The New World: Deadlands

Gecko
Silver

Re: The New World: Deadlands

Post by Gecko » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:29 am

Addison kept a stony glare at the woman who approached them, but didn't say anything in fear of ruining something else for someone in the group. The woman went on to explain that she as well as many of the other women wanted to break out of Tajo's community. She had flashed her FBI badge as a sign of trust, and it was something that Addison wouldn't trust so easily. Her eyes darted to Lydia as she asked some questions before shaking her head.

"No, I don't like this," Addison muttered to the others. "How do we know she didn't just pull that off of some dead agent and call that shit her own? Yeah, she wants to help, but she could just as well stab us in the back when we least expect it."

She crossed her arms and furrowed her brow as she carefully analyzed AJ, seeking out something that would tip her off as being suspicious of something. However, the woman did not give off any sort of immediate visible threat, and so perhaps she would be alright for now. But that was still up for debate in her mind.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 am

Tajo raised a brow at the man, letting out a small scoff. "Their group is maybe Twenty, Thirty max. From what we see dey have many guns. Which is why ten to fifteen of you will go.. armed." Tajo glanced between Reznik and Jaxon. "Some are expected to die. Your job is to keep him alive. His request." Tajo motioned with his head towards Jaxon. "And bring me dat choppa. I expect da lot of you to return. Wit dat choppa, or not at all." He added with a firm tone to his voice. After, he stepped closer to Reznik, examining him. "Give me your name." He commanded, looking the man dead in the eyes.

Jaxon watched silently as the two spoke, habing been previously ordered to remain quiet. His eyes glanced to the door, expecting the likes of the men called Sullivan and Chris to arrive at any moment. Tajo had been clear with his intent to inform the both of them with his presence required.

Truth be told, Jaxon was scared shitless of the whole situation, but not once would he show it. He could feel hos muscles tense everytime Tajo's eyes turned to his beaten and bruised face. Gettin that chopper wouldnt be an easy feat, trusting Tajo's men would be almost impossible.

Jax's eyes shifted Reznik, who was probably.wondering why Jax spexifically asked for him. In all honestt, Reznik was the most useful, especially im a situation such as this. Plus the options werent vey high, and putting his brother in the middle of this was out od the question. So the mission lied on Reznik.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 am

Cassi listened, before nodding at Addi's words,"She's got a point... How do we know we can trust her,"she didn't trust the idea of letting someone from Tajo's side help them, not after Castor's death. AJ however, could still hear them, clearing her throat a little she spoke up again,"I know it must be hard to swallow the idea of trusting someone, especially after yesterday's events, so how about I give you sometime, I know what this might seem like - but it was no coincidence, I wasn't waiting for just your group, I was waiting for a group, you're the first group to show up, to show signs of not backing down from Tajo... Or his men,"she shoved her hands in her pockets,"I'll give you sometime to think about it, but I can help.."she nodded,"whatever you need."

Calli didn't say anything, she wasn't against it, using someone from the other side, however Addi had a point also, how could they know she wouldn't be running off after this to tell Tajo? They couldn't. She wasn't all for risking her or her group's lives.

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 am

Misty walked out of the room and into the forest. I am so pathetic. Crying like this in front of a stranger. She wiped her nose and eyes with her sleeves and looked up into the sky while closing her eyes. Such a beautiful day She took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and kept walking. She heard movement on her right, so she got her knife out and advanced in the direction of the noise. As she got closer, she noticed a rabbit next to a tree. Aiming her knife, she threw it killing the rabbit. This should be enough. Sighing, she tied it to her waist and started to head back.
Once back, she sat a couple yards away from the room and started skinning the animal. Wondering what is going on at the camp. As she skinned the animal, she thought back at the set up of the camp. Women were separated, that much was clear. Guards and patrols were constant. Ugh! She knew Ryder was right. They wouldn’t be able to do anything for a while and that frustrated her to no end. If it weren’t for that fucking helicopter, none of this would have happened! She finished skinning the rabbit and got started in a small fire making sure the smoke was dispersing enough so it was not noticeable from a distance. Placing the rabbit on top of the flames, she stood up and headed for the room. She opened the door. “I caught a rabbit if you want some. It is cooking so you can join me if you want” She walked away leaving the door opened behind her, and sat by the fire watching the rabbit while it cooked.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:36 am

Ryder had spent the whole time watching her, and knew exactly when she was about to step in through the front door. Before she’d even make it back to where he was, he’d flip the sat imagery right back to Tajos base.

He then nodded when she extended the invite to go outside with him. Of course by this time he wasn’t hungry, having had enough time to chow down on his MRE, though he’d still go out there with her. Leaning over he grabbed his rifle and walked upstairs out to where she was.

At first glance he checked to see which way the enemy base was, then sat down knowing the bunker would shield the fire from Tajos view and not give their position away. Ryder stared at the fire for a few before looking over at her.

“Four of your groups men are alive. They pulled two of them, a smaller guy and a bigger guy into a meeting with Tajo himself.” He looked from he flames to her.

“Misty I know you don’t know me from a hole in the ground, but I got an ear to listen if you need to vent or talk.”

————

A pretty good sized force from what Reznik could gather. Now he just needed a plan. His attention however never lost focus on the man now standing before him. He could sense the coiled tension, like a snake ready to leap at its prey. Reznik has zero intention of being the poor bastard to set Tajo off, so he kept his respect towards the man evident, but at the same time, he didn’t cower from the mans gaze either.

“It’s Reznik.” He could see that this was Jax’s doing, having caught the mans look out of He corner of his eye. That made him feel a little bit better, but also knew that Jax had rather slim pickings of who to choose if it was his mission to control.

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Despite being suspicious, Lydia listened to the woman's explanation, and quickly found herself caving. She couldn't help it; that naive, look-for-the-best-in-people nature. Even after all the shit they'd been through in the past 24 hours, that nature still came out to play. However, in situations like these, they had to be absolutely sure. Fortunately for them all, the brunette was willing to do anything.

Lydia sighed heavily, but decided to speak again. "Okay... for starters, would you be able to tell me where I could find a man named Sullivan? Also, I didn't catch your name."

------------

Sullivan didn't like being summoned. It wasn't anything new, he'd hated it all his life - which was why he was always the boss. But now, he found himself in a situation where he was forced to be a little bitch and lie down. Not because he suddenly wanted to, but for survival. He played that role very well though - just like always. The trick was bending the situation to benefit him, while not giving a shit about anyone else. That's why relationships were complicated for him. That's why he kept convincing himself that AJ was just good company. And that's why Lydia's arrival complicated things severely.

He stepped into the room, quickly noticing Tajo (of course), and then two of the newcomers. The latter caused him to metaphorically raise an eyebrow in question. What sort of business did they have with Tajo already? The thought made him defensive, and somewhat threatened. Bringing in two large, capable guys into the picture, it didn't sit well with Sullivan, another large, capable guy.

He remained quiet, close to the wall, not wanting to interrupt Tajo as he spoke and explained the logistics of some sort of mission. A mission he was apparently involved in personally.
What's the worst that can happen? Well... decapitation

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 pm

At the mention of Sullivan's name, a look came over AJ's face, before it quickly disappeared as she nodded slowly,"Yeah, I know where to find him, do.. you know him?" This was her chance, if this woman knew Sullivan, maybe Alexa could get some information on the man, all she knew was he was good between the sheets, and was someone who kept her head on straight, if it wasn't for him - AJ probably would have been dead by now. After losing Kyle, she wanted to try and take down Tajo, but he convinced her not too, that this place was better for her - of course that only gave AJ her own ideas to blend in, go unnoticed until the time was right.

As she looked the woman over she waited for a response, AJ was glad she could help, but dragging Sullivan into this, wasn't the greatest of ideas. Even for her - the man probably wouldn't risk what he had here, this was his home.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:01 pm

"Reznik.." Tajo repeated quietly as he stared down at the man, his size towering over the man in front of him. "Sounds fake.." He added, seemingly unamused by their interaction. His ryes shifted when Sullivan entered the room, the tension breaking as he spoke again. "About goddamn time.. where the hell is Chris?" Tajo asked with irritation in his voice.

He grunted as he stepped away from them, stepping over to a chair on the otherside that faced the doorway. The large man took a seat, letting out a sigh as he gazed between each person in the room. "Sullivan.. you know the specifics already. We finally have our pilot, for dat choppa." Tajo leaned forward slightly, clasping his hands together and placing them between his knees. "Your job is to find a way to get them to the objective as quietly as possible. You and Chris.. if he ever FUCKING SHOWS UP... will take point... on second thought.. no. You will lead this alone.. I have something else for Chris.." His head nodded in Jax's direction "You keep Jaxon alive.. the others.. are there for distraction." His eyes shifted to Reznik. "Him.. have someone keep an eye on him. If he does anything stupid.. leave him behind."

Jaxon leaned forward to protest, but though against it. Quietly he sank back in the chair and listened as Tajo spoke. Jaxon knew that the entire mission relied on him in the end anyway, and he would refuse to leave Reznik behind.. despite their differences.

---
Tessa narrowed her eyes at A.J., a bit surprised that Lydia caved in so quickly. Partly because she trusted the woman's judgement, and she was allowing someone a part of this bullshit imto their circle of trust. "Tessa let out a low noise, almost a growl as her eyes remained on the woman. "Fine.." she spat reluctantly. "But.. bitch.. if you cross us.. i'll rip your fucking throat out myself." The blonde warned, this darker side revelaing itself for the first time.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 am

Chris tossed the bag he'd taken from the dying man in a pile as he neared the main part of the base. He continued past a group of people looking at him oddly, maybe it was the blood on him they were looking at, he wasn't sure really nor did he care as he was putting a plan together in his mind. However, he needed to go and mentally fuck with one of those new people just to get started, and knowing they'd have already split the women from the men he'd make a stop to the women first.

However...

"Chris...God dammit Chris, Tajo wants you now" a lanky white guy with a large scruffy beard says stomping up to him.

Chris turns and looks the man up and down with a look of annoyance as he was spoiling his fun and his plans, "Tell him I have something I need to do" he guys to turn, but the man grabs his shoulder roughly.

"I don't give a shit...you pissed him off now that you went AWOL I'm sure as hell he's gonna through you in the fucking pit with those mutant fucks...either you go now or I'll throw you in the pit myself" the man angrily growls at Chris. In return Chris looks at the man anger boiling in him, but he smirks and calms himself.

"Alright, fuck nut, I'll go see what the voodoo king wants" he chuckles and shoves past the man. He'd have to visit him later. It didn't take long from then to find Tajo's office, and walking inside he was met by a pissed off looking Tajo, Sullivan, and two of the new guys. "Well looks like we're having a nice sausage fest...I'm not into that faggot shit but all for y'all" he laughs lightly as he steps around and sits on the edge of Tajo's desk. "So I was busy, Tajo, what the hell was so important" he ask looking at the older man while rubbing his chin making sure to show the blood that partially covers him.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:54 am

AJ smirked, liking the woman's fire, she nodded in understanding,"I won't even fight you on that,"she said towards Tessa, glad that almost everyone was agreeing to let her help, maybe she was getting out of here after all. As the other agreed however, Cassi wasn't willing to trust anyone, she wanted to put the woman down, she wanted to put them all down like the mutts they were, pushing off the wall she scoffed a little,"Good luck with that - I don't trust murderers,"she muttered before walking away. Calli puffed her cheeks out, before giving the others a small look of apology,"She's... Not using her head, whatever you guys plan I'm in, but I'm with Tessa, cross us even a little and you're done,"she agreed with the woman, she would even hold AJ down for Tessa if need be.

However Calli glanced over to where Cassi sat by a window, one that was covered in bars, probably to keep them inside, she let out a small sigh, first it was Papa, then Mama, then it was Castor - she was afraid Cassi was gonna lose it before they even stepped back out into the real world. And Calli didn't even know how to save her sister from that dark path.