Survival (Veilstar)

CrashJr

Re: Survival (Veilstar)

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 am

Letting out a low grunt Zoe slumped against the wall of the supply closest on the main floor, she panted and sweat a little as she slide to the floor feeling a lot better. Yet at the same time she felt guilty, but she refused to act on any of her feelings after having lost Jess last year. Wiping her forehead and calming herself a little she slowly exited the closest and walked around the main level for a few minutes before growing bored and heading back downstairs to see what all Luna was up to.

Entering the area they had set up for their room she raised a brow and looked around, "Luna?" she calls out while walking around only stopping at hearing the slight growling. With a small chuckle she figured the other girl was doing something that she didn't want her to see so Zoe just turned and walked back to their room to ready them a meal of Corned Beef Hash and a bag of chips each.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 am

Luna spent a good deal of time down in her little workshop as she tried to get her gift to actually worked. Leaving electrical engineering up to a young teenager likely wasn't a good thing but there wasn't anyone to stop her. Eventually the thing started to atleast make some kind of sound and as time went by more progress was being made. Now there was just one tiny issue the albino hadn't thought. As far as she knew neither of had the disc thingies that the player used to make sound. The currently inside was all busted up thanks to a...tiny tantrum...She had after ripping her clothes a little more. Now parts of her legs were showing and one shoulder slipped out of her shirt due to lack of fabric.

The player worked at the very least. Maybe when they went to look for those things called movies they'd find the disc thingies. Now there was one last thing Luna had to do with this contraception before anything else. She had to give to Zoe without seeming weird or anything like that. Simply at the thought of giving Zoe a gift a wave of heat flushed over her and a feeling of anger rushed through her system. Yeah...She got angry sometimes when dealing with this strange feeling she got either thinking about or being around Zoe. Why did this happen? She had no idea why she was like that around her or what it was she was supposed to do about it.

Finally after a few moments of letting steam escape her ears the young albino picked up the player. Carefully she walked down the hall and into the bunk area where the two of them slept together. Slowly she set the thing on top of her friends bunk as she turned and walked over towards her. From there she sat down and began going over her reading lessons Zoe had given her for the week.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 am

Zoe smiled a little looking up from were she was laying as she saw Luna, "hey, sounded like you were working hard" she laughed playfully and sat up nodding to the small table she'd set up as a dinner table for them. "I made lunch...it's more then normal but I figured that we've worked hard and figured that it'd be okay to do it every so often" she nods and gets up walking to the table and sitting on her side, "The chips are a little stale, but it's better then nothing but the corned beef hash is actually pretty good" she smiles and begins to eat by scooping some hash onto a chip and biting into it with a satisfying crunch.

Glancing over at Luna she raises an eyebrow a little confused as to way the other girl had more tears in her clothes, but with a sigh she decides not to ask knowing that it happens when the other girl gets frustrated with something. She just made a mental note to find a car so they can get around easier and take more supplies from place, the big one including clothes for her.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Luna felt her cheeks warming up as Zoe made her little playful joke, of course she made a lot of noise. Things weren't quiet with her unless she really wanted them to be. Her issues made her have trouble with things and that trouble turned into frustrations. Then it just became a big circle of things getting worse and her mood only getting worse as well. Her gaze shifted over towards the table as she licked her lips as the food that had already been set up. Messing with that player thingie did give he an appetite. Luna didn't wait to walk over and sit on her side of the table eyeing the food and then looking at Zoe. Her friend had a sheen of sweat still on her skin and her body seemed a little tired or something?

" Food looks good still. Clothes ripped...Messing with tools..check bed later...working out?" Luna's disorganized speech patterns came back as she jumped from one topic to another. Her cheeks turning a small shade of pink asking her to check out her bed later. She was looking forward to hearing what her friend thought about the gift she worked so hard to make. It was worth ripping a few clothes to make, what was showing skin to her? Happily she reached out and grabbed a chip following the same motions as Zoe did a moment ago. This kind of eating was new to her. She took a bite and let out a small hum at how good it tasted. She was happy and didn't mind if they had a little more for lunch, it was as her companion said the two of them worked hard to make this place a home.

The albino found herself smiling at the thought this being a home. The books she read said things about a home being a place where you had someone special. Zoe was special wasn't she? She made Luna feel like a human and not an animal anymore, she made the wamr feeling flood her chest and stomach." Luna is...I..I mean I'm looking forward to these movie things you mentioned before. Thank you also...for making me feel...human..." Luna had a shy tone to her voice as she barely looked up to stare Zoe in the eyes and smiling ever so gently and sweetly.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 pm

"A work out...yeah I did have one you can say" she nodded with slight embarrassed smile as she continued to eat her food in silence. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk or anything it was just that for the first time in over a year she honestly felt safe enough to sit down and eat a meal, be it in a basement, but in a secured basement.

She looked up as Luna joined her at the small table and smiled as the girl seemed to copy her eating habits, it was honestly cute to see. Looking back to her food she continued to eat at the semi-warm food, but a lingering feeling seemed to hang in the air and she felt it heavy as if the two girls were not speaking for two different reasons. However, before she could mention it Luna spoke both making Zoe nod and blink confused.

"I'm glad you're looking forward to watching things, but what do you mean thanks for treating you like a human? You are human...and my friend" she grins reaching over the small table to squeeze the other's hand for a moment before pulling away again. "And I guess I should thank you then too...it's been a long time since I could trust anybody after what happened." she says softly and looks down at her food poking at the remains with a little chip.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri May 18, 2018 12:16 am

For a moment Luna was confused by her friend upon hearing her answer about the work out. What did she mean by that? The smaller girl didn't speak up following her friend's eating pattern as this way of eating was new. She kinda liked following and doing the things Zoe did some times as to her it was closer to being human. Following someone that did think of themselves as an animal and following their lead. She was happily able to eat the food despite the chips being a little stale. Luna would eat most things honestly if it was edible, she wasn't picky in the slightest. In order to survive you had to be willing to do and eat things most wouldn't just to get by. That didn't really seem to count for much though, Zoe knew how to make a great meal with what they had. The only thing she knew how to fix was meat from hunting wild animals.

Luckily the disease that made the zombies had yet to affect any other animal so that was good. Her eyes shifted from the food and back to her friend as the other girl spoke. The albino found herself smiling hearing those words and then feeling the warmth of Zoe's hand holding hers. Just the enjoyment from that made her cheeks bright pink and her mind was feeling giddy? What was this? Maybe she needed to find something about how bodies worked and stuff like that? Either way the giddy sat inside of her making her blush and smile, oddly enough a tiny giggle had escaped her lips too.

" Not treat...Being around you makes me feel...more human...I feel things...you said the word was emotions. When it was me alone...I didn't feel anything..I followed my instincts and nothing else...you make me feel...wanted to thank you for that." Luna felt the need to correct her friend just so she knew how big this ment to her. She didn't feel like an animal around Zoe she made her feel like a human. Her instincts were there but so were other things now and she followed them instead. Those cheeks were still a bright pink as she started to just nibble at the chips and Corn Beef Hash. For a moment her mind stops and thinks as she looks up at Zoe, her words made her curious." Would mind if I asked what happened?" Luna asked with the same shy tone as before but this time her eyes had a friendliness and softness to them. Zoe had been kind to hear part of her story...it had helped to tell it honestly. Maybe when they were closer she'd mention Her...