Strong Will, Safe Haven

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Strong Will, Safe Haven

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 am

(This is a what-if rp from my own rp "The New World")

The time had come, the sun had finally set leaving one big shadow over the Barracks. A few weeks at this makeshift military compound with these lunatics was beginning to drive Will crazy. Especially that crazy Asian bitch, Ami. It was time to leave though, now that everyone had gone to bed. Will had been trusted with the last watch, volunteering to take it as a part of his plan to leave. Everything was packed in the bed of the truck, a few days food, water, supplies.. medicine. Itd been two days since hia last dose. And Will was definitely itching to take more.

Once the truck was loaded up, Will slinked over to Havens bunk. Hed brought up the idea of going south before, only to fall on deaf ears. No one took him seriously, except for Haven. Although he didnt exactly tell her of his plan to leave, he wanted her to come with him. "Haven, hey.. cmon lets go." Will whispered as he crawled into the bed, shaking her lightly. Hia intentions were tl be as quiet as possible, waking anyone before they left would ruin it. Will figured they wouldnt take kindly to their truck being stolen, or their supplies.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Strong Will, Safe Haven

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 am

Haven had spent the last few weeks helping the others, or sneaking away with William. Two days ago she had gotten him to make a promise to her, one he had kept since but Haven was still keeping her eye on him. Despite her past, Haven had warmed up to Will, in a way that made her care for him deeply.

As she felt someone shake her from her lumber, the familiar voice of Will filled her ears. Her eyes fluttered open, slowly her eyes adjusted so she could make out his face in the dark, as she stared up at him a small confused look crossed her face,"Will? Go..?"

It took her a moment before she realized what he had meant. His plan to head South, he had mentioned it a few weeks ago, as she sat up she rubbed her eyes before throwing the blankets off her,"Alright.. let me get my things.."she whispered before she got up from the bed.

Quietly she gathered what she could before slipping on her shoes, as she turned to look at William she nodded a bit, as if to say 'ready.' As she walked towards the door she looked back at the others sleeping, a small guilty feeling came over her as she looked away.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Re: Strong Will, Safe Haven

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Will took one last look at the rest of them begore leading Haven out of the building. The windshield of the truck reflected some of the moonlight, making it easier for.him to see his way back. Once he made it back to the truck, Will stopped, leaning his forearms against the side of the truck as he let out a few deept breaths. He could feel the withdrawls creeping up in him as his skin began to sweat. With a dhake od his hesd Wills eyes focused from the fround, to haven. "Can you drive? Atleast for now?" He asked her, motioning to the keys on the front seat.

Once she agreed, Will slid into the passengers seat, leaning his head back onto the rest as he closed his eyes for a moment. Lettinf out another deep breath, Will leaned forward and opened the glove box to reveal a map, a glock 9, and a box of matches. Will pulled the map and set it on his lap before glancing at Haven again. "You sure.. you want to do this?"

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 am

As Haven watched Will, she knew the clear signs of withdrawls, not just from being a doctor but also due to her mother. As he asked her to drive, Haven nodded without a word before she climbed inside the driver's side knowing Will was in no condition to drive anyways to argue. As she started to engine up, she glanced in the rearview mirror before Will's voice pulled her attention back to him.

She didn't have to think twice about her answer. By now it was clear that Haven was sticking by his side no matter what, or where they went, the last few weeks she began to realize she cared very deeply for William,"Yes I am more than sure,"she replied before she put the truck into drive. As she drove away from the barracks, Haven just hoped that there was a brighter future out there than what she had seen so far.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sat May 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Wills eyes turned to look at Haven after she responded, a barely visible smile turning on his face. His eyes searched for the girls outline, a sense of admiration creeping up on him. Or maybe it was the shakes. Or the sweats. "To be honest.. i dont really have a thought out plan.." Will admitted as his eyes turned out the window. "But i just.. have this feeling about it, you know what i mean?" Will asked as he slumped back into the seat. "I know everykne else wanted to check that place out.. but, i dont know.. this feels right."

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun May 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Haven nodded slowly, glancing away from the road she looked at Will quickly before looking away,"Yeah I do,"she said softly. Despite what anyone thought of Will, Haven saw something good in him, someone that wanted to fight but needed help. As they drove throughout the night, once in awhile Haven would catch sight of something moving in the dark or she would hear a screetch far off in the distance. She had came used to those sounds, but they still made the hairs on her arms stand up.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon May 21, 2018 6:03 am

A sharp hot seneation rushed to the top of William's throat, his hand quickly rolling the window down. In one motion he leaned out the window, a lurching aound coming from his gut as he vomited onto the passing ground below. William drug he sleeve over his.mouth, clearing his face of any spit. "What a time to get car sick right?" Will sighed as he leaned his head against the window.

A few hours passed the sun peeked over the horizon casting light out into the plains. "Turn here." William pointed , directing Haven with the help of the map. Sure Will wanted to go south, and find help. But first, there was something he wanted to see. "Alright.. i think we can just turn in here.." He pointed to a sign with a small cutoff behind it. The sign read "Parking" with an arrow. A few cars littered the small lot, trees surrounding the rest of the way, woth the large rock formations closeby.

"Theres something i want to show you.. no i'm not going to tell you what it is.. just come on." Once the car came to a stop, Will slid out of the passengers side, closing the door behind him. He felt mucb better now, the withdrawls seeming to pass. Once Haven got out, Will turned towards the trail entrance. The trails had short wooden steps that led up the dry rocky surface along their path. A sign near the entrance hinted at where they were. "Canyon Trails."

"Hurry up, we can catch the sunrise." Will insisted, taking Habens hand in his as they moved uo the trails to the top of the canyon. The sun cast an array of orange and ponk colors across the sky as its light beamed down across the Colorado river. The sight was breathtaking. Wills eyes shifted to look at Haven, a sight equally as breath taking. The moment worth enjoying every second of. "Beautiful.." Will whispered as his eyes lingered on Haven for a moment before gazing over the natural beauty in front of him.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Haven heard Will get sick, without taking her eyes off the road she reached over and gently patted his knee. Once he was done, she retracted her hand back to the steering wheel, she knew it was only matter of time before he had to blow chunks, but she was glad he didn't get inside the car. That would make one hell of a road trip, she thought before she glanced at Will, a small smile tugged at her lips as she looked away,"At least you have good aim."

As Haven turned where Will told her too, her eyebrow raised slightly as she looked around. Seeing the Parking sign, she turned into there before parking the car, as he told her he wanted to show her something, Haven nodded before getting out. As she followed the man, she caught sight of the sign at the entrance before she hurried to catch up with Will.

Haven felt her cheeks heat up slightly as he took her hand,"Okay okay,"she said softly, with a small laugh as she picked up her own pace. Coming to the top of the hill, Haven's breathing almost stopped at the sight. As she stepped closer to look over the valley below and the sky above, Haven heard Will speak, turning her head she caught his gaze for a moment.

But in that moment, Haven got a beautiful sight too, Will with the sunrise behind him, it was a sight Haven didn't ever want to look away from, but eventually she did to look back over at the view that was given to them by nature,"I forgot there is still beauty in this world..."she admitted softly, they both had seen a lot of ugly in the last two months.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

"I didnt.." Will responded as his gaze broke from the mezmerizing view of the canyon below. Will stepped behind Haven as he wrapped his two arms around her waist. "You remind me of the beauty in this world everytime i look at you." He whispered before placing a kiss on the side of her neck. Will wasnt sure if he was being this way because of genuine feeling he was beginning to develop for Haven, or if it had been a while.. Will favored the former, hoping the two of them were around long enough to find out.

Leo would have loved the sight , the mans passions for nature always something Will admired. His hands clutched Havens shirt tightly as the thought of his friend passed through his mind. It was starnge, because in a way.. his friends death helped him find someone who cared. The sorrow of the situation initially bringing the two of them together. The more Will thought about it, the more he wanted to distract himself, push it to the back of his mind and focus on whonwas in front of him.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Haven felt her eyes flutter at the contact, leaning back into Will she let herself relax, Haven herself wasn't sure what she felt for Will. Her whole life before the bombs, Haven didn't let anyone in, sure she had been with guys, but she never felt the way she did with William. Warm and safe, and most of all, happy, despite everything going on around them, she was happy to be here in this moment.

As she felt his grip tighten, she pressed a hand to the one gripping her shirt as she turned her head slightly to look up at him, seeing the pain on his face she knew what he was thinking. But instead of saying anything she looked back out at the view, before she turned herself to face Will. Wrapping her arms around him, she pressed her face into his chest,"I'm happy I followed,"she mumbled softly into him as she closed her eyes, a small smile tugged at her lips,"I have a good feeling about this too..."