Dragon's Rebellion

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Re: Dragon's Rebellion

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Eve rolled her eyes and let out a surprised yelp when Naqi prodded her forehead. "Hey, I'm allowed to worry!" She said, before rising from the chair she had been sat in. When Galliad came bursting into the room, Eve slowly made his way to where he had went to, seeing Ophelia somewhat awake. She froze, suddenly uncertain of what to do or to say to the girl who betrayed her, and then was betrayed herself. Her jaw tensed once more for a moment as her mind flashed with the images, but she quickly regathered herself. "I'm glad you made it through, Ophelia." Her voice was soft, and she looked more than ecstatic her friend had pulled through. She'd discuss the 'terms' of her injuries later, when the two were in private again.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 am

Aranor glanced at Tory, recognizing him as one of the newer recruits. He looked back at the fire, and he thought for a few moments, "I can't say for certain, I have not checked in with the medical staff about the condition of those who were injured in the fighting. I imagine we will likely leave later today, or at some point tomorrow."

He was not sure what idea he was in favour of, leaving soon or taking their time. The longer they waited, the more restless they would become, the more Unia would be prepared and would raid them, and the longer Eve had to deal with her curse. It WOULD allow them to heal up fully though, which rushing wouldn"t allow, and they weren't as well trained as Unia's armies. They likely couldn't handle a full fledged traditional war. They would be SWAMPED with sheer numbers, as well as far superior equipment and training. There were costs and benefits to both ideas.

Ramiel raised an eyebrow, looking at Saul. "You and Kuyi are fueding? You don't know if you did or said anything to offend her? Speak poorly of her to a potential mate? Mock her for her appearance? Make an unwanted comment about her body?" Ramiel really didn't get offended EVER really. The idea of words hurting like a blade never made sense to him, but he knew some could be hurt by words or non-violent acts. He wanted all the info before he went poking at a wasp's nest.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:49 am

Saul shook his head, frustrated. "I don't think so. We were on speaking terms before the battle, then got separated. Afterwards we mostly worked on treating the wounded, Toryn and I slept together, and then I tried to give the commander a piece of my mind for her recklessness. I can't imagine any of that causing distress."

He paused to think it over, puzzled. "Perhaps she thought it was unprofessional of me?" he hazarded. Kuyiri did seem to keep a professional distance from most people: perhaps he'd inadvertently embarrassed her by association when he'd confronted Eve. Oh dear; he hadn't thought that Eve would've spoken about it, considering how personal that conversation had gotten, but Saul could concede that he hadn't thought it out well.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:05 am

Ramiel stared at Saul like he was the dumbest person around. "Saul.... Those things you just said.... Most of them would anger most people. You acted in an extremely unprofessional manner when you spoke to Eve like that. She is your commander, you are a medic. You don't go "giving the commander a piece of your mind." You have your place in the rebellion, just like I do."

He then sighed deeply, "More importantly.... YOU SLEPT WITH SOMEONE SHE'S LIKELY INTERESTED IN! She's probably upset and hurt by how fast you and Toryn are getting so quickly. Even a child could figure out where you made a mistake when given those options, Saul."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am

Saul leaned back a little, a flush of embarrassment heating his face. "Believe me, I know that I should not have spoken to Eve like that; it was a mistake. She knows that I know it was a mistake," he said quickly, wanting to end that line of thought as quickly as possible. The less said about that particular conversation, the less chance of letting slip information he'd been asked to keep private.

Then the second part of what Ramiel said caught up to him. His flush deepened, the sides of his face and neck probably beginning to tint pink. "She never said- I didn't know she was interested in him like that." Things were beginning to make a horrible amount of sense, though. Oh dear. Now that he thought about it, most of the hostility that simmered between them stirred up when Toryn was also around: he hadn't realized the other man had been a factor.

"And in my defense, it was him who asked me. I know that we've lived very different lives, but where I'm from it is not considered a big deal," he said, a bit offended that Ramiel was acting like it should have been obvious that taking a nap with Toryn was such a misstep. "We're not... I didn't intend..." he trailed off, his expression turning slightly pleading. "I didn't realize that it was a big deal here."

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:44 am

Ramiel sighed, shaking his head, "I understand where you come from May be different, but where I come from those two things would have earned you challenges go duel to the death. A certain amount of respect is needed towards a leader, no matter what. The leader can make mistakes, but it's never the place of the common person to be disrespectful, and it sounds like that's what you were."

He then stared at Saul, almost disbelieving in regards to the second thing he said. "Saul! You two were fine before the battle. Then you went and fucked Toryn, and you were out of line and disrespectful towards Eve. Mistakes can be made Saul, but you need to explain yourself and apologize. Even if you didn't mean it, it sounds like you hurt and offended Kuyiri. Just try to fix whatever mistake was made."

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:07 am

"Believe me, I know. Eve made it..." he flinched, very slightly, shoulders hunched. "She made it extraordinarily clear how lucky I am to still be among the living after that. I have absolutely no intention of provoking her temper like that again." Privately, he still thought he'd been more right than not about Eve's deception, but that wasn't exactly something he could argue with to Ramiel. And in either case... perhaps the man had a point. Going to talk to her with his head full of righteous hurt and anger had not been his wisest move. "I can make an apology to her, if you think it's best."

He blinked. Wait, what had Ramiel just said?

"I- I fucked Toryn?" Saul froze in shock, his eyes wide. He didn't realize he'd raised his voice, and hastily lowered it, unable to keep the agitation from his face. "When did that happen? I only remember us taking a nap together!"

Had he- No. No. Saul was no mind reader, but he was a good enough judge of character to know that Toryn was not the type of man to take advantage of someone while they slept. And if he was, Kuyiri surely wouldn't have been angry at Saul for that.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 am

Naqi watched as Eve brushed past her to go to the woken girl, and her own eyes fell on the bundled up figure. She knew her to be alright, at least physically, and as two who knew her were now at her side, the healer decided it best to leave the three alone. Especially with whatever tension lay between Eve and the injured. Whatever had happened to leave the girl with a hole through her sternum couldn’t have been pleasant. Naqi let out a gusty breath and picked up a pile of bandages to take for washing.

“Talk as long as you like, but get her off the ground and be mindful of the other patients, alright?” She called as she headed for the exit. Ducking out of the tent into the chill air, the tall individual took a moment to orient herself. As she headed off for the washing barrels, she spotted a nervous looking girl with hair the color of fine ash. Her head tilted, and Naqi came to a pause.

“Are you searching for something?” She asked, adjusting her grip on her bundle.

-<>-

Toryn nodded to Aranor’s reply, bending to rest the kettle on a chair to relieve the weight while he stood. It made sense, they had lost time with the battle and subsequent recovery, something they could ill afford in their predictament. He rolled his shoulders, face turning up to try and gave the position of the sun from the direction of its heat.

“The carts survived, so the wounded should be able te travel as needed.” he murmured, half as much to himself as in response to the commander’s query. At the familiar presence, he raised his head and nodded in greeting.

“A fair morn, lass.” He said, smiling slightly as he hedged the kettle again. He’d need to get back before the tea cooled, or it would be of little comfort. Silva huffed and rose, immediately trotting over to rub against Kuyiri’s legs and grumble fondly, as if she could sense her down spirits. Unaware of her size as ever, she rested her big head on the medic’s knee, staring up at her expectantly.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 am

Kuyiri grumbled a reply towards Toryn, getting pulled out of her thoughtful state by a heavy, soft head resting on her knees. She looked down to see Silva, rubbing against her legs. The silverhaired medic smiled softly and began to pet the tiger, playing with its fur a little as she did. She enjoyed the feeling and didn't mind the animal's size or weight. It was even a little comforting to be honest, and she couldn't help but cheer up a little as the white tiger distracted her from it's owner. It's not like Toryn could see her expression anyways. Silva seemed to enjoy it, deep purrs heard from her.

Niriana's head shot up when a random woman spoke up, looking around at first to see if she was indeed talking to the teal-eyed girl. Upon realization that she was being meant by these words, the girl flushed a soft pink, unaure of how to answer. "I-I'm looking for my sister, Ca-Carmen." The girl mumbled sheepishly, rubbing her arm a little as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Was she in trouble? Was she not allowed to stay atound that part of the camp? The ashenhaired girl looked around and noted that was probably not the case, nevertheless she continued seeming a little on edge. Her eyes wandered back to the woman who spoke to her, hoping for some kind of answer.
Last edited by KittycatCookie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love, Kitty!

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 am

Eve merely nodded and quickly lifted Ophelia from the ground, placing her back into bed. Her arms burned like they had that night, and she couldn't help but wince when she pulled away. "Galliad, see to it she's comfortable." Her voice was cold as she turned away, shoulders tensed slightly. "When you feel fine to walk, Ophelia, meet me in my tent." Briskly she walked out after Naqi, briskly passing by her as she made her way to the fire. With her eyes lowered she moved past the others, patting Aranor's shoulder lightly as she sat down near him. Her eyes locked onto Cuyler for a moment as she gave a simple nod in greeting, before looking to Kuyiri and Toryn.

"Kuyiri, I never thanked you for healing me after the battle." Her voice was soft and calm once more, like she hadn't just thought about her own friend's betrayal. "If you ever need anything, please just ask." She gave a brief smile before returning her attention to the fire, leaning back in her chair with her legs crossed. She had slept somewhat well that night, besides the nightmares that plagued her. For some reason she couldn't remember why a certain scene played in her head, but she'd remember eventually. Letting out a small sigh, she glanced back towards the woods with her mouth pursed in thought, but only for a moment. "We'll be leaving a little after noon. Only us." Her voice grew serious as she returned her attention to the others. "We can't go marching in with a full army, it's too predictable. We'll be going alone, just the small group. Hopefully you are all prepared enough?" She asked, her eyes flitting from figure to figure.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧