The New World: Deadlands

Reznik
Bronze

Re: The New World: Deadlands

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 am

Reznik couldn’t help but snort at the fake remark. He had half a mind to give Tajo a piece of his mind for the insult but instead kept his mouth shut for the sake of keeping the peace. His fists however did ball up tightly, already within enough ear shot to overhear what Tajo and Sullivan were talking about.

His eyes did land on Jaxon, just to gauge his response to the backstabbing plan, and he could tell the two of them were thinking along he same wavelength. He relaxed a bit at this, only to tense up more when Chris finally entered. At first glance, Reznik shrugged the man off as another annoying asshole, but when the man spoke, Reznik recognized him entirely.

“This is gonna get interesting....” the words left his mouth before he had a chance to stop it. It had been years since he had seen Chris at the max security prison, but that was one, colorful character he’d never forget either.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Tajo's face twisted in anger at Chris' antics as he paraded himself like a cocky bastard into the room, plopping himself onto the desk. It had been over a month since Tajo had to make an example of someone, and it seemed Chrisnwas fighting hard to be the next one. His remarks and rash actions caused the vein in Tajo's neck to bludge as he tried to supress his bubbling anger and the mans obvious defiance. Though, it was hardly any use.

Quickly, Tajo stood up and stepped over to Chris, gripping the back of his neck and throwing him forward fave first onto the ground. The large dsrk.leader planted his boot in the center of Chris' back, pressing hard as he leaned forward to speak. "Have you forgotten, who the fuck you kneel to? You fucking worm! Have you forgotten, who saved your sorry ass those months ago? Huh? You better get back in your place.. or i will put you dere.. my fucking self!" Tajo growled as he twiseted his foot into the man's back before lifting it off and taking a small step back, unholstering the revolver from his side, leaving it pointed at the ground.

"Since you think tou sre better dan dis place.. let me remind you just how low you are. Get the fuck up and go clean the pit.. i want it spotless. If i see a drop of blood.. i will paint the walls with yours. You got it!?" He commanded as he pulled the man up by his shirt. "Tomorrow, you take de cowboy and de small one, along with the usuals on a run. One week. Do not come back before den.. and do not let anyone die.. it will be on your fucking head."

To say the least, Jaxon was terrified of Tajo's actions, the way he threw his own men around like they were nothing. Clearly this man was not fucking around. Though, at the mention of his brother, Jaxon couldnt help but speak up. "Where?" He asked hoarsly. "Where are they going? The run..?"

Tajo's eyes shifted to Jaxon, his expression remaining the same. "You worry about flying, boy. Let whatever else happens.. happen."

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm

The anger in Tajo only fueled on Chris as he went to speak again, but the suddenness of the older man's actions caught him off guard. Hitting the ground he was pissed and was more then ready to kill, but the boot being placed into his back forced him to stay down. As Tajo explained to him what they were going to do as well as telling him to clean the pit Chris just nodded, mainly because it would mean that the man would get off him.

As he got back to his feet he gave Tajo a smile, "You know, cap, you didn't have to go that far I mean it's like you forget who the hell I am...but I'm going to go and clean the pit man" he chuckles and as he goes to pass by Rez and Jax he pauses and looks at Reznik, but shakes his head and continues on heading to the pit.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Addison didn't want to trust the stranger either. The timing of it all went against the woman, even if she really was trying to get help. After what they had been through only the previous day, their people were going to far less trusting than before, and that was saying a lot. Tessa's sudden intense threat resonated strongly with her, but still Addison said nothing to AJ. Instead of speaking to the woman, a confused stare gazed at the women in her group. "You really wanna trust her? That's just as good as trusting any old asshole in this joint. I'm with Cassi, I don't like this at all."

The girl got up with a slight grunt. Getting to know their surroundings might help. Addison investigated the place, ignoring the strange glances she got from several of the women, and ended up finding herself several feet away from the door. Her eyes were glued to the doorknob as she yearned to escape from this hell on earth. She would much rather find herself in the middle of a pack of mutants then stay here and have to put her life in the hands of strangers. Maybe there was some sort of way they could get one person to escape unseen, someone that could find Misty and hopefully get some help from the outside. It felt so hopeless, though.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Reznik simply raised an eyebrow at Chris as he sulked past. Shaking his head he finally looked back at Tajo after Chris was well out of ear shot.

“With all due respect boss, no amount of bashing his head in will get him to listen...Hes always been like that. I can’t count how many times prison guards had bashed his head in for that mouth.” He wasn’t trying to speak out of turn or over step, more was he trying to kiss ass. Reznik remembered all too well how Chris was, and shy of Tajo killing him, it would take an act of God to get Chris to change.

He was also going to ask about the run, but Jax has already beaten him to it, so on that account he kept his mouth shut.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 am

Prison? It makes sense. Reznik didnt really speak of his past a whole lot, shit none of them really did. There wasnt much point to it anymore aside from the simple things. Though Jaxon wasn't aware the man had been incarcerated until now. The question struck his mind, what had he done?

Jax himself had spent a few stints in jail, minor charges. Mostly fighting and drug related incidents. But something told him that it wasnt the case for Reznik. Violent charges fot the bill, though he didnt seem very violent these days. Most cases were usually some sort of misunderstanding or situation getting out of hand. It did play to their advantage some, as he knew how these men worked, because he wouodve been around people like this often.

Tajo raised a brow at Reznik's comment, but decided not to speak on it, instead he waved the two of them off. "Go, get out of here. Rest, the both of you. Dont do anything stupid either. Stay within the hangars, and help yourself to eat." Tajo told them as he motioned towards the door, his voice calming though still holding some tension. "Eyes will be on you.. tread lightly." Once the two of them left, Tajo and Sullivan were the onky two remaining in the room, his eyes shifting to the man as he sat on the corner of the desk. "That woman, from the new group, who is she to you?"

Jax nodded, grunting as he stood up, exiting the room with Reznik behind him. It was nice to feel somewhat trusted by the tyrant of the airport, not exactly treated like prisoners like the rest of the group. He only imagined what the girls were dealing with. It was only a matter of time before the men of the compound tried anything with them. "Prison, huh?" Jax spoke as the two made their way down the hall towards the exit, his eyes staying forward as he spoke to Reznik.

--

"No.. i dont want to trust any of these.. mother fuckers.. but its better than sitting here like trapped rats desperately trying to come up with an escape plan." Tessa retorted with a huff, her firey eyes shifting to addison. "Just.. trust me, not her, okay?" She asked with a softer tone before shifting her gaze back to AJ. "We need something from you, as a sign of trust. I dont want to sit around here, waiting to be raped by these pigs." She crossed her arms, her eyes shifting between everyone else. "Give a us a way to trust you.."

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 am

Lydia rose an eyebrow at the woman's temporary, but odd expression, followed by her equally curious answer. Looks like they weren't getting a name today - the topic of Sullivan was just too damn important. Honestly though, that wasn't new or surprising. He was admittedly quite compelling. But of course she'd think that, he was her boyfriend.

"Yeah, I guess you could say I know him," the blonde said, suddenly unable to stop the giddy smile from crossing her lips. "He was my boyfriend before all this." Boyfriend, lover, fellow criminal. Criminal? No, she didn't like using that word. Justice seeker? That was better.

"I just need a chance to talk to him. Fill each other in," the blonde said, choosing her words very carefully, especially since the other girls were clearly not impressed with her sudden assumed trust in this stranger.

-----------

Sullivan crossed his arms firmly against his chest and listened to the extended plan. It was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, to be completely honest. Mostly because he was stuck working with Chris. Chris was completely psychotic, unreliable, unpredictable, and he dropped bodies wherever he went. If he were Tajo, he would've executed his sorry ass months ago, point blank. But Tajo kept him around, for whatever reason.

Thankfully, Tajo seemed to realize that Chris was not a leader. Which meant that Sullivan would be stuck leading these idiots, and protecting them. His gaze landed on Jax, the man Tajo was personally assigning him to. He'd be his body guard. Fucking pathetic. Still, Sullivan made sure to show that he was up for the task - because he was. He was willing to do anything for survival, even if that meant doing this.

"You got it, boss," the man replied with a nod, only to be interrupted by the missing man. The enigma himself, covered in some poor man's blood, strolled into the room, as if he were king of the world. His lip curled upward in disgust, but was swiftly rewarded with Tajo's sweet, sweet retaliation.

He stayed back, listening and observing the exchange between the four other men inside the room. The tattooed one looked like he was gonna shit himself, while the other seemed more relaxed when it came to Tajo's display. But of course, it was soon revealed that he too, was an ex-con. One that shared a cell block with Chris. Obviously he wasn't in for petty theft or drug charges - it had to be something big. He wouldn't be locked in with someone like Chris is it wasn't big.

How the hell did Lydia end up with these guys? It worried him, and at the same time, he couldn't help but feel a little threatened. A lot could happen in two months - a lot did happen on his end. He couldn't help but wonder.

Once everything had settled down, Sullivan was left alone with Tajo. He exhaled deeply, contemplating what was worth sharing, and what he should keep to himself. "She was my girl, before all this. I told you about the shit I was running. With the massive corporations and the computer shit. She was the one who pulled that all off. She's an engineer too, a damn good one."
What's the worst that can happen? Well... decapitation

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 am

What could she offer that would make them trust her? She didn't exactly know so she looked at Tessa,"Name whatever you want, whatever you need, I'll do it,"she nodded firmly, wanting to prove that she was indeed worth trusting. As Lydia spoke up about Sullivan, AJ's gaze shifted towards the woman, a look crossed her face but vanished just as quick as it came, not wanting to give any of her own body language away. But AJ was in fact - surprised by this, Sullivan has a girlfriend? Had? She didn't know but knowing the woman Sullivan probably lived for, was standing right in front of her broke something inside AJ.

Clearing her throat a little, she nodded at Lydia, her own smile came her face,"Than I shall get you two... Together. Just give me some time, okay? Sullivan is probably with Tajo.."she trailed off, not wanting to give too much away about Sullivan's part here, that was something they needed to discuss, and as much as AJ didn't want to put the man she was seeing, and the woman he had been seeing back in a room together, she knew this was her only way. If Sullivan wanted her back anyways, who was Alexa to stand in the way? She was just another woman around here after all,"I will just say.. be careful, Sullivan didn't just earn his respect around here outta nothing,"she added before stepping back, she looked over to where the other two women had went, understanding their choice of not trusting her, as she looked back at Tessa, Calli, and Lydia though, she had a feeling she could win three out of five over, and that was a good start to her,"I'll do that, for Lydia, I'll talk with Sullivan, when that's done I'll come back for you, but we have to be quick, if anyone notices they might get suspicious.."

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 am

Misty tilted her head as Ryder came and sat by the fire. She didn’t look at him or spoke, she kept her gazed on the rabbit, and flipped it as it cooked. She still didn’t look at him as he spoke. Wonder who died. And at the mention of Tajo, her eyes snapped towards him, as if he had spoken the name of the devil himself, which in fact he did. “Shit! Out of all people, it had to be Tajo. The smaller and big guy must be Reznik and Jax. There is no one else that fits that description, especially if what I know about him still applies” She had heard about Tajo, everyone in the business had. “He was the incarnation of the devil himself,” had said her father. He was known for his twisted personality, and now that there was no laws or police, he was free to do whatever he wanted. She closed her eyes to get her breathing back into control and went back to the rabbit. Now is not the time to lose my head. As he spoke the last sentence, she paused what she was doing, Vent, that is something I have not done in a long time not after… She set the rabbit down and turned to him. “Vent about what?! About how I failed my group? About how two people are dead? About how I made a promise and broke it?! About even though I met you less than 24 hours ago, I have spoken to you more than I have my own group, who I have spent weeks with?!” She took a breath. She was not used to talking this much. “I never spoke to my group unless it has absolutely necessary, and even then they were phrases. If only I have spoken up sooner, convince them to come to the base none of this would have happened. They wouldn’t have met Tajo. No one would have died!” She could feel her fingernails dig into her palms, and that is what brought her back. She settled her view on the fire again.

A few minutes passed, and she spoke softly, “We were in Colorado when the bombs were dropped. My parents didn’t want to risk the trip back to Arizona, so we stayed there. After the news that the other coast was gone, we took the equipment, and raided some stores for supplies we traveled for a while moved from place to place. Eventually, we settled in a motel for a while, but we were ambushed. A group of about 5 men surrounded us. They beat my parents, made me watch. I don’t know how, my mom got a hold of a gun, and shot a guy. Told me to run, and I did. I ran towards the car. I grabbed the keys and turned it on. The last I saw of my parents was them falling to the floor dead. I drove away then. After a few days, Jamie found me and I joined her group. I promised myself I wouldn’t run from them. That I would do for them what I was a coward to do for my parents. And now I failed.” She brought her knees up to her chest trying to gain back some of her composture and warmed as she grew quiet.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 am

Reznik nodded and filed out of the room with Jax. Question being for him now, did they have free access? He hoped so, that meant he could check on everyone else from their group, and it would help calm his own nerves.

Jax’s question however snapped him back to reality. Grim faced he just nodded some. He tried keeping it a secrete as best he could, but now that t was out in the open, Reznik decided Jax deserved the truth.

“Got into a fight. Group of guys were trying to rape this college girl. Me being who I am, I rushed in there and played hero. Kicked their asses and she got away unharmed.” He looked down a bit as he prepared for the rest of it.

“The same group caught up with me a couple weeks after that. I didn’t know they were big timers in the city. They pinned me down, stole my knife and stabbed one of their own right in front of me, killed the guy.” He sighed some. He could still see the pain and terror on that mans face.

“I was tossed away for a murder I didn’t commit. The judge was bought off, same with the jury.” He stopped then looked over at Jax, his own face displaying a wide range of emotions, “And it all started because I thought I was doing the right thing...”

—————

Ryder sat there, a little surprised at her outburst, but then closely listened to what she had to say. Slowly he shook his head, stood, then sat down next to her, hands in his lap as he stared at the fire. “I’m sorry Misty, I really am....” What surprised Ryder the most about all of this was his own story. He dreaded sharing it, but knew he had to.

“There was a girl I was dating, engaged to actually. She stood by me, even with all the military bullshit she stood by me.” He looked down a bit, the pain still fresh in his memory.

“Well, I thought she stood by me. One day on assignment I got one of those bullshit ‘dear John ‘ letters.” He smirked a bit, his own way of biting back his emotions. The girls face was still fresh in his mind, and it was a memory that he wished he could just forget.

“She got back with a highschool buddy of hers months before she sent the letter. I got that letter a week from our wedding date.” He looked down for a few moments, before looking back at her. “You asked me why I was doing what I was doing. Honestly Misty, I don’t know.” Sighing he looked back at the ground.

“And you didn’t fail them. If anything your in a much better position to help them here than being in there with them.” He finally leveled his eyes on her. “And now you’ve got me. Look things happen for a reason, at least I believe. What you may see as a break in your promise, may actually lead you to keeping your promise after all.”