An Unlikely Pairing [Aldestion]

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

An Unlikely Pairing [Aldestion]

Post by anotherbabyrose » Sun May 13, 2018 5:09 am

Nadine sat in the Auditorium with the rest of the school, waiting on Headmistress Crow to hurry up and make her "big announcement". The pink haired girl kept fiddling with her skirt, too nervous to sit still. The chatter around her was starting to drive her crazy and for a brief moment, she wished her teleportation worked the other way around so she could teleport out of there and back to the peace and quiet of her dorm.

It wasn't that Nadine didn't want to be there, it was just that having everyone smashed into a room like an Auditorium was just asking for trouble. And the pink haired girl was just really fed up with fights breaking out, especially with the deaths that had been going on. No one knew for sure exactly what was happening, but everyone had a curfew now, and a "buddy system" (no one was allowed to be outside their dorms alone) had been set in place. Just to keep each other safe. But with a school full of untrained kids, who didn't know how to use their abilities and broke out into fights every few seconds, well it wasn't like it worked very well. A total of five students had already died at the hands of the "creatures" students had reported seeing during these attacks. But no one knew where they were coming from or why they were attacking students in the first place. The Alphas had been patrolling the halls at night, but nothing seemed to work, creatures were still attacking students, and students were still dying.

Finally, the big breasted woman walked out, microphone in hand. Headmistress Crow squinted into the crowd for a minute before clearing her throat and planting a fake smile on her face. "Welcome, students! Thank you all for waiting so patiently. I'm Headmistress Crow, as you all know. I've called this assembly today because I've had some.. concerns." Walking to the right of the stage, the Omega side, she focused her steely gaze on the rowdy crowd of students who immediately shut up. "It's come to my attention that not all Omega's are meeting the standards that have been set by the school board. It is to say, some of you are just too plain dumb. I don't understand how mastering your own abilities is so difficult but apparently, it is. So here I come, wonderful Headmistress Crow, to the rescue once again." Giving a little sigh, the woman shook her head slightly, pointing a thin finger in Nadine's direction. "For the next week, three Alpha's will be paired up with three Omega's. As a little experiment before I decide to go forward with this project. These Alpha's will work privately with their Omega's, the minimum 40 hours the entire week, in hopes that these green knuckleheads will learn something. Got it? Good. Now on with the list." Producing a small piece of paper from her pocket, Headmistress Crow cleared her throat again. "Nadine Mathews. You will be paired up with Jameson Kuri. You will work with him, eat with him, sleep with him for all care. Just get his grades up. Yes?"

Swallowing, Nadine nodded vigorously, ignoring the snickers from her peers. Everyone knew that she despised the Omegas. Even now as Dorm Leader, her duty being that she had to help them, she hated having to deal with them. She could feel her stomach dropping, and for a minute she wanted to jump up and run out of the building. Who the hell was Jameson Kuri, anyway? Nadine raked her brain, trying to remember a face as the Headmistress went on to read more names.

After several more minutes, the assembly was over and everyone had shuffled out. Nadine stood back, watching everyone leave. She just couldn't believe her luck. A whole week. A whole week of a wimpy little Omega following her around. How was she supposed to teach? Shaking her head, the pink haired girl headed over to the Omega's who, being the farthest from the door, still hadn't left. "Does anyone know Jameson Kuri?"
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Aldestion

Re: An Unlikely Pairing [Aldestion]

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 am

Jamie was barely listening to the headmistress, her voice always seeming to grate on his nerves and piss him off. That is until he heard his name called on the list, snapping him out of his daydream, his purple eyes focusing on the stage she stood on as he realized that he was going to suddenly have a roommate, an Alpha girl would be following him around and probably just pissing him off for the next week. He knew he couldn't control his powers, and he was fairly certain that he would never be able to. But whatever, he'd just have to get through it. Though if there was an upside....the girl at least seemed to be fairly attractive, and that pink hair made her stand out in a crowd.

Standing up as he heard her speak, he rolled his eyes as she asked if anyone knew him. Of course no one was going to admit to knowing him, he was an omega with horrifying powers when they actually manifested. Meant he'd have to speak to her himself he supposed. Looking over at her with his piercing, glowing purple eyes he raised his hand. "Yeah, I know him. He's me." Jamie said, sounding annoyed as he walked over to her, pushing carefully through the crowd.
Happiness isn't around the corner...its in the corner

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am

Nadine wrinkled her nose as the Omega boy walked over, taking everything about him in quickly. The green uniform, white hair, purple eyes. He was incredibly tall and only seemed to get bigger as he got closer. “You’re a giant,” She commented. Nadine wasn’t short either. At an average 5’5 she was far from small. Tilting her head to the side, she nodded at him to follow her. “Alright well let’s get to business. I’m Nadine. You’re Jameson. What are your powers and how far along would you say you are to controlling them?” Nadine walked next to him, careful that their arms didn’t touch. She walked briskly, already calculating in her head what she would need to do to get her to her goal of ditching the boy as soon as possible.

It really wasn’t that she hated the Omega. They just annoyed her to no end. They were mostly children and Nadine, who was an old woman at heart, didn’t have time for children. She hoped that Jameson wasn’t the type to fool around too much because she doubted she could handle an immature little shit at the moment. Especially if they had a lot ahead of them, power controlling wise.

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 13, 2018 6:55 am

James eyed her up as she wrinkled her nose at him. Of course she thought she was hot shit or something, no surprise, the Alphas always did. It pissed him off to no fucking end, every time one of them disregarded him like a piece of trash he just wanted to call a creature and have it devour them slowly as possible. But of course, he had no way to control his powers, so how could he ever even attempt to do that. He sighed softly as well at the comment about his height, he could avoid those even less than disdainful looks it seemed like. At least he got no joke about "how's the weather up there?" or something absolutely, mindbogglingly stupid like that. He nodded softly in reply, "Yes miss, I'm rather tall, but I'm hardly sure that would bother someone of your abilities." He said before she simply nodded him after her like he was some sort of dog. He could already tell that this week was sure to be as humiliating as it could possibly be. If he ever got his powers to obey him, that bimbo of a principle would not be enjoying herself very much any longer. "Lovely to meet you as well Nadine-" he replied dryly before tilting his head at her as she walked next to him, but very pointedly not getting near him. "My powers stem from my connection to an alternate dimension. The mundane power I have no control over, but need no control of it. Simply put, you can't kill me unless you obliterate every cell in my body or I'll heal myself. Trust me - the school doctors have tried to kill me more than once and failed." he chuckled before hesitating, his eyes glowing a brighter purple for just a moment before he replied. "I have the ability to tear a rift in space, literally rip apart reality as we know it, and draw creatures out from the void, bending them to my will for short periods of time. This is what I cannot seem to control however. I never know when I will actually be able to open a portal, or how long I can control the creature for. It tends to work better the more I'm emotionally pushed to my limits." he finished.

Looking over at her, he wondered anxiously about what her reply to that would be. Most people would try to get as far away from him as possible, and he didn't blame them. He often wished he could run from himself, but the void was always in his head, whispering to him, coaxing him, tormenting him with visions. He shuddered for a half moment at just the thought of it.

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am

Nadine nodded slowly, listening to the boy carefully. No wonder the poor kid couldn't control shit, that power seemed confusing as hell. And she thought she had it bad. As they walked out into the courtyard, Nadine chewed on her lip thoughtfully, tucking a strand of pink hair behind her ear. Pushing the boy to his emotional limits would be easy, seeing as her main ability dealt with that. She remained quiet as she stared out a group of Beta's, wondering where they should start -- because she definitely wanted to start now. A goody two shoes like Nadine always started her projects early and finished them weeks before they were due. The minimum was 40 hours but Nadine was willing to work twice that if it meant getting the best grade.

Tapping her chin, the pink haired girl nodded again, turning golden eyes back on the boy. "Interesting," Was all she said, finally she put her hands on her hips and nodded again. "Okay well pushing you to your limits is easy. I can do that right now. How do you respond to pain?" Pain was Nadine's best "illusionary feeling" and the one she had the most practice with. Everyone seemed to think that as an Alpha she had full control of her abilities but that wasn't the case. All abilities were constantly growing, changing. She could find new ways to better herself every day. And seeing as Pain was how Nadine defended herself the most, it was the one she needed the most handle on. The one she needed to be able to use immediately.

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Jamie watched the pink haired girl curiously as she worked her way through the sea of students, his gaze trying to follow her own as she looked over to a group of beta students just standing around. He wondered what she was thinking about, though apparently it wouldn't take him very much waiting to find out.

It was now his turn to listen carefully, though he couldn't help but start smirking at her question about how he responded to pain, as if that was going to be a motivator to make his powers manifest. Stepping in close to her, as if he was going to tell her a secret, which, in a sense he was. Lifting up his right arm between the two of them, he pulled his long-sleeved shirt's sleeve up to his elbow for a moment, allowing her to see the numerous scars that ran over his arm in a seemingly random pattern, varying in shape and size, but all in relatively straight lines, as if they were claws torn along his body. "No offense Nadine. But whatever pain you think you can put on me, isn't going to work. Pain and I are very good friends." he said before pulling the sleeve back down.

Considering her for a moment, he sighed before deciding to tell her even more "If you want to provoke me.....use fear." he said quietly, biting his lip as if he regretted it. "Make me feel fear, as much as you can, my brain will come up the rest....or rather....the other place will." He whispered, hands shaking as he spilled his little secret.

Why am I like this?

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Sun May 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Nadine flat-out stared at his scars, raising a brow. It was as if he was daring her and Nadine was happy to prove him wrong. "Alright," She said, continuing on their walk. "Fear. Got it. Let's go to the field. We'll have plenty of privacy there." The pink haired girl walked in front of him, leading him down the long set of stairs leading to the small training field the school had. Everything was fenced up, too high for anyone to jump over. Although it was more so no one would jump in. Nadine glanced over at Jameson, just to make sure he was following. His ability was interesting to the say the least. If there was a god, why did he pick such freaky abilities for people? Why him? She remained lost in thought the rest of the way down, wondering how she could possibly help him. Maybe that had been the Headmistress's idea. Put the hardest project with the best student. Because there was no doubt about that, Nadine knew she was the best because she worked her ass off. She wasn't the best because she spent her days fooling around, she was the kind of girl that stayed in her dorm studying on the weekends instead of going out like a normal seventeen-year-old girl.

Once they finally got down, Nadine put her hands on her hips, staring at the ground. How could she do this? Pain was an emotion she used rarely but had gotten quite good at anyway. It was as if that part of her ability was constantly growing, changing, itching for Nadine to use it any chance she got. After several moments of her staring at the grass, she looked up at him and sighed. "The pain I cause is mental. I don't physically hurt you. I just make you think you're being hurt. It's excruciating. Or so I've heard. I've never experienced it myself. There are different levels as well. I'm just trying to figure out how I can mix it in with fear. I don't have fear under my arsenal of illusionary feelings. Pain is the only "bad" feeling I have really. So I'm trying to figure out how to do this."

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 13, 2018 6:22 pm

He nodded along in agreement, following her out of the building and down towards the field. He could tell that she was deep in thought, so he let her be, allowing her to have her time to herself. They were going to be together all the time for at least a week, the last thing he wanted to do was piss her off immediately and have her make his life living hell. It also gave him some time to think as well. Suppose she succeeded in pushing him to his limit and he opened a tear. What then? What if he lost control of the creature that came out of that tear? Would it be strong enough to kill Nadine or others at the school as well? Or would it die when it lost his connection to him. The fear seemed to be building up inside of him all on it's own without Nadine's pushing.

"You know what? Don't worry about it, scratch trying to make me feel fear. I've worked myself up enough already." He chuckled, giving her an almost playful glance before his eyes steeled back to their normal coldness. "I'll try your little pain tricks then. Let's see if you can outdo the void, make me hurt." he said firmly as he knelt down in the grass in front of her "Don't hold back either. If you can control the kind of pain I think I'm in, try to make it feel like my scars are all being split open again." He suggested before closing his eyes.

Why am I like this?

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Sun May 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Nadine rubbed the back of her neck, nodding slowly as the boy spoke. From around her wrist, she untied a ribbon, using it to pull her hair out of her face. Walking forward, she put her fingertips to his temples. She wasn't sure physically touching him did anything, but she always seemed to feel as if the connection were stronger somehow. There was no distance limit to her ability, so long as they were in her vicinity, but still. It couldn't hurt.

She started on a low "setting", so to speak. A mild pain, sore muscles perhaps, the pain of a twisted ankle, a heartbreak. And then slowly began turning it up. A slice of a knife, a bullet wound, fire to the skin, but instead of it just being in one area, it would feel as if it were everywhere. On his arms, legs, thighs, head. Jameson would feel as if he were a tree struck by lightning, burning from within. He wouldn't be able to think, hear, or feel. It should be the worst pain the boy had ever been in, but after seeing those scars Nadine wasn't sure of herself anymore. She was beginning to sweat, her fingertips pressing into his skin. She was focusing all her energy into this. She was angry, frustrated, and most of all sad. She hated that she had to do this project, frustrated that perhaps she wouldn't be able to help him, and sad because of his scars. She meant, he was still human. What kind of ability could possibly be a good one if it hurt the person it belonged to? Her abilities never hurt her. If anything they helped people. They protected her. What had this kid ever done to anyone to deserve scars like those? She was thinking all these things and it added to her hatred for Omegas, confusing her to no end. At last, when she was sure she was about to pass out, she turned it up once more. Her legs were trembling as she focused all her power into the boy in front of her. She was sure it would feel as if he were dying now, pushing whatever it was inside him to do its thing.

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Jamie felt her fingers against his head, and took a deep, calming breath, knowing it would be his last moment of clarity for a while after what this girl was going to do to him. He was sure that there was no way that she could match the pain that the void has put upon him, but now that she was about to try, he felt nervousness rising up in him.

The white haired boy didn't even move as she started the pain, as if those light movements couldn't even be felt by his body, completely irrelevant to him. Between the void's "gift" and the school's experiments, this light pain truly was inconsequential. As it ramped up however, he did twitch slightly, the bullet wounds and knives causing his eyes to flicker behind his eyelids, though he still stayed mostly still. Not until she made him feel like he was burning from the inside out did the boy give a real reaction. He groaned softly under his breath, the noise a gutteral, and primal cry of pain. Had he not kneeled down to start with, his legs certainly would've collapsed then and there. It was her final push however that actually did trigger his powers. He let out a horrible, howling scream of pain, the noise half his own voice which was heartbreaking to hear, while the other half of the noise was primevil rage and pain, a being not of this world channeling itself in his mind. The beauty of this affecting only his brain, was that the void believed it's host was in danger, and needed to protect him. His eyes snapped open, revealing empty eye sockets with that purple flame dancing where his eyes should be. As he opened his eyes, a massive tear in what seemed like the thin air opened. Purple and scar-like in appearance, it widened as an insectlike head pushed it's way through. This head was easily 4 feet wide, with massive pincers on either side of the mouth, which was full of hundreds of sharp teeth.

The beast opened it's 12 eyes, and let out a mind numbing screech to the skies before beginning to drag the rest of it's body out through the tear. It was almost like a centipede in body style, with many segments, though it had arms only half way down it's body, the small appendages ended with sharp, tearing and grabbing claws. Where the arms ended were two massive legs that allowed it to stand tall, and finally pull it's tail out into reality before the void snapped shut behind it. The tail was half as as long again as it's entire body, leaving the whole creature at a cool 75 feet long. The tail also was covered with spikes along it's whole length that seemed to drip a purple venom that was killing the grass where it landed. Most certainly not subtle in any regards, this creature would put any human nightmare to shame.

Why am I like this?