Something New (Veilstar)

Veilstar
Gold

Re: Something New (Veilstar)

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 17, 2018 11:53 am

Amaya did her thing of internally freaking out thing as she tried to keep herself composed at the moment. She was over thinking things again and part of her was worried she'd be seen as a stalker or something like that. Claire had told her where she works and she wanted to apologize for last night so it was alright, right? If Claire showed up at her work she wouldn't mind...then again she doesn't really work in one place. Her job has her running all over the city trying to find the best images for the stories. On rare occasions they have her do these photo shoots for people since the main camera man tended to flake a lot. Nibbling on the declious dish of Nachos her mind did all kinds of flips trying to not freak out like the night before.

Not a lot of people were aware but she kinda had a phobia of being in large crowds and having to many eyes on her. It was a sound thing to be scared of in her mind...people could be scary and cruel. It was best to avoid them sometimes and just withdraw into her own little world of the internet. Maya dared lifted her gaze and looked around the room as people seemed happy enjoying their meals. There was a group of fellas off in a corner that gave her a once over every so often. Some times she hated her looks as they drew attention.

Amaya's thoughts were broken by none other the woman herself Claire. Even covered in swear and grime from the kitchen she looked cute. She was actually a tiny fan of all the colorful stains on her apron, it was like a tiny work of art. There goes her mind being wierd again." It's its alright...I hope...I wanted to apologize myself...but...I wouldn't mind some froyo." Amaya's mind was trying to figure out what to say as her nervousness hit her and she over and shy smile.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 pm

"Why would you...never mind just know I had fun but last night was on me" she says and waits for the other woman to stand up, once the she was standing Claire lead the two out of the front. Once outside she took off her chefs jacket and enjoyed the breeze hitting the newly uncovered skin. She stood there in a red tank top with the Spiderman logo on the front, here stained black slacks and here black boots. Reaching up she ties her hair into a ponytail and gives the other girl a sigh.

"So I guess I should explain...well I was having too much fun...enough to make me feel guilty at least" she nods as they walk along the sidewalk, she honestly wasn't enough looking to where they were going more so she was focused on explaining her own pity party. "I felt guilty for several different reasons, the main one being that I thought about what if Jake wasn't okay with my attempting to date. I mean it's just been him and I all his life and yeah" she shakes her head a gives a tired smile as she hooks her jacket with one finger and walks coolly with it behind her, her other hand she stuffs into her pocket,

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 am

Amaya held a smile on her lips hearing that Claire actually did have a good time last night like her. It made this whole getting froyo thing a lot better in her mind as she wasn't freaking out as badly. Quickly the young woman pulled out her wallet and left some money for the food and a generous tip for the man that delivered her message. She was feeling in a good mood hearing those words and the thought of still hanging out with Claire. Maya didn't mind if she was just friends with the redhead, she was the type of girl that seemed interesting. Her tattoos that she'd seen poking out last night and the fact she was so courageous to state she had a kid on a speed dating thing. After leaving the money the brunette stood up and hurried out the front door with Claire.

Her eyes instantly went to the woman's arms as she pulled off the chef's jacket and her bare arms showed through the red tank top. The artwork was simply lovely and Amaya deemed by those alone she was a girl that had real style. She always admired tattoos having her secret one in her back. The girl would love to have more but in the short and sweet of it she was to nervous to get one. Those eyes continued to wander over Claire admiring her figure and the clothes she had on, even smiling at seeing the Spiderman logo. Amaya looked up into Claire's eyes as the woman started to speak saying she felt guilty for having fun. A sigh escaped her lips as she kinda felt relieved that she hadn't said anything to upset her.

Nodding along with her story the young woman understood the reasons for why she felt like this. Kimi had stated the same things when she was little after being dumped on the poor woman. Watching Kimi she knew raising a child was hard, luckily she was always a good child but she had no idea about Jake." I understand. I think it's really sweet you're thinking about him even then..I...Maybe we can j...just be friends if dating is the issue? See how things work between us..I me-mean if..if it's alright wi...with you..." Amaya gradually grew back into her stuttering and fumbling for words as she helped the other woman not walk into something. There was maybe two or three times Claire nearly walked into a pole because she wasn't paying attention.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 23, 2018 2:03 am

"Friends?" she thought about it as they walked, she had to admit it was a nice idea to have a female friend that she could take Jake around without the chance of him hearing a bunch of curse words like with most of her friends. She smiled and looked to Amaya, "okay yeah I'd like that...maybe we can start with froyo and take it from there...but can I ask. Why do you stutter so much?" she asks then thinks about it. "I don't mean to be rude of anything I actually think it's cute, but I was just wondering?" she nods. Reaching up she wipes away a little bit of sweat that was still on her forehead as they walked, it wasn't hot or anything but she still felt a little overheated from work but the wind seemed to be helping in cooling her down.

Another block and they were standing in front of the froyo place that she had spoken of, but it seemed that others had the same idea as there was a line out the door. With a sigh she shook her head and stood in line behind an old married couple, she could tell due to them holding hands but they seemed to be in a small argument about something she found trivial.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Amaya held a nervous smile on her lips as Claire repeated the word friend to herself. She wasn't sure if that was a sign she was liking the idea or not. Still she kept walking silently beside Claire, her eyes slowly drifting about the place. To be a little honest the young woman hadn't been down this way before. So new places made her tense up a little and made her even more nervous than she usually was. Then again they always say the best in their field always had some kind of quirk to them. Anxiety seemed to be Maya's little quirk. A real smile spread across her lips as Claire seemed opened to the idea and that Froyo was to be their first hang out. That alone made her happy. Then the slingshot came back and the poor tanned woman looked like a deer in headlights. The mention of her stutter got the poor woman more nervous than ever but before she could think of what to say Claire threw another curve ball.

Claire said that her stutter was cute. That comment alone had the young woman blushing terribly. Such comments were rare to hear and so they always made her freak out a little internally." Ah..I um..ah..a..I..have a nervous...an..Anxiety thing...I..have..trou...trouble thinking clearly...so..So my..my thoughts get...um..jumbled...when..when I'm nervous...just being around you...mak..makes me nervous...but the good nervous...the...the butterflies in my tummy kinda of nervous...I mean...yo..you're am..amazing...form...everything...I don't mean to..to sound weird...I I...just think...you're...aesthetically very plea...pleasing to the eye...that sounds bad too.." Amaya started going off into a nervous ramble as the two walked into the little froyo store. The poor woman didn't even notice as they stood still in line trying to not sound like a weirdo. Being a photographer she captured beauty all the time so she was used to seeing it. But Claire was on another level entirely with her looks at least she thought so. Just looking at her made her want to capture the moment and it made her knees weak. Why did she have to be so wierd after just asking to start out as friends?

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 24, 2018 1:55 am

Claire listened to her and gave a small laugh then smiled, "hey relax, Amaya, I promise it's cool and thanks I actually feel a little better about this that you think that about me" she gives the other a nod and turns to look ahead that the line thinking that it was going to be a good bit before they were to get to the front of the line. She actually was okay with waiting for once, normally she'd get a little annoyed with having to wait in a line mainly because she'd have an upset child with her, but now she was with an attractive woman and the thought of waiting seemed good.

"So what made you want to come by the restaurant today? Was it because you thought you did something wrong? I mean I'd understand it I'd probably do the same thing, but like I said it was more on me and my own problems that keep me from dating" she nods tossing her jacket over her shoulder letting it hang there as she cups her hands together in front of her and fidgets with her fingers.