The New World: Hope

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

The New World: Hope

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 am

"Ya know. Ive been thinking.. I wonder if they're still alive. Everyone we left behind." William spoke out as he leaned forward against the balcony railing. A cigarette loosely gripped between his fingers was lifted up to his lips, a long drag following. As he exhaled he turned his to look at his unlikely companion. "We have enough people now, Ami. Maybe some of them would come with us?" He suggested before turning his head forward again, looking out over the now cluttered football field in front of him. They'd made lt, at least somewhat. The goal was to head south towards the coastline. From Colorado to Dallas cowboys stadium, they were almost there. Conditions were just as bad in the south as it was it Colorado. More mutated animals and ghouls. Will had almost forgotten about the danger of the two after being behind Eden's walls. Although their search for any remaining military outposts brought no luck so far. They were out of food, limited on ammo, and morale seemed to be at an all time low, and Will was about to give up.
"What about the coast?" Ami asked him, folding her arms as she leaned her back against the rail.
"Fuck the coast.. We havent had any luck so far.. and this is driving me nuts.. not knowing. Not knowing if theyre still alive." Will spoke calmly as he took another drag. "Dont you want to know if your daughters still alive?"
"Of course i want to know, asshole."But you were there Will, you heard the shots. We searched for three days. If anyone was alive we wouldve found them."
Will turned hisn head to look at ami again, taking a final drag from the cig as he stepped on it to put it out. "I think you're wrong." He said simply as he walked passed her.

Six months passed since the bombs dropped, the east and west coasts taking significant damages from the impact. A group of survivors from Los angeles, shambled together from unfortunate circumstances, whittled away as the group look for a place to call home. The group caught wind of a safe haven, a palce called Eden. Thiz place.. it has everything. Electricity, food for months, a wall..Although, it wasnt as safe as we hoped. It seemed Eden had fallen behind a hundred years, acting upon the will of the old testament, hanging people for crimes against god, such as being gay or being an athiest. The bastard who ran the place, Harold, drove us out, with guns. As the only survivors, Ami and i traveled south in hopes to find any military outposts. Well, you know as well as i do that there's nothing left. Nothing left, but hope. In three days, im going back to Eden. Im going back to look for my people, to take Eden from those bastards. Anyone who wants to make this worl right again, we leave in three days.
Will taped the note against the wall near everyones stuff, in hopes he wouldn't be alone on his travel back. Ami wpuld be the easiest to convince, with the history they had with that place. The thought of putting a bullet through Harolds head would surley give her a reason. As for the rest of them, Will could only hope they would join. It was the only thing they really had left.. hope.
--------------

The rain poured down heavily as Mia ducked into the three's family tent that they've called home for the last few months. She shivered a little as she dropped her cloth bag on the ground next to Joey whom appeared to be in another depressed mood, although months have passed since the death of Lana she still was severely depressed. Looking over Mia gave the other woman a small smile, "I conned some guy from the east into giving me some stuff to trade with the dicks in the depot...I got food and this" she grins a little pulling out a bottle of wine.

Sinclair, whom was in the middle of cleaning her rifle, looked up as Mia pulled out what looked to be a few can's of spam, some fruit cups, and a bottle of red wine. She shakes her head reaching over to grab the bottle away from her and lays it next to Joey's legs, "Needs...more" she nods in her slightly scratchy voice.

"But...come on I did the thing and...okay fine" Mia sighs not really feeling the need to argue with Sin or Joey with the storm. She takes a moment and adds the new bit of food to the little pile in the corner of the tent that they keep their supplies, of which was not much.

Joey looked up with a frown to Mia before noticing the bottle, without a word she pulls it over her body and just holds in in one hand. That day played in her heard again and again, over and over. She couldn't cry anymore as she didn't believe she had tears left to cry, so instead of feeling sad over the memory she reaches above her head and pulling out a pocket knife. Using the cork screw she popped open the bottle and began to slowly drink the drink, it was warm.

Sinclair watched Joey sadly before turning back to her rifle, setting it to the side. As she reached over to the small food and drink pile she grabbed one of the fruit cups and began to eat the small chunks of fruit with her fingers.

Day....who cares. It's been a few months since Sin, Joey, and I got out of Eden. We managed to find a lake house by night fall the day we got out, it was great for a few days. Well that was until Eden guards came through, luckily we managed to get out of that and for a few days were on the run.

We found this depot and lots of tents around, turns out Eden wasn't alone in the whole "safe place", but then again last month we all had to hide in the depot with the remains of the military thanks to the...I don't know what you would call them, creepy looking animals. Either way after that they pushed us back out to our tents when the creatures passed, those dicks. Well Sinclair still mentions wanting to head west and Joey...she won't talk to me and blames me. I know I am to blame she doesn't have to keep telling me...

Oh and Sin and I went out this morning again, still nothing. Glad we went out because when we got back we caught the tail end of more of those Eden recruiters. They come by every other week now, they talk about the safety that Eden has and that it is growing every day. Every time there's nearly a dozen or so that will believe them and go along, even those that has heard the words multiple times finally gave in and went with them. It's sad I know, but people are scared and I guess want the hope that Eden promises...even if it's all a fucking lie.

Either way the dicks in the depot are starting to charge more each day, I think they are running low on things, or that's what people are saying. At the very least they they give out free tents, ours may not be the greatest but it's better then being outside in the rain. We have about two days of food at best and that's only if we share, even the unopened box of Twinkies that I snatched from the depot, that was the only time I got away with theft though. We each have a gun and some back up ammo but I guess that's really it, I hope we can make it through what's to come...winter is coming up so hopefully we'll make it....well I guess I'll write again whenever.

Mia.

P.S. I know I don't even know you...I miss you mom...I hope to see you again someday.

P.P.S. if I find out that Eden killed my mom...I'll come back with people and take it back from that horrible man.

The storm seems to lighten up a little as Mia strips from her wet clothes and lays them in the corner before grabbing her over and laying down next to Sinclair.

----------

Three days came and went, Will hadnt heard much from the rest of the group, and he was leaving tomorrow, with or without them. He wasnt even sure if Ami was going with him. She never actually gave him an answer, but he figured the prospect of finding her daughter would make her come. The past few weeks were a bit rough between Ami and will, they didnt exactly get along. It probably started when Ami shot him a few months back. Yeah that was it. But Will put up with her for the sake of staying alive, and keeping someone familiar in sight.

There had been one guy who insisted on coming, saying he wanted to see what the rest od the country was like after the bombs. His name was Luke. He was kind of strange , didnt really say much, and will didnt exsctly trust hin either. He looked rough, long scraggly hair, an eye patch ocer his left eye, a scar poking from the edge of the eye patch. He was a bit intimidating, which Will felt might be useful. Of course he agreed to let him come, the more people the better. Although it seemed mostly everyone was reserved on staying in the comfort of the stadium.

One more supply run before they left, scouting the outskirts of Dallas to get a few things. William slipped his bag onto his shoulders and slipped his 9mm in his waistband. He ealked to the entrance of his stadium and stopped at the door, taking a sip of water as he turned towards the field, waiting for Ami. He hadnt seen her in a while, but they agreed on a time to leave for the run. "She better fucking hurry.." Will mumbled as he stuck the bottle into his bag.

----

Life in Eden was peaceful again, for the most part. It had been a couple of months now since the LA group were slaughtered in cold blood. The whole event left a sour tast in Millers mouth. One goos thing came out of it though, Haven. Miller got the chance to spend a bit of time with ths doctor. He even taught her how to shoot, and defend herself. He would often time fins himself listening to her talk about the life before, finding a smile come to his face every time he listened. That was until she mentioned Will, whom she insisted was still Alive. Miller didnt agree.

It was time again for another lesson, teaching the civilians of Eden how to defend themselves. Those of course who wanted to learn. Before the seasion, Miller stopped by Havens room, knocking on her door with a largw plactic bag in his other hand. Miller wasnt wesrinf his usual suit and sunglasses attire, instead dressed in a white polo with khaki pants. He had grown tired of playing FBI Agent. Those days were over, the world was over.

Veilstar
Gold

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by Veilstar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:16 am

Maxine had been sitting above one of the entrances of the stadium looking down at the people. From there they all looked like ants kind of, just scurrying about with their meager lives. She ran a hand through her hair that was beginning to lose its lavender color. It was starting to turn back into its natural light brown color, man she hated it. Maybe someone had some hair dye and wouldn't mind trading for it? Her eyes shifted towards the top of the stadium, yawning loudly as she thought about what the hell she was doing. There wasn't any use in hanging around this place and waiting for things to go back to normal. Things would never be normal no matter what these people think.

Max didn't even have a reason for hanging out here other than the fact no one would let a kid leave alone. Damn adults thinking she couldn't handle herself. She wanted out of this empty and dull place, who needs safety anyway? This line of thought made the young girl chucked loudly as she tried to think about things a little more. It was also a little funny how these people treated her like a thug or something, she did dress the part but no one gave her a chance. It was likely she was smarter than most of the freaking people in the room.

After awhile and her thoughts shifting to a few places Maxine came to a conclusion about what she was gonna do. She'd heard talk about a fella looking to head out and that if anyone wanted to come with they simply joined up. Maybe they'd take her along for the ride or just help her get out of this place? It was worth a try at the very least anyway. Hopping from her spot and hurrying down the rows of seats she hurried towards the exit she heard people talking about. Tossing the board on the ground to gain ground quicker she hopped up and grinded down the railing for the last floor. Once she reached the ground the young girl kicked the back of the board and grabbed it mid air. It didn't take her long to find the fella people had been talking about." You the fella people been talking about leaving? Mind if I tagged along, atleast to get out of this place?" Max spoke as she yawned and slowed her pace to a walk as she approached the man.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 am

Haven had been awake for hours, she didn't sleep much nowadays. Sure the walls of Eden protected her from the monsters on the outside, but now there were monsters on the inside of these walls that she had to protect herself from. As she looked in the mirror she ran a hand through her hair, a month ago she had chopped some of it off so it was shoulder length, with long hair Haven found it was harder to fight without it pulled back.

The bags under her eyes was a clear sign she wasn't sleeping properly or at all for that matter. As she heard a knock on the door she sighed and pulled a pair of clean jeans on that laid across her bed, already wearing a shirt from the day before. As she walked over to the door, she opened it a crack to see who it was, still on guard with everyone here. The only one she trusted enough was the person who had kept her alive, Austin Miller.

If it wasn't for him she wouldn't be here today, and she definitely wouldn't have learned the things she had without his help either. As she looked him over she noticed the casual look,"No suit today?"she asked as she swung the door to suite open for him to step inside.

-----

Joey had finally moved from the tent to walk around. Her mind was still on replay of that day, it tortured Joey everyday to the point where she thought she would finally go mad. The only peace she ever got was when she was drunk, or asleep.. but even in her dreams that peace was short lived by a bullet going through her dream Lana.

As Jo came to a stop by a tree she looked up at the sky, she didn't believe in all the heaven and hell, but Joey needed some closure so it was nice to think of Lana up beyond the clouds with their parents, as she closed her eyes she let out a slow breath, but soon the small feeling of comfort was washed away by grief.

As she turned back to look at the small tent she sighed knowing they would have to move on shortly, it wasn't safe to ever stay in one place too long,"So where are we going?"she asked as she approached the tent, those being the first words she has spoken in a few days.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:59 am

Stumbling from her tent, Ami, still a little drunk from the night before vomited on the ground next to the opening. She had taken to drinking heavily since she and Will began to head to Texas, along with that she began to revert back to her old self at becoming self destructive and a general pain in the ass to Will and a few others of the group.

"Hey...you good" the voice of a male called from the tent.

"I'm fine...hey toss out my bag I gotta head out" she managed to say before vomiting again, "What the fuck you looking at" she growled out at a few other people as they were passing by.

"Leaving" the man that looked to be in his early 20's ask a little confused as he steps out in just a pair of boxers holding her bag, "but I thought...well..I mean..."

"Oh last night? No I just needed a lay, and thanks" she nods and grabs her bag from the younger man. Turning she began walking away rubbing her head and groaning slightly, last night was hell and leaving this early was going to be hell on her. Spotting Will looking impatient, "You look like you ate a fresh bowl of shit...or just wake up on the wrong side of the bed" she gave a snort looking him over. He looked kinda pissed and honestly she would have been pissed at herself too if this was a couple months ago, but the fact was that she grieved for the lose of everyone and was now moved on; however, Will seemed to think that they were alive and a part of Ami wanted that to be true but she knew it wasn't. All they would be going back to wasn't there, all except that place and Ami swore that if she ever saw Eden again then she was going in there guns blazing.

Back in Colorado, Mia woke up with a groggily, looking over to their supply pile she frowned. She turned over and looked at Joey and Sinclair, Sin was still asleep while Joey, Joey she wasn't sure if she was awake or just in another depression state. Letting out a yawn she decided that she needed to go out and attempt to gather food or just go walking around.

Stepping out of the tent she stretched and looked around at all the other tents, there were already several dozen people out and about, but she had no care for them as she made her way to the depot where the morning crew were already setting up. "Hey, Mac, got that new shipment" Mia joked with the one morning crew member she actually knew.

The older black man turned and rolled his eyes, "kid after....what 19 times it's not that funny anymore. Look unless you got something good to trade you aren't getting in here." the man says setting up a table.

"I'll have something don't worry" she nods and with a smirk turns and begins to walk into the group of tents of some of the newer people that arrived to the depot. With most everyone knowing her cons she had to wait for new people and lucky for her there was about half a dozen people that had things that she could get to trade for more supplies.

Harold was up and about early, while the direct aftermath of the shootout was only finding out not all the people could be found. No it seemed that five of that group had gotten out, Harold managed to keep the fact from Miller as he was slowly distrusting him.

"Thank you Lord for this wonderful food that we have been blessed and thank you for the continued expansion of not only Eden, but of Your words, Amen" Harold spoke as he sat at a table with other people of Eden, this was the norm for him. Every morning he would meet different members of his town for breakfast then he would leave to monitor this new civilian training program where he was training everyone outside of the guard to use guns and such, honestly he didn't really car he just wanted to make sure that Miller was just being closely watched.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:08 am

Riley and River stood in one of the wide open rooms where normally, before the bombs dropped, buses and other vehicle would be loaded up. Instead there were only a few remaining mechanical beast in the room and the rest was fairly empty, aside from the pile of suitcases and totes that a lot of people had their stuff in. Right next to the pile was a large bulletin board like area where many announcements would be posted, but this one had just to happened to catch Rileys eye.

Riley stood with his arms crossed, tapping his foot as he waited for River to finish reading the paper. Once she had finished River scoffed and shook her head as she turned to face her twin.

"No way Ri." River said as she shook her head and took a similar stance to Rileys.

"Why not?" Riley signed as he scowled. His sister always seemed so scared to do anything that included just a hit of danger. "You're always so scared of everything. Can't you just live a little. We all die at some point. Why not do something instead of sitting around and waiting?"

"I'm not scared of everything Riley. I just think it would be best if we stayed here. And so what? I just want us to be safe. I want us to be okay and happy." River retorted as she shifted positions, sending her weight to one foot and placing her hands on her hips.

"Well I am going. If you want to stay thats fine I guess. But I hope you realize we need each other, and we can't get separated. Mom wouldn't have wanted that. Please just think about it." Riley held a pleading look as he watched his sister. In all honestly he didn't want to go alone. In a way she was like a security blanket and he knew that he could always trust her.

After a moment River sighed and shook her head again. "I hate when you do that. Don't look at me like that." She said, looking everywhere except her brother. "Fine I'll go." River quickly signed after waiting for another moment. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold for long. She was pretty easy to give in to her brothers demands, but it was mostly because she knew how stubborn he was and that he truly would go, with or without her.

"Well, lets go find him and let him know that we are coming." Riley signed, a big boastful grin spreading across his lips, before he walked past River. He knew there was supposed to be some sort of scavenge going on, and had a strong feeling that the organizer of this little party would be there. Also because he had heard from one of the other resident, but he wanted to take the credit.

It didn't take long for the twins to find the man waiting by an exit with a woman. Riley smiled again and nudged River before pointing ahead at the guy.

"Yeah I can see him Riley." River replied with an eye roll, before the two were close enough to be heard. Once they were within conversation distance they stopped, Riley standing just slightly behind River.

"Hi... um... I'm River and this is my brother Riley. We were interested in being apart of your group going out tomorrow... are you still accepting applicants?" She asked before giving an awkward smile. Then Riley decided to mock her from behind by drawing a halo above his head with his finger and then placing his hands beneath his chin and giving the biggest, cheesy smile that he could offer and blinking his eyes a few times. For a boy who didn't talk he still had quite a bit of character, emotion and animation.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 am

Sinclair had been a bit surprised that by the time she woke up both of the other girls were already gone. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she ran a hand through her hair, yawning and making a strange sound while she tried. She was becoming a bit worried for both girls, Joey was still blaming Mia and both seemed beaten up over what had happened. Sin was the only one healed at this point and she was thankful for no more mood swings. Being able to focus on helping these two were her top priority, she owed it to the people that gave her something to hold onto. Getting dressed with a smile white tank top and jeans the young woman stretched her limbs before walking out of the tent. Pulling her rifle around her body as she excited the tent the beginning of a breeze brushed against her face.

Sin looked around at the other people camping out around this compound. She was sick and tired of these men and their taxes for staying here. These weren't the soldiers that she had wanted to join but she did gain some good news the other day. Asking around she heard news that her brother's squad had been moved a week before the bombs fell. Washington. That was to be her destination if she could get the others to move on with her. Rubbing her throat gently the young woman was about to go try her luck hunting when Joey came back. Sin couldn't hide the smile when the woman finally said something after being silent for awhile." Want head...Washington...soldier....knew brother...said...squad sent...Washington.." Sin had an obvious hopeful tone to her voice that could even be heard through her screwed up voice.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 am

Wills eyes turned before his head did when the young girl aplroached, Wills eyebrows raising at the sight of her. "You know its pretty dangerous out there." Will called back as he kept his head turned forward. He thought for a moment instead if telling her no flat out. Yeah she seemed young, but Will understood the feeling of wanting to leave. The girl had her own reasons, so who was Will to tell her no? "Alright.. fine.. but dont get in thw way, alright? Were going on a supply run, come with us. Might as well start getting used to our shitty personalities." Will told her as he spitted Ami trudging her way from the tent.

"Speaking of shitty personalities.." he mumbled as Ami approached. Ami had been doing pretty bad since they left Eden. Of course Will understood why. She lost so many people in an instant.. Monroe, Mia, David.. Will could hardly imagine it. Of course he could hardly imagine caring about that many people to begin with. Even though Will wasnt entirelt fond of Ami, he felt some reaponsibility for her. She'd started drinking heavily, and wasnt really making the best choices. He often found himself in a screaming match with the woman, trying to convince the woman to put the bottle down or stop trying to fuck every one the bats her an eye. It felt wierd without David around. He aleays knew what to do, what was best for the group. Even though Will wouldnt have admitted that before. But seeing Ami without him made her seem.. weak. Not physically, but emotionally. "You cant go one day without liquor and sex, and you call me the addict." Will shook his head as she got closer. "You look like shit.. are you ready to go?"

Before Ami could respond, it seemed another pair had interest in joining them. Wills eyes scanned over the two, the both of them seeming around his age. "Will...Alright, well you can join us for our run, see if youre worth keeping around." A slight smirk appeared on his face as he looked from River to Riley. His eyes glance passed the two of them to the man standing in the corner, leaned against a concrete beam of the stadium. "Luke, coming?" He asked the man, who in turn pushed off the pillar with a nod. He aplroached the groul, stopping in front of them as he adjusted his bag. Will stared at the silent man with the eye patch for a moment before turning away from all of them, pushing the door open.

----

"What you dont like it" Miller asked with a small smile as he looked himself over. "It geta a bit hot in that suit." He aaid with a small laugh. "I brought lunch." Miller added as he stepped inside, setting the food on the counter. "Thought you could use a bite to eat before todays class." Miller turned to face Haven and leaned against the counter as he looked back.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 am

Maxine let out a soft lazy chuckle as the man stated that it was dangerous out there. No shut Sherlock. She didn't say that out loud despite thinking it. Maybe it wasn't obvious that she wasn't a resident of the area but she'd done some traveling of her own. She stopped here to resupply and no one let her leave without an adult since she was a child. With a tiny smirk on her lips turned for a moment lifting up the back of her shirt just enough for him to see she was strapped. You'd have to be a fool to want to go out there without a weapon or a gun." Eh, no worries man. I'm just looking for an out here. We don't mix well I'll just go my own way, not like I stayed here on purpose." Max commented as the man made a comment about shitty personalities and then looked to a woman walking over.

She stepped out of the way when the woman walked over, taking a moment to check her out. The girl adjusted the satchel on her shoulder, looking around making sure no one was gonna say anything. You don't know how pissed she's been with the guards here not letting her leave this place. Max found herself smiling ever so slightly upon hearing this dude either joking or bashing the fact his friend sleeps around. Before anyone could say anything a few more people walked over asking to join in. Max spotted the sign language but sadly she didn't know a lick of it so she just yawned a little more. When people started moving Maxine simply followed, sticking her tongue at a guard they passed that stopped her every time she tried to leave.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:58 am

Mia had made her normal rounds around the new tents, sure she had to use some tactics she didn't like to be honest, but they needed supplies and she was sure these people would do just find. Having brought in a good haul of things, including a silver pocket watch that she was sure would be worth a good bit, she headed back to the depot entrance and smirked up at the guy she called Mac as she laid her bag on the table.

"What's this?" the older man asked looking a little bored.

"Well I got, a beautiful silver pocket watch that you turn the thing here at the top and it works find, no batteries. I also got a hand crank fan, a few packs of batteries, three unopened packs of menthol cigarettes, and...oh and a box of ten shotgun shells" she smiles proudly and crosses her arms as the man looks over everything.

"30 credits" he nods after a moment.

Mia drops the smile and looks at him confused, "30...a week ago this stuff would have given me nearly 3 times that...hell 30 credits barely gives me enough rations for me...I have...you know my sister's aren't doing well...come on please you gotta work with me here, Mac" she pleads.

The man rolls his eyes and looks back to the main door, "you're gonna get my ass killed, kid, fine I'll give you 40 but that's the best I can do for ya so you better pick shit wisely" he nods righting down 40 on a random piece of green paper.

Mia frowns but accepts the total as she heads inside the depot.

In Texas, Ami scuffs at Will's look and words as she takes out a flask and takes a drink before putting it back up. Rolling her eyes at the knew people she begins to walk ahead of the group heading to the doors, a part of her wanted to stay and enjoy life knowing that she had grieved, she didn't need to see the graves. Shrugging her back further onto her shoulder she steps up to the gate and looks at the guards, "heading out with that group..." she points a thumb behind her to Will and the other four, "we'll be back so please have a bottle of scotch ready for me when I get back...I'll need it" she frowns moving past them and walks through the tunnel heading outside.

Taking in a breath as she walks out of the tunnel her mood shifts and her attitude returns to that of the Ami before Eden. "Alright finding a car would be quick but would attract to much attention" she thinks aloud as she scans the area pulling out her Uzi and readying it just in case.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Haven smiled a little at his question,"No it lools good on you, looks more comfortable,"she said before her gaze dropped to the food in his hands. Two months in Eden, and Haven still wasn't used to having food every day but she was getting there,"and thank you I forgot to eat breakfast this morning,"she said as she patted her empty stomach.

Haven was busy drawing up the plans to taking down Harold. Of course it would take sometime for her to find the right kind of troops to help her with that. But she had some ideas up her sleeves, the bastard was going down for what he did.

As she took the food from him she motioned for him to join her at the small table, before going and grabbing two water bottles from the fridge. As she came back she set one in front of Miller and the other in front of herself before she began to eat, as she did she began to think about her first course of action, getting Miller to agree to her ideas.Without him Haven would be screwed to begin with, so she owed him that much to bring him in on her ideas.

----

Jo listened to Sin speak about a soldier telling her that her brother might be in Washington, sighing she looked around before asking,"Okay but what if we get there and they were flown out of the country? Or are stationed somewhere else?"she asked, knowing they couldn't chase her brother all over the country.

Mel wouldn't even like leaving without it being for her mother. But Joey was losing hope that anyone else made it out alive, she was beginning to think this was it from now on. But then again, Jo didn't have high hopes anymore. Or any hope.