A Second Chance at Life (Random Accel

Shining Dreamer

Re: A Second Chance at Life (Random Accel

Post by Shining Dreamer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 am

“Ah you don't say” Alex said looking over at Hestia her nervous smile giving giving all the information he needed. Alex was grateful that at least he at least didn't him one thing working against him in his new life. It seemed even if he was behind Sarah record wouldn't be too hurt by a rocky start returning to school. “Well yeah I guess I could use the coma as an excuse too, if things go really poorly.”

Alex then began finishing his food as Hestia seemed to mention him getting to decide what they did for the rest of the day. Honestly there were a bunch of things he love to do, but considering they were working on Hestia funds, since he had no cash on him. He have to decide on things that wouldn't cost a bunch of cash and do to time were local.

“Actually I can think of a couples places I'd like to go” Alex said looking over it Hestia and taking her hand not giving her a minute to respond. “Geez it been two years I sure hope the arcade is still around.” Alex then began to lead Hestia in the direction he remembered the arcade being in and began leading her. He knew that since school hadn't let out yet it might not be too busy, which was great as the site of a girl entering the arcade normally lead to the stares of most of the players. It was only a five minute walk but they were soon there and Alex smiled reading a sign that stated today was girl day and that they offer them double tokens for the normal price. “I guess there still trying to get more girls in here huh. What luck I figured they'd of given up on this idea by now.”

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Hestia had never been to an arcade before, mainly because of how shy she usually was with strangers, and how rare girls were in arcades. The looks they were even getting now was slightly intimidating for her, and Hestia hid behind Sarah like she usually did, forgetting for a second that it was Alex inside. "I hope they realize double tokens doesn't mean a thing to most girls, since they don't find the place enjoyable. Maybe more things everyone can enjoy, along with less smokers could help."

Already the smoke in the corner was creeping over, causing Hestia to drag Alex to the other side of the place.

On the other corner was a pump machine, which Hestia intently stared at the notes and the symbols being played. The young musician was already tapping to the rythm, memorizing which figured were located where, and when she should hit them. "This looks fairly easy." She stated, digging into her handbag for a couple of coins. Looking around, Hestia handed the coins and traded them into tokens, based on the instructions on the wall.

What came after was a treat and a disaster all at the same time. Hestia was jumping up and down like mad, not once getting a single note wrong - the downside was that she was wearing a skirt, not trousers. Her skirt flapped up and down on each vigorous jump, occasionally flipping the wrong way without the girl noticing. At the end of the song, she beemed at the high score, before turning around to see everyone stare at her skirt.

Slightly upset and embarrassed, she raced to the bathroom and locked herself in.

"Jeremy the Jr member"

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 am

Alex soon opened the door to the Arcade or more like pool hall slash arcade at this point as running a normal arcade these days wouldn't net enough business. Walking in the place was mostly as Alex remembered, being kind of dark and with the site of smokers over by a second full of pool tables and others things. Alex did his best to ignore the looks he was sure they were getting as high school girls on the whole was a pretty rare site here. Looking around it didn't seem like the lineup of games had really changed while he was gone mostly being machines he remember.

After Alex finished looking the place over he finally noticed that Hestia hiding behind him and could notice her left hand clinging to his white dress. Honestly Alex found this shy version of Hestia to be rather cute as she seemed to cling pretty close to him. Soon after they made it a good way past the entrance Hestia made some comments about how offering extra tokens was silly and how the place seemed rather uninviting is general.

“Yeah I thought the idea was stupid myself” Alex replied remembering back to when they started having girl's day. “I mean for the most part the only girl's who came were the rare few that were already coming and maybe so guy bring his girlfriend or sister in to get extra tokens but the rarely stayed pass that. As for the atmosphere I won't lie it takes so getting use to as it not the most welcoming to anyone.”

Alex continued walking until Hestia seemed to direct him away from sections of the building and not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable he didn't fight it. Alex was rather relieved as they passed a rhythm based game and Hestia interest seemed to peak enough that she wanted to try it. He then followed her to get some token and went over with her to the machine watching her place the tokens in. Alex was ever impressed as Hestia seemed to pick up the game instantly jumping and moving around not missing a beat. Though he soon noticed a problem as Hestia skirt seemed to move up and down as she did showing well her underwear. Alex blushed as he realized what he was seeing and hoped no one else would noticed but of course since they stood out like sore thumbs a crowd soon formed all with there eyes in the same place.

Alex was glad that Hestia seemed to be happy about getting a perfect score though that happiness seemed short lived as she noticed all her new fans gazes. Before Alex could let out a word Hestia was on the move finding the bathroom and locking the door leaving everyone stunned. Alex then knew he have to go after her but decided to wait until the viewers seemed to lose interest not wanting Hestia to see the mob after he talked her out of the rest room.

As Alex walked to the bathroom he wonder just what to say, a the normal are you okay seemed like a silly question to ask. Clearly if Hestia was okay she wouldn't be locking herself in what he figured couldn't be the cleanest restroom.

“Wow that score you got was just amazing” Alex said after giving a light knock on the bathroom door. “I'm not sure if that was your your first time, but if it was you really should feel proud. I mean I've seem people play that game for days and still not get anywhere near the score you did.”

Alex honestly wasn't sure what to do but hoped praising Hestia at the very least would get into a good enough mood to leave the restroom.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 pm

"Just... pretend that never happened." Hestia said in a very small voice, face beet red and buried between her knees. Very slowly, with the sinking feeling that she probably had to go out and face the crowd of strangers again, she unlocked the door and hid behind Alex.

Hestia wasn't even aware of what she was doing at this point, tightly hugging Alex's right arm with both arms and slowly inching behind him, head buried on his back. With so much attention, her fear against strangers seemed to have worsened. "Don't mind me... I'll manage." She barely, just barely managed to tell Alex, but her trembling lips said otherwise. Maybe, there was something in this place that could help with the level of tension she had, so that she could ease down.

"Jeremy the Jr member"

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:14 pm

“Okay I will” Alex replied as Hestia asked him to pretend like the last few minutes didn't happen. Alex was happy that Hestia seemed to leave the bathroom even though her face was still a bright red color. The moment she cam out Hestia quickly clung to Alex's right arm and buried her face into his back. Honestly as the walked back towards the main area Alex could could feel the stares of just about everyone. The show had gotten there attention and the way Hestia was clinging to him seemed to make them stand out more. Alex though maybe it be best to leave as Hestia clearly was having a hard time and even he was beginning to feel uncomfortable with how many stares they were getting.

Though Hestia said to not mind her and stay in a voice so low he could barely hear it. Not wanting Hestia to feel bad about causing them to leave right away Alex look around the arcade trying to find something simply and fun that wouldn't get the many start. He was pretty sure that Hestia would struggle on fighting games as she wouldn't know any of the combo's. Maybe a shooter though Hestia was a girl so maybe she wouldn't enjoy something so violent plus if then did pretty good they might get a crowd again. Alex deciding one what he thought was the only safe option spotted a racing game. Even people who didn't play games normally could have fun with these and the machines had full back walls and a roof on top making watching pretty impossible.

“Hey less play that” Alex said leading Hestia over and trying to get her to sit in the seat next to him feeling glad they build the machine so tow areas where close enough that Hestia could still hold Alex arm as he sat her down. He the looked around making sure no one was trying to spy in and asked Hestia for some tokens placing them into the player one and two spots hoping Hestia let go and at least try and play the game with him.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:55 am

Hestia knew she had to see what Alex was like while doing the things he liked in his past life, as a part of knowing who he was. As much as she was scared and wanted to back out, she did not enjoy backing out on her own words. In addition to that, everytime she tried to complain to Alex on the downside of the place, she was Sarah's face and couldn't make out the words of what she was about to say.

Almost as if they just landed on the moon, Hestia took one big step from behind Alex and stood beside him. "L-let's do this..." Her face was now a rosy pink, and her voice still barely a mutter, but Hestia was still going to try to racing game out. Sarah was not around anymore, and Hestia couldn't hide forever.

Hestia amazed Alex in a totally different way from the beat game earlier. Her car somehow found a way to race backwards in a weird zig zag, like some sort of drunk driver. When the game pinged the u turn sign on her to put her on the right track, she panicked even more and had her car drift in circles. It was an odd sight, considering how she already had a driver's permit but couldn't drive a car in a simple racing game. Perhaps it was because she was flustered and couldn't think straight; or she could just straight out be bad at the game. No one could tell.

"Jeremy the Jr member"

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Alex felt relieved as Hestia said 'let's do this' as she seemed to have cooled down a little from the earlier event. Alex looked over at Hestia and waited for her to pick her car, before he picked his and soon the starting flag appeared on the screen.

As the race started Alex's quickly tried to get into first place and after a bit looked over to see how Hestia was doing only to find her driving in reverse like some old drunk.

“Ah you need to move into drive” Alex said looking over at Hestia wanting to help but having his hands full with keeping up with the computer racers. After a while a sound affect went off and Alex looked over at Hestia screen again only to see her drifting in circles it really was an amazing sight to see. By the end of the game Hestia hadn't even even crossed the starting line and Alex was glad that other people couldn't look at there game play as he was sure Hestia get so insulting comments by other players.

“Ah well I guess driving games aren't your strong suit huh” Alex said getting out of the fake race car seat and giving Hestia a light smile. “But there's tons of other so will just have to fine some your good at.”

Alex and Hestia then began going through the arcade trying out different kinds of games like fighting, beat em up and even a sport game with Hestia performance in each varying bad to pretty average. After trying out a bunch Alex spotted a Zombie shooter and brought Hestia over handing her the rather large looking fake blue gun before grabbing the red one.

“Okay when you run out ammo just drop the gun below the screen and it will reload” Alex said showing Hestia just how it was done a big smile across his face. “I remember the first few levels pretty well so I'll cover for you if you have to much trouble. So just try and hit as many as you can.”

Alex then started to put the tokens in and a large Zombie appeared on the screen before the game started. The first level then appeared being some kind of factory over run with Zombies that seemed to rush at the screen and pop out from behind ever stack of boxes the rail shooter made them pass.

Shining Dreamer

Post by Shining Dreamer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm

bump

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:36 pm

(will post tonight, still alive)

"Jeremy the Jr member"