Tales of the Royal Arms

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Tales of the Royal Arms

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 am

"Dammit it all."

Musket examined the inside hood of Red Velvet. Nothing was out of the ordinary. He recently got an oil change so that was out of the question. He shouldn't have needed a new transmission for a long time. So what exactly was it?! Through the numerous mumbles, low grunts and occasional eye twitch he couldn't figure it out.

What the hell?!

Why won't the car run? He checked the tires, brakes and hood at least one hundred times! There was even a gas station down from where they came! There was an urge to slam the cars hood. Pent up frustration was beginning to show itself. Musket closed the hood as looking down both ways of the paved road. A long strip as they were surrounded by open fields; in the middle of the summer afternoon heat as well. Surely this couldn't have gotten any worse...

Looks like arriving to the area of the contract was gonna take much longer than intended. Leaning on the hood Musket slid out an outdated flip-phone from a pocket underneath his long red cloak. Another small eye twitch, followed by a long stressed sigh. One more barrier making this job harder than it needed to be.

"No bars...of course there isn't any in this wasteland."

He couldn't even contact a towing service. So options were very limited at this point and time. To what exactly is up to the next string of events.
===
"Are we gonna go yet?"

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!

Leonardo closed the zipper to his pants before turning back towards the car and the group. Although he was a few meters out into the field to do his "business", it wasn't exactly private.

"Been holdin that in since we started the car ride..." he mumbled to himself feeling relieved and refreshed. It had to have been at least ten minutes since the car broke down. At this point the group would have to continue on foot or find some alternative. They were a half an hour or more from the service point from before.

"Eh. Whatever. Guess we're gonna be here a while then. Might as well get comfortable." The large man approached the car, while removing his shirt. A nice chiseled body greatly enhanced by the golden rays of the sun beaming down. Hoisting it over the shoulder casually popping the trunk afterwards. There were many items of note but most importantly a cooler. Storing bottles of water, some cans of soda and snacks.

"Well if anyone gets hungry or thirsty I packed some stuff just in case this scenario happened!" He shout to the rest of the others. Leonardo opened the cooler taking a can of soda and wiping across the back of his neck. If no alternative was presented then abandoning the contract was the only way to go at this point...

Mama Happy
Silver

Re: Tales of the Royal Arms

Post by Mama Happy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Cannon was becoming restless in her seat. With her puffy dress and the car no longer working, she was starting to get hot. ”What wrong with car? Why it so hot?” She whined, slouching her seat and crossing her arms. The young Arm stood up on the seats and opened the car door, struggling a bit was it almost slammed back closed on her. Cannon hopped out and walked over to Leonardo and tried looking into the trunk to see where he had gotten his drink. ”Cannon want juice!” She cheered, looking up at the older man, pointing towards the trunk.

————————————

The distinctive sound of pop-pop closing in on the group slowed down only a bit as Flame pulled up next to the group on her Harley Davidson, placing her foot down as she stopped. ”Having a bit of car trouble, Musket?” She asked, raising her voice above the motorcycle’s engine. ”What do you wanna do? Just want me to go all the way down and get help?” Flame turned her motorcycle not to waste any more gas as the group had gotten themselves into a pickle.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Clinking sounds of bottles from the cooler was heard, making Nifl feel more irritated at the heat from the sun. Getting out of the vehicle, she refrained from clicking her tongue. No wind. Perhaps it was just her affinity to ice.

Seeing Flame and Musket near the engine, she approached them just as she heard the woman's question. Glancing at their faces and then at the vehicle for several seconds before speaking again. "Hm... could you perhaps try starting it one more time? We could try having a listen to see where the issue might be." she said. "I'm not a mechanic or professional, of course..." but at least until they were sure that there really is no hope, it would be a hassle to have someone walking all the way back or to the next point of civilization.

Currently with an chattery personality, the twin Hookswords turned from their seat to look outside the back window. "Eh, we still can't move?" the sister of the two murmured.

"How long do we have to be in this heat?" asked the other.
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

InquisitorRothus
Bronze

Post by InquisitorRothus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Chariot unfurled himself from the trunk in which he was sleeping. "Why hello there!" Said the clown, rubbing his eyes as he exited the trunk. He looked around and seemed a bit confused. "What happened to the mission? Why are we in the endless beach? Is this the end? Oh woeisme! The sun threatens to scorch my porcelain skin! Avast me hearties! Onwards to a shady expulsion!" With nary a second thought, Chariot started walking off in a random direction.

Forwin was dying. His attire was not suitable for being in an unconditioned metal box under the sun. No sounds came from him other than an exasperated sigh or the sound of labored breathing. Leaving the car, the man in all black took off his hat and started fanning himself. How could Musket of all people not know what's wrong with his car? He spends more time with the car than with literally anything else.
You will learn about our loving and forgiving God or you will DIE!

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:26 am

"Just stop talking for a moment." Musket couldn't help but twitch.

Musket sighed. Too much was going on from too many people and he just needed a moment of silence to think. Trying not to blow off everyone's head. He looked at the engine one more time before slamming the hood shut."This isn't a phone or a computer. Turning the engine off and on again isn't a solution." Musket responded to Nifl. He didn't want to sound hostile but that was the usual tone.

"Worse case scenario there's no gas somehow."

That was the scenario he wished for. Something so trivial it was unrealistic with this set of characters. That would make him the luckiest man in the world.

"Sure Flame, that's the best idea so far." Musket turned to her, raven hair flowing like streams of water. "You should probably, take someone with you, like one of the twins." He didn't care who, just getting out of the heat and finishing this assignment was his priority.
====

"Sure no problem kiddo!"

Leo rummaged through the cooler with his freehand. Feeling through the sharp cubes of ice until eventually pulling out a packaged juice handing it to Cannon. Always had to pack something for the 'little ones'.

"Now all we need is some skimp-wear and we'll be the perfect roadside car wash! Quick someone get Flame into the shortest shorts you can find!" Leo shouted as he opened the can with that satisfying release of carbonated air. Added with faint fizzling bubbles.

"Aye Forwin, why not show the ladies whatcha hiding man? Breathe a little, eh?" Taking a short chug of the can he walked up to the front of Red Velvet. Wrapping his bare arm around Nilfheim's shoulders."Hey there Ice-bae! Don't ya think you're a bit hot in that outfit? I know I'd be. Breathe a little eh?" The large man gave her a wink. He had perverse methods of dealing with crisis or situations. Humor, charisma and of course flirting. Of course his intent was to get everyone's mind off the heat.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

”Alright, got it. I’ll take whoever then.” Flame said, glancing at the group who were chatting amongst themselves. ”Actually, scratch that. I’ll take anyone but Leo.” Flame scowled at Leo’s comment about putting her in super short shorts that you may as well consider denim underwear. With Leo’s perverted ways, she couldn’t tell if he was joking for the most part or being dead serious, but she could tell he wasn’t. ”Why don’t you put some shorts on instead? I know a lot of girls would actually have dudes washing their cars instead of fellow girls.” She said, giving him a smirk. ”But, the sooner we can get moving, the sooner we can finish this contract and go back home.” Flame just wanted to go back to see Whip. Though she doubted Whip was truly concerned that much as she was most likely watching tv like she usually does.

————————

Cannon smiled happily as Leo handed her a juice box. ”Thank you!” She said, remembering her manners. She pulled the plastic straw off the box and poked it through the hole on top. She took a long, slow sip and exhaled happily after swallowing the sugary drink. Cannon looked back at Chariot as he was walking in the direction the group had just come from, causing the young weapon to giggle. ”No, that.. that wrong way! That’s wrong way, Chary. We go... hmm.” Cannon looked around, somehow forgetting the direction the group was heading and then smiled, remembering. ”We go that way! Come back, we go that way!” She said, taking another sip from her juice box.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Nifl didn't react much to Musket's direct speech, preferring that way of talking. "Whatever works." She shrugged. "Let me know if anything needs help for."

One of the weird ones, Nifl commented in her mind as she saw Chariot exit out of the Trunk. The white-haired woman was about to say something before Leo had made some suggestion about dealing with the heat. If she didn't respect him or considered him a friend she would have slapped his hand away. Instead, Nifl gave him a look, feeling a slight sadistic urge to play along.

"If I'm not in the outfit, I'll be worried I'll be sunburnt," she said, rather unconvincingly with her neutral facial expression. She raised her hand, "Besides," she continued, "there are other ways as well, if you'd like to try?'

(Note: She's referring to her ability. )

... ...

As the twins had gotten out of the car, hearing some commotion from outside, L's ears picked up something, and she tugged on her brother's arm. The dual hookswords peeked around the opened door of the car.

"Moving?" L said, repeating the word she heard Flamethrower say by chance.

"Moving? Are we going to move soon?" R's words following L's excitedly, as the two walked up to Flame.
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!