Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

EyesOfIce

Re: Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon May 28, 2018 4:38 am

(Sorry about no post! Will post in the morning!)

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Bethany giggled when Ember playfully nudged her. “If you really want to I guess I’ll let you.” She replies with a smile before shaking her head and laughing again. Once the question was answered Beth smiled again. “That’s cool. I’ve never read it before, but if you like it, it must be a good one.” She nodded a bit. Then when Ember asked her next question, Bethany could feel the heat rising in her cheeks. She looked up to where Ember had turned her head and sighed softly. After listening to her answer, Beth swallowed and began to speak.

“Well, it’s kinda complicated... I’ve always dated guys... always. But, I get complete different feelings... like when I see an attractive guy, I’m like, oh yeah, he’s nice. But when I see a beautiful girl, I’m like, whoa. Not to mention the fact that the only person to make me have butterflies and feel like my stomach is doing somersaults, was a girl.” Bethany explained as she talked a bit with her hands. “It’s just complicated though because... well my family isn’t the most accepting of same sex dating and what not... my brothers were always terrible and my dad... I just don’t know what would happen if I told them that I like girls... they might kick me out.” She then said slowly. Afterwards she sighed and slumped her shoulders a bit.

“Sorry.” Beth then said after a moment. She straightened back up and put on a light smile before turning to ask Ember her next question. “Hmm... whos your biggest inspiration... music-wise. Who do you look up to most for your music?” She questioned.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Mon May 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Slowing a little she felt bad for the girl. How could someone be so hateful or reject someone for being themselves, she'd never had that issue because her dad and Alexia were accepting of everything, well everything but Blue Cheese dressing. Taking a hand out of her pocket and placing it on Beth's shoulder, she gives it a light squeeze and softly gives her a sorry as they continued to walk. Once the other girl looked to smile again and go to think of something to ask Ember kinda knew that it was just a show, a mask that she was wearing just so the world wouldn't see her pain.

"Well I look up to Freddie Mercury for revolutionizing music, also I'm a fan of Kurt Cobain as well as a few others" she nods solemnly before going silent for a few minutes. She spent the time thinking, not of another question but of a reason to give this random girl she just meet a reason to really smile. After a few minutes of thought she comes to a stop and turns to look out at the darkened ocean and sky, "my mom used to tell me a story when I was little...a long time ago there was a brave warrior that could not be killed no matter the odds he would survive. Then one day, as he returned from a another victory he met a maiden. The woman was as beautiful as the sun was bright, however, she wept, wept for the lose of life. The warrior, having fallen for the maiden, tried in vain to bring her to smile. He first brought her flowers, but she wept, then he brought her gold, she wept. He continued to bring her girls but only to be met with the maiden weeping, he finally asked her why she wept. The maiden looked to the warrior and told him that she weeps for his future as he will be forever plagued by those he'd hurt in the next life. The warrior, shocked by this, went to make amends with the fallen that he had caused. Years passed and the warrior, now an old man, returned to the weeping maiden, but he was met by the weeping maiden, now smiling with joy. The joy was, however, for another. The warrior fell to his knees and wept." Ember nodded as she looked to Beth with a half smile.

"The morale of the story, my mom, would tell me is that you shouldn't go back on who you are just to please someone...be who you are and find someone that will care about you for you not about what they think you are" she says softly before stepping over to the other girl and brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "You shouldn't weep because of the past...smile because it's made you who you are" she says softly looking Beth in the eyes, a small smile tugs at the edges of her lips.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Wed May 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Beth listened intently to every word that Ember spoke. She felt her face heat up when the girl brushed away some of her hair. “That’s a good story.” She said softly as she looked into Embers eyes. “Your mother seems like she was a wise woman.” Bethany spoke earnestly. After a moment she returned the girls small but genuine smile, before she looked to the side, once again eyeing the ocean.

“Well...” Beth began after a moment. “I don’t know about you, but I haven’t really eaten much today and could really go for a snack right about now.” She said, before looking back at Ember with a raised eyebrow. “You in?”

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Once Beth gave her a real smile she nodded and accepted the offer to go and grab some food. She wasn't really sure what all was opened at this time of night, but she knew that there were a few fast food places just down the road. She mainly just followed along with Beth not really feeling like saying anything, nor did she feel like she needed to say anything as she felt that she had helped the girl in some way already. However, she did feel something that she couldn't explain, a warm relaxed feeling in her stomach as she walked along with Beth.

Maybe she'd have to ask her dad or Alexia about it later, but then again they did say she was an adult now and well adults do handle there own things, but oh well she shrugs the thought away.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:44 pm

(bump)

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 pm

(bump 2.0)

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:36 am

(Lol XD thanks for bumping it! It got lost in my notifications and blah blah blah! Should have my post up tonight or tomorrow!)

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:29 am

(okay...and sorry no reply until now...got busy cleaning house with the wife.)

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 pm

After the two had gone a bit away from the resort and found a fast food place open, they ate and talked before they decided it would be best if they returned. The walk wasn’t too far, and as they reached the front of the resort Bethany stopped and looked at Ember. “Well... I can’t imagine that you have a curfew, and if you do, it’s undoubtedly been broken.” She stated, looking high up at the hotel before returning her gaze back to the girl. “I had fun though, so hopefully that’s a consolation if you’re about to get chewed out.” She said as she sheepishly rubbed her arm. Then after a moment she smiled softly, “but I had fun, a lot of fun actually... and I was hoping that you might want to like... hang out again?” She said as she raised a brow and looked at the girl.