The Infected

Darlington_Wilde

Re: The Infected

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm

“Woah, alright, hold on.” Kate watched her party raise their guns up. “Lair or not, we cant just shoot him. He’s still a person,” she mumbled to JJ. She turned her attention back to the stranger, “you said you can provide more proof. Let’s see it.”
”We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Sans_the_Medic

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Seeing the situation escalate, Jess ducks slightly lower in the car as to provide herself a little more cover, and is now aiming right at Owen's shoulder. She would aim for the head but something told her that her new companions wouldn't appreciate just dropping the guy.
Last edited by Sans_the_Medic on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crash course on my IP
I'm not crazy, just slightly insane

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:26 am

Owen's hand darted to his side, pulling his VP, as he raised it he pulled the slide back just enough to catch a glimpse of brass in the chamber, then put the stock to his shoulder, all in under a second. He pointed the VP at JJ, prestaging the trigger, "It doesn't have to be like this. 18."
A second or so passed. It sounded like a single shot, but the gun ejected three empty casings. Owen then lowered his gun, "I have your proof."
He hadn't shot JJ, but instead a rotter a block down the road. He began walking toward his kill, speaking one more word, "15."
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight all around. Cross your heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."

Wanderlusst
Bronze

The Infected

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:34 am

J.J was close to putting her finger on her own trigger, however she had seen the slight movement before the bullets flew past her head, she was a trained eye, so she didn't miss his aim moving a few inches and the way his gaze went beyond her and the group. As she lowered her gun slowly, she looked at the other two before she stepped towards the man,"Where?"she asked, she didn't just want a file, she wanted real live proof, something she could see for her eyes, not just words on a paper, anyone could put words on a paper!

As she waited for an answer she looked around before throwing another question at him,"What did you do? To get this information?"she wondered how he even got a file like that, she had seen places be overrunned , there was never enough time to stop and look for someone or help someone, let alone risk your own life for a file.

Darlington_Wilde

Post by Darlington_Wilde » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am

Throwing her hands over her head, Kate dropped to the floor at the sound of gun shots. She shakily stood back up, trying to get her bearings. “May I see the file? We can get you your ammo, but I’d like to read the abstract for myself first before we give you anything.” She called out to him.
Last edited by Darlington_Wilde on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
”We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 am

Owen kneeled down next to the dead rotter, leaning in close to it's head. He then pulled back and stayed kneeled, not moving, silently counting to himself.
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight all around. Cross your heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:09 am

the sounds of the shots put dom on edge silently moving behind kate he placed his hand on her shoulder "i dont like this one bit, keep your distance for now" he said quietly to her taking his hand off her shoulder.
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 am

Owen finally moved, ripping off a piece of the rotter's white tee shirt. He set the piece of shirt under the rotter's head, then he ran his hand through the rotter's hair, and what looked like small black twigs fell onto the shirt piece, "And I thought 'brought me on board' would tell you that I was part of the research team."

Wanderlusst
Bronze

The Infected

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 am

J.J crept up behind the man, crouching down slightly behind him she began to watch closely, after a few moments she asked,"What am I waiting for here?"she asked with a raised eyebrow, hoping to get an answer. This was getting weird for Jaylyn, and she had seen some pretty weird shit in her time, but now she was beginning to think the man was fucking her around. Like this was some joke she had time for, standing up she moved around to stand beside the rotter, looking down she watched him take something from the Z's hair.

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 am

"Those little black things. Those are a cordycep parasitoid capable of producing electricity. These ones are dead, though. The spores aren't anything to be worried about. They're unstable without a stabilizing protein, like keratin or haptocorrin. What happens is it kills its host, then uses it's bioelectric properties to hijack the nervous system. It really is a fascinating organism."