Dragon's Rebellion

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Re: Dragon's Rebellion

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:31 am

Cuyler heard the explanation for the entire history, about how it was full of either direct loyalists and traitors. He then saw her motion towards her spear and smiled lightly. "I appreciate your eagerness to kill traitors, except there's something you should realize." he looked outside the tent, hoping nobody had heard them. "Killing me just to be sure doesn't exactly help you at all. It COULD be that it hinders your progress, as it's entirely possible that you need the Left Hand by your side in the final battle. Who knows is beyond me, but it's entirely possible. As for your soul, that's another story..." he then looked at her and her collarbone. "The soul is the key to all of this; if you carry Unia's soul with you, then perhaps your soul can give the opposite effects. Whenever Unia's talks to me, it causes hallucinations and sickness. But since you're Yikato's descendant, although it might be watered down a bit, it could still be possible that yours can talk to mine and help it sway towards yours."
He then stepped away, looking again at the woman. "Maybe there is no pattern. Maybe it was a cheap tactic by Unia to install fear within our bloodline. This could explain why my family has stood away from yours as much as possible. Perhaps our souls are more fragile than others, but I can assure you; I am no traitor."
Please join my roleplays:
http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8581

Avatar made by the magnificent Killer Ice Cream

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 am

Saul nodded, relived but still a bit tense. "Right, thank you. My tent will work," he said, gesturing for Ramiel to follow him. It wasn't a long walk- as little as Saul liked to be in the midst of a crowd, he always made sure to keep his own tent within shouting distance of the medical tent.

There was a faint but noticeable scent of blood in Saul's tent, seeming to have soaked into the very fabric of the walls: he had once used them as an emergency tourniquet once, which might've had something to do with it. It was completely empty apart from a satchel and blanket, and when Saul let the furred cover fall shut over the entrance it became unexpectedly quiet and dim.

Saul sat cross-legged on the floor, scooting over so Ramiel would have room to sit down as well, his hands folded in his lap. "I would like some advice, and you seemed like the best person to ask. It's a purely hypothetical situation, of course." He hesitated slightly. "It's about a woman."

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:44 am

Eve frowned for a moment, her expression still cold and serious. "Cuyler, I don't know you too well. I don't know your family or your ways either, but I know this much; My soul is much more powerful than his, but not for long." Her eyes looked over him, and they flashed for a moment before she turned away and removed her spear, placing it against the wall. Despite all it had been through, not a single scratch had managed to show itself on the spear's perfect surface. Letting out a deep sigh, she winced as she turned too quickly on her heel. "I need you to be stronger than whatever is reaching out to you because I can assure you now, what you are experiencing is multiplied by ten for me." She gave a weary smile, before motioning to the exit of her tent. "Go have a drink, Cuyler. Enjoy your time here, before we have to start moving again. That's an order." Briskly she walked past him, stopping just before she left. "If you need anything else, I'll be around. Just call for me."

Quickly she left, making her way back to the medical tent like Naqi had asked. Despite having not seen the woman in forever, Eve still did as she had asked, seeing as she respected her. Stepping inside, she scanned the tent before seeing her, and slowly made her way over. "Sorry for the intrusion. Important manners always seem to get in the way these days." She said softly, before leaning against the wall a bit. "Where have you been all these years, Naqi? Doing your civic duties?" She asked, her tone slowly becoming more playful. The light circles beneath her eyes and the wary glances were even to show that despite her best attempt at a mask, Eve was not doing too well. Each day, the closer she got to him, her soul was slowly being over-powered. She hadn't realized until the outburst at the Estate, where she had fully let herself succumb to his power. She still scolded herself for it, knowing well and good that it made him all that more powerful. Her eyes glanced towards Ophelia once, and she painfully inhaled as another image of the girl dying in her arms slammed through her mind. "Damn." She mumbled under her breath, letting her eyes flutter open. "Sorry, haven't been doing too well with what happened." She smiled apologetically.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 am

Cuyler nodded, smiling lightly. "Of course, ma'am. I'll make sure I'm stronger that whatever is trying to get to me. As he saw Eve's eyes flashed, he felt a slight headache, but nothing more. Maybe it was just his imagination, but whatever it was, it was scary, and he certainly didn't want to be like it. He then left the tent, somewhat refreshed and invigorated. He finally understood what was going on, but he didn't know what to do next.
He wanted a drink.
Getting a drink of water, he began to drink in peace. It was refreshing, to say the very least, that he knew that there was something he could do to STOP the effects of Unia getting to him. He wondered that since his son would be affected as well, would he become evil? OR perhaps the entire bloodline curse was just a sham. Who knew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galliad smiled at the woman who greeted him and bowed lightly. "You seem to be tired Miss. If you want, you can sleep in Fifi's cabin. It's quite safe, and was what I used to rest to help recuperate." He sighed lightly and looked at his hands. He knew his magic was somewhat weakened for the time-being, but he had no idea for how long.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 am

Toryn paused when the other man replied, before returning to tending the blaze. The monotone of the man's voice was strange. Of course, Aranor hadn't been a terribly expressive person even when they first met him, but nor had he sounded to void, as if the effort to speak with emotion was too great at the moment.

"As ye like." Toryn hummed him reply, unsure of what to make of the shift. The kettle began to let out it's shrill trill, Silva letting out a responding grumble from where she sat a few feet back. The poor tiger had hardly anything to do when they were in camp, and was getting cranky. Toryn made a few soothing clicks with his tongue to the large cat, easing the kettle off the fire and feeling with a cloth over his hand to remove the lid. Sifting tea into the bubbling water, he returned the lid and stood, hoisting the large container of liquid with a soft grunt.

"So when are we plannin' te move out?" Toryn asked, faintly distracted by the heightened activity he could hear from the direction of the medical tent.

-<>-

Naqi was folding spare blankets when Eve returned, having made her rounds to the other patients and assured they were stable, the small merchant included. Setting one of the slightly threadbare sheets on the small stack with the others she looked up and arched her brows at Evelune's return. She had been prepared to go looking for her, so it was a surprise that she return so soon, though a pleasant one. She didn't hold out much hope that the woman's aptitude for looking after her health had improved though. She had let the wound go this long without treatment... Waving away her apology, Naqi ushered the rebellion leader to a chair. She had long since discarded the heavy over robe she habitually wore, comfortable in the dark tunic of a Katirar design that she had beneath, the garment leaving her arms and shoulders bare with full range of movement, pale patters weaving over the exposed skin.

"That is one way to describe it I suppose." Naqi responded dryly. Her wanderings and endeavors were difficult to explain. Crouching on one knee to get a closer look at Eve's leg, the healer reached out, letting her fingers trace the edges of the cut on Eve's calf. She grimaced. The wound had not been cleaned or even covered, and was now crusted over, trapping whatever loose dirt or other matter had gotten in. With a sigh, she rose and retrieved a water basin and cloth, setting to work on soaking the dried blood off. Her eyes flicked up at the small exclamation.

"There is nothing for you to apologize for. Being a leader does not make you inhuman, emotion and physical hurt are normal, even healthy to a degree. If you didn't feel them I would fear you had become one of Unia's pitiful beasts." She replied, dropping the red stained cloth and laying her finger tips against either side of the cut. Thankfully it wasn't deep. Wisps of magic curled down her fingers and began stitching the wound closed with golden thread, other sparks delving into the cut and flushing impurities from the blood stream in a slow ooze. Halfway through the process, Naqi's brows knit, though she did not withdraw her fingers. Something malignant lingered in Eve's body, something that was receding, but still present. It snuffed her sparks when they drew near, sensing a foreign property, and the healer had to pull the rest back before they went chasing after the inky strangeness. She finished the healing and pulled back, wiping away the tainted blood that had been pushed free of the wound before it sealed, leaving a line of new skin where the wound had been.

"Whatever is causing you sadness, little spitfire, I'm sure you can concur it." Naqi commented, rising with a pat on Eve's knee as she scooped up the materials and set them aside. Catching the woman's look towards the resting blonde, Naqi's mouth tightened. Goodness... The healer unceremoniously poked Eve on the forehead.

"No brooding near the patients, negative thoughts do not hasten their recovery."
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:24 am

Kuyiri awoke slowly, her hurting eyes adjusting to the light falling into her tent. A soft groan escaped her lips and she finally rolled off her bed, nearly falling to the ground as she did so. Her leg was still aching, but it wasn't as bad as the night before. She lazily made her way towards the campfire, not minding Aranor and Toryn. Instead she just sat down and stared into the fire, still visibly tired and trying to wake up.

Feryah was already up and ready to go, boring herself near the main tent as she looked around for some fun. After last night most soldiers were only talking about what happened with Eve and Ophelia, and she did not feel like worrying all the time; they were in good hands.

Niriana woke up in a cold sweat, rubbing her eyes and looking around frantically. She had the same nightmare she had been having ever since she got away from Unia. She sluggishly left her tent and tried finding her sister. In hopes of catching her alone.. something rare, it seemed.
Love, Kitty!

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 am

Ophelia had lost track of how long she'd been awake just laying there with her eyes closed. Her mind was breaking and the fact her family was dead was messing with her even more. Then there was the fact she had betrayed her friends...something she frowned upon greatly. To say her opinion of herself was at an all-time low would be a vast understatement right now. When she was she one was there or checking on her the blonde let out her tears. There just didn't seem to be an end to them, like she had an endless well of them inside her body. She didn't know what to do anymore...The empire would surely crumble without the branch family. So it was crushing to think that all their hard work would fail and fall apart simply because of her mistake.

Hearing Eve's voice the small girl rolled out of bed while she was busy. It had been dark the first time she had woken up so she already had the fresh pair of clothes on. They weren't fancy or anything just simple and warm. Ophelia's body was still reeling from the incident so she didn't managed to pick herself up after rolling off the bed. She pulled the blanket that had been wrapped around her down and simply wrapped it around her again like a cocoon. Using the bed to stabilize herself she leaned back and just let her body rest while it did what it had to. The tears were already flowing again and she didn't want to seen or watched while she cried like this.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 am

Galliad heard his friend awake from her slumber and went to hug her. “I’m so glad you’re ok... I was honestly a bit nervous that we’d lose you, so I... used some of my magic to help. Draining some of my energy to help you. I should be fine now, though.” He smiled lightly, hoping that her mood would be happier, too. The bandages were stained by her tears, but he didn’t care. He didn’t squeeze too hard, as it could damage the poor girl, but he still had a firm hold.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Ramiel raised an eyebrow as he looked at Saul, clearly not having been expecting that to be the topic of their conversation. The muscular man shrugged after a few moments, settling down and sitting as well, his arms still crossed in front of his thick, muscular chest. He wasn't sure what Saul wanted from him in terms of information or advice, but he'd give his best shot at helping him. "I'm not an expert at romance, but if you want to talk to me about your troubles with women, I suppose I can do my best to help."

Ramiel imagined that was what this was about, that was the first thing that came to mind when someone said they wanted to talk to you about women after all. If they were single, and Ramiel was pretty sure Saul was single, and they wanted to sit down and discuss the fairer sex, they often wished to get helpful advise on how to approach and woo them. What else would Saul want to talk to the burly northerner about? This was rather odd to begin with though, so maybe Ramiel had the wrong idea about what Saul wanted. If that was the case then, Ramiel had no idea what their conversation would be about.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Saul nodded solemnly. "I appreciate it very much. The situation is, I fear I have offended Kuyiri but I'm not sure how. We are obligated to work together, but frankly we've never been able to be around each other for more than a minute without getting something going badly. Now I think something has happened that makes her refuse to speak to me at all." He sighed, looking at his hands. Perhaps it had been his fault for snapping at Kuyiri when he'd first met her- maybe that had poisoned things from the start. But at least before yesterday they'd been able to be in the same room together. Now, he was fairly certain she was avoiding him altogether.

"You seem to be good on good terms with her, so I thought that perhaps you would have some insight into her thoughts." He straightened up, leaning forward slightly to look intently at Ramiel. "Even if we are never friends, it would be good if we could be on speaking terms. She's a skilled healer, and I respect her very much."