The New World: Deadlands

Reznik
Bronze

Re: The New World: Deadlands

Post by Reznik » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:37 am

Ryder listened to her, and was about to answer her question when she cut him off and stepped out. It was a good question too, one he himself was still having problems trying to sort out. He didn’t know why he was so willing to help her, but he was.

Looking over at the screen, he zoomed the satellite back out and then zoomed in towards the direction she went. In her emotional state she’d be caught off guard easily, so he figured having an eye on her wouldn’t hurt.

Reaching over to his bag, he grabbed out an MRE and started looking the package over. He popped the pouch open, put the heating bag together and put the food and heating pad in and let it sit on the table while he watched the screen.

“I’m just a fool I guess...”

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:47 am

"I won't try anything unless we know what we're doing, I promise," Addison replied to Tessa in a whisper, wary of the other women close by. "It might be kinda hard, but do you think you could seduce him? I don't know how the fuck this stuff works." A watchful eye from her kept track of the other women from the community. If any of them caught wind of retaliation, Addison wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they immediately reported that shit to Tajo. She turned to Lydia as she came up with a plan.

"It's gonna be hard to get to the guys, I think. I doubt those fuckers will let us see them soon. Unless...can your boyfriend help us out? He's bound to be able to do something that'll be a benefit." In the back of her mind, she had taken note of Sullivan's reluctance to be around Lydia, but hopefully it wasn't anything that would severely affect the outcome of whatever the hell they were going to do next.

Patrick's lighthearted smile slowly went away as Lee dismissed the comment and told him to sleep. Though it felt like he had just gotten enough sleep to last a while, he couldn't help but feel grateful for the opportunity for more rest. The boy gave a small nod and slid down into the sleeping bag. "Wake me if you want a chance to sleep, too." He closed his eyes and was asleep within seconds, sleeping as if they weren't currently going through hell.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:59 am

Sitting in the back of one of the jeeps away from the rest of the compound, Chris was silently reading over the journal that had belonged to the psycho chick he'd brought in and was ultimately killed in the pit. It was a shame, he could have used the bitch to further his own cause quiet well, but he did have the notes she'd written about those in her group. A smile played at his lips as he came to the first entry after she had first been infected with the red mark. "Hm" he thought, as the pieces began to come together in his mind. Rage, blacking out, black bile, all were just side effects he figured he could deal with in order to get the primal rage, maybe even be able to walk with the mutant fucks.

"Hey, you gonna just sit there and read or help?" the voice of a rough looking Hispanic man ask passing by carrying what looked to be a heavy bag of supplies.

"I don't know" Chris began looking up and scratching at the scurry beard on his chin and neck, "I thought seeing as you hopped the fence to get here you wouldn't mind carrying a few bags" he smirked at the man.

"The fuck you say, bitch" the man dropped the bag and began to walk over to Chris, "I'm fucking legal you racist prick" he spits out getting in Chris's face.

Chris just grins and slowly slides off the tailgate of the jeep and leans to the side is whisper in the man's ear, "I'd believe you...if it weren't for you looking like any other wetback, Puta" then he pulls back with that sickening grin.

For a moment the two just looked at one another before the Hispanic man shook with anger and punched Chris in the stomach, in return Chris laughed and grabbed at the man's neck and shifted pinning him to the side of another jeep. The Hispanic man struggled for a moment before reaching up and punching Chris in the face, once, twice, three times before Chris let go and backed away. However as Chris laughed again the man came up and punched him again, but Chris looked at the man with the grin and pulled something from his side. He cackled like a mad man as he plunged a knife into the Hispanic man and twisting it before pulling out and repeating. He continued this for a total of 8 times before letting the man drop.

As the man lay on the ground clenching at his wounds Chris chuckles as he squats down looking the man over, "Don't worry there, chico, you'll have a nice little fiesta in hell" he nods and uses the clearer part of the man's shirt to clean off his knife before he stands. Putting the knife back in it's place he walks over and grabs the bag the man had been carrying and the journal and proceeds to walk away leaving the man to bleed out, all the while whistling the tone Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Calli saw the girls huddled together, speaking in a hushed tones she could only make out words so slowly she inched towards them with Cassi in tow. However, before either woman could ask what was being discussed a pretty brunette had seemed to approach the small group of girls,"We have company.."Cassi said lowly as she watched the woman come closer.

Alexa didn't have a plan really, but she did have something that gained most people's trust, as she walked closer she looked from each face, knowing that it wouldn't be easy at first, as she got closer she caught the end of the conversation, being good at reading lips came with perks,"Planning something?"she asked a she stopped in front of the group of the woman.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Tessa nodded at Lydia's idea. Getting the radio back, they could contsct Misty. If whe was stil alive herself. But if one of then go close enough.. maybe they could kill the boss man himself.

Their conversation was cut short when one of the slaves of the compound approached them. Tessa's eyes shifted from each of the girls in her groul before turning back to AJ. "What do you want?" She growled at the woman, bypassing her question all together.

--
Lee opted to stay awake, not that he had much of s choice. It wasnt like he could sleep if he wanted to. His eyes were busy watching everyone that made a move, staying alert and aware of his surroundings. His thiughts remained on Cassi, wondering how she was holding up, if she was alright. Lee promised her he would find a way to get out of here, and over the next few days that would be his top priority.

---

"Hey new blood!" One of the men called out, one that theyd seen before taking direct orders from Tajo. The large man approached Reznik as he called out again "The boss wants to speak with you newbie, so get off your ass and come with me. And hurry up!" The man commanded as he tossed his lit cigarette at Reznik before turning away, leading him to Tajo's quarters.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 pm

He heard he foot steps before the voice boomed out. Reznik slowly looked up at the man as he spoke. He seemed to be trying hard to be intimidating, but Reznik had found the loud ones typically were all bark with no bite. This one however did seem like his own breed of asshole it had seemed.

Raising his hand, he casually swatted the cigarette out of the air like an annoying fly while moving to stand. Then quietly he followed the larger man to where ever Tajo was.

A few thoughts seemed to be at the forefront of his mind, wondering what this man wanted with him of all people for one, second he wanted to know how the rest of his people were doing. Then he was thinking of Misty, hoping she had the sense to stay well far and clear from this place.

He waited for the brute to open the door and followed him in. Reznik stood there silently, eyeing Tajo’s back as he stood there quietly with his hands clasped behind his back. Reznik had already long decided to just go with the flow of things for now.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Jax's eyes turnes towarda the door as it opened, keeping the same calm expression he had before as Reznik entered the room. Jax sat in a chair near the far window of the room, remaining silent as Tajo turned to speak wirh Reznik.

"There's been a small change." The large leader spoke as he turned around look at Reznik. "The opportunity for you to prove yourself to me will come much sooner than expected." Tajo kept his hands clasped behind his back as he stepped around only a few feet away from Reznik.

"You see, we've caught wind of anotha group, fairly large in size. Not too far from here, maybe 30 miles. From what we know, they could be ex-military." Tajo glanced over to jax before looking back at Reznik. "Dey have a helicopter." He spoke spoke slowly putting an emphasis on the last word. "And i want it. Sure we have planes. But a choppa? Would make moving supplies dat much easier. On top of dat, would increase our scouting distance, no?" Tajo explained as he loooed over Reznik's face. "You're wondering what Dis has to do wit you, yes? You'll be accompanying your pilot friend here, along with Two of my best men (Sullivan and Chris) .. and some disposables. Your goal is to bring me dat bird. At whatever cost. Of course you will have a week to rest and prepare yourself. You sorry sons of bitches cant do.shit now." He ended with a small chuckle as looked between the teo of them. "So, you up for it?" He aked the ex-con, even though he really didnt have a choice.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:41 pm

AJ knew that question was coming, and she was fully prepared,"I want to help... Like you guys, many of us women don't want to be here, including myself, I can help you guys get out of here or take down Tajo, I too had to watch someone I cared about die in the pit..."she said softly before adding,"and before you ask why you should trust me, because I'm not like the rest of them here, I'm no criminal,"she pulled out her badge from her pocket,"before all this started I worked for the FBI - now I'm just trying to survive this place... Waiting for my chance to end Tajo..."she wasn't sure if this group was even willing to step out of line, but she figured if they were planning something she could be of assistance.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Reznik was a little surprised to see Jax in the room, but he kept that surprise well hidden. His eyes however stayed focused on Tajo, his eyes remaining locked on his the whole time he spoke.

He had wondered where that helicopter had gone, though the fact that worried him was they had a small man team going into unknown terriftory, against an unknown number of men. These would be things that would need to be rectified. Though he’d do that on his own.

“No problem at all. Any ideas as to how well armed this group is? And any idea on their exact numbers?” He knew that he ranked low on the social food chain, but he couldn’t help it, he didn’t want his team to be walking into a trap, if he was gonna play, he was gonna play to win.

“Only reason I ask, is I want the greatest chance for success.” He kept his tone respectful of course, and he only hoped that Tajo would be receptive to that.

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Lydia thought about the possibility of asking for Sullivan's help, but as he had told her, it was complicated. "I have to talk to him," she whispered back to Addison with a shrug, only to be warned of an incoming, unknown presence. Her gaze locked with this new brunette woman, who was offering to help, and who also happened to have a flashy former-FBI badge. Lydia suddenly felt on edge by the woman's eagerness to help. Perhaps she really was interested in helping, but it wouldn't be surprising if they were actually being tested.
After all, the women of her group hardly had time to breathe, and already, this woman was upon them.

Lydia shot Tessa a weary look, before speaking. "So you're waiting for the right moment? And that coincidently involves us?"
What's the worst that can happen? Well... decapitation