The New World: Hope

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Lukes eyes caught the bouncy redhead skipping around, seemingly without a care in the world. But something caused her to stop. Luke heard it too, his head turning towards the ground. More people it seemed. Would they be willing to let this many people in at a time? Wait.. was she talking to herself? Strange.. then again these were strange times.

Lukes eyes turned as the redhead moved again, gollowing her from a distance as she skipped to the large hut. It seemed this is where Father lived. His suspicions were confirmed when the man opened the door wearing nothing but a robe, a little out of breath. Someone was in there with him. Luke shrugged as the two talked, deciding to explore the archetechture of this place a little more.

--
Heavy breaths escaped Charles mouth as he wiped the sweat from his face. His eyes gazed upon the dark haired girls body as the knock was heard. "Rest, ill go see." The bearded man cleared his throat as he sat up, swinging his legs over the edge and standing up. His arms raised high above his head as he leaned back to stretch. After leaning side to side a few times Charles stepped over to the nearby chair, grabbing his robe from the back of the chair. He slipped the robe om and tied it in the front as he walked over to the door.

As the door openes, it revealed the young redhead, eagerly waiting. "Yes? What is it firefly?" He asked with a soothing tone. She seemed excited about something, which usually meant he would have to get dressed and go see what it was.

--
Will watched as Riley csused a distraction, taking the somans attention away from him. Will kne that any sort of substance could have thrown him back into the dark hole he used to live in. He was better now, and falling backwards was thd last thing he needed. "Thanks.." Will said lowly so only Riley could hesr as the prstend nurses stepped away, busy with other things. "This wouldve been a hell of a time to relapse.." he breathed out. Wills eyes darted around, wondering how long they were going to have to be there.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Maxine's little stealth mission seemed to pick up a little when she watched the Father leave his little hut. Oddly enough from seeing him earlier he looked tired or something. The sounds of other noises reached her ears and she could only guess that more people showed up. That was just great as more people always led to issues or something like that. Dealing with troublemakers was this Father's problem as she had other things to look into right now. Adjusting her duffle bag the teen continued on her walk around the tree fortress. Her little mission ended ages ago as she hadn't found anything of interest besides where the Father stayed. If things went bad that would be nice info.

Her mission eventually turned into a walk that allowed her to think about things for a little bit. Even though she was around people the young pastel haired teen still felt like she was alone. Then again she always felt alone. Everything got tiring when it felt like you were facing it alone while others were facing it together. Slowly her walking speed decreased until she stopped all together and she just sat down. Her legs and feet dangled off the edge as Max rested her head against a support beam for the railing. Being alone sucked majorly.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:35 pm

As the group waited, Ryker leaned against a small tree for support, the whole group looked roughed up, the younger girl, Mia? She was covered in what looked like mud and other shit, Joey had bags under her eyes, and her hands shook slightly as if she was craving something deeply, but what? Drugs? Alcohol? Something else? Then there was the girl in Jo's arms, she seemed to be the worst for now, but Mia's coughs seemed to be getting there.

And finally there was Haven, her leg was covered in her own blood, the pant leg had soaked by the time he had found her in the flower shop and left a pool of blood around her, and now her right aode of her face was too no thanks to him, she appeared to be okay though despite losing all that blood. As he looked down at himself he knew he didn't look too good either, tired and injured, and now guilty for leaving his own friends behind to die. Emotions played out on his face as a silent storm began to brew, what kind of world was this? He wondered.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 am

River slung her bag down onto the bed, and turned as Ami spoke. “I guess we could go check it out if you want to.” She said, before turning and walking over to the woman. “What was it anyways?” She asked as she raised her eyebrows. After another second, she stepped outside and looked around. “What should we do?”

”It’s not a problem.” Riley signed in return, even though he knew that Will couldn’t understand him. It was certainly odd. He felt like a sheep just waiting around until it could be sheared. Honestly, it was quite unsettling and he wanted to run. However, River wasn’t with him and in all honesty he knew that he wouldn’t survive on his own in his condition.

Firefly didn’t even seem to take note of Fathers breathing or his attire. Instead, as she continued to bounce from foot to foot, she bobbed her head up and down before she spoke. “I heard yelling below. I saw people... two from what I caught but there might be more. I don’t know how they got here... maybe I should go check the trail and make sure I disguise it better.” She mumbled the last part to herself, before glancing up at the mans face again. “Shall I get them?” She questioned.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:52 am

"Relax kid.. you act like youve never been held against your will before." Will statee with a cough behind it. He referred to Riley as a kid even though their age was pretty close. He stared at the guy across from him as he attempted to sign something. "Youre falling on deaf ears bud." Will states as he pulles a loose cig from him back pocket. The paper was wrinkled from the pressure of his pocket. "If we're gonna die anyway.." Will lit the cig with a small red lighter before returning it to his pocket. A small sarcastic smirk on his fsce as he took a puff od the cig, holding back a cough as he took another drag.
--

Father thought for a moment before nodding "Bring the healthy ones, restrain their weapons to the vehicles. Ill habe tonintroduce myself later." Father told the young redhead. "I'll rest for now, and ill meet everyone tonight. Run along." Father endes before closing the door, turning back towards the bed. The bearded man stepped over to the bed and sat on the edge, facing away from moonbeam. "You should go, tend to our guests. Let me rest." He told her softly as his back hit the mattress.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 pm

"Maybe someone followed us here, or someone found this place. Either way not our issue unless it's made our issue" Ami says before walking along the wooden bridge walking back to where they had met Father. Whoever was yelling Ami figured that it wasn't an issue for her and her group, unless it were to come down to it her group wouldn't get involved with anything that this place saw as a threat.
Last edited by CrashJr on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:09 pm

River nodded in agreement with Ami. “I think you’re right.” She said as she followed behind the woman. “Maybe the rest of those guys from the store followed us?” She suggested in the for of a question.

Riley grimaced before rolling his eyes. He was a bit antsy of course, but who wouldn’t be? He didn’t know how long they were going to be there, and these women were certainly no help, traipsing around without a care. It was like they were all high on something, which by the smell of it, some of them were. Then that horrid feeling started to rise up. His chest began to feel tight and he wanted to run. Of course of all the time to have a panic attack, now would be the time.

Riley squeezed his fists shut, causing his knuckles to go white and he closed his eyes. Then he began to deeply inhale and then exhale while counting in his head. These were some of the techniques his therapist taught him when the panic attacks were really bad. They had stopped happening so often, but they would still creep up every once in a while.

Firefly nodded and turned swiftly, before she found herself bobbling back to the ladder. Slowly she climbed down and once her feet met the ground she bounced over to the vehicle lot. Slowly she leaned out from behind a vehicle, her bright red head poking out and she let out a quiet giggle. “Hello.” She said before she finally approached the small group.

Firefly looked at each member, taking in their conditions. They looked rough and very hellish. “My Name is Firefly.” She introduced herself after a moment of quiet passed. “Unfortunately, we cannot have the sick ones to be brought up immediately, until their conditions can be assessed, they will be in our ground level medical house. However before anything at all can happen, we request that you leave all weapons in your vehicle. It’s a safe precaution that we take in order to keep our people safe. Once that is done, my people will assist your sick ones to the ground house, while I can bring you up.” She stated while still bouncing on the balls of her feet. After she finished speaking she clasped her hands together and looked at everyone, waiting for their reactions.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Jo and the others watched as a woman descended down the ladder and towards them. As she came to a stop, Joey began to get a warm, bubbly feeling from the girl, when she told them to leave the sick and the weapons, Joey was reluctant at first but as she looked down at Sin and over at Mia, she knew what she had to do. Gently she set Sinclair down before pulling out her gun and knife, dropping them both before saying,"Do it now,"to her small group.

----

Haven didn't need to be told twice, as she let her gun drop she kept a hold of the walkie in her hand,"I'm keeping this.."she said as she waved it in the air. Joey was about to say something when she got a look from Haven, she nodded slowly before looking back at Firefly,"Well my name is Joey, that is Haven, a doctor, Sinclair, Mia and... I forget the dude's name.."she admitted.

"Ryker,"he muttered before asking,"the injured? What about us?" his eyes went to Haven who was covered in dried blood on her one leg and the side of the face, the woman looked to be a bloody mess.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Riley started freaking out, seemed to almost have a panic attack. Will wanted to say something, but he felt his chest start to burn, like the had to cough. Tossimg the cig to the floor, William leaned over the table, coughing twixe before throwing up all over the floor. He slowly lifted his head to look at Riley, before lifting himself up and stepping down on the floor, avoiding the vomit.

"Yo, Riley. Relax man." William stepped over to Rileys corner of the room. He could only imagine how terrifying the situation must be. A mute, Stuck with no form of communication except through his sister. He seemed to be a kind soul, his eyes giving away the certain naivity that Will lost long ago. In a way William sympathized with him, but also felt jealousy towards Riley. He could still feel fear. For William, he had nothing to lose. No reason to be afraid.

"I used to get these a lot when i did a lot of coke.." Will admitted as he sat next to Riley calmley. "Its alright. Just breath." Will said with a hard breath as he planted his feet leaning his back against the table. "And then i would take xanex to calm down."Will added as he looked forward. "As we now know was not a smart idea." A small smille followed his words as he looked forward towards the exit.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Mia looked at the woman in front of them with a small smile, "you're the red haired person I saw...you lead others here, right? If you did two of them are our people that we lost a long time ago...Ami and Will" she ask looking up to Firefly with hope in her eyes. As she looked around she watched as the others laid down their weapons, in all the excitement she completely forgot that she had a pistol tucked into her waistband. Pulling out the pistol she tosses it down without a second thought and coughs a few times, "I'm not sick...just...I don't know" she shakes her head as she begins to feel lightheaded.

"Guys from the...oh no I doubt it, even if they did..." Ami looks ahead grimly, "you all just look away and I'll handle them" she mutters darkly as she and River come back to look over the clearing. For a moment she didn't see anything, but scanning a little more her breath catches and she begins to tear up as she sees the group that is with Firefly. "I...they..." unable to properly find the words she quickly rushes to the ladder and clumsily climbs down before rushing over to the group.

She's in tears as she shoves past Firefly and wraps Mia in a hug tightly. She is in tears as she stands lifting her daughter with her, for a moment Mia didn't return the hug but as she went to stand the young girl wrapped around her mother and was crying. "I...we thought you guys had..." she could hardly speak as she walked over holding Mia and wrapped Haven in a hug. As she pulled away and set down Mia she turned and pulled Joey into a hug as well, "How did you...you assholes had me and Will lose hope" she muttered to the three as she wiped her eyes and looked around. She saw Sin from Eden was surprisingly with them as well as a black guy, but no one else.

Looking to Joey and Haven she shook her head and for a moment she couldn't speak, but once she calmed herself a little she took a deep breath. "Lana...Joe....David...Monroe...please tell me they got out" she asks shaking her head not wanting to believe that they had been lost.

Mia was about to speak again when she was wrapped in a tight embrace, she wanted to struggle, but after a moment she began to tear up as she wrapped her mom in a tight hug, and when she went to stand she wrapped her legs around Ami's waist and let the older woman walk with her to hug Haven. She then was set down so her mom could hug Joey as well, but as she began to ask about the others that they had came to Eden with she looked down. The subject of Lana was still hard to talk about as is with Mia and Joey, but the fact that her mom had gone all these months thinking that they all were dead now learning that most had died. She knew she'd have to let her mom grieve a bit.

Coughs erupt from her chest again, however just as the first cough came from her lips Ami was right there checking the young girl.

"Shit...you have a cold" she said shaking her head and looking back to the red haired woman. "Look I know you have your rules, but please, Firefly, this is my daughter...I have meds in my pack that can help her just let her stay with me" she asks the red haired woman, Mia was a bit surprised by this but said nothing.