned his neck and spun around, looking for her again. A flash of bright red out of the corner of his eye that he tried his hardest to ignore… a glimpse of white that ended up being Cyan … there! The small woman was dancing with a much taller man in a wolf mask. He started through the mass of people again, this time brushing off all attempts at his attention in his effort to get to her.

And then, just as he was closing in , it seemed as though the two were turning to leave. A slice if something bordering panic spiked in his chest. “Lady Fray!”

He could feel a sudden increase in looks after his impulse cry, but he brushed it off the best he could. He'd be damned if he let her slip away again. After all, she was the whole reason he had come down tonight. A spike of pain in his head turned his vision white for a moment, and he stopped to covered his eyes with his hand.
"I'm so disappointed in you." Annasiel 2017

Kali

Post by Kali » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Sheena was a bit caught off guard by the woman's offer. She wasn't sure what to say. She didn't know the woman very well and wasn't sure if she could actually trust her. Then again, who could she truly trust? No one except her companions and her brother. Maybe if they left the palace, her Companions could rejoin her, and she would be safe. She just had to get out. "I...I just need... to get outside..."

Kadnissa had finished showing off the wine and snacks, when she noticed that Gielban was finishing dancing. It was difficult keeping Alex busy in a social environment when the only thing to really do was dance and talk, and everyone seemed to avoid the two of them. Kasnissa was used to it. She wasn't human, and she couldn't even pass for it. No one was interested in talking or dancing with her. It was why the Guild was so great. No one judged her, and she could actually interract with people. The Guild Master led Alex back over to Lady Conrad as she heard Gustav ask for another dance. She couldn't help but sigh lightly. She really should have expected it.
Without hatred, your life is pointless... but this hellfire, isn’t it what supports your legs?

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Alma

The smile escaped her lips when Alma heard Aleksander's call, and she instantly turned in time to see his his hand covering his eyes. He didn't look well. "I-I'm sorry, Lord Hcaz," she apologized with a small reverence. Alma knew he would understand why she had to go, and at that moment, Aleks' well being was more important than the man's judgement on her manners. Aleks' well being was always more important than anything.

Without another moment of hesitation, Alma turned her back on Hcaz and moved through the couples to get to where her loved one stood.

"Lord Aleksander! Are you feeling ill? You might want to sit down..." She spoke with evident worry in her voice, touching his arm lightly. A small part of Alma wanted to smile, for the mere fact of being close to him. But not now; not until she could make sure he was well enough to stand.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

DarkButterfly

Post by DarkButterfly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Hcaz

Hcaz could barely contain his smile as laughter bubbled within him. The Lord of Azuria, a descendant of the Conrads of old, desired this delicate flower? A married man and lord of the land was seeking out a different woman, what a wonderful scandal! Hcaz assumed the man must be married, as no lord in his time could rule without a spouse. As if on cue, as the waltz came to a close, the lord himself called out to Alma. Stepping away from the woman, Hcaz waved off her apologies and responded.

"Doth not apologizeth, our danceth wast most divine. I shalt not keepeth thee from our l'rd any longeth'r. Until we meeteth again, floweth'r."

A rare woman, beautiful because of her uniqueness, desired by the married lord of the land, sought after y a vampire, and still available as a bargaining chip for power in the hands of her brother. Alma certainly found herself attached to the strings of far more powerful men than Hcaz could have ever thought. Moving away from Alma and Aleks as the woman left Hcaz, the vampire walked towards Cyan.

The elf, or half elf perhaps, certainly shared many familial features with his sister. But in Cyan's evident good health it would not have been unlikely for someone to not see the familial connection between him and Alma. Once in Cyan and another noble's presence, Hcaz bowed slightly and introduced himself.

"Holla mine own l'rd and mistress, alloweth me to introduceth myself. I am Hcaz Vidaer, but prithee, calleth me Hcaz. L'rd Cyan, might I stealeth a moment of thy timeth? I has't a proposition f'r thee."

The woman in black, was she a Blackwell? It was not wholey uncommon for nobles to dress in the colors of mourning for the sake of fashion, but Hcaz remembered the Blackwells as being notorious for it. The vampire thought it unlikely, though. Their family had always been unstable, surely they had killed themselves off in the centuries of time between now and Hcaz's last time in Azuria.

Abigale

At the mention of wishing to be outside, Abigale obliged immediately.

"Of course, fresh air would be good, I'll walk you out."

As Abigale held the woman's hand with one of her own and placed another on the woman's back, it occurred to Abigale that she had not yet even introduced herself. As they neared the exit, she spoke once more.

"My name is Abigale, by the way, I'm a hunter, I think. What is your name?"

A hunter of what, though? Abigale remembered not her purpose, not yet. There were still things to be done before the girl could fully recollect her worth in life.
Last edited by DarkButterfly on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace."-DarkButterfly

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Gielban

She hardly noticed when Gustav called her Gielban, though the act did invoke a faint sense of defensiveness. After all, he had not earned any right to call her that; he barely knew her, yet spoke as if they were close as any friends. The incredulity ran rampant beneath the surface, her full attention on dreadful fantasies of slashing dirks and poisoned edges. When he asked for another dance, however, reality came crashing back in a storm.

"What? Yes. No, I..."

The idiot wasn't trying to kill her, he was trying to court her! She berated herself for making foolish assumptions, loosening her grip and pulling away. The gazes must have been for other suitors, or - dread rumor or not - for her brother. She allowed herself another glance. Sure enough, there was Alek, garbed in royal blue and gold to match her green. No, it couldn't have been from any rumors. Nobody knew. She'd have heard about it immediately, fallen under harsh ridicule and reprimand. He was most likely just nervous because of who Alek was.

"Though I would love to dance again, I cannot spend my entire night with you," she replied, tone slightly harsher than she intended. Maybe the harshness was ideal, though, to nip any hopes of romancing her in the bud. Frantically, she searched for some excuse, at last catching sight of the nearby guildmaster and companion.

"I promised my dear friend Kadnissa she could introduce me to another," she lied smoothly. She'd made no such promise, and she rarely spoke much more than greetings to the woman, but there was no way Gustav would know. "It was a pleasure, Ser Gylbard."

With that, she pulled away.

"Miss Dorenka, it is a pleasure," Gielban said in greeting to the Drakonian, honestly meaning it this time. "I see you're acquainted with the hero of the evening! What is your name, dear?"
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Myrn

Post by Myrn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Ebony

“I have come to ask from you a single dance, if you would be willing to provide.” Ebony glanced at the outstretched hand and paused for a moment. She had never been approached by someone of... animal likeness. She paid no mind to the stout animal ears that rests upon their head and gently placed a hand in theirs.

“I would be pleased to honor thee a dance good sir.” Ebony was unaware of their female gender as there was no clear indicators to go off of. There were plenty men with long hair and boyish tones. And the suit they wore was clearly meant for a man to dress in, it was only logical she would assume so.
Niuuuuuu~ Don't 100d me~♡ - Lebi 2017

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:54 am

Laura’s lips curled into a gentle smile as the woman took hold of her hand. She stepped in close, her offhand sliding easily onto the noble woman’s hip as she guided her out onto the dancing floor. Her movements were light and easy, perhaps a little hesitant at first as she learned the rhythm of the musicians, and took a quick measure of her partner’s skill. The woman was good.

Laura was pleased, it was no fun if she had to worry about the safety of her toes during her only dance of the night.

Soon enough, the hesitation was gone, and Laura simply looked into her partner’s eyes, lovely and dark beneath the mask, as they glid across the floor.
//rott'd wood creaked with movement, the woman remained at the door//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 am

Cyan

Hcaz. Cyan was familiar with the name, of course.

When the man who had been dancing with Alma decided to approach him and Dame Blackwell, Cyan already had a good feeling about it. He didn't know however that he'd be talking with a hcazian vampire; no. The Hcazian vampire. A small smirk threatened to grow between Cyan's lips upon hearing that he'd have a proposition for him. Most likely, regarding Alma.

"If you'll excuse me," Cyan said with a reverence towards Amara, before walking away with the man for a little privacy. "I'm Lord Cyan Fray, but I'm sure my sister already informed you of that." The man said, once they had stopped at a safe distance from the Dame Blackwell, surrounded by fools who were too entertained by the dance to pay attention to the conversation the two men were having. "My sister, Alma... She's simmilar to a delicate flower, is she not?"

Gustav

Gustav failed at acknowledging the harshness in Gielban's tone, content with the words 'I would love to dance again'. He watched as she left with a smile, waiting until she had approached the women who had attempted to speak with her earlier to spin in his heels and step away from the center of the ballroom.

The night was young, and so was Gustav. With a carefree smirk on his lips, the man searched for another woman to have a dance with. It was unlikely that he'd find someone as charming as the Lady of Azuria, but she'd said it herself that she couldn't spend the entire night in his company, and for him it wasn't any different.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

DarkButterfly

Post by DarkButterfly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 am

At lord Cyan's quick response to leave the woman and follow Hcaz, the vampire figured that he knew of Hcaz's bloodline. After all, if it were someone attempting to pose as a vampire lord, what fool would take the name of the mad, ancient Hcaz? Following Cyan, Hcaz began subtly focusing his magic within his blood, plans formulating in his mind and blood. After lord Cyan spoke, Hcaz nodded and responded quietly.

"A pleasure to finally meeteth one of thee, l'rd Fray. Aye, Alma is quite a delicate floweth'r, forsooth. I wouldst beest falsing if I hath sayeth I w're not enraptur'd by h'r. Thee seeth, I'd liketh to buildeth a connection with thy house through thy lief floweth'r. But, I s'rrowfully admiteth I has't been out of politics f'r a longeth timeth. Couldst thee enlighten me as to thy purpose, thy goals? This beest so yond I might gift thee something m're valuable than a simple cureth f'r the illness lief Alma holds within h'r."

Indeed, Hcaz could cure the illness within Alma. The vampire lord did not know the illness exactly, nor the cause of it, but the scent of her sickened blood was unmistakable to Hcaz. Were he seeking out prey, she would have been the last choice on his list.

That aside, it was unusual that Hcaz, a monster no one had heard of in centuries, would suddenly approach a brother with the desire to marry his sister. Love could not have been a factor, and indeed it was not, but neither was politics. No, the reason behind the approach had been nothing more than a simple fascination for a beauty that Hcaz felt only he could truly admire, and the following through resulted from the prospect of gaining power. Hcaz had only been awake for a few weeks, but already he found the likes of his bloodline tainted and twisted by other vampires. His people were slaves, driven mad by the desire for power within other weaker, foolish vampires.

Through Alma, Hcaz sought two things. Proper admiration of beauty, and vengeance.
"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace."-DarkButterfly

Myrn

Post by Myrn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 am

Ebony

At first, it seemed that he was hesitant as they began, however, over time the confidence had returned. She returned the smile with a pleasant one of her own as the two spun and twirled into the night. Their gazes were locked as they seemed to ignore the world around them, and a single thought occupied Ebony's mind as she was dipped: what a lovely shade of red those eyes had.

"Pray tell good Sir." Another flawless spin and Ebony was back in his arms. "Do you have a name I may call you by?"
Niuuuuuu~ Don't 100d me~♡ - Lebi 2017