The New World: Hope

Wanderlusst
Silver

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:38 am

As Ami came down, Haven's eyes went slightly wide as her heart skipped a few beats. She didn't say anything as she began to look around for the one face she had longed to see, but he didn't join them, which began to make Haven worry but at the same time, relief washed over her. After 6 months she didn't want William to see her like this, covered in her own blood and banged up pretty bad, she wanted to look.. decent at least.

As she stepped forward she looked at Firefly,"I just need to wash up, and maybe a change of clothes?"she suggested as she looked down at her dirty clothes then back up at her.

----

Joey on the other hand, looked between Mia and Ami before a guilty expression came over her face,"David ... and Joe... they are gone.. Monroe died in the house.. and Lana... she... she's gone.."the words felt lile venom coming out of her mouth, they churned her stomach and made her tongue burn, as tears gathered in her eyes Joey realized she needed a drink and some alone time now they were safe.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Riley cracked a pained smile at Will’s attempt of a joke. He was thankful for his presence though and was grateful for him trying to help, even though he was dealing with things himself. Slowly but surely, his heart rate seemed to slow down and he was able to catch his breath. And while his chest still felt tight, after a few minutes the pressure wasn’t so great.

River nodded as she followed behind Ami, but then slid to a stop when the woman abruptly stopped moving. “What? What is it?” She questioned before Ami took off. As the woman was running for the ladder, River peered over the edge. Below there appeared to be a small group standing with the little red headed woman.

At first, River stood. She wasn’t sure if she should remain up here, or if she should follow Ami down. After thinking for a moment she decided to remain up top. That way, in case something happened, she would be able to tell people faster. So instead of going down, she watched from above.

Firefly opened her mouth to speak again, when something bumped into her, causing her to stumble sideways. After she regained her footing she held still for a second. Her nostrils flared and her smile grew wide and almost robotic. She straightened back up and turned to face the group again. Once again, she clasped her hands in front of her and slightly tilted her head. “Unfortunately I am unable to make those kinds of decision. And in order to protect our people I am required to have any and all sick newcomers go to our ground medical hut until they are cleared to enter our community.”

After she paused for a moment, she began to speak again. “Now, all of your sick members will be perfectly safe, and if you are really worried, remember that two of your other members are in that medical hut. The rest of you, I will bring you up and lead you to the pit. From there, since Father is currently unavailable, you will meet one of the more esteemed members who will show you around and where you will be staying.” She then looked at each other newcomers again, before gesturing to her small group of people that were there to lead the sick or even help carry them there.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 pm

With Firefly telling her that Mia couldn't come to the top of the trees she curses lowly before standing up and taking Mia's hand, "well I'm not leaving my daughters side again so I'm going to go to the medical place you took Will then" Ami says walking over to Firefly. She didn't want to leave the others up top but she wasn't letting Mia or the others out of her sight again. Plus she needed to check on Will and Rivers brother, but it would also be good to catch up with Haven and Joey...they both look worse for where and maybe giving a thank you to them wouldn't be so bad.

Mia smiled up to her mom at hearing she wasn't going to leave her side, but she turned back to look at Joey, she looked completely out of it. Sin, she looked at the woman, she hoped that she'd get better and not get worse. She couldn't image a world without Sin in all honesty. Over the last several months she had come to truly respect the older woman to the point she thought of her as a sister, likewise with Joey. The two of them were all she had when the real world came crashing down on her, and she couldn't see ever losing one or both of them.

"I'm fine...Sin needs help and Joey needs sleep...and maybe we all need food that isn't from a can" Mia nods tiredly to Firefly.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Haven had moved to help Ryker, they were headed towards the stairs when Ami mentioned Will's name. She wanted to go with them, but also knew she didn't want to walk in covered in her own blood, so she decided she would visit afterwards, she lead Ryker up and up and up until they reached the platform, there they were greeted by others who didn't hesitate to show the two to their quarters.

Haven took the time to look around, she was awestruck by the beauty and the view they had up here. As they walked into a small hut, she looked over at Joey who had followed behind quietly.

"Hey.. they will be okay,"Haven said as she caught the worried look on Jo's face,"now help me with him, you gotta wrap his torso tightly but not too tight, I will use my position to try to get some medicine for him.."

"I am right here.."Ryker groaned out as he removed his shirt,"now can we get this going? I am tired.."in truth he wanted to be alone to digest the fact he had lost two of his friends.

Jo nodded and took out the medical supplies she had taken from the camp. As she helped Ryker Haven disappeared into the bathroom area, there she removed her clothes that stuck to her because of the blood, as she got under the water she watched the blood rinse off, revealing the true damage of the creatures bite.

It was deeper than she though, the skin around it was shredded, and bruised. After a few moments Haven stepped out to find Jo had replaced her bloody cloths with a light blue dress, she pulled it after herself careful to not hit her head and leg. As she exited into the bedroom/living area she sat down on the edge of the bed.

Ryker had laid down after Jo had wrapped him. As he closed his eyes, the imagines of earlier came to play in repeat in his head, how did he not notice a creature like that before? He wondered.

Jo on the other hand had disappeared outside to take a breath as she sipped on the whiskey she had in her bag. She enjoyed the burning feeling that it brough along with every sip.

Meanwhile Haven inside the hut, had taken the rest of the bandages and wrapped her leg with it before making sure the gash on her head was covered with a smaller piece of gauze. Once she was bandaged up she limped outside, looking around she said,"I was gonna go see if they had any antibiotics and pain killers, wanna help me?"she knew Jo had lost everyone she cared for.

Jo made a face, before shaking her head at the girl, Haven nodded and patted her back before she limped off to find someone that could help her.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Another small group, this one had seen better days. It appeared the majority of then were injured. Lukes eye followed them individually, watching the ones that made it up the ladder. A small blonde appeared, climbing up with an injured man and another injured woman to follow. What was their story Luke wondered as he followed them, lingering outside the hut after they stepped inside. It wasnt long before the blonde reappesred again, a bottle in her hand. Luke watched as the girl sipped the bottle, contemplating his approach. "Looks like youre groups been through some shit." Luke remarked as he approached the girl. "Got enough for the whole class their tinkerbell?" Luke asked as he motionee to the bottle as he leaned back agains the railing that concealed the long drop to the ground.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Jeoy felt her body got rigged as someone else approached her. Turning her head slightly; she came face to face with a man, blinking a few times she didn't respond to him or his question for a few moments before asking,"What gave that away? The girl that was covered in blood or the man that couldn't breath?"she then handed the bottle over with a small sigh,"yeah we have been, but we don't need anyone's pity, we are a strong bunch, stronger together.. a unit of warriors,"she muttered as she leaned against the railing, she looked out at the world,"what's your story?"she asked,"you live here? Or did you come here with Ami?"she asked, wanting to know if Ami and Will had decided to replace everyone, or so that's how Jo felt, like maybe the others had given up hope completely. But then again, wgo wad she to talk? She did too. The only one who seemed to hold on and fight for them, was Haven, even though clearly the odds were not on her favor these past few days.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:57 pm

"Hmm.. ran out of pity to give a long time ago." Luke respobded with a shrug as he examined the woman for a moment. "I would hardly call you warriors.. that shit is basic survival now." Luke added as he took the bottle, feeling the burning liquid slide down his throat. "My story?" He quedtioned as his eyes stared at the bottle, looking at the brown liquid as he shifted the bottle from side to side. "Its complicated." He offered as a way out of the question. "Yes, but no. I came here with William. I wouldve ditched her a long time ago if it was just us." Luke answered honestly as he handed the bottle back.

Wanderlusst
Silver

The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Jo laughed this time, a true one,"Yeah maybe it is, survival..."she trailed off at the word before she nodded at his words,"glad to know not much has changed, Ami and Will's past seems.. complicated honestly.."she remembered hearing the story of Ami shooting Will and so forth; yeah the woman had a bit of an impulse problem,"But if it wasn't for both of them, none of us would be here today..."she then looked over her shoulder at where Haven disappeared to before looking at the man again, as he handed the bottle back Jo took another long sip, a few more and the memories of Lana would be drowned, like always she had to drown them.

----

Haven began to look for the redheaded woman from before, Firefly? She wondered where she could find the woman, she looked to be the easiest to approach so far.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Luke nodded before realising what the woman was saying. "Wait.. Youre that group? The one we've been looking for.. this whole time? Well ill be fucking dammed.." Luke looked over the woman for a moment before shaking his head. A hell of a long drive, and persistence brought them here, but it came as an odd surprise that the people they were looking for just fell into their lap. "Youre not Haven though, i presume. Will described her as a brunette. You dont quite fit the bill there blondie." Luke stopped, looking towards the hut. "So, sweetheart." Luke started as he turned back to her. "What can i call you then? Blondie is fine and all, but im sure your government name is much prettier."

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Ami followed the medics as they put Sin on a stretcher and lead the way to the medical tent. Entering she looked to Will with a nod as she sat by the coat they placed Sin in, Mia seemed to stay by the woman's side, a little confused Ami would have to ask her about it later.

"Oh hey...it's the ex-druggy" Mia says with a small laugh as she waves and gives Will a smirk, "you look like shit" she says only to receive a glare from Ami. "What...I curse now" she shrugs.

"Well I don't care you need to relax...Will put up with me for months so you should be nice" she tells Mia before giving Will a nod. "Haven and Joey are here...Lana, Joe, Monroe...David..." she paused with a tear in her eye as she has to force out David's name. Looking back to Sin, "What happened to her, Mia?" she asks

Mia was growing more and more tired but as they entered the tent she was actually happy to see the face of the man that she first saw in Eden, but as the memory return so did the memory of Lana. Her smile quickly turned into a frown and she had to have her mom repeat herself having not heard her question. "Oh..." she pauses and looks to Sin sadly, "I thought I was smart and did something stupid, she came to save me...I don't know what happened after she just started coughing up blood and passed out." she says softly and reaches over grabbing Sin's hand in hers.

"Please...please be okay, Sin...we still need you here" she says softly with a tear in her eye.