Lost in Autumn

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Re: Lost in Autumn

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Xerxes wandered onto the stage and took his seat at one of the ends. He figured that since he was a “nerdy tech guy” he wouldn’t be as questioned or as praised as the captain or the dashing mercenaries, but maybe this could be at his advantage. “Besides,” he thought, ”besides; they didn’t notice my dad is Darius Darkbite - Pirate son of Hystaspes the Thief King of Triton.”

He chuckles at his grandfather’s self-acclaimed title; although he was good, he was no “king.” Nor was Darius, but he still managed to make a name for himself. To him, it was odd how the press didn’t arrest him, but then again they would’ve been to caught up in what sort of clothing everyone was wearing.

Xerxes Darkbite sat comfortably in his chair, popping an effervescent vitamin tablet into his glass of water before taking a sip.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Thorton followed the captain, watching Eden leave with a suspicious glint in his eyes. He didn't like the fact that she wouldn't be present during the interview. Perhaps she has to do some pre-flight work, but there's an engineering staff for that. The old soldier kept with the rest of the crew despite his suspicions, and took a on the the end of the row of chairs, opposite of Xerxes. It didn't escape him that the Canissary was seemed uncomfortable, like he was expecting some very pointed questions. Not unlike me, I guess. Despite how casually Thorton was dressed, he carried himself with authority and confidence.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Kivaa put on a smile and tapped the microphone in front of her, having not taken a seat yet since she would be the first to talk. "Hello everyone. I'm Kivaa Onsen, Captain of the Fall's Song and it's crew-" A bright light flashed, momentarily dazing Kivaa. "We'll be answering questions now, so if you have any please ask them in an orderly fashion." She finished, stepping back and allowing some of the reporters to flip through various notebooks and mementos that they had written down. More flashes from cameras snapped every now and then, and the light certainly disrupted her vision, but she had already gotten used to it.

"Ms.Onsen, what do you expect the crew to find?" The first question came from somebody in the back, and Kivaa simply smiled at such an innocent curiosity. "What do we expect to find? Most likely new life forms, and multiple habitable and uninhabitable planets. All of our findings will be immediately sent to N.O.S.E, by our Navigator Elijah." Kivaa fell into her more serious routine, answering questions in short and informative bursts. No smiles, not even a hint of genuine emotion on her face, save for the occasional comforting smile to the crowd.

"Will the Fall's Song encounter any possible hostile life?" Kivaa froze for a moment, almost unable to answer the question. "That-" She thought for a moment, looking down at the papers. "That's a possibility, yes. That's also why we have specialized security forces, like Pepper and William, to handle any sort of threat to the ship." It was a question she didn't like to think about; If life was out there, untouched by the influences of the Solar System, How would they react? Were they advanced enough to react in the first place? It was a question that kept Kivaa awake at night sometimes, long before she even knew she was to be the captain of such an expedition.

"Is there the possibility that you will, perhaps, pass on during the mission?" Her skin turned cold, and her eyes snapped towards the reporter. The ornaments dangling on her horns, she leaned towards the microphone and smiled. "I will no longer be answering anymore questions. You have violated my privacy, and therefore, have forfeited your rights to asking the Captain any questions pertaining to the mission." Moving away, Kivaa planted herself in her chair and crossed her legs, to affirm that she would not be moving from her spot. Hushed whispers spread through the crowd, but they quickly moved on to their next target.

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

Pepper stood up next, having heard her name being called from the roster. Moving to the podium, the subtle whispers became a bit more coherent, and she did not like what she was hearing. "Hello. I'm Pepper Morri, Security for the Fall's Song. Any questions?" She smiled, placing her hands across the wooden podium.

"What do you plan on doing on the ship?" Pepper thought about the question, pursing her lips in thought for a moment. "Guarding it. Making sure that in the rare chance somebody or something unauthorized climbs aboard, it is eliminated without second thoughts." Such was the way of Pepper; If you feel little for your targets, the guilt is less likely to haunt you afterwards. It was something she lived by, and perhaps was the reason she was so hot-headed and stubborn. If she had a personal reason to hate the target, then she could take them out faster without second-guessing herself or her motives.

"Will you be able to get along with your crew-mates?" Pepper frowned, realizing that these earth-folk probably knew her just as much as the next planet did. She was notorious for being a bit too stubborn to properly work with people she didn't know; Or people she didn't like. Sighing, she adjusted the microphone and smiled. "Yes, actually. I think I will be getting along with them just fine." Her answer had a bit of an edge to it, and she was just the tiniest bit annoyed with the bothersome questions.

"Do you have a preference for any of your-" She held up a hand, signaling that she was done. "That will be all. I should give the others a chance to be bombarded, of course." She turned away, moving back to her seat. She hated questions, especially from people who thought they knew everything. It was annoying, and questions that dealt with looks or personality always made her more agitated. Hoping to get it over with soon, Pepper leaned back in her chair and placed her hands in her lap, fiddling with them to pass the time.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 am

Yria was up next for answering questions. She stood in an elegant matter as she listened to the questions the reporters had for her. Her ears were perking up whenever an interesting question came up.

"Do you expect to discover new illnesses there?" Was the very first one. Yria nodded calmly. "Indeed I do, but I have prepared myself for everything. I cannot be surprised." The doctor spoke in her usual mannerism when at work. To be honest, she had memorised every page of her books to avoid any unpleasant surprises on the planet they would be going to.

"Do you think you will be able to find new cures?" The Katjui's tail swayed behind her softly as her lips parted to answer this question as well. "Well; I am hoping to research the local vegetation to find new and better cures for old and new sicknesses. I am very optimistic about this." Yria was a great researcher, but her work would take longer now that she didn't know who would be working under her. She was hoping they were as good as promised, she couldn't wait to discover all kinds of new things.

"Are you satisfied with your crewmates?" Yria simply nodded with a smile, looking at the Katjui reporter who asked her this. She was clearly young, her ears were twitching with excitement and her tail stood up straight. "While not having had the proper chance to get to know them, I am sure we will get along splendidly."

A few questions later and it was finally Tijah's turn, who could barely hide her excitement. It was time to show her best friend how much progress she had made! The Draleon confidently stepped forward, her hooves clicking against the marble ground as she faced the press with a big smile. The flower in her hair shimmered a bit as the yellow-eyed Draleon prepared to answer the questions thrown at her.

"Tijah! How does it feel not to be the captain, but co-pilot?" The Draleon had expected this question, smiling at the journalists as she pretended to think about it. "Hmm, well, it's certainly a new experience, but I feel very honored to be the right hand of Kivaa. She is the ideal captain for this mission, and I would not even attempt robbing her of her role. Kivaa is an excellent pilot." The whitehaired Draleon genuinely wasn't upset, she was going to work alongside her best friend after all.

"Do you miss your crew?" The Draleon didn't hesitate to answer, folding her hands in front of her. "Well, of course I do. I hope that the new captain they have been assigned to gets along with them just as I have. They're truly loyal and brave." Tijah had to admit that she would miss them, she always considered her crew to be a bit like a big family. Having had to hand them over to another captain she had thoroughly made sure that they would have it good.

"You and Kivaa went to pilot school together right? How does it feel to work under a previous schoolmate and competitor?" Tijah raised an eyebrow at this. She was taken aback that they had put this much research into it. "Well, I cannot tell you how joyful I am about these recent events. As a co-pilot I am more than ready to support her, as I do not feel a competition between us." The Draleon looked back at her best friend shortly, smiling at the captain.

With that she took her seat once again after giving the journalists a bit of material for their articles that would probably be published and known planetswide within a day.
Love, Kitty!

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:28 am

Next it was Xerxes' turn to speak to the "journalists of pain." Sighing lightly, he adjusted the microphone and tapped it lightly. "My name is Xerxes Darkbite; Researcher and Analyzer of Biology and Geology aboard the Fall Song. I will answer the questions you have for me."
Interviews were new to him, and judging by the reactions of his prior crewmates, these journalists would be annoying.

"What will have to be the most exciting thing you will discover?"
"Well that one is easy; sentient life will be a very exciting thing to discover. I hope that if we DO run into sentient life, they'd be completely ok with sharing their planet with us. If not, then we might have some problems." He hoped that they wouldn't have problems. He really hoped so.

"What do you think of your technology?"
Xerxes paused. “Well What I have looks very beautiful, and perfect for my work.”

"Of course we are curious about your opinions of the other crewmates. What are they?"
"They all seem very friendly, and I am definitely looking forward to hanging out with them for who knows how long. Plus, I reckon many of them and I will have many of the same hobbies. Comics are quite popular." he chuckled as he sat back, listening to his other crewmates.
Last edited by Hilo Takenaka on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Thorton saw the questioning ahead, and seeing as his name was mentioned, decided to rip off the proverbial Band Aid. He made his way to the podium, making sure to be respectful of the other crew members he'd pass in front of. Once he reached the microphone, the old soldier cleared his throat and spoke. "Hello, my name is William Thorton. I will be head of security for the Fall's Song. Does anyone have any questions for me?

"What qualifications do you have to be in charge of the security for an entire ship?"
Starting out easy? Thorton looked at the reporter in question. "I have twenty two years of experience in the security field, both as a security guard proper and as a security supervisor."

"Do you trust your crew?"
Rude. Thorton gave the reporter a mildly disapproving look. In a calm, confident voice, he spoke. "Yes. I trust N.O.S.E. to have selected the best and most capable people to perform this mission."

"Is it true that you have military experience?"
"That is correct." The old soldier's grip on the podium grew tight.

"And is it true that you are the same William Thorton who, reports say, marked targets for the Earth Navy destroyer Everest during the Luna Massacre?"
Thorton's knuckles turned white as he clutched down on edges of the table. His lip twitched and he inhaled sharply, audible enough that it could be heard faintly through the microphone. In a forcibly level voice, he let out one word. "Correct." Before any more questions could be asked, Thorton sat down, both hands clasped together and bowing his head to avoid eye contact.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Elijah was surprised when the medic sat next to him. Naturally because they are both katjuis it would be more comfortable, even though the whole operation is meant to support diversity. Still there is a slight gap, especially with the humans.

It took all his self control not to glance at her, just to admire. You’d think years of serving in the navy would teach you a few things. Turns out that it doesn’t prepare you for some cases and sitting next to a hot chick in front of large crowd is one of those cases. It also points out that maybe he is aa little young to be on a mission this great. In fact he noticed a lot of the crew are quiet young and look a little inexperienced. But that was his opinion.

Person after Pearson went to the mic to answer questions . Most of them turned out more or less as he expected. Utter trash. The media these days have no concept of personal space and always want to stick their nose in. It is his turn however. After the head guard took his place, Elijah stood up. As he walked to the spotlight he thought on what matter he would answer questions. Of coarse it would have to be in a professional and respectful manner but, if a personal or offensive question arises he isn’t scared to reply in force and lay shame.

He stood infront of the microphone and doing his best not to use a dragging monotone he said, “I am Elijah Rianhardt. Navigator of the Fall’s Song as you may have heard. What would you like to be answered?”

Immediately and an obvious question popped up, “Will we be receiving reports on your findings?”
Elijah saw the bullet come and confidently answered, “The Fall’s Song messaging system is based on laser transmissions. When we will discover a potential life-supporting system, It will take weeks or months for the data to be delivered but in short, yes you will be updated on our progress.”

“What is the chance of finding a new planet to support life?”
Elijah chose his words carefully. He sensed the media’s doubt.
“Potential planets have already been located. We will be investing a few as well as searching for more.”

“Do you want to say anything to friends before you leave”
That question nearly tipped Elijah off but he kept his cool. He didn’t want to embarrass himself or anyone. However he is slightly caught on a trick question. He didn’t want to let everyone know personal things he would say to his mates but of he didn’t say anything at all his mates would think he didn’t really care for them but, he did want to leave his mark so he spoke up.
“For my crew, don’t get too drunk without me and leave and stop putting shampoo in Thythons shoes.”
He was about to leave but then he remembered something in particular he thought he should say.
“Yiroshi, take care of your baby.”

Immediately the crowd erupted but Elijah ignored them and took his looking at Yira as he did. He couldn’t get over it quiet yet. Exotics just have this thing about them that capture him.

Sarah got up next, Daygon ever presently hovered over her. She new she was well known and would expect questions about her work and what will happen. She kept herself as optimistic as ever when she said, “Hi everyone, I’m Sarah and will happily answer questions you ask.”
Luckily she didn’t say every question because that would provoke the crowd to say some nutty stuff

“What will happen to your trillion dollar business”?
There it is and as if rehearsed she replied, “While I am away, management has been taken over be my trusted advisors and diplomats and I say to them try not to spend all the money at once.”

On to the next question, “Can the Fall’s Song really reach lightspeed?”
Sarah being one of the researchers and devolpers of the engines was a bit pissed off at the question. It was almost like a challeng. Years of work and test have gone into it.
“Yes they can and with great effiency. I have personally seen to it.

“Do you see yourself getting along with your department?
Sarah instently thought of Eden. She wasn’t sure how they will get along but it looks like it will take a positive turn.
“Yes I do believe there will be much cooperation and positive friendship building.”

As soon as she finished speaking another question, “Do you have any last word?”
She almost froze and her smile slightly dwindled. She located the reporter and noted it s thee same one as before. His question was as if this operation is a one way ticket.
“No I do not have any last words because I will be back.”
She trailed the sentence off in a little anger. She turned away and took her seat again.
Bad tempered, fire breathing, overweight lizards :D :) ;)

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:51 pm

As the last of her crew finished questioning, Kivaa stood up and cleared her throat loudly. She didn't need the microphone now, for her commanding voice easily rang above the crowd. "Questioning is over. May you all wish us the best; We will be victorious." She did not smile, but instead merely turned and motioned to the others to follow. She began to walk off stage, before hearing a voice calling out her name.

"What do they think of a former criminal bein' their Captain, huh?"

The voice was a familiar one, and Kivaa knew it by heart. An old friend, from her teenage days when she dabbled in the more unsavory practices of money making. She did not bother to look into the crowd, to find the man who said it, and instead kept walking, keeping her head held high. Kivaa had all but forgotten about her past, but it did come back to haunt her every now and then. She was never one to dwell on mistakes or failures, but her days as a smuggler often came back into her thoughts to remind her that she was not as perfect as she acted. Her thoughts were shaken away as the group made it to the elevator, which would take them all the way up to the bridge. There, they would enter the ship, put on their hyper-speed suits, and jump into the chambers. Pressing one of the buttons, Kivaa couldn't help but feel anxious once more; After this, there was no going back. There wasn't any chance of getting of this damned ship once she took her position in the Captain's chair. Letting out a sigh, Kivaa slipped into the elevator as soon as the doors opened, and waited patiently for the others.

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

Pepper was quick to follow Kivaa, glad to finally be out of the tense atmosphere. She didn't get a chance to hear what made Kivaa rush off so quickly, but she could only assume it was bad. Walking through the empty hallways was an almost sobering experience, one that brought Pepper to the realization that she would be one of the first Canissaries to leave the Solar System. Her tail wagged slightly at the idea, but she quickly stopped it and continued to walk. Her mind was racing with thoughts, and she almost couldn't contain them all; This would be one of the greatest things to ever happen in her life. Ideas of what lurked out there also entered her mind, and she began to think of what they would encounter.

As Pepper entered the elevator, she flashed a smile to Xerxes before looking out the glass window behind them. The entire elevator was clear, so that the crew could see the massive ship behind them. It was still awe-inspiring, even more so up close, and Pepper couldn't wait to finally be aboard. All of her stuff was already transferred to her room, but she knew that she'd have to wait on setting it all up. Her fluffy tail wagged once more, and her ears perked up at the sound of the ship's engines firing up for a test. "It's still amazing.." She said softly to herself, leaning against the glass and watching the ground-crew finish the tests.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:04 pm

Yria was calmly strutting towards the elevator, not giving the journalist's question towards Kivaa another thought. Rumor or truth, she didn't care. Kivaa was clearly a professional woman with a good heart and she was not going to flush it down the drain thanks to a random comment some random reporter made. All too well did she know those pesky journalists and their inappropriate questions. She gazed upon the big ship, a big smile now visible on her face. Yria was incredibly excited to get onto the ship and see her new office and the medical wing - she had been promised the finest of tools on all the planets. How exciting!

Tijah noticed the inappropriate question and Kivaa's tension building up immediately as she heard these words. The Draleons hooves clicked as she sped up her pace to walk alongside Kivaa, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder as soon as they were out of sight - she knew how hard Kivaa was trying to get over the bad she had done in the past, and in no way did Tijah feel that Kivaa was a bad person for what she had done in her younger years. The younger Draleon wanted to be supportive of Kivaa, as she had been in pilot school. Back then they covered each other's backs and made sure the other was okay, and Tijah would never forget that. The blonde looked up at the grey-haired pilot with a glint of worry in her eyes. At least the pilot wouldn't have to worry about those annoying reporters - or rather, the pesky old acquaintance - once they all entered the ship. The short Draleon entered the elevator and let out a soft sigh, before showing everyone an optimistic smile.
Love, Kitty!

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:08 am

Xerxes eagerly stood up and followed the rest of the group to the elevator. He was incredibly excited about his current situation; soon he'd be one of the first ever people to venture into the unknown, and the first hybrid, nonetheless. As he stepped into the glass elevator, he caught Pepper flash a smile at him, making him blush slightly. Looking outside of it, he saw the wonder that was the Fall Song in all of its glory. He heard Pepper say how wonderful it looked.

"It truly is the most magnificent piece of machinery I've ever seen." he replied to her, returning a playful smile. His tail was wagging slightly faster than hers, and the two tails even tapped eachother at times. Looking up, he examined the Fall Song's design a little closely, before turning to the Captain. "I hope you're able to pilot this thing well. I don't think anyone wants this beauty being scratched." he joked before turning back to the elevator walls.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon