Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

EyesOfIce

Re: Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 am

Bethany watched as the whole crowd went nuts. Everyone gathered around the winner. It was sorta crazy. What did they think this was? The Voice? She chuckled to herself and shook her head. She watched a bit as the crowd seemed to get a little overwhelming. She felt kinda bad, and when she saw the girl manage to sneak away, she saw it as her chance for an introduction.

Beth followed the girl out to the beach and watched as she sat herself down. She looked overhead at the stars for a moment, taking in a breath before approaching the girl. “Well... that was a little crazy back there wasn’t it? You okay?” She asked as she found herself sitting next to the girl.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 26, 2018 1:59 am

Ember had seemed to loose herself in thought so much so that she jumped a little at a voice behind her. When she turned she was met by a very beautiful blond girl that looked to maybe be around her age, she was a little confused by the other girl but she figured that it was another fan. "Naw surprisingly I'm kinda used to it, not to that extreme but still" she nods and turns back to the ocean, "so I'm guessing you want a picture or something" she ask watching the other girl take a seat in the next chair.

In the moon light it was a little hard to see, but she could tell that the girl held an air of arrogance about her or at the very least she seemed to hold herself in a high standards. Maybe this girl was used to attention like what Ember just had, it seemed she would. "Sorry if I judged or anything...name's Ember Makota" she gives the other a nod and smile.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 am

Beth chuckled when the girl asked if she wanted a picture or something and then apologized. “Maybe I’ll get that picture from you later... it’ll be useful when you become a star.” She winked. When the girl gave her name Beth quietly repeated it to herself, before turning to face the girl. “I’m Bethany McDonald.” She then returned while turning to look at the starry sky and the ocean that seemed to reflect it.

“You were really good tonight.” She said softly, pressing her fingertips together and kicking a bit of sand up. “Any how, I thought you might want a little company that wasn’t so overbearing.” She said slowly. “And I needed a little fresh air anyways... all the alcohol breath was making me feel cramped.” She stated, sitting back in the chair and crossing her legs. “So what, you take lessons or something, or are you a natural talent?” She questioned, twirling the ends of her hair with a finger before flipping the stands over her shoulder.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 26, 2018 3:55 am

"McDonald...any relation?" She chuckles a little at the lame joke glad she said it under her breathe, as it seemed the girl didn't notice. She watched her a little curious as she kicked up a little sand, "and thanks yeah honestly I went up to just have fun, but, I don't know I get up on the stage I just get into it and go full force. It's always just come natural to me in honesty, since I was little I loved to sing and my parents would introduce me to different styles and well I love everything punk rock and 80's rock" she nods looking down at her appearance. "I mean if you couldn't tell with the Mick Jagger look" she nods with a smirk.

"And I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself it's always nice to hear a beautiful person such as yourself say that" she says softly and leans back laying out on the chair, crossing her legs and folding her hands over her stomach as she does. "In truth it was a little over whelming in there, I mean I'm used to getting praised, but that's by family and friends back at school...not a bunch of drunk college kids and adults" she shrugs looking up to the sky. Something about tonight felt like it was not really over to her and she figured that with the introduction of Beth that it was going to be a long, yet fun night.

"So what brings you to this resort? Sorry but I figured that you want to play 21 questions" she grins glancing over to Beth.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat May 26, 2018 4:41 am

Bethany found herself chuckling at the girls words once again. She was definitely something, wasn’t she. She eyed Ember while she repositioned herself and then smirked when she mentioned twenty questions. “Well...” She began slowly. She wasn’t entirely sure whether or not she actually wanted to tell her. Everyone she met always changed when they found out that she came from serious money. She sat still for another second. She wanted just one fun normal night, where she wasn’t the daughter of a millionaire and she didn’t have any expectations to hold up.

“Just a family vacation... we’ve never been here before.” Which wasn’t a lie, it just wasn’t the entire truth. But it’s not like it would matter that much anyways. “My older brothers, my parents, me. The whole sha-bang.” She said as she waved her hand flippantly. “But they’re boring anyways... I’ve been around... trying to have a good time.” She added in. “That’s why I was at the karaoke bar. Never in a million years would I do that though.” She said as she raised her brows and shook her head.

After another moment of silence and listening to the soft waves wash up onto the beach shore, Beth tilted her expression back over to Ember. “So what about you? What brought a hard-core rock machine like yourself to forty-year-old-woman-paradise?” She questioned back.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 26, 2018 5:15 am

"The same really...well it's a surprise really because my dad normally can't afford something like this, but with a bonus he got along with an advance on my step-mom's new book we could afford this place" she says looking over to the other girl, "I'm an open book...I find it stupid to keep things in so if anyone asks me a question I just tell them the truth...most of the time the full truth" she nods before looking back to the sky. "It's been pretty cool though to be here, I have a little sister myself...also an older brother but he's busy at med school so yeah" she shrugs with a small chuckle before turning over on her side and propping herself up on one elbow.

"You know there's no reason to be nervous to try something, life is short, live it while ya can..." a thought crosses her mind and she grins a little before continuing, "I bet you by the end of the night I'll get you to sing...either in front of me or others, but let's save that for later". Bringing her free hand up and running it through her hair she thinks of a question to ask that wouldn't be to dumb, but after nearly a full minute she shrugs and ask something lame. "Cats or Dogs?" she asks looking to meet eyes with the other.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat May 26, 2018 3:26 pm

“I guess that’s fair enough.” Bethany replied. Then when Embed mentioned something about her getting Beth to sing, she smirked. “Well, we’ll see about that.” She gave Ember a half smile, and turned on her side so that she was completely facing the other girl now.

“Hmm.” Beth hummed softly while tapping her finger on her chin. “Well, I like the confidence and mysteriousness of cats... however the loyalty and devotion of a dog to its owner is also quite endearing... I’d say I’m more of a dog person who also enjoys cats? Maybe I’m a fish kinda gal.” She then laughed and shrugged.

“I have a good one.” Beth then smiled sitting up. “I’m guessing you’re around my age, but how old are you exactly?” She questioned, tilting her head and raising her eyebrows a bit.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun May 27, 2018 12:35 am

"A fish kinda of girl...I guess that's a good thing, I personally like cats though" she grins and when Beth asked about her age she raised a brow, "wanting to make sure I'm legal or not? I think that's a bit forward" she laughs lightly. She moves to sit up before answering, "I'm 17...turning 18 in November and yes that makes me a Scorpio" she says as a matter of fact. She was beginning to have fun in all honesty as she began to think of a question she stood looking down to Beth, "walk?" she asks offering her hand to the other girl.

"And no that's not my question, no my question is what's your sign?" she nods, it seemed to be a safe question and besides there was no need to ask hard hitting questions this early in the game. That was for later, she thought.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 am

Bethany nodded when Ember stated her preference. “I kinda guessed that. You have the same vibe that they do. You’re like a black cat.” She shrugged a bit, before taking Embers hand and standing beside her. “A walk sounds good.” She nodded.

As the two slowly made their way down the beach, Beth continued to shovel sand up with her feet, and then dump it over to the side. She always did enjoy the feeling of it. “Well, I’m a Capricorn. December 30th... I’m also 17.” She elaborated as she made a few gestures with her hands. “Okay... my turn again... hmm...” she said as she lightly tapped her chin.

Occasionally as they walked, Bethany would take a glance at Ember. The way her hair and skin seemed to glow in the pale moonlight fascinated her. There wasn’t a single cloud in the sky, so the moon and stars seemed to complement the dark contrast quite nicely. She didn’t know if their surrounding settings had anything to do with it, but Ember was a perfect example of beauty with an edge.

“Okay... favorite book... and why, if that doesn’t count as two.” Bethany finally stated as she tucked both of her hands into the pockets of her shorts.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun May 27, 2018 3:18 am

At the acceptance of the walk from Beth, Ember gave a small grin and walked along the dark beach looking around at all the families and other people out with nets and buckets. Catching crabs, she thought, as she listened to Beth saying that she was like a black cat. Oddly enough she could agree with it for the most part, but in her mind a black cat is normally known to be wicked and isn't wanted by most people. She on the other hand is just chill with everything to care about what others think, if it's not family or friends then she doesn't really care.

"Capricorn, nice so I guess that means I can call you, kiddo, for the rest of the night" she jokes bumping into Beth playfully, but looking down she was curious as to why the other girl was shoveling the sand with each step but she decided not to ask yet. The next question actually stumped her a little as she wasn't much a fan of reading, she did read but it would mainly be because she had to read something for school. Walking in silence with nothing but the sound of the waves hitting the shore bringing sound to the world she thought a good bit about the question.

Finally, she managed to come up with an answer, though it seemed to be a bit comical to her as she said it aloud. "Well I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to choose...one I like I guess would be Ready Player One...it's a bit on the dorky side but it has to deal with things about the 80's so yeah I'll say that" she nods and slides her hands into her pockets casually.

"So men or women?" she ask absentmindedly as they walked, "and if it seems to personal I'll give you want I think on the subject. The issue of love is a fickle thing that should just be taken with a grain of salt...I mean by that is fuck what others think, you do what you do to be happy" she nods not even looking over, but looking up to the stars as she speaks. "As for my likes...I do find the female form more alluring then the male form, but I don't detest men...so I guess that could make me pansexual if it were to be given a label."