(Monika) Let Me Live

Miro-chan
Bronze

(Monika) Let Me Live

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:42 pm

An alarm clock rang an annoying tune within a large bedroom in a very expensive hotel. It was six o'clock in the evening and a man marched from the bathroom, went around his bed, and pressed the button in top of the metallic box. Leon sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh and ran one of his hands down his tired face. He'd just gotten out if the shower his alarm went off and his hair was still wet as well as having a large, fluffy, white towel wrapped tightly around his waist. His left hand reached for his phone and he slid his finger across the screen, the phone opened to the home screen. Blinking, he reread the messages he and one of his old friends had sent to eachother the past two days. Leon hadn't spoken to Claire in quite some time-- a couple of years to be exact. The last they spoke was when she had contacted him after she and Chris had escaped Rockford Island.

He had been worried about her when she'd sent him an email asking for help, or to contact Chris. She had been in danger and Leon wasn't allowed to go to the Island, even after getting paperwork and sending requests to be sent there himself. Reluctantly, the agent had contavted Chris and gave him the location and he prayed the two would be safe. Leon was still salty towards the government, but he was still held under the "Do what we tell you, or you will be killed." By now, Leon figured he could probably take out half the agents they'd send after him. Then again, he was also friends with the president and Leon knew the man wouldn't allow anyone to harm him from the agency. Sighing again, Leon's blue orbs scanned over the messages the teo coversed about and he chuckled. When he tokd her where he was on vacation, Claire told him she was in the area and that they should grab a bite to eat and catch up.

Putting the phone down, Leon stood from his spot and went back into the bathroom. He finished getting ready, brushed his teeth and combed out his dirty blonde hair. His attire consisted of dark blue jeans, tennis shoes, a black spandex, short sleeved shirt, which was undenreath a blue-grey button up, long sleeved shirt, and a dark brown, leather belt. He strapped on his watch to his left wrist and took one last look in the mirror. Deciding to keep the stubble of a beard, he sprayed on a bit of cologne and left the room.

It didn't take him long before he reached the resteraunt they were going to meet at. He got there a few minutes early, right before 7:30 hit. The restaurant was a bit on the smaller side and it kinda reminded him of the Burger King nack in Raccoon City.

The male scoffed at himself, "Yeah... Since has something not reminded you of that place..?"

He had to think about it ans pretty much everything he did reminded him of that horrible city. He scowled a bit as he thought about the missions he had to constantly go on. Everytime he'd go someplace, always having to save people from Bio Terrorism, he'd always find himself asking, "What is the point of this anymore? Why do I have to keep fighting when the people always end up dying anyway?"

He rubbed his eyes before getting out of his car and he locked it. Walking to the front of the building, he leaned his back against the wall and took out his cellphone.

"Hey. I'm here. Shoot me a text when you get here and I'll come find you. ...Unless you want me to come pick you up?

7:45 PM
"

His thumb hit the green SEND button and he waited.
Last edited by Miro-chan on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: (Monika) Let Me Live

Post by Monika » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Claire had been still in her hotel room when she heard her text-tone go off. She didn't pull her eyes away from the mirror though, fixated on the second form in the reflective glass. The blonde hair and blue eyes, the purple dress and choker... Alexia was staring back at her, looking over her shoulder. The Ashford woman wasn't there. She was never there. She never really said anything to her, though sometimes hummed. That same song from Rockfort. Sometimes she was sure she was physically hearing the music box again. Sometimes she felt like she was losing her mind.

Finally taking her eyes off of Alexia's image, she turned the faucet on and washed her face again. She couldn't let the dead woman's memory ruin her day. She was going to see Leon again, for the first time in... forever. She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him. Alexia was gone from the mirror when Claire looked back in the mirror. Grabbing a towel and drying her face, she brushed her hair back and pulled it up and tied it in her signature ponytail. She was wearing a pair of jeans and black tank top. She made her way to the bed, picking up her phone and looking at her lit up screen. She smiled lightly, giving him a reply.

"I'm heading out right now. I'll be there in a minute. See you soon."

Short and sweet, but he wanted to go ahead and get there. She grabbed a bag and headed out of the room, walking from the hotel to the restaurant, which was just around the corner. It didn't take too long for her to get there, and even though it had been some time, she still recognized him. She couldn't help but smile lightly as she made her way over to where he was waiting.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:09 am

Leon glanced down at his watch before looking back up and he nodded towards a couple that walked past him and into the restaurant. It had been a couple of minutes since he received Claire's text, which made him smirk im a amusment a bit. He looked from the convienance store across the road to his left, down the street, and then he spotted her. His lips formed a small smile as he pushed himself off from his spot against the wall and Leon walked to her.

Coming to a stop in front of her, his smile grew a bit, "Hey. Long time no see."

It was a few seconds before he wrapped his arms around her form in a friendly, tight hug. As he pulled away, he asked in a joking manner, "What took ya so long, huh?"
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:30 am

Claire noticed Leon coming towards her and she smiled a little more, stopping when he came up to meet her. She was a little caught off guard when he hugged her, but welcomed it and hugged him back, looking up to him a little. "Sorry, my hotel is right around the corner so I decided to walk." She smiled a little more. "It's good to see you." She started for the restaurant. "You're kind of a hard person to get a hold of..." she laughed a little.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:53 am

Leon chuckled at her response and replied with half a shrug, "Yeah, well, they don't really give me any breaks at work, so I can't really answer phone calls."

An older couple had exited the buildind and the agent moved out of the way so they could walk past them. He glanced around again, only seeing a few cars fly by on either side of the street. The sun had started to set, having already disappeared behind the tall buildings of the small city. It left the sky a mixture of orange and yellow colors, cause Leon to think of the various mass bombings he'd had to escape. He blinked, pushingthe unwanted thoughts away. Leon quickened his steps, reached for the metallic door handle, and pulled it open. He gestured towards the entrance, indicating that she walk through first.

"After you," he said, his small grin never leaving his face.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 am

Claire laughed a little. "No breaks are a bummer.." she followed Leon closely. She didn't realize how much she missed being around him until now. Then again, last time she really got to spend time they were trying to survive. She smiled lightly as they made it to the door. "Well, we'll definitely have to try to get together whenever you get times off like this..." She replied as she headed inside, looking around.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 am

"Yeah, they are," he started as he followed her inside, "But it's just part of my job. I'm on call just about all the time."

He started to reply to her stating that they should see eachother, but the host of the restaurant greeted them. Leon told the male that it was just the two of them and a womaned them to a comfy booth to sit in. The cushions were red and held by wooden panels amd their table was both wood glass. They were by one of the large windows and hanging above them was a large, red lantern. The rest of the tables and booths were spread out and various families and couples were either leaving, waiting, or enjoying their meals. Across the room from where the friends were seated, towards Leon's right, was a bar, which also merged with the large kitchen hidden behind it. Different types of alcoholic beverages were being served and Leon swallowed. It had been a while since he last had a drink... He looked at Claire.

I'm definitely gonna need one or three to get what I need to out... He thought to himself as his smile returned.

A waitress walked over to their booth, pen and pad in hand, and she smiled at the two.

"Hello! I am Mary and I'll be your server for this evening. Can I start you two off with some drinks?"

Leon waited for Claire to order first before he turned to the lady, pulling out his wallet to grab his I.D. "I'd like a Scotch, please." He said, showing her his I.D.

Once she looked at it, she wrote it down and walked away. Leon returned his attention to Claire, "So... How have you been?"

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:05 am

"So that means that we can be interrupted at any time and you'll have to leave?" Claire replied, a little upset at the thought. "After all this time, they can ruin our fun?" She pouted a little. "That's not fair at all." she sat down when they were led to a booth, looking around a little. "This place is pretty nice..." She looked to him with a smile, then looked to the waitress when she wanted their drink order. "I'll just have a Pepsi," she responded, then looked to Leon when he ordered alcohol. She felt a little plain ordering just a soda, but she really wasn't the drinking type. Not since the last time she had one years ago.

"I've been alright... for the most part..." She smiled faintly. How would she go about telling him that she's been to therapists the past few years. "What about you?"

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 am

"That's good," he stated as he glanced around, seeming to be a little reluctant. After a few seconds of silence, he said, "Well... I'm okay. Just been busy with work."

His smile left his face as he stared at a young couple seated to Leon's right. His eyes seemed to glaze over a bit as he thought of a date he and Ada had been on. It had been the first and last one they had ever been on. Leon swallowed as he closed his eyes, trying to push the painful, heartbreaking memories away.

"A...Ada and I... decided that we wouldn't...work being together." He murmured as he opened his eyes again, the couple replacing his old self and his past love.

A saddened smile found his face as he looked back at him friend, "That was years ago, though. So..."

He fell silent again before he cleared his throat, "Anyway, work has been a bit of a pain. A few years back, the president's daughter was kidnapped by a cult that used a parasite to control others and let me tell you, omce you've got one of those things in you, they're a pain in the ass get get rid of."

Leom shuddered at the memory and slightly gripped at the place he had felt when the small creature was still in him. "Sometimes I still think it's in me... Afraid that I'll end up hurting innocent people." He let out a scoff of a laugh, "I've even gone to the doctor and had all kinds of scans done and they all come back negative."

He shook his head and bitterly smirked right before the waitress came back with their drinks. Leon looked up at woman, muttering a quick thank you, and watched as she left to take another order. Taking a large gulp from the cool, crystal glass, Leon let out a long sigh of relief.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:43 am

Claire had to admit she felt a little sad at the fact that some other girl was able to go on a date with him before she could. It was something that she had wanted to do, but it was really hard to get in touch to even get together. For some reason, the name sounded familiar, but she couldn't really remember where she heard it. "Who was Ada again?" She found herself asking, only to realize how rude it probably was, considering it looked like he had really liked her. "Sorry... .. it.. sounded like you liked her..." She smiled faintly.

When he talked about being infected with a parasite, she immediately knew how he felt, and said as such. "I... I know how you feel... ... After Rockfort... I... swear I see Alexia... the... woman my brother and I ended up fighting. She made this virus... that she infected herself with... she wanted to infect the world with it and use it to control everyone.. we stopped her... but... I... see her... and have been... for awhile... sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy..." She chuckled slightly, looking to him. "In... all honesty... it's... why I was a little late getting here..." she rubbed the back of her neck a little. "Guess we've both got scars."