The New World: Hope

Wanderlusst
Silver

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Joey gave him a side ways glance,"Yeah I suppose we are.."she nodded,"Haven was the girl that was covered in blood, she is the one Will is looking for.. "she trailed off as she felt a small peg of pain in her heart, everyone still had someone, and she was alone, when he turned back to her Jo came from her thoughts.

Another face was made before she muttered,"I think I like Tinkerbell better..."before she added,"Joey or Jo works, I was saved by Will.. me and my sister actually. He is the reason I am in the group,"she said softly,"what's your name?"she asked in return.

Jo wasn't interested in getting close to anyone anytime soon, but having names to faces never hurt anyone.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 am

Lukes brow furrowed as he listened to Joey. The look his.her eyes told him she had lostsomeone recently. Her eyes were heavy, carrying a significant pain in them. Luke nodded when she told him how she was introduced to the grouo. It sounded right, from what Luke could tell. This will guy seemed to have a knack for trying to save people. Although, Luke had a feeling that wasnt always the case.

A shrug, "I like Tinkerbell more too." Luke joked, a small smirk on his face. He stayed silent for a few moments, letting his eyes cast on into the trees. "Luke." He responded, keeping the distant look on his face begore slowly turning to look at Joey. "But you can just call me eyepatch." He joked with another small smirk.

--

Will nodded at Riley, seeing his body language change as he began to calm down. As Will was about to speak, teo figures entered the room. A sigh escaped Wills mouth as he saw Ami, his patients rather thin with the woman from her antics over the passed few weeks. When Mia followed her in a small smile appeared on his face. "Aww hey, you found the little orphan." Will sniped back at Mia "i feel like shit too." Will coughed a few times, leaning back against the table as Ami scolded Mia. His eyes widened as she spoke again, blockong out almost every word but one, Haven.

"Wait.. What, shes fucking here?!" Will straightened up, coighing again as he used his hand to prop himself on the table. "Youre fuckin with me.. Seriously..? I have to see her!" He demanded as he tried to push past the two in front of him. Will stumbled, catching himself on the wall. "Im sorry sir. But your'e not going anywhere. We cant allow you spread ypur sickness to our people." A small blonde with a medical mask on stepped in front of him. "Please, talk some sense into him."
'Get the fuck out of my way! Im going up there!"

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:41 am

Joey gave a short nod, with a tiny hint of a smile as Luke introduced himself,"Eyepatch.."she repeated then added,"suits ya,"she agreed noting the nickname came from his appearance. As she looked back out at the view, she couldn't believe that such beauty hid the ugly from this place, she wished Lana could see this, she would have loved it here. Realizing her own thoughts she took another sip of her alcohol, it wasn't long before the bottle was a quarter way and Jo began to feel the effects,"so what brought you all here?"she asked, confused on how they had found this place, hell she was even confused on how she found this place with it hidden in the tree tops.

-------

Haven limped back towards the stairs, as she did she thought about Ami telling them where Will was, in the medical tent, but being a doctor she knew she wouldn't be allowed there. There was a good reason they were seperated from the healthy ones, so going into the area and transferring any germs would just be as bad.

With a small sigh she squeezed her hands, now both empty as she had left the walkie in the hut, she wanted to see him, as she looked down she wondered how many more weeks, days, or hours that would take.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Riley was a bit shaky as he sat up. He watched the interaction between the child and Will as well as Ami. Then when the fateful Name was spoken, he looked to Will with wide eyes. And judging by the reaction of the man, it was the person whom they were after. Man if he had known sooner that finding people was this easy he would have started a business or something. However his happy feeling sunk at the realization of the situation. The person they were looking for was so close, but they weren’t permitted to leave yet.

Riley turned to one of the women and went to sign something, but his memory flashed back to when he had first woken up and sighed. It truly was both a blessing and a curse. Maybe if he had pen and paper communication could be easier, because at the current moment, he was stuck in a room without a voice. He shook his head to shake away the thought and looked back to Will. He tried to gesture for Will to calm down but knew that it would be no use. In fact, if he were in Wills shoes he would feel the same.

River now found herself on the other side of the community, watching as both men and women were washing clothes, talking, sewing and doing a bunch of other tasks. She smiled a bit and let out a sigh. So far this place seemed to be everything that she wanted. It seemed peaceful, safe, and just like a home. In her thoughts she was trying to plan out a way to convince Riley to stay. Then it moved on to wondering how he was doing. If he was awake she knew he would be confused... probably stressed, which made her stomach knot up.

After the whole incident Riley began to have panic attacks. At first River was scared and didn’t know what to do. She thought he was dying. Heck, he thought he was dying. It was a scary experience for the two, but they worked it out. They always worked out their problems together, so when Riley began to have attacks more frequently, River was always there to calm him.

Next her mind turned to that day. She was in school and was surprised when Riley was called out to leave but she was not. Of course, it wasn’t that big of a deal at the time since Riley spoke. She tried so hard to remember the sound of his voice, but the memory was so distance. And she imagined that if now, he could speak, his voice would be entirely different. She remembered after that day. News reporters coming to her house, her school, the hospital. They were harassing her family and trying to get Riley to speak on the subject. But he was hurt, he was traumatized and he was damaged. She couldn’t exactly remember what the doctor had said... something in Riley’s throat was crushed or maybe his vocal cords? Maybe they were just temporarily damaged... she couldn’t remember. All she knew was that when he came home, he would cry when he tried to speak. And then one day he just stopped trying. Then she learned ASL and taught it to him. Sometimes she wondered if maybe he could try to talk again, but she never wanted to push the subject. He always seemed to avoid that topic and he always avoided that day... that was another thing that River wondered about. She always wondered if people remembered it, since it was a nationwide story that grew very quickly to popularity. She wondered if she ever brought it up if anyone besides the twin would know what she is talking about. But she knew if she did, Riley would never forgive her.

By the time that Valerie had cleaned herself up, it appeared that everyone was already taken care of. So after she checked in with Firefly, and sent her to go make sure the pathway was covered, she began to glide in and out of the large open hut in the center, setting out blankets and chairs and such around the fire pit in order to prepare for that night. Then after getting some people to help set out the tables and such, she looked around at the pit before nodding and smiling. She then dusted off her hands and began to walk around the community, stopping and checking on different people and making sure that all the work that needed to be done was getting done. She hoped that she would run into one of these newcomers. She wanted to greet them and get a feel for their vibe. From what she had been told they all looked pretty rough, so it would be interesting to hear about what they had gone through.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

Haven made her way towards where it looked like a feast or something was being set up. As she pushed her hair behind her ear, she limped towards one of the women, as she did she noticed a few staring at her, she was glad she had cleaned herself up a bit before wandering.

As she came closer she slipped on a small smile,"Excuse me? Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could help me. My name is Haven, I'm a doctor and well as you can see, I'm in a bit of rough shape. My leg you see is infected and I I need antibiotics, however also I have a gentleman with me who needs pain killers as well.."she let out a small breath,"think you can help? I tried finding.. Firefly? But I can't find her anywhere."

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 am

Ami was quick and got in Will's face, a stern look on her face as she looked in the eyes. "Will sit down...you're not good...what you go see Haven now and make her worried about you after not seeing her for months...I promise you'll see her soon and if anything I'll ask if she can come see you here so just take it easy okay...for Haven" she says patting his shoulder lightly before she walks back over to Mia, whom is holding Sin's hand now.

"Hey you should rest Sin will be okay" she says softly brushing Mia's hair a little with her hand.

"But...she's like this because I thought I was smart because I found out that the Nukers can't smell you with mud covering you...and when a mutated dog came after me she came to save me...she's been saving me and Joey since Eden and...I just don't want her to die...she can't die we need her here...Joey and I need her" tears begin to well up in the girls eyes and just as she goes to move off the bed to get closer to Sin Ami wraps her in a hug.

"Shhh...look it's not your fault...if what your saying is true then she was protecting you because she cares. I'll make sure that she gets the best treatment that this place can give her so you nor Joey lose her okay...I promise" Ami says softly before letting the girl go, "I'm going to go talk to the guy in charge...Will stay in bed and I'll talk to Haven...Riley...River hopes you get better soon" she nods to the mute man before she exits the tent and finds the nearest ladder.

Climbing up she looks around as the smell of food hits her and her stomach growls, but she made a promise and as hungry as she was she needed to talk to the Father guy. Walking around she isn't able to find him, but she does find Joey talking to Luke. "Hey Joey...Luke." she gives a small wave walking over to the two, "either or you seen the guy with the beard...the one in charge, I need to talk to him" she nods looking between the two.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Joey turned to look at Ami, anger flashed in her eyes before she looked at Luke,"Nice to meet you,"she muttered,"excuse me.."she then pushed past Ami, she had time to forgive Mia, and even witness first hand the pain the girl felt for Lana's lost. However Jo still blamed a few people, including Ami, for Lana's death. As she walked back into the hut, she went to set the bottle down when she heard Ryker speak,"Hand that here, Doc is taking too long,"he muttered, pain in his voice.

Joey handed the bottle to him before she sat down on the opposite cot, looking around before she said,"I think there will be dinner soon.."

"Great,"Ryker said after a long drink, he set the bottle aside and slipped on his shirt, sighing he flinched slightly before standing up,"Let's take a walk?"he suggested, he saw the look in her eyes when she entered, and being coped up didn't help with those kind of thoughts.

Jo must have agreed because she stood up, swaying slightly however she walked fine enough that Ryker didn't need to help her. As the two made their way back out, and around they didn't speak , instead they watched the tree people. Ryker noticing the place was filled with beautiful women, he began to get a small smirk on his face.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:39 am

"You seem popular these days." Luke replies aarcastically as he watched Joey leave. His eyes turned from the blonde to look at Ami, a brow raising at her question. "I saw him go into that large hut a few minutes ago." Eyepatch added as je pulled a cigerette from his pocket, the pack looking relatively old and falling apart. He handed one off to Ami, lighting his own before offering the lighter to Ami. "Maybe wait tillntomorrow to stir uo bullshit? Its a lot to take in right now." As the worda left his mouth, Luke caught sight of moonbeam, letting his head turn to watch the brunette. She had an alluring sense about her, something told Luke tod approach her. Maybe it was the obvious flirtatious behavior from before. Although, he opted to take his own advice and lean back, waiting for a possibility to catch her gaze. Maybe then he would say something.

---

Will stepped back, more than one bodies in his way. In a jerking motion Wills hand shot up to his face, another cough eacaped him, small trails of blood lingering in his spit. His eyes met Ami's staying silent. Will could feel the blood pumping through his system through the anxiety and desperation he was currently feeling. In a matter of seconds Will found himself alone with the troublesome bitch that got them in thia whole situation, and a mute with the inability to communicate otherwise. It didnt help that hiat chest had developed a burning sensation, one that wouldnt soon go away. A twisted expression plastered Wills face as he stepped back, stumbling against the wall, slowly sliding to a sitting position as he gritted his teeth in pain

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 am

Ami watched Joey walk away with a sigh before turning back to Luke as he spoke. "Thanks I'm going to try not start anything I just need to talk to him" she nods and takes the cigarette then accepting the lighter. Takes a few quick puffs she frowned at the staleness of the cigarette, but continued to smoke it feeling some relief from it. "Well you have fun" she rolls her eyes as she notice Luke's look at Moonbeam.

Walking away she soon finds the biggest hut and knocks on the door harder then she'd meant to, "Hey....Father...those people that just showed up our my people we lost...one's in seems to be in a coma can I please talk to you" she calls out to the door before taking a step back and putting out the cigarette. She thought about this all, everyone that was alive was back together for the most part. She needed to be strong and take charge to help hers before anyone else.

Wanderlusst
Silver

The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

The two walked until Ryker couldn't anymore, he leaned against the railing, breathing a bit heavily as he looked around,"Just... a ... moment ..."he managed to wheez out, Jo however looked around for help, when finding none she nodded,"Take your time big guy... so how did.. Haven and you end up like this?"

After a few moments, Ryker was able to breath better, but didn't dare to move,"I found her bloody and passed out in her own blood, it looked like she had been attacked, then on the way here, we were attacked by this... monster..."The images flashed before his eyes,"my seatbelt must have jammed hard, however Haven was unfortunate and smashed her head into the dashboard.. I forgot the passenger seatbelt was broken.."

Joey listened and nodded,"Sounds like a hell of a ride,"she muttered. Ryker nodded, he looked down at the medical tent,"what about your friends?"

"Sin got sick, before we met her, she had a problem with her throat, long story. Mia however contracted a sickness when we crossed over.. it was weird.."she frowned hoping her friends were okay.

Deciding she needed to see Sin, and Mia quickly, and Haven was taking forever, she looked at Ryker,"Stay put,"she said before she looked around , she then quitely snuck back down to the ground and towards the tent, as she approached a woman stopped her,"Excuse me you can't enter without a mask, or without permission."

Joey smiled a little,"Well I didn't know who to ask so I came here, to ask if you had something for a friend of mine, he's in some pain but isn't sick, just a few broken bones.."she explained. The woman raised her eyebrow,"Stay here,"she said before disappearing.

Joey waited a few moments before she slipped in, finding the box of masks, she slipped one on before she slipped through another curtain, looking around she saw gurneys and more women, her eyes darted from the medical supplies they had but noted they didn't have any machines, it reminded her of the old wars.. when they didn't have technology and used what they could.

As she snapped from her thoughts, she reminded herself why she had snuck in,"Sin? Kid?"she called out, the new nickname she had given Mia recently.