Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

EyesOfIce

Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

Post by EyesOfIce » Wed May 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Let me know who you would like to post first! :)

CrashJr

Re: Once Upon a Summer (CrashJr.)

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 am

(I'll go if you want I guess I'll start with the family leaving on the vacation)

"Alexia...ALEXIA" the dark haired young Asian girl calls from her room.

"It's mom and yes may I help you, Em?" A tall blood woman with a joy smile pokes her head into the youngers room. Even with the woman being nearly 20 years her senior the older woman looked no older then late 20's.

"I can't find my turn about jacket...the black and checkered patterned one" Ember says with a sigh as she begins to again shove the pile of clothes around on her bed in hopes to spot her favorite jacket.

"It's in the wash room" Alexia gave a nod and smile before heading back to the master bedroom to finish packing for Ember's dad. Ember on the other hand rushed down the hall and past the kitchen to the laundry room and finds the jacket hanging up on a hanger, it looks to have just been washed.

"Cool" she smirks and pulls the jacket on with the pure black side showing. Walking back to her room she finishes up on her bag before sitting down on the bed and texting some of her friends/band members, it sucked that she was going on this vacation while the band had to cancel a few parties to do so but she had long since shrugged away the issue. Now however her other members were going to make up for them by going to the party and playing just the music.

The sound of a horn outside brought her back to reality and she gave a small yawn as she grabbed her bag and headed out to find her dad, a tall Asian man with shaggy brown hair loading the back of their car, from the front she could spot her younger sister bouncing in the seats excitedly. It brought a smirk to the girls face as she walked over and handed her dad her bag. The man took it with a smile and loaded it up before standing up fully, "so you ready for this 9 hour drive" he ask closing the trunk.

"I got music and my phone is charged, you ready for the drive, pops?" she grins.

"As ready as I'm told to be" he chuckles and moves away as Alexia walks outside locking the door behind her, walking over to her he gives her a quick kiss and the two talk as Ember moves around to sit in the back seat making sure to help her sister buckle up before they leave.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Thu May 24, 2018 4:11 am

Bethany awoke to the sound of a gentle knock on her door. With a slight groan, she removed her baby pink eyes mask and sat up, stretching and yawning as the silky material of her bed cover slid off her body. Another knock at the door caused Bethany’s head to turn towards her door. With a scowl and a loud voice she snapped, “what!?”

“Your parents are asking for you to join them for breakfast.” The tired voice of a woman replied. “Then afterwards they said that it would be time for you to leave.”

“Thank you Cheyenne.” Bethany replied in a dismissive tone. If only she could have heard the reply from the housekeeper. After she finished getting dressed, she messes with her hair a little bit, bouncing the perfect platinum blonde curls and then pulling them up into a high ponytail. Then after she was dressed she made her way down to the dining room.

“Oh look who decided to join us!” The familiar voice of one of her older brothers danced across the room. Then a different voice sounded behind her as she was suddenly wrapped up in a hug and lifted off of the ground. “Baby Bethy!”

Bethany’s face instantly went sour and she proceeded to jam her elbow into the stomach of her brother. “Let go of me, you big dumb ape!” She nearly shouted, causing her a look from her father.

“Bethany, that is no way to speak to your brother!” Her mother’s high pitch voice chided as she pointed a finger at her youngest child.

The rest of the meal went about as expected. Small jabs at each other from the siblings and then the parents asking about different life activities. Then, once they were done eating, they finished packing up the few remaining items that had not been shipped off earlier, and made their way to the airfield.

The drive to the airfield was short and soon the family was on their way to the resort. Hours later they landed, got into another fancy-shmancy car, and after another relatively short drive, they had arrived at their destination.

Bethany sighed when she walked through the entrance. To her the place was rather unimpressive, but to any normal, not completely spoiled person it would seem like a dream. But none of the architecture and design was particularly of her interests. The first thing on her mind was to get in one of her cute swimsuits, throw on some shades and hit the poolside with a virgin strawberry daiquiri in her hand. Her father handing her the key to her suite was the thing that pulled her out of her imagination. She went to ask him a question, but before she could even open her mouth, both of her parents had turned their attention to her brothers and were speaking business again. She sighed and tightly gripped the keycard in her hand before turning on her heels and speeding off to find her suite.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 am

Nine hours, that's how long it was, however, to Ember it felt much longer as she sat in the back seat next to her little sister whom proceeded to call out everything that she saw. Although her dad and step-mom drove most of the way she was given the power to drive for an hour or two during the trip. She would have been aloud more time to drive, but her wanting to blast her music forced her parents to stop her and thus she was mainly sitting in the back seat listening to music or watching videos on her phone.

However, the moment they arrived she was actually impressed with the resort. In truth they had never been able to really afford something like this, but with a raise in her dad's pay along with Alexia receiving a nice advance on her next book in a series she was working on they were just able to afford this trip. Pulling up to the check in building she got out of the car and stretched while looking around. The smell of the beach along with the sound of music were the first things to hit her and she looked to tall buildings that made up the resort.

With a smirk she began to walk away from the car and head to were she saw a bunch of people laughing and playing, "Hey I'll be right over there...I got my phone if you need anything" she calls back to Alexia and her dad as they are heading to the check in building.

"Okay, be safe" Alexia called back to her and her dad waved to her as they entered the building with Lena.

Ember followed the music and found the crowd of people, most looked to be of college age, and they were listening to the latest Skillet songs. She bobbed her head a little to the music as she made her way around looking at all the people and the little shop just next to the large pool. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out a few dollars and walked into the small store buying the only thing that she seemed to be able to afford, a can of soda. Everything was way over priced and as she opened her drink she watched as others were able to easily pay of the over priced food and drinks.

She rolled her eyes and walked back outside and looked around a bit more before heading back to the check in build with a slight frown, but she stopped at seeing a sign board of different events happening that week. One event brought back her smirk, a karaoke contest that had a prize of $300 dollars, "well I could have some spending cash then" she shrugs and looks over other events like a family beach party, parasailing lessons, and so on. Making sure to remember the date of the contest and the time she headed back to meet with her parents and little sister.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Thu May 24, 2018 7:09 pm

It didn’t take long for Bethany to change into her pink and white polka dotted bikini and her oversized and bedazzled sunglasses. Her hair was down now, her giant ringlet curls spreading out across her shoulder. She threw on a coverup and grabbed her room key, before slipping on some sandals and making her way down to the large pool.

Beth stopped by the poolside bar to get a virgin strawberry daiquiri, before walking along the side of the pool, looking for a recliner to sit in. Once she did, she set down her drink on the small table and began to remove her coverup, when suddenly a pretty sizable crowd of noisy college kids could be heard approaching. Angrily she turned to say something to the rowdy bunch, when a large male body connected with hers, sending her flying backwards into the pool.

Bethany was submerged in water for a few seconds, before she swam back up to the top. She gasped in shock and felt a rage start to bubble. “Are you kidding me!?” She screeched as she splashed her hands down in the water.

“Whoa chill girl!” The college guy laughed as he watched her splash around. “It was an accident.” He stated with a shrug.

“Don’t tell me to chill you... you... moron!” She retorted with a scoff.

“Whatever, princess.” The guy rolled his eyes before turning back to his friends and making a comment. Before the crowd walked away they all gave her a look.

“I’m going to report you!” Beth yelled after them and she swam to the side of the pool. Her yell earned her a few middle fingers and some laughed from the crowd. She let out a frustrated sigh and pulled herself out of the pool. Now she was soaked and in a foul mood. Granted she was in a swimsuit, but she didn’t bring a towel, since she had expected just to relax.

“What jerks.” She mumbled to herself as she sat on her edge and looked off towards the group again.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Arriving back to the check in building Ember finds her parents looking over the map of the resort. They both seem to be overjoyed about everything, but Alexia seems to be bummed about something.

"Hey so there's a karaoke contest while we're here" Ember gives the rents a grin as she walks up, "everything okay?" she ask raising a brow to the look that Alexia was giving.

"We thought we'd booked a two room suit, but turns out the 'sleeps four' option means that it's a one bed and a couch bed...I wanted you girls to actually feel good while on this trip" she pouts only to be hugged by Ember's dad.

"Hey there, honey bear, we've had worse vacations" the older man chuckles and pulls out a card handing it to Ember. "It's yours, kid, you're 17 now and all so you go and enjoy yourself on this trip...plus it's better you have your own room key just in case" he nods with a smile. Admittedly her dad was a massive dork most of the time, but it was times like this that caused her to think that he was pretty cool when he wanted to be.

With a nod she took the card and stuffed it in her pocket before walking back to the car, "so to the room then, captain?" she jokes giving a small salute to her dad and Alexia.

~~~~~~~~~~Later~~~~~~~~~~~

Nearly an hour later everyone seemed to be unpacked and was getting ready to head to the beach, all but Ember whom dressed in a pair of black swim trunks, a gray Bullet for my Valentine tank top and her hair she just let fall into a shaggy like due that went just past her ears. Putting on a pair of sun glasses she looks herself over in the bathroom mirror and nods, "Man Austin is right I do look like a dude when I'm chill" she laughs a little and steps out into the main room to find that her dad, Alexia, and Lena have already left to the beach.

She on the other hand was heading back to where the party was and listen to music. Pulling on a pair of sandals and grabbing her room key she heads out to the pool. Soon finding herself just on the outside of a crowd of what she was now able to see in a bunch of rich college kids. The music itself had been switched from the nice punk rock to so new rap song, with a roll of her eyes she finds an empty chair.

She begins to look around and admire the life a little, maybe this is what it'd be like for her when she becomes a singer after school, she thought.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Fri May 25, 2018 4:53 pm

(I hope you don’t mind if I skip ahead a little. ;) )

A Few Days Later: Day of the Contest (night time)

Bethany sat on the red leather sofa and sipped her drink. Today her liquid of choice was a Diet Coke, and she wore a pair of short shorts and a black, sparkly tank top. Her makeup was done in a dark, smoky way and her hair was once again pulled back into a long ponytail while the curls of her hair seemed to form together and cascade down her back.

The reason Beth had come to the contest was to watch all of the people who thought that they could sing, make a complete fool of themselves. She never really found herself as much of a singer. Of course people had complemented her voice before and suggested that she give it more of a go, but dancing was more her thing.

She sat with a smug look on her face as the current gentleman on the stage had a major voice crack and missed half of the notes. Sarcastically she clapped for him and laughed to herself when the song was over. “Nice work buddy, you totally nailed it.” She chuckled as he passed by her and went straight to the bar. “God, isn’t there any talent in this place? Or is everyone just a loser?” She questioned as she raised her brow and then proceeded to drink out of her straw.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri May 25, 2018 9:08 pm

(No it's fine really lol)

Ember sat at a table in the dining area of the bar that the contest of was taking place, her parents and sister sat opposite of her eating. Her dad had a wide grin as he listened to the less then talented people singing while Alexia and Lena just enjoyed laughing at the most recent of the performers. True it wasn't good, nor was it really that bad, it just seemed that everyone was having fun and that's one thing that Ember planned to do even if she knew that with the other people that have sang thus far she was going to be a clear winner.

As the most recent of the performers stepped past the table she called out to him, "hey man just a bad night" she nods to the man who just seems to laugh it off, it was clear he was a little tipsy.

"Alright, folks, that was...yeah that was something. But yeah let's hope the next singer is just as entertaining, give it up for..." the hype man on stage had to look down at his hand before calling out her name as if it were hard to remember, "Ember" he says and the crowd begins to clap.

"Good luck, don't worry if you mess up things will be okay, go get em sissy" her families words of encouragement rang out behind her as she made her way to the stage, sure it was a little nerv-racking that she was doing this but it was all for fun and the 300 dollars wasn't that bad either. Stepping on the stage and the light hitting her the crowd could fully see her, she wore her short hair slicked back, her black jacket she had turned inside out to show the black and white checkered pattern and under the jacket she wore a Twisted Sister shirt, she also wore a pain of dark blue skinny jeans that had a few rips and tears that she personally made and to end it off she wore her black boots. To most she looked to have the 1980's British rocker look going on and she loved the fact of this, it made her stand out from the emo looking rock stars of today.

"Hey so, name's Ember, it's great to be here and I'm going to be singing something a little older then what everyone else has done tonight so I hope you all enjoy it." She says with a smile before the smile fades a little and she nods off stage as the song begins. The second the familiar guitar and symbols opening began most of the older people in the crowd began to cheer as she began to sing Another One Bites The Dust by Queen without even needing the screen.

Although she didn't just sing as she began to move around the stage in a somewhat flamboyant way, kind of matching what Freddie Mercury would do on stage.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat May 26, 2018 12:32 am

Bethany sat unamused as the obviously tipsy man sat his drunk ass at the bar. When the announcement of another singer came over the speakers, her attention was pulled away from the fool. As her eyes wandered up to the stage, a different feeling came over her. The girl on the stage carried a confidence about her, and the way she was dressed screamed it. She wasn’t quite sure what it was, but Beth felt an attraction to the girl. She was entranced as the girl spoke and even more so when she started to sing.

After a minute of sitting like this, she realized what she was doing and started to look at her drink in a nonchalant manner. It was a few years ago when Beth first felt attracted to another girl. Her name was Jenny and she was on the middle school volleyball team. She always tried to suppress her feelings for girls, obviously in denial, but also out of fear. Her older brothers had relentlessly picked on known queer kids at the high school, and her family didn’t approve of homosexuality. So instead she dated guys. Many guys. She wanted to see if she could find one that made her feel the same way that some girls made her feel.

Throughout the whole song Bethany hung on to every word, while staring down at her Diet Coke. Occasionally she would glance up at the girl, secretly hoping to make eye contact, but also hoping not to at the same time.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 26, 2018 1:06 am

The feeling of the lights, the flash of a camera phone, the sound of the music blasting with her voice singing over the words of the song, everything felt normal to her and she felt at home on the stage. She stomped her boot on the stage at the right moment, took in breathes at the right moments, even walking to the edge of the stage and high fiving someone felt as if it was at the right moment, she seemed to either have planned everything or was just naturally like it. As the song came to its conclusion she back to center stage and stomped along to the repeating course. "And another one bites the dust..." she let her head fall limply and pants a little as the silence filled the room, but within a few seconds the room filled with applause and chancing a glance up she gave a wide smile.

The hype man came back on the stage with a matching smile and shook her hand giving her words of congrats, but he also told her to go take her seat again so the others could have the stage. She gave the man a nod and headed off the stage giving a few different people high fives and others shook her hand telling her she had talent. Finding her way back to her table her family gave her the normal congrats as they've heard her on stage before with school talent shows and different gigs her band had gotten.

As the night went on a few people came up to get pictures with her while she listened to the other performers sang. Although she wasn't cocky she did have to admit that even she knew that she was going to win, the only other person that would come close was an older man with a bass voice singing an older country song, he wasn't bad to be honest.

Before to-long, however, the contestants were called back to the stage. The hype man, Javier, then went behind each contestant and held a hand over their heads to judge the winner by the sound of the audience. Of course the crowd erupted when he held a hand over her head, and of course without another second he answered her as the winner. The flurry of events after was a little draining on Ember, but she figured that she should get used to it if she wanted to be a singer.

Finally finding a moment she ducks out of the party that seemed to happen after the contest, she lets out a shaky sigh as she begins to walk to the beach. Sitting down on one of the empty beach chair she looks out to the darkened sea trying to figure out where the night sky ends and the sea begins, it felt calm and nice as she just looked out into the night.