The New World: Hope

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun May 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Haven listened to the story, as she did she watched him for a few moments before looking away and down the empty road. She knew he was right, but a part of her had to say she at least tried the best she could in her circumstances. As she got out she shouldered her bag, before closing the door, turning towards Miller,"I get it... he... might not be alive.. and maybe I should let go, but I would have an easier time letting go knowing I tried to find him or help him find me, or whatever. I need this right now, like you needed to stay behind for your son, I need to be out here for him. He is all I have, or had... I'm sorry if you feel like this is a waste of time,"she pulled out her flashlight before turning it on and looking around,"South is this way, so we gotta head this way.."she whispered before she started to lead Miller away from the car.

As she did, she thought about Austin's words, they hit home pretty hard. Because she knew that if Harold didn't kill anyone she cared about, the outside eventually would.. The thought of never seeing anyone tore into her, but Austin was right about moving on eventually, if she didn't she would lose herself or worse end up dead at some point.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon May 07, 2018 12:09 am

Maxine found herslef snorting loudly upon hearing Will's first two comments aimed at her. She had to pee, no way was she going to drop her pants anywhere near these old dudes. If she was cool with the girls she might've asked one of them to watch her back. That wasn't the case though so she happily went off on her own and came back with some wood for the fire." Eyy. Not like I'll listen much to you old dudes. Fancied myself a rebel before the dumbasses fucked everything up." Max had a humorous tone to her voice as she spoke, her eyes remaining fixed on the sky above her. The thought occured to her how alone they were out here now with nothing really working. They likely had no contact with the rest of the world or no one in the States did. They old folks really messed up the world and she was going to be stuck living with their dumb mistakes. What a drag.

A chuckle escaped from Maxine as she caught the jacket and lifted her head up to look at Will. Actually looking at him even at this time she had an inkling of what he did before. Before the way she was a smart comment formed in her brain as she laid back down." Got a jacket already but I'll keep this one. Hope you don't expect me to follow a junkie around." The words flowed out of her mouth like she was stating pure facts. Will had that look about her that her customers always had. Being seller for half her life she knew how to tell when someone was user, they all had a similar looks about them and she just a had a feeling normally. She set the bait atleast, the way he answered her remark would tell her all she needed to know. If this fella was still using she was hijacking the van while the others slept, as she said she ain't following a junkie.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 am

A frown formed on Wills face, the words coming from Maxine turning sour to his ears. The content of her words are what really struck him. After what they had endured today already, Will was fed up with people acting like they were better than the rest. And the shitty part, only Luke, the twins and himself were trying act as a group. And it pissed Will off.

The tattooed man turned away from the kindling fire as he stood up, a frown on his face. As he stepped toward the van Will snatched his jacket back from the girl, ripping his frim her hands in one motion as he stepped. "Freeze then you little bitch." Venom dripped from his words as he stepped passed her, stopping to look at the girl. "And im not a fucking junkie."

At this point Will just wanted to do this alone. The negativity and shitty attitude he recieved form half of the group was beginning to push his patients to the limits. But.. there were those who actually wanted to make it to Eden. Their reasons we're ro be determined, but atleast they put effort into the group so far. "Luke, come sit by the fire, warm up man. We cant have you getting sick." Will insisted as he helped the man out of the back.

With a grunt and a few coughs Luke climbed out of the van. He was feeling worse by the minute, hoping the warmth of the fire would help. Eye patch felt a shiver run down hos spine as the cold breeze blew past them. His eye focused on the base of the fire as he tucked his hands into his warm pockets.

--

(Coming soon)

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 am

Maxine found herself chuckling at the way the grown man was reacting to her little smart remark. The first thing that pretty comes out of her mouth and the man already hates her, way to go Maxy. She didn't care much for the jacket and the reason she was laughing was the way he ripped it out of her hands. This guy wasn't much of a people person was he now? A soft sigh escaped her lips as she turned her head side to side looking at the group and then the van." Don't be a little bitch now. Just making a comment dude, got the look of a junkie about you and I've dealt with plenty to know what one looks like." Max oddly tried to explain herself but her voice was dull and it sounded like she was bored.

A slight internal struggle was going on in her head between the decision to ditch these people or try to see how things will end up. The fella named Will who kinda looked the part of junkie got all butt hurt when she made a comment about it. She didn't know the other people, there was a crazy lady who hadn't done a good job at making a first impression." The names Maxine by the way for anyone who might care. No offense bout my comment, just testing the waters." Max spoke with the same dulled voice as she laid back down and stared blankly at the sky. The internal struggle had kinda done flips and turns and led down avenues that she didn't wanna go down.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 am

"Fair enough.." Miller admitted as he followed Haven, turning his flashlight on as they stepped away from the car. Miller had to admit, Haven was damn persistent. Even though it was a million in one chance she remaoned hopeful. It was admirable, but naive. Hope wasnt something Miller had much of these days, but showed a false sense of or to make others feel better. "Pueblo is about half a mile from here. Keep you guard up. And if i say lets go, then we leave. No discussion. Got it?" Miller syopped as he put a firm had on Havens arm, speaking sternly as he searched for her eyes with his.

--

Will glanced over at Maxine as he shook his head, he could feel the blood boiling in his veins. Hed had enough of all thwir bullshit already. "Whatever." He replied sharply ad he lifted his bag grom the ground. Will walked towards the drivers side of the van, setring his bag next to him on the floorboard. *Zip* Will opened the bag and reached inside, pulling oyt a cigerette and the snow globe from earlier. Hos eyes gazed over the glass globe as he shook it up. As the faux snow touched the bottom, Will thought of Haven. The memories of their short few months together playing fondly on his mind.
Last edited by JoJoTheClown on Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon May 07, 2018 3:14 am

River gave a skeptical look towards the man, before watching him climb out. After digging around in her pack and pulling out a few cans of food that Riley and herself had managed to pick up before they were attacked. Then she looked around the back of the work van, then smirked to herself as she found a few bits of thin metal that could work as plates. She then jumped out of the back of the van and set the things she had collected down for a minute, before approaching Riley whom was working on the fire.

River made a soft sound with her mouth, drawing her brothers attention up to her. "Knife." She signed, then waited as Riley reached back into one of his pockets and pulled out the folded up hunting knife. He then quickly tossed it before turning his attention back to their heat source.

"Is anyone hungry?" River then questioned aloud as she made her way to the back of the van where she had left all of the little items. She waited for a response for a moment, before she opened the knife and proceeded to jam it into one of the cans.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Mon May 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Mia came bursting from the brush, nearly running over Joey. "Fuck" she mutters turning just slightly to avoid Joey, but this only causes her to trip over and fall. She pants heavily as she lays there, "I'm....sorry" she pants out as she slowly begins to push herself off the ground and look up to the two older women. Before long she was standing up straight grinning like wild child, "Okay I know I was stupid to run off, but before you yell at me I found out something great...something that's going to maybe save us" she nods and waves her hands up and down her body. "Well...what do you think?" her grin fades as she looks at the two older women, whom look at her with a look of confusion and anger.

"Mud...I got covered in it and a nuker came up and walked right past me" she nods and crosses her arms.

The silence in Harold's office was staggering, the old plump man sat at his desk looking over the newly installed security camera systems. He leaned forward as he switched to a camera noting that Agent Miller and Haven where leave Eden through a secret exit that was brought to his attention when they had found a guard drunk on the other side of the way. Reaching over and grabbing his radio he radio's out to the whole of the guard, "Attention to all guardsmen, I repeat, Attention to all guardsmen. It seems that our good friend Agent Austin Miller is going AWOL on us, and is taking with him our good doctor friend, Haven. Allow them to leave for the time, but if they return then would you kindly....place them under arrest...by any means."

Placing the radio back down he leans back in his chair and pulls out a note book, humming to himself as he begins to write. "Eden...The Rebirth of America and God's Children"

Ami took out a cigarette and lit it as she continued to look around the moonlit area. The only sound was the crackling of a fire and the words of the people that she was guarding over currently. Taking glances every so often to the group she let out a sigh as she began to remember back to months ago, back when everyone was alive and happy back at that military base that David lead them too. The thought of the man brought a small smile to her lips, she had to admit that she actually did care a lot for him and that maybe, just maybe she did see a future with him; however, no good things last and now she was here surviving with a new group and a man she never would have thought would have made it this long.

Taking a glance back over to the group she looked at Will, sure it was the same man she had come to know back in LA, but with everything that had happened she knew that he was not only different personality wise but also that he seemed tougher. She admired him for stepping up like he has and in all honesty she was glad it was him because she was, and still is to crazy to lead. A small smile creeps at the side of her lips at the fucked up group that would choose to follow her lead, but on second thought she better not think of it.

Noticing movement off in the distance she pulls out a pair of binoculars and looks to the movement. "Hey we got a deer about a third of a mile away" she calls out to the group nodding in the direction of the deer. It didn't look that large, a young buck, but it would mean fresh meat.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon May 07, 2018 9:49 pm

Haven searched Miller's gaze back, knowing he wasn't going to put up with any disobeying she nodded,"Deal.."she said, firmly before she gently removed her arm from his grip, as her gaze left his she looked around the empty street. Nothing had changed much, it was still abandoned and showed no signs of life anywhere, the only sounds Haven heard were the soft footsteps and the occasional wind that blew through the city.

As she began to walk again, she pulled out the spray paint she had traded a few days ago, it was the perfect thing to use as she could write in big letters to catch the eye. Shaking the can she glanced back at Miller,"I'm gonna start leaving the messages now, at least if we don't find them, they will know I was here.."she explained before she looked at the window that became her first target, Haven + Eden, was written in big, red letters the paint ran a little but it was still readable.

As they walked through the city, Haven popped in and out of buildings, leaving her mark where ever she thought was the best place for someone to see. Haven thought it was going pretty well, but of course plans almost always never went smoothly, as Haven walked into another store front the smell hit her, the strong smell of iron and something else.. almost like something had been rotting for a few days.

Covering her mouth she made her way past the front desk, Haven knew that smell all too well, her heart began to hammer as she followed the smell in the small store, stepping in behind the counter she almost slipped, grabbing onto the counter she made a startled noise. After finding her balance Haven noticed she was standing in a pool of blood, this time her stomach twisted and knotted as she pushed open the back door that read, Staff Only.

The sight that met Haven was one straight out of a horror movie, blood covered the floor, walls, furniture, everything.. there was blood everywhere. Haven was about to leave when she heard a noise coming from behind a desk that sat in the back corner that had her stopping once again. Carefully she pulled out her gun, and listened again, soft moans and groans followed by what sounded like someone or something growling was heard once again, this time it was more clear to Haven she wasn't alone.

Her first thought was to call for Miller, her second thought however was kill whatever monster had killed these people. As she pushed her way into the bloody room, Haven pointed her gun out and began to slowly move towards the desk. As she came into view, she saw what looked to be a human, but more paler, with long finger nails and it's skin.. seemed to stretch over the bones of, not a trace of fat was on the creature despite it had obviously eaten quit a meal before she arrived.

As it heard her approach, the thing turned around, snarling as blood dripped from it's mouth. Within seconds the thing launched at Haven, knocking her down before swiping at her face. Haven felt the sting of the pain, and let out a cry of agony before she pulled her gun back and with the butt of it, she smashed the creature against it's head. The thing fell back and screetched, as Haven jumped to her feet, pointing the gun she went to fire but the creature sprang into action just as she did.

Haven saw the bullet hit it's shoulder before it flung at Haven again, this time it bit down on her leg, razor sharp teeth cut through Haven's flesh and jeans, a scream this time was released from Haven's throat as she tried to shake the creature before it got her artery.

"Miller!"Haven cried out, afriad the man had not followed her inside the small store.

-----

Joey almost collided with Mia because of how fast she was running. Joey quickly checked the young girl over before shaking her head,"Don't do that ever again Mia, you might think you know what is out there but you have no idea... there are things out here that will kill you,"she said before sighing softly,"thank god you got lucky, almost like the mud masked your scent.. maybe.. we could use that though,"she nodded in agreement.

She looked at Sin then at Mia,"Alright let's keep going South, next mud patch we see we will use your idea, if the mud can mask our smell maybe we won't become chow to someone or something.."

Joey then began to walk through the bush. She used her flashlight to guide the way, as they got deeper into the woods the cold wind whipped through her hair, and jacket, biting at her skin to remind her that this winter would be a harsh one. And if they didn't find someone safe and warm before the winter hit, they would be dead.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 am

Miller had stayed on the outside of the store, keeping watch whil Haven did her thing. -This is a stupid idea..- he thought to himself as he gazed down the dark street. -why are you doing this? What you do you expect feom her? - His thoughts were interrupted by a gunshot, his pistol almost gravitating to his hands "Haven!" He yelled out as he ran towards the door. Once inside his eyes instantly found Haven, two shots fired intk the beasts head beforw he hurried over to her, pling her up to her feet. Once he realised her leg was injured, he pur his arm around her, alnost dragging her out of the store. A loud gurgle like scream came from down the street. Aparrently whatever this thing was wasnt alone.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue May 08, 2018 1:01 am

Sinclair followed the trail that Mia had left behind just barely until they nearly full on collided with her. It was a pure blessing that the foolish girl hadn't gotten herself killed or anything. Did she even think about how they'd feel if something were to happen to her while on their watch. The young sniper had become a bit more in touch with her emotions lately so she walked over to Mia. Carefully she pulled the young girl into a hug but quickly pulled away not wanting to appear wierd or anything. She felt close to these two after the time they'd spent together chatting and surviving. It was more human contact than she had her whole life pretty much and so these two meant something." Don't...run...again...find Ami...together.." Sin's voice wasn't filled with anger or even raised, it was filled with concern and worry.

She did smile a bit noting what her little friend was figuring out with the mud. She'd seen some fellas use it down south but didn't pay them any mind being hillbillies and all. Her eyes shifted towards Joey letting her say most of the words needed. Soon...a doctor was needed sooner or later..this voice thing was getting worse..thankfully nobody noticed it yet. The young woman grabbed a hold of Mia and almost pushed her along having a tiny smile playing on her lips. She watched from behind Joey as she led the way with her flashlight. Seeing the shiver she made Sin peeled off her cloak and walked closer to Joey. Without saying a word the warm fabric was placed over her head and around her shoulders to keep the woman warm. Sin was more used to these harsh climates than either of these two in all honesty, so the chilly air didn't get much heed from her.