Dragon's Rebellion

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Re: Dragon's Rebellion

Post by HoneyBuzz » Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am

Eve didn't bother to answer Aranor's question, letting the circles beneath her red eyes speak for themselves. She had already eaten her food quickly, not wanting to waste time on such meaningless things as food. She glanced around at everyone in the room, as a sort of tension settled in the already thick air. The main chamber was filling with mist, as it often did on these kind of mornings, and it only made the situation all the more stressful for Eve. Travelling in misty conditions in the Chillview forests was less than exciting, considering the amount of creatures that lurked in the trees. There was little magic in these lands, and it seemed that the animals held most of it.

Eve shuddered at the thought of coming face to face with a Direwolf or two, which were known to prowl about in the earlier mornings. It was a risk they had to take, though, as one Direwolf meant little in the face of one Dragon. Sighing, Eve stood up from her chair, letting it drag across the floor as she did so.

"When you're done eating and mentally preparing yourself, gather your things and wait at the exit. Once I have accounted for everyone, we will begin moving. If you want to know anything about the plans, just find me." Finishing her statement, Eve left the dining hall once more. She found herself once again heading outside, towards the town. From here she could see people milling about, already moving on with their daily lives. So isolated and unknowing of what lie just outside their quaint home, Eve almost felt sorry for them. They would soon learn what threats wait in the shadows, as Eve had already some semblance of what the Cult's plans were. Intercepting a letter or two wasn't that difficult, and she understood that the Cult planned on flooding the city with militia this very afternoon. That's why she had already ordered the soldiers that remained in Chillview to march out to the next camp, hidden away within the wilderness, closer to the border with Tarriqa.

Feeling the soothing droplets of mist on her face, Eve continued to walk towards town. She wanted to remove everything from her mind, and simply enjoy nature as it was. Finding a secluded spot near an old frozen pond, Eve knelt down and placed her spear against the ice. Almost immediately the ice began to warm and thaw, and Eve merely watched as cracks began to race across the ice's surface. She enjoyed watching such small things occur, and it reminded her that everything was part of a bigger circle. One could call life a bit of a tapestry; Everyone was a single thread within. But pull just the right thread, and-

Eve pulled her head up, hearing the cracking sounds of branches and ice combined. Quickly she grabbed her spear, removing it from the cracking ice and sliding it back into it's sling. She had been out here for a good six minutes now, and she realized she should be getting back to her duties. Standing up and brushing the grass from her pants, Eve started back for the caves.

_________

Bliss had paid little attention to anybody who entered. She had not met any of the new recruits, save for Arcelia, and she didn't exactly feel like talking to any of them at the moment. Lifting her head up, she brushed back some of her hair behind her ear and listened to Eve's announcement. Bliss herself wasn't too excited to start moving, but she did know what would happen if they didn't; She had stolen the letters off that poor man's corpse, after all. The thought of slaughtering that man brought a small smile to her face. He wasn't the one she was searching for, but he wore the Cult Symbols all the same.

After eating only a small portion of her food, Bliss quickly left the dining hall. The only sound she made was the gentle swaying of her robes, as she began to wander the halls once more. Bliss hated silence, but she hated the soft whispering of people even more. Moving through the halls, she heard people praying and preparing for whatever may come. She herself was not worried, she knew what she could do and what she would do. It pained her just a bit, to be leaving one of the only 'homes' she had known in Ayril. All things had to happen in due time, though, and it appeared this was one of them.

Bliss quietly made her way into the Training Room, a place she rarely visited. Having nothing else to do, she decided now was the best time to practice her skills with her own weapons. Reaching up, she removed the large double-sided glaive that was propped against the wall. It was her own weapon, and it was only slightly taller than herself. It gave her ample reach, as she didn't quite like fighting close quarters. Preparing herself, Bliss uttered a soft blessing before going into a combative stance. Her eyes scanned the dummy, and within seconds she quickly began slicing at the old sack. It was useless practice, but it helped her stop her thoughts from swarming. Every time she paused, a familiar face flashed within her mind, and her anger began to increase. Bliss hated this land and it's people, who seemed to want to do nothing but take and take until they could not take anymore; yet they still tried. These people were not content with what nature gave them, so they put it upon themselves to steal and smuggle whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. The practice could no longer help her, and her thoughts began to swirl in her mind like a whirlwind. Suddenly something stopped her, and she saw a pair of green eyes like her own, staring compassionately at her. Bliss froze, the blade of her glaive buried deep within the sack. Letting it go, she sank to the floor and stayed there, letting her mind continue to whirl.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 am

Marian stirred at the wake up call, stretching and letting out a high pitched yawn. She rose from her bed, causing the book she had been reading when she fell asleep to fall to the ground. The noise made her wince as the spine of the book bent slightly. She picked up her book, examining the damage with sad eyes and a pout. Huffing in frustration, Marian hurried to breakfast with the book tucked underneath her arm. The girl took a seat that gave her enough space to lay the book out to read while she ate. Marian nibbled on her food, not really paying attention to what she was eating, while she read a fairy tale about two dragons who were brothers.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon May 07, 2018 3:26 am

Ramiel entered the dining hall not too long after people began arriving in force, and he quickly caught sight of Marian, his almost coal black eyes sharpened from years hunting elk and other beasts his people normally ate. He made his way to her, sitting down across from her, speaking in a voice that was a bit louder than most people's normal one on one person talking, but nowhere near as loud as his booming yells from yesterday. "You... small blond one. Your name is Marian, yes? Are you the one who shares a room with me?"

He was likely a scary sight for anyone who was meeting him for the first time and didn't know what to expect. He didn't exactly look mean, but his features were tough and rugged, clearly those of someone who was hardened from battle and the roughness of life. His eyes, while a very dark colour, were rather friendly however, and displayed a warmth that was akin to sitting near a warm fire on a cold night.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 pm

The Blonde looked up when Cuyler approached her, her icyblue eyes settling on his face. "The Whistling wolf.. I have heard of you, Cuyler. It is a pleasure to meet you.. my name is Kuyiri. I do know the lovely lady you're talking about, I have made trades with her and I have treated her sickness." Kuyiri's voice was soft and melodic, rarely heard and just audible enough to understand. She was doing her best not to stumble over her words as she spoke to him.
Love, Kitty!

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Mon May 07, 2018 12:38 pm

“Then I see you have met my mother. It is nice to meet you too Kuyiri. We should go eat some breakfast,” He smiled faintly, looking at her eyes. His steely blue ones were contrasting with hers, but they both seemed to pierce.
“You know, you need to gain some confidence in speaking. Once this is all over you’d probably be surrounded by many people.” He looked at her with a grin “So I hope you don’t get too nervous around others.”
Walking into the food room, Cuyler sat down near some of the people already there and began eating his food. Manners wasn’t exactly his forte, so he devoured his food like a beast. Disgusting? No. Primal? Yes.
Looking over at the people around him, he wondered about what he should do next. So he sat and ate, for if anyone were to talk to him, THEY had to reach out to him.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon May 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Marian was so absorbed in her reading that she didn't notice Ramiel until the man spoke. She jumped, startled by the volume of Ramiel's voice. Several coughs tore out of her throat as she accidentally breathed in some of the water she had been drinking. After a few moments of sputtering, the girl spoke in a tiny voice. "Y-yes, I am M-Marian. I-I d-d-don't know why y-y-y-you'd want to t-talk to m-me. You're a-a strong warrior, I-I'm just a researcher. I'm n-nobody worth talking to." Marian shrunk away from Ramiel, hiding her face with the wide brim of her pointy hat.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 am

Ramiel laughed, a deep booming sound, "Young Marian, none who live in this world are not worth talking to. Little Cub and Father Bear would spend countless hours speaking to the birds and the animals around them, even searching for the lowliest worms in the dirt to see how they were. There is life within your heart as it beats. The same red blood courses through these veins of mine as they do your own veins. Is that not something that makes one worth another's time?"

He smiled broadly at her, leaning over to try to catch a glimpse of her text. "What do you read, lass? Few things were written by my people. Appreciating written words is nothing to be ashamed of. If mine people had written more texts...." He trailed off, his eyes going distant for a few brief seconds, "If we wrote more texts, we might not be in this condition, our culture gone, save for one."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

idontevenknow

Post by idontevenknow » Tue May 08, 2018 2:00 am

Einar, who had been eating silently listening to the barbarian stood up slowly, leaving behind his food as he moved towards the large man speaking with the girl. He didn’t wait for any introductions or anything of the sort before simply butting his head into their conversation.

“Savage.” Einar spat at the mans feet, sharp eyes glaring up at the man who was just barely taller. “Your ‘people’ were hardly people at all.” Einar spat once more. “Animals. Mindless, bloodthirsty, animals. The whole damn lot of ‘em. You’d train a hound to write, before you’d teach this one’s kin.” The Viking’s eyes looked the Barbarian up and down quickly. “We’ll never know though will we? Father Bear cares for all life, but apparently not enough to save this one’s tribe...” Einar mocked, his face mainting a look that was hard as the steel that hung on his back.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 am

Ramiel stared silently at Einar as the older man spat and snarled. He sighed, finishing the sausage he had on his plate, and taking a swig of the ale that was in the tankard he had been given before he stood to his feet, staring down at the slightly smaller man. His dark eyes were like obsidian, and showed as much emotion as the dark material would. "I'll give you one chance, pup. I'll allow you to apologize and take back your words, before I rip you limb from limb and send you before the gods as a bloody mess."

He made no motion towards his own great-axe, but the way his posture and the clenching of his body changed so his muscles more closely resembled iron than they did normal human flesh showed there was a massive amount of anger swirling just barely under the reigns of their barbarian host. A single spark would be more than enough to set the two off in a brutal and bloody fight right there, right then, in the middle of the dining hall.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 am

Toryn still sat at his table, undisturbed with Silva at his feet as others trickled in. He ate in peace, content to absorb the information and voices, setting some foods he surmised were edible on a plate on the floor for the tiger. When Eve made her announcement, then promptly left, he rolled his shoulders. It wasn't like he had anything to gather, and he had been mentally prepared since long before stepping foot near Chillview. All seemed well, even the quieter of their group finding conversation. That is, until two of the most chaotic energy sources flared, raising the temperature in the room a few notches. Toryn's head swung at the same time as he felt Silva shift, tensing. They knew when a bloodshed was nigh better than most.

Toryn slowly rose from his seat, stepping around the bench and bringing his staff down with a resounding thud against the stone floor. Silva was immediately at his side, prowling around his legs warily.

"Gentleman... Yer conflict es not fer these halls. Remember yer purpose here." His voice was just as calm as ever, but now carried an odd resonating thrum, carrying across the distance. Toryn was not what one would call intimidating, despite his height, not by a long stretch. But he had presence, the kind of presence that made wild beasts still. It didn't prickle or threaten, burn or simmer. It was just quietly, undeniably there, heavy and watchful. As if hearing a far away noise, Toryn's head twitched.

"We depart soon. Now es hardly the time fer fighting amongst ourselves. Lower your hackles and focus on the greater threat, and if ye must have blood, let it be the that of Unia's vassals."

With a dip of his head, the tamer left to seek the exit Eve had told them to find when they were ready. He didn't care for intervening in other's affairs, but if they were going to stop the lunatic Father, there was no point in killing each other before their journey even began. Navigating his way to the cave exist by following air drafts and the smell of fresh air, Toryn stepped out into the open and breathed deep, before settling against one stone outcrop, Silva padding into the snow behind him with quiet crunches, and plopping onto her haunches at his side.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread