Spellbound (Cookie)

Actual Trash

Re: Spellbound (Cookie)

Post by Actual Trash » Sat May 12, 2018 5:30 pm

"Oi, I asked first." the witch retorted, frowning. She even crossed her arms, and it would have been almost petulant if it weren't for the frustrated look in her sharp eyes. Then her gaze swept the girl from head to toe, taking in her distance and shaking. Wasn't surprising the witch supposed, as she doubted many nobles had to deal with unicorns and witches. Yes, she was aware of the discomfort her own presence tended to illicit in others.

With a sigh, the witch pinched the bridge of her nose, then held both hands up, palms to the sky. A non-threatening gesture.

"Look squirt, the Blackwood doesn't gather lost souls without purpose. There's a reason you ended up here, so why don't ya just tell me. The sooner you spill, the sooner you can be on your way, ya?" she stated, shifting on her feet as if antsy. Looking out in the direction they'd come, she frowned, ears twitching again. "And come inside, the concealment spells only work past the threshold, and I really don't feel like having a bunch of golems knocking at my door today." she muttered, turning on a heel and heading inside the cave with nary a backwards glance to see if the girl followed.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat May 12, 2018 6:38 pm

The nymph felt distaste at the way this witch treated her, but she had to remind herself that she won't be treated like a princess anymore, by her own choice. The witch held both hands up and the former princess's fear faltered slightly. Did the woman really mean no harm? The witch really felt entitled to knowing what Tiyana's deal was, it seemed. The blonde girl's eyebrows furrowed as she had a hard time deciding what to do - follow her into temporary safety or leave into immediate danger? The answer was obvious.

She quietly followed the woman into the cave, hugging herself as it got a little chilly between the cool rock walls that made up the cave. Her kneelength white dress was the most practical thing she had when she left.. she knew that any other gown would only get stuck everywhere. She hadn't exactly expected to run through a cold river and then go into a cave that she had no idea about. The princess removed little twigs from her hair, brushing through it with her fingers as she followed behind, her steps quiet and careful. "It is none of your business, I said. What do you care?"
Love, Kitty!

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Sat May 12, 2018 7:55 pm

The wide cave continued into the darkness, but that wasn't where the witch headed. About 3 yards in, she made an abrupt turn, slipping into a smaller passage, hidden from the mouth of the cave by a rocky protrusion. Stepping under the arch was like stepping through a bubble, and the air instantly felt warmer on the other side of the stone arch, the sounds of the forest becoming muted. The floor smoothed into a seamlessly flat path, and little fairy lights lit the way around the next turn, just before the natural light from outside faded completely. In a few more steps, the passage opened up into what was almost another world. The floor and rough walls were covered in colorful mats and woven carpets, and lamps that glowed in every imaginable color floated near the ceiling. An alcove and grate to one side housed a woodless fire, and bookshelves lined one wall, heaped with books and scrolls of varying age and size. To one side, a bow and staff were propped against a heavy looking wooden desk, writing tools and strange vials scattered over the surface. The smell of burning herbs and old parchment hung in the air, and odd plants that moved on their own dotted high shelves and far corners. Another corridor eluded to one or more rooms further in.

The witch set her knife on the desk, murmuring something to a potted purple flower unlike anything documented in books, spines lining it's soft looking petals and blue-grey center. The flower looked to wiggle, before it's leaves resettled and the pale individual moved off. She looked back at the girl's question, in the midst of straightening something on a shelf, almost like she forgot she was there. Her brow scrunched when her eyes landed on the girl. assessing something.

"Am I not allowed to prevent foolish wanderers from dying in my woods? Heavens, how rude of me." she droned dryly, rummaging around in an odd wicker trunk. "Like. I. Said. The Blackwood only brings people here who want or need help. Only the strong or lucky tend to live long enough to get it or figure out whatever they need to." she continued, seeming to find what she was looking for with a quiet grunt of success.

"People say Blackwood is cursed. That isn't quite accurate, it's just that the cursed find Blackwood. Some don't leave. I'm... well, I'm something of of a tenant. People always look down on Witch folk, but they still come to us for help with their shit..." A snort. "Point is, with Blackwood bein' my home, occasionally I help it help someone. Call it a bad habit."

"Before we go on though, change." she stated, abruptly halting the conversation as she tossed a bundle of cloth at the nymph. It was a simple pale green tunic and long white skirt, with a slightly snarled leather string for around the waist. "I don't want you getting mud everywhere." Then she turned her back, closing the trunk and shuffling something on her desk, giving the girl a moment of privacy.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat May 12, 2018 9:46 pm

The blonde looked around the room with wide eyes, admiring this sort of new dimension. Tiyana was not familiar at all with this kind of magic, and her curious gaze followed the witch, not stepping in any further as she didn't want to carry dirt into this witch's home- it wasn't like she wanted to anger the woman any more- she already seemed peeved. The nymph watched the witch speak to the potted plant, and her curiosity increased even further - it looked so.. strange! What was it? It was so beautiful. Tiyana was truly interested in the plants the witch took care of.

"It is not that - I am truly grateful for your help.." She spoke up, not wanting this stranger to have this impression of the princess. "I don't want or need help.. I can manage myself. A-and if you don't like helping, I'll be fine without you anyways! I never asked you to do anything for me." The nymph grew a little agitated at this woman's words. Nonetheless she took the clothes, waiting for her to turn around before undressing and changing into the new clothes. It was simple.. the princess was used to different clothes, but she did not dare mention it.

"Go where? I have nowhere to go. I will just leave you alone and you won't have to sacrifice your time." The blonde spoke softly, not actually intending to infuriate the witch. Her feet created soft sounds as she quietly approached one of the shelves, admiring the contents. It was so nice there...
Love, Kitty!

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Sun May 13, 2018 6:49 am

When the girl said she was grateful, the witch made a skeptical sound, not turning around just yet. She went silent as the small nymph continued heatedly, before finally turning, one brow arched. So the timid one had a spine somewhere in there... good. At a glance, she was satisfied with how the chosen garments fit, having picked a tunic with a low back to give the girl's wings room. Meeting the smaller's eyes, she let out a huff, grabbing a sloshing kettle from one shelf and dropping it over the fire on her way past. The kettle sank to hover just over the flames, bobbing with the heat waves as if held by an invisible string.

"Mhm... I'm sure you had the unicorn 'managed' earlier, ey?" she responded, tone almost teasing. "You wouldn't be here if you weren't looking for something, squirt." She paused, eyeing the girl. "Or looking to get away from something." Again, that searching look, a little less harsh, and more curious this time. Her gaze followed the nymph across the room, arms folded.

"Nowhere to...? I was talking about the conversation, squirt. And if you don't have a destination, that just means you might be here for a while." she stated matter of factly, turning to sprinkle what looked like tea leaves into the kettle, taking it off the fire with a thick cloth around the handle.

"Mind you, I'm not forcing you to stay. I can get you safely to the edge of Blackwood and send you on your way if you wish. I would simply warn you that most who try to leave before finding what they sought usually end up right back where they started." The witch poured steaming green tinted liquid from the pot into two cups, one of which she placed on the edge of the desk. Halfway to raising the other to her lips, her eyes caught the girl's, and she jerked her head in a motion, indicating the other cup as she padded away over the thick carpets, stripping off her boots somehow as she went, placing them in a corner. She seemed simultaneously used to, and entirely unaccustomed to having another being in the place. Like she'd done it all before, but not in a long while.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sun May 13, 2018 10:02 am

"S-stop calling me squirt!" The princess retorted, not mentioning that the witch was right about the unicorn being totally overwhelming to the blonde. As the witch explained that people came to the forest in need of getting away from something, she lowered her gaze. She was leaving behind her kingdom, but she knew she could not return. There was a dragon just waiting to hold her captive - she felt like she was only there to be held captive at this point. A small frown adorned the girl's face as she listened to the witch. She was right, she had no choice but to stay or.. well, find a bad ending in the forest. Tiyana silently looked at the witch, accepting the cup of tea and sipping it carefully. The witch probably expected the blonde to tell her about her origins, but the girl stayed quiet, watching the woman stride across the room. There was no way out was there..? She suddenly felt really sad. Maybe being locked up with a dragon at her doorstep wa.. no! She was never going back to that. No way! She didn't want some princes trying to defeat a dumb dragon that would only trap her for 'fate' to happen! Her grip on the teacup tightened for a second, before she let out a little breath.

There was no going back now.
Love, Kitty!

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Sun May 13, 2018 8:26 pm

A ghost of something that looked suspiciously like a smirk passed over the witch's features as she turned back, meeting the girl's look coolly.

"You talk like someone used to having others listen... but I'm afraid nothing out here is gonna take orders from you, little lady." she commented. It was a dry statement of fact, without venom. Her gaze dropped to the liquid in her cup as she downed it, absently setting the cup on a shelf. She seemed to take notice of the prolonged silence, and her frown returned.

"You make it weirdly difficult to help you, ya know that?" she huffed. Her eyes drifted up, and something on top of the girl's head caught her attention. She strode over, long legs crossing the distance in seconds and murmured something that definitely wasn't in the common tongue under her breath. Then she poked the girl on the forehead. With a faint crumbling sound, the mud that had dried in the nymph's hair turned to dust and drifted away, the witch sending it out the door with a flick of her wrist. Apparently satisfied, she turned on a heel, moving off towards the as of yet unexplored doorway.

"I'm hungry. If you want food, follow me." she called back, wild white hair swaying behind her, bare feet making little to no noise over the floor as she moved.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon May 14, 2018 12:49 pm

The princess felt her face flush a little. At least she wasn't being called a squirt anymore.. the girl stepped back in surprise when the witch touched her face, the dried mud being blown away. Tiyana did not know how to reply to the witch's comment about the princess's stubborn attempt at keeping a secret of what she needed help with. The blonde sipped the rest of her tea and put the cup aside, watching the woman move across the room to get some food. The princess hadn't eaten a proper meal in days, she was no good hunter and using any kind of long range weapon would prove to be hard when partly blind. The girl simply quietly followed the stranger, not wanting to stand around awkwardly.

"So.. you're a witch right? You don't happen to be able to change fates?" It would be a stupid question, but Tiyana had never really heard about witches as they are not very popular.. but it was worth a try for the unknowing princess. Who knew? Not her. She combed her hair with a few of her fingers nervously as she stood there.

Her wings flexed a bit in the wide room, nearly touching the shelves. They usually would touch them, but the princess had no intention of knocking anything over. She just wanted to stretch a little, her wings fluttering.
Love, Kitty!

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 am

The woman grunted an affirmative at the witch question, though it seemed rather rhetorical. They passed under the arch and into a sort of cross path. A small circular chamber with three more doorways leading in different directions. The witch paused.

“That way is towards the sleeping chambers.” She pointed left. “This way is the pantry and kitchen.” She pointed center. “That way... You’re not allowed there.” That was about the passage on the right. The only passage with a breeze wafting from it. The air smelled strangely damp and cool.

The witch didn’t give the girl time to contemplate that, moving off down the middle passage. Sure enough, it opened into a kitchen with a back room that looked to be stocked with a great many basics. The buzz of energy gave away the magical preservation wards used to keep the food fresh, though oddly enough, the dark hearth and dusty counters betrayed how little the actual kitchen was used.

The witch brushed past everything else, grabbing a loaf of bread and some salted and dried meat. Tearing the loaf in half, she deposited it and a portion of the meat on one counter, before turning and hopping up to sit on another, legs dangling as she started to munch.

“I guess it’s possible. It’s possible of anyone, with the right circumstance.” She finally replied to the last part of the young noble’s earlier query. “I certainly hope so...” she added under her breath, with a small grimace that seemed turned inward, toward some thought that had crossed behind her green eyes.

“So you’re running from fate, huh? Interesting...” she added, gaze lifting to the nymph, scanning her as if she could glean all her secretes if she just stared hard enough, her jaw working methodically as she scarfed the food.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am

The princess followed the woman obediently, but not without her curiosity nearly boiling over because of the forbidden passage. She wanted to enter it to see what was her secret, but she knew she had to control herself and simply opening the door and entering the chamber that was forbidden for her to see was just too much of an exciting thought. As she stepped into the kitchen after the pale witch the princess looked around, seeing that the kitchen was not often used. Her thesis got proven by the fact that the witch merely ate bread and dried meat. The princess frowned a little.

"Do you ever use the stove at all?" She asked, letting her finger slide over the surface before examining all the dust on it. "Is this all you eat?" She added, picking up the dried meat and biting into it hesitantly. The princess cringed a little and tried biting harder. She was not used to this dried stuff. Her teeth sank into the bread next, and she had to say.. wow, what a boring meal. Well, then again, the girl was not used to this simple dish. Bread and dried meat, huh?

The nymph looked up at the witch. "I do. I simply cannot let my fate happen."
Love, Kitty!