The Infected

Darlington_Wilde

Re: The Infected

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Fri May 11, 2018 1:52 am

After putting what little medical supplies she could get her hands on into her backpack, Kathleen headed out. She kept Hippo close to her as she kept her eyes on the crawlers that were slowly but ambitiously making their way towards them. They weren’t the problem though. It was the runners that had frightened her. Even though Kate hadn’t seen any around this area in the past 2 days, her guard was still up. She was much of a fighter. She’s only managed to kill two, and that was by stabbing them when they were getting too close. Mostly, she just runs and hides, but that might not be so much of an option anymore.

Kathleen figured her next step was to try and make it to a nearby shopping center, to see if there were any people hiding out there. The issue was, it was a bit of a distance, and there aren’t really any places to run and hide if she gets in a tangle whilst on the way. Nevertheless, Kate picked up her pace and headed towards her destination.
”We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri May 11, 2018 4:20 am

After cataloguing what supplies she's need to get, as well as getting something to eat, she did a quick wrap around the perimeter of her defacto base. There were a few shufflers around (that is what she called them at least) which she made short work of with her rifle. Every shot rang out a bit too much for comfort, and she cursed herself for still not looking for a gun shop or one of the military's attempts at a front line base to get a suppressor.
Crash course on my IP
I'm not crazy, just slightly insane

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

J.J stopped in her tracks near the checkout as she heard a scuffle then something hit the floor, as she turned her head she watched a can roll out of one of the aisles before she turned her whole body. Carefully with her gun pointed in front of her she slowly made her way towards the aisle where the can had come from, Jaylyn didn't know what to expect but she had come to learn to expect anything even the unexpected.

As she turned the corner she saw a man struggling with a Limp. J.J hesitated for a second before she aimed her gun and fired, as she watched the Limp fall backwards J.J smirked a little, she always considered that a victory in her book,"You alright?"she asked as she walked over towards him.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Fri May 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Dom struggled with the limp only to have it fall backwards off him. taking a breath he looked over the the woman who saved him. sitting up he quickly checked himself. "yeah i'm good" he said with a sign of relief as he wasn't injured or worse. getting to his feet Dom turned to the limp he killed and pull his sword out of its head. turning to the person who saved him he nodded and sheathed his blade "glad to see i'm not the only one who hanging on during these dark times"
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

Darlington_Wilde

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Kate's attention had snapped to what she believed to be the sound of a rifle firing off a few rounds in the distance. "God I really hope that's a person and these things haven't figure out how to fire a weapon..." She let her voice trail off. Figuring that was her best bet to find a person, she changed her course. After a while of walking and checking out every barricaded abandoned building she was beginning to wish she had stuck to her original plan. She walked past several more buildings that look like they have been made into makeshift bases. "Alloooo?" Her voice was starting to sound hoarse from yelling into abandoned buildings.

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

At one particular building, as Kate starts to move off, she hears a tell-tale sound of life from within said building. The sign being the cocking of a gun, followed by a bullet landing directly in-front of her, a warning shot that clearly and concisely conveyed the point of 'move one muscle and the next one goes in your head'. Kate cannot see who shot, they are somewhere behind her.
Crash course on my IP

Darlington_Wilde

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Kate’s ears were ringing from them sound if the bullet, her dog backing loudly from the surprise of the loud noice. She swore unintelligibly under her breath as she regained her bearings. “Okay. I’m going to turn around now. Please lower your weapon.” Kathleen began to slowly turn around. “I’m going to call my dog. Don’t shoot him either.” She looked at her still barking dog, clicking her tongue to call him back to her “Shhh, viens.” She spoke softly to the animal before turning her attention to back to the girl. “Are you alright? Are you hurt?”

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 pm

A voice, distinctly female calls out from a window that obscured much of what the shooter looked like. She yelled a once more: "Take off your packs and drop your weapons. and you better shut that mutt of your's up too." whoever she was she was extremely annoyed that you were near her base; but the scary part was how she sounded, how her voice was controlled and devoid of emotion. the distinct sound of a bolt being operated to chamber another round could just be heard.
Crash course on my IP

Darlington_Wilde

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 pm

“I’m not going to do that.” Kate let out an annoyed click of the tongue. “I am not an enemy here.” She knelt besides Hippo, and kept a tight grip on his collar and attempted to calm him down. “I asked you a question. Two, actually. I can repeat them if you didn’t hear me.” Kate’s eyes surveyed the building, trying to find the source of the voice.

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Fri May 11, 2018 7:49 pm

"I don't think you're in a very good position to be asking questions here, nor are you in one where you can disregard what I'm asking of you. So i'm going to ask you once more..." Jessica changes the place she's aiming at from the head of Kate to the head of her dog "Drop your stuff or the dog gets it."
Crash course on my IP