Dragon's Rebellion

ConfidentialCon

Re: Dragon's Rebellion

Post by ConfidentialCon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Saul shook his hair out of his face, trotting from tent to tent to check on the wounded who'd been able to leave the medical tent the night before. Some needed their bandages or stitches replaced, an easy enough task. More worrying were those who'd developed fevers during the night that indicated infections had set in; those soldiers Saul carefully peeled back the bandages off to press herbs to the wounds, ignoring their hisses of pain and complaints that it stung. If the infections spread, there would be little he could do other than cut off the limb itself if possible, or to bring them to a mage to see if anything could be done.

"It will sting worse if I have to cut your leg off. Stop squirming," he told the scout he treating, the same woman he'd warned before not to pull her stitches. She rolled her her eyes at him, huffing a pained breath as he wrapped the wound and herbs pressed to it in bandages. "This will help fight the infection: I know it stings. Don't remove it."

"Yeah, I get it doc. I won't," she groused, and Saul supposed that was as good as he was going to get.

"Thank you," he told her with a sigh, exiting her tent and wiping the blood off his hands as best he could. He glanced briefly around the camp, wondering if there was anyplace else he could be of use.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Eve turned her head to see Cuyler, and the worried tone in his voice. Her jaw tensed for a moment as her mind tried to find a reason for Cuyler to speak to her. The two rarely spoke, besides passing an order or merely giving a simple hello; What could the 'Whistling Wolf' possibly need? Turning her attention back to Naqi, she dipped her head, a serious look in her eyes. "Ah, sorry to cut this short. I'll return to you in a moment, Naqi." Quickly she turned to Cuyler, beckoning him to follow her out of the Medical Tent.

After the two got a distance away from prying eyes and listening ears, Eve looked at him sternly. "Cuyler, if this is about hunting again, you don't need to ask me." She smiled a bit, her face still slightly sad. "You're welcome to do as you please when we're camped."

Carmen had not slept that night. She had patrolled the edges of the camp over and over, just waiting to hear her voice whispered by those who still believed her 'true to the cause'. She winced a bit when she heard a loud voice calling to her, and for a split second her hand moved to her mace. When she realized it was only Galliad, she let out a soft smile and nodded to him. "I'm doing fine, Galliad." She looked the man up and down, letting her face go back to it's usual expression. "You seem to be doing better."
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Aranor didn't say anything to Eve as she left the tent. He instead let her believe he was asleep, as he knew she would be angry if she found out he had stayed awake the entire night. He knew it was foolish, and he too would be angry if the situation was reserved, but even though he knew it was foolish and it would only hurt him, he couldn't help himself. He HAD to stay awake and keep a watch on Eve. Logic went out the window for the most part when one was in an emotionally unstable state, as he knew all too well. A few moments after Eve left the tent Aranor too left, walking towards the campfires. He was rather hungry, and he wanted to get some fluids into his system to combat the headache he could feel forming. He sat down next to the campfire, and shortly after that, he was eating breakfast and drinking some fluids.

Ramiel was walking through the camp as well, and as he did he noticed Cuyler and Eve. He raised an eyebrow, keeping his distance from the duo, wondering what his friend wanted with their leader. As far as he knew, Cuyler wasn't really a needy person, he was capable of figuring out what he should be doing and he would do it, so receiving orders didn't seem to be the likely reason Cuyler and Eve were speaking. As Ramiel's mind turned to the odd and dangerous events that had happened over the least few days, Ramiel slowly shifted his shoulders, taking his axe off his back, casually holding it, ready to jump into action if anything that shouldn't be happening started up.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 am

Naqi's mouth twitched in response to Eve's smile, happy to see the commander could still smile with sincerity despite the look she now carried about her. World weary, plain old exhausted, and maybe even haunted. The healer drew a cloth form the water basin beside the man's cot and laid the cool fabric on his forehead before tugging his blanket up and neatening the sides. His temperature should break within the hour.

"So it has." she replied, eyeing the leg Eve seemed to be favoring skeptically. "Not so strange. You always did have more backbone than the court knew how to handle." Even back when Naqi had visited the palace, still fairly fresh into her persuits, Evelune had never fit the image or norm set for heirs and princesses. She'd liked the way the girl wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty, or learn simpler tasks often disdained by nobility. It seemed some things didn't change.

Naqi was in the process of collecting a near empty basin when a man barged into the tent, catching Naqi's sharp glance for not minding his volume. Eve excused herself and the taller returned her respectful not in kind, though her mouth pursed.

"No harm, my lady, though I'll be taking a look at that leg when you do." she replied, dipping out of a side flap to gather fresh snow for the cleaning water. Eve was undoubtedly stronger than even before, the unpleasantness with Unia causing her to mature beyond her years. There was something almost melancholy about her though, and it worried Naqi. She'd have to ask Eve about it later. And if the woman didn’t come back to have her leg checked she would hunt her down, all too aware of that bloodline’s pentiant for stubbornness when it came to their own health.

-<>-

Toryn was still by the fire, minding a large kettle with the intent of bringing hot beverages back to the medical tent when a set of familiar steps drew close, and someone new plopped down by the fire. Toryn's head turned, attention on the other from where he crouched not far from the flames, elbow propped on one knee.

"Fair morn' te ye, co-commander." he greeted, blowing a rebellious lock of hair out of his face. Some of the camp was still waking up, kicking into motion and there were some of the party he had yet to hear moving about. He could hardly fault them, drained as everyone had been after the chaos that had hit them wave after wave still just hours ago. He hadn't even caught the names of all the new arrivals. Reaching down, the beast tamer picked up a stick and poked at the coals, the popping of sap from one of the logs rising through the crisp air as the water in the kettle rolled towards a boil.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 am

Saul's gaze paused on Ramiel, and he quietly made his way over to the brawnier man, a bit concerned when he saw him lift his axe: Saul could practically see the stitches he'd painstakingly put in the man's arm straining. Judging by the lack of blood streaming down his arm they were probably still holding, but he doubted that would last if he actually started fighting. He held in a sigh: sometimes he just wished he could lock Ramiel in a padded room for a week so that his wounds would actually heal before he did something requiring stitching up again.

He cocked his head, watching impassively as Culyer seemed to speak to Eve in great agitation. Eve didn't look like she was under duress at least, and he was confident in her ability to defend herself. The memory of facing down her spear flashed through his mind, and Saul's eyes narrowed. Right. It might not just be Eve's safety he should worry about.

"Do you expect trouble?" he asked Ramiel neutrally after a moment. He knew the other man had far more experience reading people and anticipating when a fight would erupt than Saul did.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 am

Cuyler was glad that he was separated from the rest of the group. He wanted to tell Eve about his nightmares - he started to feel a bit sick as he did before, but not as bad as it once was. He looked the commander dead in the eye and frowned lightly. He then noticed Ramiel and Saul, so he hushed his voice enough so they didn't had to listen. To him. it wasn't any of their concern. "You have Unia's soul inside you, isn't that right?" He chuckled lightly, before starting to explain himself. "I know because he's targeting me... trying to convert me into one of his cultists. I want to learn; why."
It was beyond odd that he was targeted for this in particular; was his family line full of cultists? Or perhaps they had killed many of his men. Perhaps it had to do with his partner, but even then... nothing made that much sense. But even then... he felt his soul get gnawed on by the mere presence of the dragon.
Please join my roleplays:
http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8581

Avatar made by the magnificent Killer Ice Cream

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 am

Aranor glanced sideways at Toryn as the blind man spoke, and after a moment he responded in a blank voice, "Just call me Aranor. Calling me Co-Commander outside of battle isn't needed." He then turned his gaze back to the fire, the red, orange and yellow flames entrancing Aranor for a few moments. He had always had an odd like of fire. He didn't like to START fires, he wasn't a pyromaniac or anything like that, he just liked to look at and listen to them. They were so simple and honest, they were alluring in a certain sense, although Aranor could never really explain his enjoyment well to others.

Ramiel glanced at Saul for just a moment, before he shifted his gaze back to Cuyler and Eve, grunting softly. "There's tension here, and I don't like it. When a warrior feels tension, it generally sparks into nastiness, and I haven't had enough ale today to deal with anyone's bullshit this early in the morning. If fighting starts, I'm ending it quickly, one way or another." Ramiel cracked his neck, the popping that came from the huge man's thick, muscular neck being accompanied by a satisfied groan. Being as large as Ramiel was generally meant a lot of stress and built up pressure on joints, such as his knees and his shoulders and his back. It was one of the reasons the Bear of a man adored hot-springs, the naturally hot water serving as an excellent muscle relaxer, which in turn made it easier to pop joints, relieving that built up stress.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 am

Eve looked at Cuyler, her expression growing extremely serious. She stepped close to him, close enough to see the faintest reflection in his eyes, and quickly she grabbed his face and inspected them. Her face never changed, but her eyes scanned over him for a moment, searching for something. Just as fast as she grabbed him she let go, staring at him. Her eyes sparked for a moment, and she could see that familiar flicker within her eyes; and she knew. "Yes, I do. Had him attached to me since birth." Her voice was quite, not to alert whoever Cuyler had noticed. "You do know who I am then?" She said softly, reaching to her back and motioning to the golden spear. "I'm a Yitako, Direct Descendant." At those words she made sure to keep her voice barely above her whisper, eyes still searching Cuyler's.

"There's only one reason Unia would have any reason to grab for you too." Eve began to circle him slightly, looking him over like a wolf stared at injured prey. She wasn't interested in him at this point, more what could be on him. "Do you have any tattoos? Identifying scars?" She asked, stopping in front of him again. Eve bit down on her lip and let out a sharp sigh, before crossing her arms. "Either we could possibly be siblings, or-" She frowned, hesitant to speak. "-Or you're possibly the Left Hand." Eve motioned for him to follow, as she began to walk the long way around towards her Tent. "Back then, when Yitako fought against Unia, he had two men by his side. His Right Hand and his Left. For as long as we can remember, The Left Hand bloodline has been.. conflicting." She rubbed the back of the neck, part of that damned scarring peeking out once more. "Yitako's first Left Hand was incredibly loyal, died out on the battlefield for him. The next, though, was traitorous. That was the pattern, and not wanting to tarnish the Yitako bloodline reputation, The Left Hand was all but wiped from history texts." Eve turned to look at him, now safely away from Saul and Ramiel. "You may be the Left Hand bloodline; Which means you're either loyal, or you're a traitor." Instinctively, her hand went to her spear as she stared him down. "And I have no choice but to kill traitors, Cuyler."
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:20 am

Saul snorted softly, wincing slightly in sympathy at the sound of Ramiel's joints popping. "There isn't enough ale in the world for me to want to deal with the commander's bullshit," he said dryly. It was too early in the morning to soften his words the way he would if he were more awake.

He relaxed as Eve and Cuyler spoke, both people looking serious but neither as though they were about to come to blows. He huffed a breath, visible as a white puff in the chill morning air. "Well, it looks like it's not our problem," he commented as the two glanced at him and Ramiel before Eve dragged Cuyler back to her tent, still speaking softly to him. "But If you've got a moment to spare, I'd appreciate a chance to talk with you."

Saul paused, his expression blank as it normally was but his shoulders hunched. Those who knew him well could see that he wasn't sure how to say what he wanted to. He needed... advice. Dealing with people outside of keeping them alive was never Saul's strong suit, but Ramiel seemed to get comfortable around them as easily as breathing. Hopefully he'd humor him.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 am

Ramiel blinked, glancing back at Saul, putting his axe back where it belonged, back on his back. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at Saul, crossing his arms over his broad chest, waiting for Saul to continue talking, He didn't know what the doctor wanted, but he figured it was the least he could do to listen to him and give him some of his time. If not for Saul, Ramiel would almost certainly have died half a dozen times over after all. "Yes? What is it you wish to talk about?"

He then glanced in the direction Eve and Cuyler had gone in, then in the direction of his own tent, which was a bit larger than the normal tents, considering his larger than average body. "Would you like to talk about whatever it is that's bothering you in private, where less people might be listening in, or may accidentally stumble across us talking and hear what you have to say?"