The Dining Hall

Thought to have once been a sanctuary from some ancient foe, Wrenhaven has been the seat of Azurian control for centuries.
Annasiel
Administrator

The Dining Hall

Post by Annasiel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:48 am

Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: The Dining Hall

Post by Annasiel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:59 am

"Have you sent word to them?" Gielban asked for the thousandth time, evenly parting a lock of her hair.

"I have, my Lady," the manservant replied dryly.

She wasn't particularly nervous. More anticipatory. It was her first private dinner with guest in a long while, and she wanted it to go without complaints. Fast, comfortable, and over before she grew fed up with the poshness of it all. Hopefully, her guest for tonight would be easier to deal with. From what she knew, the woman seemed brutish, taller than most men and able to cleave a man's head with a single swing. Then again, she was a queen, and queens tended to be quite demanding when it came to courtesy.

Well, whichever way it bent, Gielban would be ready.

She checked the clasp of her necklace amulet - a family heirloom - and brushed down the skirt of her evening gown. A knock came from the palace door in the distance.

The door to the palace opened, a weaselly faced man in ironed finery behind it. He was short of stature, and had a hooked nose, giving the impression of a tiny, well-groomed penguin.

"Miss Dorenka, Queen Drake," the man squeaked with a low bow. "The Lady Gielban is expecting you. Please, come this way."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:21 am

Alexandra looked down to the very tiny man, tilting her head lightly. "Thank you," the giant woman responded, following the small man and doing her best not to step on him or bump into him. The pink dragonwoman followed behind the larger woman. Upon entering the dining hall, the queen looked around in amazement. "So pretty," She commented, then looked towards Gielban, smiling wholeheartedly. "Thank you... for meeting me..." she replied, still trying to be more polite and more adept at the language. She still hard far to go.

Kadnissa smiled as well, bowing lightly. "I hope you managed to get some rest."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 am

"Of course," she replied, gesturing at the two seats to the left of her. "Please, sit."

The penguin-like man scuttled around the two women, grabbing a crystal decanter and filling the glasses at their spots.

"Thank you, Norri," Gielban said. The man nodded, then disappeared through a door at the end of the hall. Gielban lifted her own glass to her lips, brimming to the rim with the amber wine.

"Camelyn Ichor." She lowered the glass and dabbed her lips with a napkin. "It's a drier blend, but lightly fermented. I tend to save it for guests, so often savor it when I can."

The question of rest went deliberately unanswered. Instead, Gielban focused her attention on Alex, folding her hands before her on the table.

"Where are you from?"

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:39 am

Alexandra and Kadnissa both took their seats, thanking the small man. Alex looked at the small glass and carefully lifted it up, being careful with it. She didn't entirely understand what Gielban had said about it, but on taking a sip, she found it to be nice. She thought about what she had asked, and smiled. "Come from Underground. Place of many crystals. It divided by colors, each color a kingdom. I am Amethyst Dragon from Amethyst Kingdom," She answered, thinking about her home momentarily. While she missed it, she loved exploring the surface.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 pm

"A Dragon?"

Some form of rank, for certain, unless magic was at work. The woman looked as far from a dragon as a teapot from a cupboard, pardoning her unusual size. Gielban took another sip of the wine.

"I have never heard of such a place before, and I am well versed with the kingdoms of the near lands. I suppose you have come from far away?" Not unkind, but not congenial. The words were technical, prying, curious, sharp green eyes watching the unusual woman from over the sparkling glass.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:17 am

Alex thought a little, trying to figure out how far away it truly was. "Well.... Entrance to surface is.... many sleeps to here... Big crystal in sky is far brighter on surface than home," She tried to explain. Things really were so different, and she wasn't sure if she was explaining things well at all. She didn't mind talking about home. It was home, and she had been gone for some time already. She missed it, but the surface world had so much to offer.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 pm

"I see," Gielban replied curtly, then fell back into silence. She took another, longer sip of wine, setting the cup down with under half of the drink left. She folded her hands, eyes wandering from her guests to the room itself. This was... awkward, to say the least. The woman's manner of speech was difficult to decipher.

"A big crystal."

Another long pause before Gielban spoke again.

"Why did you come to Azuria?"