A Second Chance at Life (Random Accel

Shining Dreamer

A Second Chance at Life (Random Accel

Post by Shining Dreamer » Sat May 12, 2018 1:32 am

Alex felt a sudden jolt and saw nothing but darkness for what felt like minutes as thoughts ran through his head. He slowly remembered his last few memories, the screaming shouts of people and the big rig truck right in front of his face. He was sure he had to be dead there was no way he live through an impact like that. Though slowly but surely he could hear the sound of something beeping and could feel the touch of something against his body.

He then decided to try and open his eyes and surprisingly found that he could see a blurry image of wherever he was. It took about a minute or so for his eyes to adjust but he was so able to figure out he was in some kind of hospital room, due to the equipment in the room. It was dark so he had a hard time seeing anything though he noticed a lamp on a table next to his bed. In order to reach it he began to slowly sit up with a bit of trouble.

As Alex sat up he couldn't help but feel like something of off about his body as not only did he feel shorter and he felt a bit more weight on his chest area. Though the biggest sigh was the amount of hair on his head that covered his eyes it also seemed like the wrong color but it was to dark to tell. Alex slowly moved his arm over and flipped the light switch.

After turning it on Alex could see a full length mirror on the wall and after gazing into it, almost had a heart attack as a cute red haired girl stared back at him. Making sure he was losing it Alex waved his hand only to see the girl waving right back.

“How did this happen” Alex said feeling rather shocked and sacred not sure what to do. Though he was sure staying here would lead to trouble, so without much thought he pulled out the iv from his arm and slowly stood up. He was glad to noticed his new body didn't have the same limp as his own making moving much easier. After searching the room all he could find to wear were slippers and put them on. Looking over at a clock on the wall he noticed it was two am and a calendar stated it was already the end of June, so it should be warm enough to go out in only the hospital gown at night.

Random Accel

Re: A Second Chance at Life (Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sat May 12, 2018 6:48 am

Two in the morning. A bit too late for going to the store, but a bit too early for Hestia to go to bed, on such a restless night. It had been almost an year since her friend went into coma, and that was enough time for Hestia to be worn out. She couldn't brood on what happened, forever. Just last week, she stopped going to the hospital to visit.

Yet why was it that she wanted to go towards the hospital at this hour? Maybe the full moon up in the sky was like a mirror, making her see how she truly felt. Or it was a sudden craving, resembling how one would randomly lust for certain types of food. Either way, Hestia found no reason to restrain this urge, and decided on a night walk. Of course, the hospital won't let her in for a visit at this hour, but some fresh air and a look at the building her friend is in may be what she needs before fully moving on.

Throwing a Hoodie over her pajamas, Hestia put her glasses over her eyes. Generally the teenager preferred contacts, but no one would see her at night. Dragging her feet in slippers, Hestia headed towards the hospital, not expecting much.

Who am I?

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Sun May 13, 2018 2:28 am

Alex then slowly walked to the door of his room and opened it just a little wanting to make sure there were no passing staff that would stop him from leaving. After feeling it was safe Alex slowly walked into the hallway and was relieved to see his room was next to the emergency staircase. Deciding it was now or never he push the door open and started to rush down the stairs, as fast as his new body would let him. Though about halfway down his legs began to get a bit shaky, and he was forced to grab onto wall handle until he could straighten himself out. It took a bit of time but he made it to the bottom of the stairs without being spotted.

Then with a hard push of a door Alex found himself outside and was relieved it appeared he was still in his home town. Alex's first thought was to go home, but figured that never work out. There's was no way his parents believe that after two years there son really reawakened in the body of a strange girl.

Alex simply stood there for a minute a cool breeze blowing through his red hair as he thought about his next move. Deciding there was no good option Alex simply picked a direction and ran not really sure where he was going, just knowing he couldn't stay here. Alex never looked back and honestly didn't pay much attention as he went forward.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sun May 13, 2018 3:08 am

It had to have been less than ten minutes since Hestia started her walk when she was alarmed by a set of footsteps around the corner. Not many people had reasons to run around at 2:10 am, and the girl couldn't come to any conclusions that were positive. Just the other day, she saw on the news that asked people to beware of kidnappers, and not go out at night. Could this be it?

Stopping dead in her tracks, Hestia was frozen in fear as a dark silhouette dashed around the corner, and slammed straight into her. Taken down and winded by the impact, she took a few gasp of air, before opening her eyes; She could not believe what she saw through her blurry vision, with her glasses on the floor after the collision.

"...Sarah?" Hestia's eyes widened, desperately squinting to see if it actually was her friend. "How...what...why..." tears of relief came from Hestia's eyes at the thought that her friend was no longer in coma.

Who am I?

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Sun May 13, 2018 3:55 am

Alex simply kept running until he reach a corner and made a left turn only to be startled as he seemed to collide with something. Alex stumble back and landed on his butt with a thump breathing hard tired from all the running he just done. Looking forward he could see that what he hit was in fact a girl who looked around his age.

“Oh I'm so sorry” Alex started to say as he noticed the girls glasses laying on the sidewalk between them. He then reach to get them but was startled again as the girl seemed to mention a name and he stopped in place for a moment. “What who's Sarah?”

It was only then that Alex remembered that hospital put name bans onto there patients wrists and carefully looking at his right wrist read the name Sarah Heartfield. That was the name of who he was now, and it appeared this girl knew, who he was.

“Umm do you know who I am?” Alex asked as he thought hard trying to see if he could find a memory of this girl in his mind. It was only then that he realized that he couldn't recall a single thought or memory of this girl who's body he was now calling home. It puzzled and worry him, though his thoughts we're soon broken as he saw the girl he hit crying. Without saying another word he slowly picked the glasses off the ground and place them on the girls face, awaiting her reply.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 am

"What, who's Sarah?"

Hestia froze once again, this time in shock. It took her a while to recollect herself, but Sarah putting Hestia's glasses back on Hestia's face brought Hestia back to her senses. Of course, there was no way in the world anyone would anticipate someone being in another person's body, so her assumption was that Sarah woke up from coma, but suffered from memory loss.

Suddenly realizing how odd they must look, in the streets at this hour with horrid fashion, and still worried about being outside this late at night, Hestia grabbed Sarah's (at least she thinks he is Sarah) hand. "Do you not remember anything? come, it is late at night and dangerous. I don't think you would like to return to the hospital right now, so let's talk at my place." Hestia had a look of concern on her face, worried about the memory loss, and also worried how much more Sarah's family would hate her when they learn that Hestia made Sarah lose her memory (at least it seems that way to them).

Who am I?

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Alex simply stood there feeling completely stumped as to how he could be in this girls body but not have any of her memories. Though he was soon pulled out of his thoughts as he felt the girl he bumped into grab his hand out of nowhere. Alex's first thought was to pull away from her grip as he honestly knew nothing about this girl, and there was always the chance that she put Sarah into her coma. Though he didn't as he could see concern on her face and in her voice as she asked about his memories and pointed out how dangerous it was for them to be out this late. Alex didn't think much about it but it likely wasn't the best idea to go out late at night in a short hospital gown as a girl.

“Okay will talk then” Alex replied as he felt the girl leading him down the sidewalk towards what he assumed was her home. He wasn't sure what to say to her so for now he just remained silent and followed along.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Little did Hestia know that she was inviting a boy to her house, at this late of an hour, when she lives alone. Walking up to the small one room she resided in, Hestia unlocked the door and let Sarah (Alex) in. The small room had a bathroom, a stove, a desk, and a bed. There was no closet, with clothes everywhere starting from shirts to underwear all folded in one pile at a corner of the room. Sitting on her bed, Hestia offered Sarah to sit next to her.

"I... I think you deserve to know what happened." Hestia opened her mouth, after some hesitation. "I know you don't remember me, but we were friends. I invited you over to my house for a birthday party, around an year ago, and... and..." Averting her gaze from Sarah, Hestia's voice got smaller and smaller. " ...there was a fire. A lightning struck the old tree in the front yard, and the whole house burnt down before the fire was gone. I..." Hestia was almost sqeezing herself to speak at this point, she was tearing up. "...I may have escaped without you. I was too scared of dying. I... I... mom and dad was in that house..."

It was not too hard to tell what happened after; A highschool student suddenly no longer living with her parents, and Alex waking up in the hospital on Sarah's body. Sarah went in coma during the incident, was sent to the hospital, and didn't wake up until Alex entered her body. Hestia's parents were either really badly hurt to the point they are still stuck in the hospital a year later- this did not seem to be the case judging on Hestia's reactions- or dead. Shivering in fear that her friend would show the same level of animosity that Sarah's family did, Eeasa shut her eyes and endlessly murmured, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

Who am I?

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Alex follow Hestia to her one room apartment and followed her inside. It looked very small and had bathroom and small kitchen area, but know closet. He noticed there was very little furniture and could see neatly folded piles of clothes in one section of the room. Alex couldn't help but wonder just why this girl was living alone. Just where were her parents, couldn't they afford to get her a nicer place then this one.

Alex then looked back over at Hestia who was inviting him to sit on the bed next to her. Alex slowly walked over sitting a few inches form her. Though only seconds after he sat down he heard Hestia begin to talk. As Hestia spoke Alex felt like he could get a clear vision of just what happened to Sarah during her last moments before passing out. He watched as Hestia voice got meeker and meeker with each sentence, until it seemed like she was squeaking out a whisper at the end. From everything she said Alex could tell that she felt guilty about what happened to Sarah, and her parents likely didn't make it out alive. Which explained why right now she was living on her own.

Alex remained rather quiet after Hestia finished her story as this was a lot to take in after just suddenly waking up. Honestly it sounded to him like none of this was Hestia fault and that both her and Sarah simply hard some poor luck just like him. It wasn't hard to figure out why Hestia blame herself for Sarah coma, but honestly Alex couldn't say he likely wouldn't of done the same thing. Having been in a life and death situation himself he knew that all he was thinking about was surviving at the time. While he had no memories of how Sarah was, he was sure that she wouldn't want her friend to blame herself over her death.

Alex then looked down at Hestia who was tearing up, her eyes closed, her body shivering, and say sorry over and over again. Alex simply wanted to comfort this girl so he decided to play the part of Sarah and forgive her for what happened hoping it give her just a little sense of peace.

“It's fine I forgive you” Alex said as he slowly held Hestia in his arms hugging her tightly. Thankfully she couldn't see his face as he was blushing a bit as it was the first time he ever hugged a girl he wasn't related too. “You were scared I completely understand so don't cry okay. I woke-up and were together again that's all that really matters right. Thought if were friends I guess I should know your name huh.”

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Tue May 15, 2018 1:21 am

"I am Hestia. Hestia Evans." Hestia spoke, wiping her tears, and trying to calm herself down. She was trying to forget about Sarah and move on with life, when Sarah forgave her for what she did, even with no memories. "Your family was really worried about you. Maybe you should give them a call." Hestia was still hugging Alex tight, as if Sarah would disappear if Hestia let go. "Your name is Sarah Heartfield."

Finally realizing that she was hugging Sarah for too long, Hestia let go and slumped back on the bed. "Ask me anything. Just about anything. I owe you too much for everything."

Who am I?