The Devil's Daughter

Monika
Casual Mod

The Devil's Daughter

Post by Monika » Sun May 27, 2018 7:01 pm

The land of Orandel was once peaceful. It had it's troubles, sure, but not to the extent it made the people miserable as a whole. The king, Miden Ludwik, was a mediocre king. While he dealt with the matters of diplomacy and other kingdoms, he didn't really ever try to make his kingdom better. It was fine the way it was, so why change it? The king had a daughter, who was rarely scolded by her father. She received whatever she wanted, when she wanted it. And if she had to be mean and nasty about it to the servants, she would. One time, she told her father she wanted one of them dead, and her father told her that if she killed those who were loyal and following her orders, that others would be afraid to be loyal. They would have no reason to serve.

When the princess reached her teen years, she was far more of a terror. She demanded everything, and wouldn't do anything for herself. if she didn't get it, she would pitch a fit until she did. And then her father died of an unknown illness. She was crowned queen at the age of 14.

Now she had her entire kingdom to serve her. Those who served her well were highly rewarded, while those who refused or didn't, were punished. She was quickly nicknamed as 'The Devil's Daughter' due to how cruel she could be for her age.

Your role in all of this?

Serve the Queen.

I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: The Devil's Daughter

Post by Monika » Sun May 27, 2018 7:16 pm

The castle was quiet as the sun rose. People started about their day, some having already been up far longer than others. Everything was peaceful and serene. Like always.

Like always?

More like Never.

Like Clockwork, a loud voice nearly echoed throughout the castle, "I'm ready for my breakfast!" the queen shouted from her bedroom, sitting upright in her bed and yawning lightly. Despite her boisterous tone, and demanding attitude, she treated her loyal servants fairly. As her father once said, Happy servants are loyal servants. Treat them right and they'll never leave you. Or it was something like that. Either way, whenever they faced her wrath, she always tried to make up for it. Of course, the gifts she would give them she would almost always have them fetch for themselves, or have another fetch for her.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Lynnette was already up, of course, when the princess' shouting rang out through the halls of the castle from her bedroom. Breakfast time, as usual, and it would he her job to oversee that the kitchen staff were ready with the food, that she could bring it to the princess. Moving to the front room of the princess' suites, she opened the doors to find other servants with trays of food to be brought to the princess. "Excellent, I'll take it from here, thank you." The handmaiden said before removing the trays from the care of the kitchen staff and shutting the door firmly behind them.

Moving the food to a side table, she lifted the tops off of them, smelling the dishes to be sure that there was no telltale scent of poison in the food or drink. Once she was personally sure that they were safe, she recovered the dishes and carried them into the bedchambers. "Your breakfast, my Lady." she said, curtsying as best she could with her hands full before setting the trays before the waiting monarch and stepping back out of the way, removing the lids as she went.

Somebody stop this.
Happiness isn't around the corner...its in the corner

Mersues

Post by Mersues » Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Titus yawned and rolled his arm, it had been a long, boring watch since midnight. Other than the odd bark of a dog, or babble of a drunkard (of whom he was quite envious), nothing out of the ordinary had happened that night. Or any night, as far as Titus could remember, for a few months since that street brawl outside the tavern. Titus chucked at the memory.

As the sun spilled over the dense woodland east of Orandel signalling the end of the second night watch, he hefted his shield and spear and made for the barracks, to catch an hour's sleep or so before training the next day. The previous music of the morning songbirds were now overcome with the shouts and bustling echoing from the back rooms of the castle, no doubt the queen's many servants were hurrying to meet her every need, as was the norm. He hoped that once they were done serving the royalty, there would be a decent meal left for him.

He was hungry and tired. As was the norm. He cast his mind back to the battles he fought in his youth with longing.

Much better to have a roof over my head, and not be hunted down every waking minute

jehan

Post by jehan » Sun May 27, 2018 9:00 pm

The early morning heralded Patroklos' arrival back into the city. He'd been out delivering a message for one of the members of the court - it hadn't been a long journey, but one that was far enough to warrant stopping overnight outside of the city, and now he was very relieved to finally be returning home. No doubt, he'd be setting off on another journey within the next few days, so he was eager to make the most of this time he had within the city walls.
At the sight of Patroklos riding in on Leif, the guards on the gates let him in without much more than a brief exchange of pleasantries; it was hardly a surprise to see Patroklos hurrying in and out of the city at all hours, and he was a familiar enough face to be allowed through without too many questions. Honestly, if he ever got bored of his job, he'd be a pretty effective smuggler. Not that Patroklos had any intention of jeopardising his job anytime soon.

He'd been given a gift and message to return from the recipient he'd originally delivered the message to, and that meant returning to the court member he'd been hired by in the first place. Right now, all he wanted to do was sleep, but finishing up the job was more important, and he could sleep as long as he wanted after that - until he was summoned for some other task, of course.
The sound of the queen's call for her servants was no surprise, and Patroklos didn't really react to it, just returning Leif to his stable and ensuring he was settled in comfortably before taking off on foot to his destination, crossing the courtyard before the castle.

Jhibus
Bronze

Post by Jhibus » Mon May 28, 2018 10:27 am

Corvo stifled a yawn as he bit into a small loaf of bread. He had awoken before dawn and had started his morning ritual to get prepared for the day. After scrubbing his body with a wet rag in the small public bath chamber next to his living quarters, he donned his armour on and went back into the barracks. Right now he was trying to eat a filling meal to prepare for his hours-long guard shift ahead, chowing down on bread he had left in his drawer the night before. His brow furrowed as he swore he heard the Queen's voice echo throughout the castle. Surely it was not that close to sunrise yet?

Corvo took a sip of water from his flask, then glanced around the barracks. He almost spit out his water as he saw his fellow guardsman, Titus, enter the room. If he recalled correctly, Titus had been part of the midnight shift. Guards were trained to never go back to the barracks unless there was an emergency, or if you had simply completed your shift. Titus did not seem to be moving with any measure of alertness or speed, which probably meant he had come back from the night watch... and Corvo had been assigned the morning shift... and guards were strictly instructed to always be quick when taking over a shift, leaving naught more than one minute between one guard's watch and the next...

Scarfing down his loaf and barely managing to avoid choking, Corvo haphazardly strapped his shield onto his arm and snatched his spear from the weapon rack. He gave a muffled greeting to Titus as he dashed to the exit of the barracks, all the whilst trying to swallow the bread in his mouth. Sprinting as fast as he could in his clanking armour, he sped off to his guard post and hoped he wouldn't be reprimanded.
Last edited by Jhibus on Wed May 30, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:33 am

Though the day had only just begun Richard was already in his study, well into one of his many books. He often found himself here when not at the queens side, seeking answers and advice from historical texts or an escape with well crafted fictions. The current book was one of the latter, an interesting tale of a pirates rise to infamy given to him by the queen not long ago. Almost as though by fate Richard turned to start a new chapter and just as he finished its first sentence he heard the queens call echo through the castle. The time for leisure had ended, and a new day of work had begun.

Quickly Richard marked the page in his book before making his way into the halls. The queen would soon be finished eating and when she was prepared for the day she would find Richard awaiting her, as always.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:05 am

The queen surveyed her food, giggling in delight and smiling happily. "It smells so wonderful as always!" she exclaimed, her hands clapped together. She began to eat quickly, yet properly. She was a proper lady, after all. "So What is on the agenda for today?" she asked her handmaiden between bites. She was already thinking, though, of what she wanted to do that day. Or rather, what she wanted. She knew that there was a new merchant in town that was supposed to have the prettiest jewelry. She would have to send for the merchant.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:59 am

Despite the fact that the Queen had just woken up, Max had already been awake since before sunrise. He had been engaged in a spar with a few of the personal guard just to keep their skills sharp. Of course this left him a sweaty mess by now, his hair matted to the top of his head as he unceremoniously ran down the hallway and gave Richard a soft slap on the back before slowing to a walk next to him.

"Good Morning Richard!" Max said with a smile and a bit loudly in the hallway. Like always Max was a bundle of energy and a bit boisterous for this early in the morning.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 am

Zebulon Kalmin Appouss-Ludwik, though very few knew the truth of his parentage or his last name, had been summoned to the castle of the Royal Family of Orandel by the current Queen who was also unaware of who he truly was. He wasn't sure what she could want from him or why she would feel it was necessary to call him from almost clear across the country just to see her, but then again the Queen cared very little for anything that didn't completely center around her getting her way on what she wanted. For someone who was supposed to be a young eighteen year old lady as well as a ruler of a country she certainly any acted like a childish brat.

As Zebulon thought of this fact he began to think of the countries steady decline since she had taken over rule of the Kingdom and he couldn't help but let a long sigh slip out of him. Once he was done he glanced at the young woman who sat across from him. She was to be introduced to any who saw her as his personal maid, but the truth was far from that. He once more considered what would happen if someone was to remove her veil by chance while they were at the palace and felt a jolt of fear run through him. He then leaned closer to her and asked "Are you sure this was the best idea? I mean, we don't know why I've been called, or how long I'm supposed to be here. I don't like putting you in risks way at all. But this situation seems particularly precarious since we have so little information."

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl