Something New (Veilstar)

Veilstar
Gold

Re: Something New (Veilstar)

Post by Veilstar » Fri May 11, 2018 4:05 am

A small smile tugged at her lips at hearing Claire explain how she got her name. She always thought getting your name from a relative was cute and sweet thing. You were kinda their living legacy seeing as you have the same blood and thus the same name. Hearing that she was Irish also made a tiny smile appear on her lips after the first one vanished." That's neat. I'm part Irish. Father moved here from Ireland..but I kinda got my mom's looks who's from Spain. I have no idea where my name came from though." Amaya had a more cheerful tone as she spoke about her family, that was kinda a rare thing. They weren't really around anymore and the closest thing she had to family was Kimi...The older woman had been a close friend to her parents before they had her. Now wasn't a time to bring that kind of thing up though.

Maya made sure to stay silent and listen as Claire started to speak up about why she was there. It was kinda stunning to hear she had a child back home in a way it was..somewhat charming. A mother had to deal with a lot of things and you learn a lot about people from thing like that. Her annoyance with men only got worse as she heard the story that a lot of women sadly had. Guy knocks girl up, guy vanishes to never been seen as girl raises kid." It's understandable, your approach to dating. I mean..you focused on your kid it sounds like...I'd do the same thing. Also it's alright I kinda rambled on about why I was here." Amaya had a soft and friendly tone to her voice as she offered a kind smile with her words. Taking a moment she looked the woman over, she was stunning for having had kids and still had those tattoos poking out a bit.

" Seems like we...were both unlucky with guys...who needs them though ah..right? Umm what do you do for a living? I'm a free lance photographer..I mainly do work for the local magazines though.." Amaya tried to take initiative with the conversation and continue it on from where they were. Places of work was a pretty good change of topic right? Claire did mention friends from work convinced her to go here and she said her boss convinced her to come as well. Looking up at the redhead Maya found herself biting her lower lip nervously. It was a stupid habit she formed...She sometimes ended up making her poor lip bleed.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 12, 2018 4:50 am

"Thanks" her smile brightened a little as she looked at the woman across the table, yes most would agree with her that staying a single mother and raising her son was empowering; but, coming from Amaya it felt a little better to hear. In truth she had been set up on a few blind dates before, but she hadn't known they were dates until she was left with the other person alone, the best one was her dad's old pilot friends son. She chuckled a little at the memory because the guy seemed nice, but he was a 'wannabe thug' she mentally quotes. At the mention of men and her job she let out a small laugh.

"Like you wouldn't believe, I guess that's why I picked women for tonight...to be truthful I'm not gay...bisexual or pan...not really sure I just tend to go with the flow when it comes to it" she nods and before she can continue the buzzer sounds and the women around them begin to get up to move. Looking over Claire notices that the next woman coming to her table was a kinda heavy set butch woman, but she didn't want the conversation to end with Amaya. "Sorry" she mouthed to the woman walking over and held up her green card to show she wanted to keep Amaya at her table for another rotation. The other woman just shrugged and continued to the next table.

"Sorry about that...you asked for what I did. I'm a Sous Chef at Marco's a couple blocks down, if ya never been it's a fusion of Mexican/Asian food. Our best dish...well the one I like is the Wasabi Beef Nacho's." she nods before returning the conversation back to Amaya's job. "So what's it like photographer? I mean when people think of it I'd image they think like Andy Warhol or something. Me personally I'm not really the artsy type when it comes to that so forgive me ahead of time, but if you wanna know about food or kids toys I'm your gal" she laughs a little.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat May 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Amaya was smiling to see this woman smile even brighter than before and noted that she had a cute laugh. It felt so easy, well a lot easier than it was with other people to just sit there and chat openly. Sure she stuttered and fumbled with her words but she was enjoying the time she was spending with Claire. The younger woman was left raising an eyebrow as a comment was made that Claire wasn't exactly gay and didn't know what she was. That she just went with the flow? What exactly did that mean? Amaya was sure she was atleast Bi since she had always found women attractive and everything. Still it seemed that Claire was enjoying herself and that was simply enough for her right now. The younger woman was about to ask a question about her sexuality when the buzzer decided to just go off. For a split second Maya looked down as she was about to stand up but then Claire flashed the green card.

The green card ment she wanted to stay with her for another rotation. Just the thought of it made her smile and blush. Then she might've been left in awe when Claire went into what she did for a living. Amaya had never met a chef before or really knew anyone that could cook." Wow! Sorry that just sound so cool...I'll make sure to um..come and try that out specifically..That has my mouth kinda watering." Amaya laughed a little as she did feel kinda hungry at the moment now that food had been brought into the conversation. With the way the young woman looked it would be safe to say she didn't eat all that much or didn't really binge in food she liked. Then she was giggling a little as Claire asked about what it's like being a photographer and all. This left her smiling as she leaned back in her seat and stared at the window before looking back at the lovely Claire." Well for ah me...I'm always looking for the beauty of life...my lense captures those moments and the people that normally leave you in awe..li...like I thi..think you'd make...a great subject.." Amaya found herself feeling a little flustered as she spoke not wanting to annoy or seem like she was coming onto the woman to much.

Claire was a beauty. A strong look in those eyes, the fire of her hair, the ink on her arm seemed beautiful from what little she'd seen of what was hidden. The tanned skinned woman giggled a little at the rest of her companions comments." Tell me about your job some more then? I've never met a chef...in fact I can honestly say I've never had a meal that wasn't takeout or at a restraunt. The person who raised me wasn't much of a cook so she just took me out to places." Amaya laughed at that little fact for a moment, she wondered what Iit was like having home cooked meal. Her son was lucky to have a mother that was actually a chef, at least she thought of it that way.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat May 12, 2018 8:16 pm

"That's actually pretty cool, I mean with looking for the good in life and all. I wish I could say I do the same but with my life and all I tend to not pay attention to it to much" she nods and leans back in her chair feeling a lot more at easy, and in all honest she was enjoying herself a lot. A small ping of guilt slowly begins to fill her as she begins to think about Jake and what he would think of his mom seeing someone, and thanks to this thought her smile fades.

"Um...I'm sorry being a chef is fun and it's hard...umm I'm sorry I am having fun and all but I...I gotta go I'm sorry" she mutters and she stands and walks out of the room. Once in the main lobby she breathes in heavily a few times before rubbing her face, "fuck what was I thinking I can't date our anything like that...Jake still needs me" she sighs before leaning on the wall and pulling out her phone and calling her dad.

After a few rings he answers, "Ahoy, pumpkin how is the speed dating going" he ask, in the background the sound of the tv playing gave a hint that she may have caught her dad almost asleep.

"Oh it's...fun, but I got to thinking about it and I mean Jake still needs me and plus you know he's still so young I don't think he'd really take to me talking to or seeing someone so I'm gonna just head home and all...it doesn't have much left in the thing anyway, plus I have to work tomorrow." she nods and hangs up before he can talk her out of leaving.

Stuffing her phone back in her pocket she sighs as she walks outside running her hand through he red hair, a million thoughts running through her mind as she looks around the streets. Why did she even bought to get her hopes up knowing that she couldn't do anything further then talk or else have her son thank that she was replacing him or something. She shook her head and walked to the parking lot and getting into her car, once in her car she took a moment to make sure she had everything before she began to drive home.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Amaya was actually enjoying herself for the first time in forever and it was on a speed date thing with another woman. She was starting to think she might enjoy the company of women instead of men, seeing she was having more fun now than the past few years. The young woman smiled rather brightly as she brushed a tiny bit of her sort dark hair out of her eyes. Her gaze was fixed on the redhead as it became her turn to speak. A small giggle left her lips as Claire commented on how she saw life after becoming a photographer. Not many people saw it but there was so much beauty in the world that most weren't able to see it. She was able to capture it with her camera and allow other people to see the same beauty she saw. Maya was laughing at herself internally with how passionate she was for her line of work.

She was happy and having a good time but something always had to go wrong. It was like a switch, something seemed to hit Claire and she started fumbling her words and saying sorry. Then before she could say or do anything she was up and running out of the room. The whole room of course turned towards the commotion and Amaya was left red in the face. She wasn't angry, she was embarrassed and freaking out internally that she had said something wrong. Maybe talking about herself to much of saying things about her kid maybe? Amaya wasn't really good with people so...something like this was a worst case scenario that she had no idea how to deal with. The women around her now had inquisitive stares and even the hostess of the room was trying to figure out what was going on.

Finally the young woman couldn't take it anymore and ended up running out of the room as well. She didn't stop for anything as she sped walked through the parking lot. Her breathing was heavy and rapid as she tried to work through whatever panic was flooding her system. Who in the world was she kidding about having a good time with someone. Maybe she could lie to Kimi and she'd let her come back to work early? That would be figured out tomorrow and she'd figure things out then. Right now she had to deal with the damn panic that was flooding her system making her freak out. Her eyes were wide and her face was deep red as she tried to work through some breathing exercises. It was maybe twenty minutes that she sat there breathing through her possible panic attack.

Turning the keys to her truck she left the parking lot and didn't really stop until she got outside her building. Turning it back off she sat there in the chair hitting her head on the wheel repeatedly. Internally she was cursing her social skills once more and whatever she had done to upset that woman. Locking up her truck she took her things out and simply sat down on the side walk. Maybe she'd take a walk and try to calm her mind and her thoughts.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 16, 2018 4:35 am

Claire made it home far sooner then she had thought and ignoring her dad she went straight to her room and locked herself in. As she laid down she cursed herself and the fact that she had to freak out all because of her fears and her not wanting to get close because of Jake. After a bit she managed to finally fall asleep only to be awoken four-ish hours later by Jake bouncing on the bed to wake her up.

"Mom-mom-mom-mom-mommy-mommy-mommy-ma-ma-ma" he says happily, and Claire groans at the joke that he'd learned from Family Guy.

"I'm up I'm up" she yawns and gets up slowly, "Jake it's 3 in the morning" she yawns out as she looks at the clock.

"But...it's Saturday, mom, it's Milkshake Hour" he says pleadingly.

Claire sighs out remembering that she'd promise to take him to get milkshakes every Saturday morning now that she works more. "Honey, I told you I'd get you one, but not this early, we'd get one before I'd go to work" she lays back down but is stopped by Jake frowning a little.

"But you said Saturday morning...mom come on please...I'll clean my room when we get back" he nods rapidly.

With a sigh she agrees and gets up to take him.

Later that day Claire lets out a tired yawn as she passes off an order to the waiter before moving to grab another plate and starting on a new order. "Chris grab so wasabi paste and...fried rice...Mexican friend" she yawns out the order to a young black guy who nods. Claire was sweating profusely, but she couldn't sit down or rest until the Saturday lunch rush was over; which, was in it's second hour of the rush. She had to shake her head as she perfectly wrapped a burrito before passing it down to get it's other parts.

As the third hour rolled around and all seemed to finally settle down, Claire nearly collapsed, but thankfully Ray and a few other's were there to help her to their small break room.

"Fucking hell, kid, you must have had a hell of a night" Ray chuckled giving her a cup of water before sitting across from her.

"No...just a long one" she nods and refused to say more.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed May 16, 2018 5:22 am

Amaya had decided to go for a walk for about an hour or so before she actually decided to head into her apartment. It was a simple process of her daily routine until she finally found a way to get some sleep atleast. When morning came around the young girl had woken up early hoping to catch Kimi before the day really started. That was her best time to whittle the woman so that she could go back to work and forget about all this silly dating nonsense. It just wasn't her thing...maybe she could be one of those cat ladies yeah? Cats didn't sound that bad, sounded easier than dealing with people. Of course she'd hear about it from Kimi whom she knew would eventually try to set her up with some people. After following her routine like every morning on the dot she eyed her smart phone nervously. Swallowing some saliva that pooled in her mouth she reached down and carefully started dialing. The familiar pop song ring tone came until a click was heard and the voice she could never forget popped up.

"I know why you are calling darling. The answer is no so go out and try again."

Amaya was astonished and taken aback by the words of her guardian." H..how did you know?"

"Easy sweetie, my friend from last night told me about your little fumble. She wasn't allowed to leave or else she'd have gone after you."

" Oh...yeah your friend..I forgot she got you the tickets..it was horrible..I think I said something that upset her."

" aww, I hear emotion your voice! Why don't you go apologize like you do so much?"

" I can't...I ma..made a fo..fool of myself already."

" Shush..now Maya deary if you want to keeo your job you will do as I say. It's a little tough love so you find this girl...and apologize got it? It gives you a chance to try again." Kimi had that stern tone about her that ment she was kinda serious and likely not to budge. Why did her guardian have to take an interest in her love life to this degree? Amaya gave a soft agreement reply as she hung up the phone and rested her head on the table. Why can't she just live a life on her computer or something? An online love life sounded a lot easier to handle for someone like her..but no Kimi wants her to have a real one.

Amaya sat there and pouted for awhile as she took a look at the game systems she hadn't played in awhile. Kimi didn't really say she had to go at that second...if Claire really did work at the restraunt then it was better to get her later. A small nod came from the nerd as she hopped onto her Xbox One and started to play a couple games of Halo.

Sadly hours later she was still playing and having a good time showing these fellas how to really play these games. Only after her last round did she notice the time, A wave of nervousness flooded her system as she looked around and hurried back into her room. From there she showered, combed her short hair and got dressed again. This time she had another sweater, they were her favorite, this one hung off her shoulder a little. It showed off her tanned skinned shoulder and after that she put on a nice long flowy skirt. Call her odd but she loved those long skirts that went down to her ankles, of course she had on a small pair of shorts in case of a little wind.

Grabbing everything she needed the young nerd hurried out the door and into her truck as she turned the key an away she went. It was a lot more nerve racking as she rode down the road trying to remember where that Mexican place was. Turns out it was easier to find than she thought...of course the place had a huge sign on it since was an up and coming place. Meaning it was rising in popularity in the last month. Thankfully her games saved her from the largest of the lunch rush and people were slowly heading back to work.

After finding a seat she got a little water and worked away at it until she was asked what wanted to order. A memory of last night came back to her mind as she thought about a dish Claire had mentioned. Being the only thing on the menu she recognised it was her choice no brainer. Left to herself again her mind started trying to work through how to go about this little thing. Was it weird that she showed up to Claire's work just to apologize for something she wasn't even sure about.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 am

"Nacho's...WB" the waiter says leaving a ticket at the order window.

Claire takes the ticket with a small sigh, she had managed to calm down and cool off within the last hour and nodded as she began to make the simple yet good dish. Once she was finishing with the dish she added a bit extra to the dish by adding seaweed flakes to the top, looking it over for a moment she gave a small smirk to the dish. Sure it was just a simple nacho dish with chips, beef, and cheese, but the difference is that the beef is cooked in a spicy wasabi sauce and the chips had a slight tangy taste to them.

Once she agreed that it was done she placed the plate at the window for the waiter to take to it's table before she moves onto another order as the rest of the staff busy themselves with either cleaning or joking with one another.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Amaya felt the same bloody butterflies as last night as she sat at her table alone waiting for her food. So many scenarios were flooding her mind and she knew that she was over thinking all of this. That's what she tended to do or at least that's what she's been told she does. Part of her wanted to flee and just give up on this whole ordeal but Kimi wasn't the type to back down. If she said she wouldn't let the nerd work then she wouldn't let her work anywhere until she did what she'd been told to do. Maya was a little surprise by the quick service as the nacho order that she had gotten all thanks to Claire's mention before was already done. The man that was her waiter placed the tray down onto her table and the young woman was left salivating at the scent. It looked really simple but just with the smell you could tell that this dish was different from others at other locations.

For the next few moments she sat happily nibbling away at the nacho dish, trying to savor the meal. She even forgot why she was even there until the thought sprung back into her mind. Her eyes shifted around the Mexican themed room as she tried to think of something. It was to weird to ask to speak to Claire directly...right? Would a not passed on by the waiter be any better? It wasn't like she could just walk back there and ask to speak to Claire herself.

A sigh escaped her lips as the tanned skinned woman slowly ate her meal trying to think of something. The idea of a message came back into her mind as she pulled out her notebook. She tore out a fresh page and began writing out a small message to Claire hoping it wasn't to weird. Well hopefully thought Claire would be alright with it, it kinda took awhile but maybe she wasn't into woman like she thought. That could be a thing..The last relationship either of them had were with guys. Still she wrote the message.

" Thank you for the recommendation of that Nacho meal. It truly was amazing. I came by to apologize for anything I might have said or done to upset you last night. I also kinda wanted to say I had fun chatting with you. Maybe we could perhaps simply hang out some time of you aren't into dating?
Amaya"

She awkwardly called the waiter over and bushed a tiny bit as she made the request the passing of her message to Claire. Of course she felt kinda bad saying it was from a friend as the two barely knew each other and it was likely she had messed something up. Still the message was being sent and all she could do was sit in her chair and enjoy her little lunch.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 3:57 am

Claire was a little busy at the moment when the waiter, Sam, came back, but without an order to give. "Hey, C, you got a fan girl or a one night stand in the front...cute tanned girl said she had fun last night" the guy that was around Claire's age smirked holding up the note.

"Last night?" Claire looked at him with a raised brow then it donned on her and she blushed a little. "Geezus she's here" she muttered and back away from the prep table rubbing her head.

"Hey what's wrong with you, kid" Ray asks as he and another worker bring in a few boxes from the freezer.

"That...someone I met last night...she's...out front and gave Sam a note to give to me" she sounded confused and yet a little happy at the thought.

"And...what she a stalker or something?" he asks with a chuckle as he cuts open one of the boxes and to reveal ice cream.

"No...no I...I don't think so...she said she had fun last night...not like that fuck head" she curses looking up to see Ray giving her a pervy look. "No I mean I had fun too just...it'd to soon to date and everything but she came down here and I think she ordered my dish and..." she's stopped by Ray slapping her arm.

"Kid, go ahead and take off okay...we got the rest of the shift you and lover girl out there go and chat...tell us about it when you're back on Monday" the older Hispanic man nods and goes back to his work.

Claire stands there for a moment then nods, "fine...fine I'll go" she shrugs taking off her apron and hair net before heading to sigh out for the sigh. Once that was done with she walked out into the main room and stops at seeing the woman from last night, Amaya, she gives the woman a small apologetic smile once she sees Claire. "Hey...so I'm sorry about last night and running off like I did just...can I explain over froyo?" she asks with an unsure grin.

She honestly felt awkward standing before the put together woman, while she was covered in dry sweat and her chef's jacket, once a nice white color was now covered in a mixture of different colors from food's and stains that she hasn't been able to get out.