Something New (Veilstar)

CrashJr

Something New (Veilstar)

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 09, 2018 6:12 am

The lunch seemed to finally calm down and with it Claire took the moment to finally sit down next to the fan in the back of the kitchen. "That was hell" she said aloud as she let her head lay back, her red hair went to fall back but caught in the hairnet she was wearing. Her chef's jacket covered in sweat and grime, her skin looked red from the heat and fire.

"Aye, boss lady, you lookin rough" a tall heavyset Hispanic man says with a chuckle, he too looked to have had a long shift along with Claire.

"You know I hate you calling me that, Ray, just call me by my name...or Chef" Claire smiles up at the man. "So I meant to ask how's the wife and little RJ?" she ask sitting up straight to look at her co-worker and friend.

"Meh that little shit brought home a girl and tried pulling as 'she's just a friend' card...I caught the little idiot dry humping that poor girl...but I will give it to him she was a good looker for a high school girl" Ray says with a laugh, Claire did enjoy listening to the stories that Ray would tell of his son Ray Jr. who is currently 15. "As for Jasmine, she's good really just went out to visit her sister...that woman just had another kid." he nods.

"Another? That's what her 7th?" Claire asked confused.

"8th...the last birth was twins...I would say something but then her sister would say that I'm just a self hating Mexican...whatever the hell that means" he shrugs and takes a drink of water. "So how's Jake?"

"Jake's good...just getting to be a handful really. My dad called after he picked him up from school and told me that he was asking about why he didn't have two parents like all of his friends" she sighs softly.

"Well you know that means you need to try to date or something...hell I got a cousin...no wait she's a crazy bitch....hey you should try that speed dating thing I heard that they do it every Friday night a couple blocks away" he nods.

"No thank you...Jake's dad fucked me up so I'm not doing that" she shakes her head and stands as a bell dings. "You take a break, I'll take this order, alright" she says walking over to the window and begins to fix the plate of food.

Veilstar
Gold

Re: Something New (Veilstar)

Post by Veilstar » Wed May 09, 2018 2:39 pm

The room was dimly lit as flashes of light filled the small space. People were moving to and fro around the room each having their own job. There were about three different shoots happening at once it would seem. All working for the same magazine, nothing special just a local one that didn't get much notice. People were arguing the models were being divas like usual. Amaya was standing amongst the crowd speaking to her boss, handing in the latest assignment. With the commotion the big lady herself had to come down and oversee this little party. That ment the normally antisocial as of late photographer had to come down and be trampled by the growing crowd.

" May, splendid work as usual sweetie. I know you wanted the next assignment already but I think you should sit down and relax a bit." Spoke an older woman that looked to be about in her late thirties. Some would think she was a model herself but she was just retired, creating a career running a small magazine company. In her hand was Amaya's latest assignment and the smaller, younger woman never failed to please with her shots.

" I just want to focus on work right now Kimi. I need the distraction." Amaya held a tiny bit of sorrow in her voice but managed to not let it show through.

" Darling it's been a week and a half since that loser left. Since then you've thrown yourself into work. Get out there! Have some fun being single, experiment!" The older woman had a much louder and cheery voice as she seemed to be using over the top hand gestures." You're a pretty thing. Smart, good looking, a full package. I mean c'mon sweetheart you're still a virgin! Either way...you're taking a small bit of time off. I have this thing you're going to." The woman named Kimi was trying to be sly with the smirk on her lips as she pulled the younger girl into a hug.

Amaya of course caught on to what was going on and gave a loud audible sigh as she tried to guilt her friend and boss into letting her work." Please no Kimi....and don't say that..people will ask questions if you go spouting details like that. You know how Alex was..Plus I'm a silly little camera nerd." Maya did her usual thing of putting herself down but the boss lady wasn't falling for those tricks of hers. She'd been trying to get Amaya to do something since the girl had been dumped.

" You're going sweetie and that's final alright. It's a speed dating thing a friend of mine set up. It'll be great just go and have a good time and meet people. Maybe sleep with one or two or all of them just have fun. There's a lot of people that are into nerdy girls. Now go! You have a few days off to get that pretty little head on straight!" Kimi was clear and authoritative with her employee as she started pushing the smaller girl towards the door. Before letting her say anything Maya was back onto the lot and the was closed behind her.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked down at the ticket she'd been given by Kimi. It was for the speed dating thing and the young woman just slumped her shoulders. It'd been a week a half since Alex had dumped her sorry butt. For five years the two had been together, high school sweethearts if you will. To be a little frank Amaya was fed up with guys..Alex had been trying to get one thing from her. She never gave it up because of the way he acted but now that ruined everything. Now she was all alone...Alex had just upped and left one morning with all of his stuff. A text saying they were through. A text...didn't even have the guts to say it in person. Since then the tanned skin woman has fallen into a pit of sorrow and loneliness that she's been filling with work. Basically she's done more assignments within that week that most do in six months which worried Kimi a great deal.

A small sigh escaped the young woman's lips as she walked over to her simple sky blue truck. Yes she was girl that drove a truck. Turning the car on Amaya simply drove away trying to figure out if she'd really go through with this. Kimi had paid money for this...She hated to see money going to waste like that..
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 10, 2018 2:13 am

Stretching as the cool night air hit her skin, Claire smirked as she finally was free of work for the weekend. The head Chef, Armando, had given her the weekend off due to Mothers Day, his words were "you work too much, sweetheart, take some time and enjoy motherhood". She had to admit that even if the man was a jackass most of the time he was genuinely sweet when he wanted to be. However, she also figured that Ray had something to do with it, the main reason to think it was that he didn't tell her to take the time off until after Ray had talked to him on break. She shrugged at the thought though and made her way to her car.

Nearly half an hour later she pulls up her drive to be met by her Dad waiting for her by his car, he had a lit cigarette between his lips. "Ahoy, there pumpkin" he smiles giving her a wave. Her dad, Jacob, was a bit of a wild card, he was always off trying something new as Claire grew up and most of the time he would take her on his trips; however, as he grew older and Claire had Jake the old man seemed to calm down a bit, but he would still take the occasional trip out of the country or go out with another woman every other week. Now, however, he was taking car of Jake while Claire worked the morning and afternoons at the restaurant.

"Hey dad, Jake in bed?" She ask getting out of the car.

"Yup, took reading the little fella the story of the time I climb Everest to put him down but he's sound asleep" he laughs, but seeing the look on Claire's face showed that she had something on her mind. "You look rough, kiddo, long day?"

"Yeah...and some of the guys at work told me about some stupid dating thing going on...I even found this in my locker" she chuckles lightly showing her father the yellow voucher as she leaned next to him. "I mean yeah it sounds fun, but I'm happy just raising Jake and working I don't need anything else" she nods with a sigh.

Laughing again, her dad handed the voucher back to her. "Go and experience life, kiddo, before you know it it'll pass ya by. So go take a shower and change and if you need go chug some coffee." the older man nods rubbing her head.

"No I'm good believe me dad" she nods and stands going to walk inside, but she's stopped when her dad grabs her shoulder.

"Kid, either you go and enjoy yourself or I'm going...either way I want both of us to be smiling by the end of the night...and well I always have a smile" he smirks and lets go of her shoulder.

Thinking about it she lets out a frustrated sigh and nods before walking inside and heading up to her room. She was tired, but at the same time she was wide awake and she figured her dad was right, it couldn't hurt to check it out. Plus it had been...a little over 7 years since she had any kind of relations and maybe this could be a good way to relief stress. She gave a small smile as she hopped in the shower she washed away the dirt and grime of the day. The before long she walked out of the bathroom and changed into a pair of jeans, a plain green shirt and a light jacket. Looking herself over she had to admit that she was a good looking woman, although she wouldn't say it aloud. The only thing left to do she figured was makeup, something she never really put on so she figured just go natural.

Walking out of her room she was met by the grinning face of her father, "Glad to see I didn't have to drag you down there myself" he chuckles lightly and turns to walk down the stairs. "Now you're an adult so you come home when you feel like it...and if you get lucky take them to the hotel on 8th and Hampton Street...just tell Joyce at the front desk you're my daughter and she'll give you a discount on a room" he nods. Claire wanted to say something at the statement, but decided not to and just follow her dad down stairs. "Well you have fun and don't worry if something happens Grandpa Jacob is here" he nods puffing out his chest.

"Right...so yeah...I guess I'll be going" she nods and with a gulp of nervousness she heads back out to her car and begins the drive back to the downtown area. Luckily finding the place was easy as it was lit up with the sign, 'Singles Night...Speed Dating'. Shaking her head she walked inside and was a little surprised with how full the lobby was, men and women of different ages are walking around and talking.

"Hello welcome to Speed Dating, ma'am, can have your name and your preference?" a young girl, whom looked to be about 19, asked walking over with a clip board that had a stack of blank name tags on them.

"Umm...Claire and...I'm bi" she shrugs.

"Okay...well would you like to be in the straight or gay speed dating tonight? Sorry we're still figuring the Bisexual and Pansexual speed dating ideas out...I apologize, ma'am." the young girl nods writing down Claire's name on the blank name tag.

"Women's I guess" she shrugged again feeling nervous.

"Okay...I'll have you in...okay Room Group 4, I hope you have fun this evening, ma'am" the young girl smiles and hands her the name tag before disappearing into the crowd again.

Hayesowenpare

Post by Hayesowenpare » Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 am

Hi

Sent from my KFAUWI using Role Playing Forums v4.1.5.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 10, 2018 3:12 am

After hurrying off from the studio Amaya already had bloody butterflies dancing in her stomach. Was it really alright to date so soon after a break up like that? These kinds of questions filled the young woman's mind as she rode down the road heading back to her apartment. After the break up she had to move seeing how she didn't want to keep up with the rent for two people. This apartment was a lot more her size. Not that big but big enough to hold all of her memorabilia and stuff like that. It was mostly stuff Alex hadn't wanted her to show off because it was dorky and nerdy. If she was to be a little honest the relationship had been on thin ice since day one. Still she thought the man cared about her and was willing to look past some things.

A sigh escaped her lips as she drove down the road, turning on the radio and turning it to one of those old timey stations. She was a girl that enjoyed the classics. The butterflies eased up a little as the music flowed through and she started dancing a little in her seat. Alex always made fun of her for it but she couldn't help but go with the flow when the music hit her soul. With the help of music she seemed to arrive home quicker than usual. That mostly was just her having fun dancing but she liked to think of crazy things sometimes. Taking the steps slowly She opened the door to her apartment and slowly stepped inside. It still felt odd to be here but she was slowly getting used to it. Amaya opened her mouth to tell her boyfriend she was home but it slowly came back that she was alone in the place.

For a few second she let the loneliness sink in. The sound of her phone going off breaking her from her spell. It had been a text from Kimi making sure the girl was getting ready for her speed dating thing she set up." Ah..." The small sound left Maya's lips as she remembered that little thing she promised she'd go to. Slowly a text was sent back stating she was hopping in the shower now and then heading out. Letting her phone slide onto the table the tanned skinned woman drop her stuff into a chair and hopped in the shower. She took a bit longer than usual letting the hot water wash away her worries for tonight. Then she spent some time in the mirror trying to build herself up, finding her strong points and what not.

At last she peeled the towel off and swiftly put on a new set of clothes. Nothing fancy or anything, she didn't really like dolling herself up for anything. Honestly she hated the feeling of make up on her skin so she opted out of it tonight. Looking in the mirror once again she stared back at herself in a fluffy tan sweater that mixed rather well with her skin, with a simple set of jeans that didn't hug her much at all. Comfy. That was her style usually.

With the clothing out of the way and her short hair a little wet she gathered her bag and stuff. By the time she reached he truck the little butterflies were back again as she followed the address on the voucher. How did she let Kimi drag her into this thing? Oh yeah because it was rare to hear her say no to something. Stupid pushover. Shaking her head and spraying herself with a little water that shook off her hair she pushed those thoughts out of her mind." This is good for you Maya. You got to get over this.." Amaya spoke to herself as she looked into her mirror at herself. Before she knew she pulling up at a place with a big sign talking about the speed dating tonight. Taking a deep breath she parked and walked in, her head aimed a bit more towards the ground than she hoped.

A young woman around her age came running over the moment she stepped in through the door. She offered a kind smile before asking her a few details like her name and preference. For a moment Maya stood thinking as she looked over towards a guy that was staring at her. He gave a wink and looked back towards the girl with a sigh." Amaya and women thank you." Amaya spoke with a clear voice as she decided no men tonight. The last one was a pure dick and she didn't want the same thing happen. It was kinda funny seeing how she didn't really thinking about dating a women depsite knowing she found them attractive.

The young lady thanked her for coming, gave her a name tag and ushered towards an area with other women. Amaya couldn't help but look a little nervous as she shy as she stood off more towards the side. Her eyes mainly being aimed at the floor than the other women there. The dating scene had never ever been her thing and it wasn't like that was going to change so easily.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 10, 2018 4:06 am

Claire let out a sigh as she walked over to another woman who had the same Room Group number on her name tag and just stood there assuming that they would be called or something. "New here?" the woman next to her gave Clair a smile, "name's Beka it's my third time here...it's actually pretty entertaining" the woman laughs lightly. She looked older then Claire, if she'd have guessed she looked to be in her early 30's, but even with the age the woman looked confident with her short dyed platinum hair, sleeveless denim button up, black skinny jeans, and her checkered converse.

"Claire and yeah first time here" she nods offering her hand to the other woman, "so what usually happens here?" she ask as the other woman shakes her hand in return.

"Normally it's a group of 20 to 30 people with each room group and it takes about 2 hours. They give you three cards at the beginning, the rate card where you rate your date then they give you a green and a red card..." she nods crossing her arms. "depending on if the chair they set you in will mean if you get to sit at the same table all night or if you move from table to table."

"Okay...what do the red and green cards mean?" Claire ask a little confused as to why she'd just skip over them.

"Oh duh sorry I skip things sometimes...red means to end the date because you feel uneasy while green means that you want to stay at your table for another rotation. But honestly between you and me no one uses the red card in our room group...hell I'm sure this is just used as an easy way for women to hook up together" she shrugs.

"What you're actually looking for someone?" she ask with a smirk feeling like she was back at work talking to her friends.

"When you're a Jewish woman in her 30's random hookups are the farthest things from your mind" she chuckles, "plus I wanna bring home someone to meet my family. So what about you?" she ask.

"I honestly am here because my friends and dad told me to come...I got a son and I told them I'm happy with it just being him and I but that's not good enough" she shrugs nervously.

Beka laughs a little, "well if it helps you can honestly say you met a cool bad ass bank teller tonight" she nods with a smirk. Before she could reply the sound of a buzzer rings out and the group begin to enter the room. Claire gives a wave to Beka as she makes her way to around the room until she finds her name placed in front of a chair with the label 'Date-ee'. She gives a shrug figuring that means that she was going to be sitting at the table the entire time.

Placed on the table was a stack of card, picking them up and looking them over she found that they were 'Small Talk' cards that had different questions that could be asked. She just shook her head and looked across the room to find her new friend was also a 'Date-ee', she took a mental note to remember to grab the older woman's number before she left just to hang out.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 10, 2018 4:41 am

Amaya looked like a lost puppy as as stood somewhat near people with the same number as her. Why did she let Kimi rope her into this crazy little thing? She could already see people eyeing her up as she stared there looking like a deer in a headlight. Maybe joining the lesbian side was a bit to much for her first time...then again it was likely to be much worst on the straight side.. most of the woman here looked nice, certainly most looked attractive and confident. A small sigh escaped her lips as she looked hopelessly around the room trying to figure out what was going on. It was a small blessing as someone nearby was new and another woman started explaining things to her. Eavesdropping was normally a bad thing but she needed to know what was going to happen and she was to nervous to say anything.

After a few more moments of just standing there acting as eye candy for a few people the buzzer sounded. That ment things were going to start right? Amaya went along with everyone else into the room as people were shuffling about to find their spots. The shy photographer placed her head in her hands as it turned out she was a date-er meaning she was going to be the one moving. Why couldn't she have dated more people in high school!? Atleast then she might have experience and know what to say during these things! Taking a deep breath she tried to calm her thoughts as the person that was going to stay at her table showed up. Maya kinda wanted to run as her first date was with one of the older looking woman who'd bee staring at her.

This date went out quite awkwardly as the woman went straight into asking to hook up. That wasn't the younger woman's thing so she tried to politely say no. The older woman kept trying to seduce and convince her with what little time she had. When the buzzer sounded to move on the smaller girl jumped out of the seat and scurried off. Her first date and she was already blushing and having a slight meltdown. This was going to be a fun night..

Some more time passed as Amaya was forced to go around and be awkward with a few other women. Some wanted to just hook up while others were kinda nice about the whole thing. There was one woman who'd been really nice and just gave her a moment to calm down and explain things. She made a note to give the woman named Beka a good rating for being so kind to her. At least now she felt a little better and bit more at ease with this whole thing. The young woman offered a small shy smile towards the next person she was to "date" for the next few minutes. Her date now turned to be a young woman around her age maybe? She was rather beautiful with the bits of tattoos that were exposed, the light jacket and green shirt looked kinda cute as well.

" ah...umm Hey, I'm Amaya..I'm new to um dating..forgive my fumbling about." Amaya's tone was soft and sweet as she gave a small head now towards the person she was to date. Hopefully this one would end much better than all the other ones. Kimi is gonna kill her if she showed up and didn't end up doing anything with any of the other singles.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 am

As the 'dating' began Claire was left a little stunned and amused as most of the women that came to her table were, like Beka said, there for a hook up. One woman, she had to be in her late 30's, actually purred at Claire and gave her the nickname Kitten. Claire simply just rolled her eyes at the woman and just joked with the woman. With each rotation Claire did start to have more fun, being it because she was enjoying the show that some of the woman were causing, but she'd only give them low ratings simply because she wasn't into them.

However, as another ration happened she looked up to see a woman around her age, if not just a little younger, walking over and sitting across from her. She looked pretty cute and it actually caught Clair off guard a little, and when she introduced herself it took a moment for her to reply. "Hi...I'm Claire, it's nice to meet you. Yeah it's...it's my first time doing this too so you're okay" she laughs lightly at the other woman's shyness.

"So family or friends put you up to this?" she asks with a smile and she leans on the table a little finding herself genuinely curious to know about the other woman's story.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 10, 2018 1:33 pm

A sigh of relief escaped from Amaya's lips by accident when the other woman stated it was her first time too. Maybe the two could actually chat instead of one of them trying to seduce and sleep with the other." It's nice to...um..meet you too Claire..mhhmmmhmm" Amaya did her best to stifle a small giggle at first as she said the name Claire. She always did that seeing as her last name was Sinclair she thought that was aa funny coincidence." Sorry..sorry. mhmmhm habit of mine silly habit. My last name is Sinclair..so it think it's always neat and funny to meet someone named claire. Really sorry." It was odd but already she was loosening up around this girl and trying to make out her own stupid joke. The Claire thing was started by her father and to keep the joke alive she couldn't help but giggle or chuckle thinking about the things he'd say.

The young woman quieted her laughter and gaze in front at the lovely older woman before her that asked her a question. She held a tiny smile as she looked towards a window, a slightly large building could be seen through the window with the magazine's logo on it." Well...a childhood family friend whom happens to be one of my bosses kinda...forced me to heheh. Not forced but well she bought me the ticket and I...kinda hate seeing money be wasted so..I um came. I ah..kinda got dumped...after a five year relationship..by text..soooo...how about you?" Amaya did her best to keep her sweet and friendly tone alive but as she reached that last bit it died down. It thankfully came back as she tried to bounce back by aiming the question back at Claire. This time it was her turn to lean forward a little to listen, she was intrigued how she ended up here. Claire did have amazing looks after all.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

As the other woman seemingly fumbles over the explanation of why she giggled at her name, which normally Claire wouldn't even give the time of day to someone like that; but, this woman, there was something about her that made her actually enjoy the dorky woman's explanation. "Yeah that is actually pretty cool, I was mainly named after my great grandmother, Claire Margaret McLaughlin." She smiles a little, "I wish there was a better story but it being pure Irish explains my red hair" she nods confidently. She paused and followed Amaya's look to the window and she gave a nod as the woman explained as to why she was here.

A small sigh escaped her lips as she thought about her own issues. She looked back down to the table before looking up with a shrug, "well I'm here because of friends from work and my dad. In truth I was a little nervous to be here because in all honesty I've been refusing to date since my son was born. Right...I have a 7 year old son, and like I said I refused to date simply because I thought I'd only need it being him and I. His dad took off a long time before he was born so since then I haven't really felt the need to date or have anyone in my life." she nods with a soft smile. "Umm...sorry to unload like that, I guess because you did it I felt the need to" she laughs lightly.