The New World: Hope

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by CrashJr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 am

Mia, having watched her mom leave and Will sit back down, turned back to keep a watch on Sin and squeezed her hand. "Come on, Sin, Joey and I are here and we're not going to lose you...we promised that we'd look for your brother remember...come on I bet he's waiting for you right now somewhere so you have to stay alive so we can look for him..." her words seemed to fall on deaf ears as she looked at Sins face, tears welling up in her eyes. "Please wake up...I'm sorry I really mean it this time I won't do anything stupid and listen to what you say...Sin please" she jerks at her arm not really sure what all to due.

She couldn't see a day going by without the older woman walking around and speaking with her scratchy throat. She was snapped from her thoughts as she saw Joey enter and call for her and Sin. She gave a small smile and wiped her eyes, "she's still not awake...Joey why isn't she waking up?" she questions. "She's got a weak pulse and she's breathing...why won't she wake up...she helped up find Haven, Will, mom...he have to help her find her brother but she won't wake up" she shakes her head and looks back down at Sin.

Before anyone could say anything or stop her she crawled onto the cot next to Sin and cuddled into her, like she had done many a nights in the tent.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Upon seeing Mia and Sin, Jo grinned a little, the past few months they had become her rock and centre focus, as she hurried over she looked down at Sin. Grabbing the woman's hand she gently squeezed it, before she crouched down,"I don't have a lot of time Mia, I ain't supposed to be here, but look you need to stay strong for her okay? Make sure she knows we love her and that I, too, am waiting for her up there, I'm waiting for both of you so I need you both to get better, can you do that kiddo? Get better for us?"she smiled a little.

As she pulled away she happened to look over and see Will, her eyes went wide,"Shit... "she muttered before she hurried over to the man's side,"you look like you should be in bed, William.." she commented,"Mia help me here quickly."

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 pm

The familiar voice caused William's head to turn, the view of the small blonde shrouded by the dark corners creeping up to the center of his vision. "Jo.." Will spoke out as he reached a hand out for her. The familiar figure caused Will to smile through the unforgiving pain that wws working its way through his body. His hand was shaky as he reached out for Joey, his hand dropping as the shivera became more violent. "Aggh! Fuck!" Will yelled out in pain as his hand clutched his abdomen, feeling himself being lifted to his feet by the girls. Wills legs buckled, feeling weak, sending him to the floor with a thud. A low groan escaped the tattooed boys mouth as he turned to his side. "Just leave me here.." he muttered.

-

Father had lied down, feeling tired from the events of the day so far. Hed finally drifted to sleep when a voice entered his mind. It was coming from outside. With a sigh the man swung his feet over the bed, and slowly stepped ocee to the door, opening it widely, letting his eyes look over the woman in front of him. She was small, but had a dangerous sense about her, a bit of fiestiness. Maybe a little craziness. Although the small woman in front of him still attracted Fathers eye, a small smile appearing on his face. "Yes? What is it?"

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Jo was more than happy to see Will, but the concern masked it. Finding out Will was heavier than she had thought, she helplessly watched as they failed to carry him. However Joey could see the pain on his face, and it pained her, what would Haven do? She wondered as she looked around, she let out a small sigh after a moment,"I can't do that.. come on Will, you gotta be stronger than this, Haven.. she's waiting for you.."she whispered,"come on this isn't how you want her to see you, on the ground, shaking like this, let us help please.."she begged, knowing her time was running out and the nurse could be back any minute now.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Mia nodded as Joey spoke, a small smile formed on her face as she wrapped her arms around the older woman's waist. However, hearing the concerned voice of Joey she turned to see her attempting to help Will. She was a little slow until the man dropped to the floor with a thud and she was out of the cot quickly. She gritted her teeth as she helped Joey with Will, although the man looked like to the younger girl he wasn't.

"I thought apocalypses made people skinny" Mia joked with Will as the two women attempted to help him back on his cot.

Ami was about to give up, but after several minutes and more knocking the man finally answered his door. Noticing the smile that seemed to form on his face she stepped back a little before speaking, "look I don't want to tell you how to run things here but these others that showed up...a few of them are people that we'd lost a while back and one of them looks to maybe in a coma like state. Does this place have the means to deal with something like that? And before you say some stupid shit like 'we have mother earths natural remedies' stop because I've had dealings with hippies in the past and I know what they're about."

She looked at the man sternly before giving a sigh, "Look I know you have your people to look out for just like I'm looking out for mine I just wanted to bring up to you that some of my people are in need of actual meds not...herbs" she nods and folds her arms over her chest.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 am

It was an odd feeling. Hard to describe really. Like one was trapped in another place, unable to feel but could hear. Sinclair couldn't move or open her eyes, she couldn't even feel anything for a time. All she could do was listen and even then her hearing was a little fuzzy at times. Aaron didn't raise a weakling, he raised a fighter that did what she had to do. When she had something to do there wasn't a force on this Earth that could stop her, she might be slowed but not stopped. Sin wasn't going to let herself die when she had people to find and people to protect. Her mind was in a fog as she heard people talking and tried to piece together memories of who they belonged to.

Finally some came to her as she first felt her hand being held, that restored some feeling to her body. It was Mia that held her hand, the young girl whom she saw as a little sister at this point. Since her moving on of Angel she's only wanted to protect the Asian girl. Hearing her voice was a big relief and made the older woman a little emotional internally. She knew what had happened...being sick for so long without treatment...not warning the others so she could slow down and slow the progression. Instead Sin pushed herself beyond what her limits should've been. It was the last fight that had finally done her in, her medical issue finally hit her full force. She'd been fighting it but her body had been to weak and tired to keep fighting the way it was.

A little more time passed before a warmth started emanating from beside her that helped restore feeling through her system. Mia had climbed onto the bed and held her, she must really look bad if the feisty teen was doing that. That conclusion only made her fight harder to re-enter a conscious state. Her breathing hitched for a split second as she began waking her body up. It wasn't going to really move but being awake would allow her to see and make sense of things more. Her throat was shot to all hell for now, if she truly tried she could get some kind of sound and maybe even talk. A strange noise left her lips as she tried to get the woman's attention that stood nearby.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:24 am

A small and strange sound came from behind them and Mia confused looked over and grinned from ear to ear, "SIN" she yelled completely forgetting about Will needing the head and jumped back over to Sin wrapping the woman in a tight hug. "Come on I heard you...I knew you wouldn't die on us we still have to go and find your brother...you promised to find our friends and we did now you gotta wake up and get better so we can go look for your brother" she said tearing up from joy as she pulls away to wipe her eyes and cough.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:16 am

A weak smile crossed Sinclair's lips as she heard Mia yell her name out of joy and surprise. She managed to keep that smile on her pale lips as she was hugged quite tightly. Using what strength that could be mustered the older woman held onto Mia tightly. Her arms locked around the kid as she hugged her, glad that her people were alive and together still. It made her happy seeing the joy Mia held inside at simply seeing her waking up. How long had she been out anyway? Time was lost to her with her brain still being foggy and funky. The younger girl turned away but she didn't let go and just pulled Mia closer." Sin.....hard.....kill....." The words were difficult to say but she managed to get them out.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:25 pm

The young girl grinned wider as she felt Sin put her arm around her and speak weakly, "Joey...Joey she's awake" she says happily and hugged Sin again before pulling away to wipe her eyes of a few tears. "I'm so, so, so sorry Sin I promise you I will never do something stupid like I did and I will make sure you get better okay...but we found Haven, Will, and my mom...they're alive and are here see" she moves a little pointing over to Will still being helped by Joey, "you helped us find them like you said" she nods. However, her coughing fit again catches her by surprise and she's forced to sit down on the cot next to Sin.

It wasn't until then that she realized that she was burning up and she was feeling really tired and weak, "I think I need to lay down for a little bit" she says in a daze as she flops over on her side and passing out.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:17 am

Skip

The night had passed rather quickly, Father deciding to wait until the following evening to get properly reacquainted with everyone. He wanted to be sure the sick had been assesed properly and werent a threat to his group. He also requested that none of the people in the tree tops go back to the ground at night, for their own safety. Besides, he didnt want a chance of spreading diseas from the sick. In result, Riley, Mia, Sin, and Will spent thd night in the cramped hut, of which they were only aloud to stay in the one room. It was incredibly miserable. There were only two padded tables, Will let the girls share one and Riley slept on the other. Although through the course of the night he regretted volunteering for the floor. Will could feel sweat pouring from his skin, causing his skin to uncomfortably stick to the hard floor. Having the shakes didnt help, along with the random hints of nausea that saw him vomit once already.

The night had passed, the sun rested high over the sky, the midday sky clear and blue throw the tops of the trees. Inside the small medical hut, Will'a eyes finally sprang open, having slept through the morning. His body was sore, and stiff, a harsh pain in his lungs causing him to cough every few minutes. As he pushed off the ground to sit up right, his eyes gazed around the room, noticing the dullness of the hut. Although, it was very clean. It didnt seen like people stayed sick for very long here.

Will still hadnt seen Haven, but she was here. He knew. But he almost didnt habe the strength to pick himself up. He wondered if they would allow him to see her, or if the four of them would join them for the ceremony tonight. Wills eyes rolled to look at Riley, he couldnt tell if he was asleep or not. "Hey deaf kid!" William called out hoarsly. "Come on get up, dont need you to die on me in here."

---

A small hint of smoke peered over one ofthe cabin tops. A cig between his lips, eye patch leaned against the railing of one of the pathways. His mind was busy thinking of the night before. Wondering about the strange place theyd discovered by chance. This place was strange, but Luke wasnt complaining. There were dozens of women, and a few of them were eye fucking the shit out of him as they walked by on the opposite pathway of the sky structure. A small smile flashes as Luke took a long puff from his tobacco, his hand pushing his hair back into place. He was more interested in the brunette from last night, moonbeam was it? Luke shook his head at the thought he should be interested in finding out exactly what type of person their leader was. If they were staying a while, theyd have to be sure they werent cannibals or something.