Lost in Autumn

TehMagicPudding

Re: Lost in Autumn

Post by TehMagicPudding » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:46 am

Thorton looked at the surprised Pepper with an impassive face honed through years spent working as a bouncer for exclusive nightclubs. As she settled back into her seat, the old soldier sat down across from her. Sitting upright with squared shoulders, Thorton began his questioning. He allowed Pepper enough time to respond between each question. Every question was delivered with professionalism.

"So, you were brought on as additional security, correct? How did you learn to defend yourself?"

"What kind of security work have you done before this mission?"

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" Thorton chuckled. "Just making sure you're payin' attention."

"Do you know why N.O.S.E. selected you for this mission? "
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Hilo Takenaka
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:51 am

“Oh yeah... sorry. Xerxes Darkbite; best analyst for the job according to N.O.S.E. One question, however.” He paused, scratching the back of his head whilst she and her friend talked about the press. “Anyway, back to my reason going to you... how big is my research lab? And do I have anybody to assist me? What equipment do I have access to, because if we don’t have good research equipment we can die if even the air is slightly toxic.” His voice trailed off as he realised he was getting too worried. “Sorry.” He grinned.
Please join my roleplays:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8581

Avatar made by the magnificent Killer Ice Cream

P4perClips

Post by P4perClips » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Kivaa listened to Elijah’s question, before shaking her head. “Unfortunately, no. I can deflect some questions for you, if that’s what you want.” She offered, before turning her attention to Eden. Kivaa looked over the young girl, a smile growing on her face. “Ah, Eden! Nice of you to come talk to me.” She dipped her head in a customary greeting, before she head Tijah’s comforting voice in her ear. Sighing, she rose to her feet and stretched a bit. “I can’t believe I’m actually doing this..” she muttered, rubbing her hands together in anticipation. Her attention was once again torn away by Xerxes barking questions towards her. “Xerxes. Your equipment and lab will be large enough. If you need help, Pepper is always here.” She motioned to the only other canissary in the room. “2 minutes people!” She called, making her way towards the door.
── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── Pepper cringed with each question thrown at her. Seemed William was more interested in why she, a lowly mercenary, got picked for the job.

“I learned to defend myself from various trained professionals”

“Protected various important Cargo Transports and a few important targets before this.”

Pepper frowned at his strange question, feeling as if he was mocking her intelligence and ability to pay attention.

“N.O.S.E selected me because I’m one of the best mercenaries in the solar system.”

Pepper had grown agitated, taking a deep breath to calm herself. “Now, any more relevant questions?” She asked, her ears flicking in annoyance. “You may think of me as just a mercenary, but I know what the hell im doing.” Standing up, Pepper look down at him for a moment, before smiling. “I’ll speak to you and ACTUALLY get to know you on the ship, yes?” She moved past him, standing near the door.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Eden managed a small shy smile as the captain seemed happy to see that she had made it. She couldn't help but sigh a little as the cameras and press were mentioned. Avoid one landmine another pops up entirely." I wanted to say thank you for letting me join your um..crew. I promise to take care of the ship to the um..best of my abilities." Eden spoke a bit more confidently that time an even managed a slightly bigger smile. When the captain moved to walk towards the door that likely led to the press the smaller girl tried to slowly walk towards another. There was a reason she had hid from the first group and now there was a second one. She'd been direct orders to avoid the press at all costs as the holes in her story would easily be punched.

That would lead to a disaster for project E.D.E.N. So her best option was to do as she had been told and simply wait for the others aboard the ship. Hopefully no one would note her absence or notice the small woman slowly edging towards another door.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Hilo Takenaka
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Xerxes jotted down a few mental notes as the captain told him what the lab provided. It seemed like asking her this when she was getting ready for the press conference wasn’t exactly the best idea, but he felt like he should have.
After hearing the signal call that it was only 2 minutes until their interview, Xerxes waited by the door, looking at all of the new faces he’d be spending the next... who knows how long, with.
“By the way, I’m Xerxes.” He spoke in a ”I’m talking to everyone but I make it look like I’m only speaking to one person.” kind of way.
As Pepper approached the door, he turned to her and smiled slightly, “Cap’n wants me to call you up if I need help with my stuff, so, if you want, maybe I can show you my lab when we get on the Fall Song.”
Please join my roleplays:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8581

Avatar made by the magnificent Killer Ice Cream

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Thorton raised an eyebrow at Pepper's frustration, taking note at how agitated she looked and how she needed to steady herself. Takes no crap, confident. Can be good if she can continue to control herself. The old soldier stood up shortly after the mercenary, remaining straight faced and continuing to carry himself upright and broad shouldered while he walked to stand with the captain. "Ready to go, ma'am."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

P4perClips

Post by P4perClips » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:42 am

Pepper looked a tad bit annoyed as the call for 2 minutes rang out. She didn't like the idea of having more microphones shoved towards her, and reporters screaming questions at a fast pace. Perhaps it would be more civil, but if it was anything like it was outside, Pepper would lose her cool a lot faster than what she hoped. Taking a deep breath to ease her nerves, she began to imagine what her quarters on the ship would look like. Obviously each member got their own room, but there was the availability to double-board if requested. Pepper liked the idea of getting her own room, since it would be a welcome change from the Mercenary Ship she worked on. Perhaps she would decorate it, with little flowers and lights, just to brighten it up.

Her thoughts were quickly disrupted, once again, by Xerxes. Pepper looked over at him, her eyes narrowed slightly in slight agitation. 'What do I look like, a Lab Rat?' She thought, before flashing a fanged smile. "I'd rather get settled first. Perhaps after dinner?" She looked away from him, confirming that her 'question' was more of a statement. Pepper disliked being rushed, and most definitely didn't like having people feel the need to push her about. She would do things on her own time, in her own way, unless she absolutely believed that the person ordering her about was worthy enough. That brought her attention to William, who seemed to ponder for a bit before going to stand by the Captain. "Head of Security, huh?" She muttered softly under her breath, quickly glancing him over. He looked trained well enough, but the fact that he decided to 'Interview' her made Pepper a bit wary. He seemed like the type to take control whenever he could, and that was something that she certainly was not too fond of in a person. Dropping her friendly smile, she could hear the chatter of reporters off in the distances.
── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── Seeing Eden leaving, Kivaa quickly clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "All right folks! Put on your best media faces, and please do not snap at the reporters." She looked over everyone, her face growing stern. "Don't be afraid to reject questions. If you feel as if the media is badgering you too much, just tap me on the shoulder or simply walk away towards the Boarding Docks." Kivaa finished her miniature speech, before wrapping her hand around the handle. "I'm glad to be working with you all. May we prosper in our mission." Pushing open the door, the soft chattering of reporters became louder as she walked towards the main lobby, and the podium from where they would be answering questions.

Quietly walking up the steps, the sound of her hooves were muffled by the loud and rather annoying muttering of the reporters and their guests. It was one of the most important missions in all of the Solar System, yet the reporters still had time to comment on the clothing and appearance of the crew. Kivaa shuffled the papers in front of her, looking over to the others and waiting for them to join her on the mini stage that was set up specifically for the meeting.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 am

Eden was highly thankful to the captain as she gathered everyone's attention and letting her slip away. The young girl wasn't sure if she got away without anyone seeing but she was already hurrying towards the ship. Sure it might seem odd but there already was lie she had ready that had been rehearsed. The cover was that there was a last minute issue she needed to attend to so that the ship could lift off on schedule. It didn't take to long for Eden to make her way through the halls and end up at the entrance to the ship. Even knowing how big it was going to be the A.I stood in awe at the beauty that was the Fall's Song. A masterpiece when it came to starships.

Not wasting another moment just sitting there Eden boarded the ship and simply started walking around. It'd be a small bit before anyone else could come aboard so she had time to walk around. It was kinda nice having the schematics to the ship in her head letting her walk around without worrying about being lost.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:45 am

Sarah sighed when it is reporter time. She knew the importance of it. The system needs to know all the happening of their future. Making sure it is in good hands. However the other half of her says let’s get going already. There is a solar system to save.

She decided to put on a positive attitude however. The more she felt good about things the faster time goes. Being one of the first ones to go, she sped her way to the front and as she left the lobby Daygon noted to her through her earpiece, “Eden is going the opposite way.”

“Maybe she is a little shy.”

“Or they still don’t won’t to reveal and secrets yet.”

Sarah considered it.
“This will be an interesting one to crack.”

She corrected her helmet before revealing herself on stage, sure that she will be recognised from her work. She took a seat

Elijah being confident as ever walked onto to stage. He didn’t particularly like the idea of just having a meeting. Normally he would have a briefing then hop on board. But that was the military. This is something else, no doubt more important than just swatting pirate raids off. Maybe this does need to be seen. He took a seat on the left side of the captain, expecting the co-pilot to be on the right or is that too formal? Yet again, millitary discipline seeping its way in again.
Bad tempered, fire breathing, overweight lizards :D :) ;)

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:22 am

Tijah suddenly turned all professional again, her happy grin turned into a professional half-smile, her eyes clearly betraying her as they sparkle with excitement. Nevertheless she acted appropriately, strutting towards her seat to the right of Kivaa, crossing her legs as she sat down, smoothing her dress out and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She was so ready to face the press, in pilot school she was too nervous to talk in front of others, but she seriously wanted to impress Kivaa, maybe even make her proud. Her glowing yellow eyes wandered over the crowd in front of her, roughly counting the amount of reporters present. Her hands were folded on the table, and she was sitting up straight with confidence. She truly had practiced for this for weeks now, she was ready for any question thrown at her. Flashes of cameras were sounding throughout the room, between shouted questions. They were awaiting the crowd to quieten down a bit so they could answer the questions accordingly. Her smile never faltered.

Yria elegantly walked towards her seat next to Elijah, also crossing her legs. Her hands were folded in her lap, and she had a professional aura to her. Her smile was just slight, keeping it cool in front of the many reporters. She smoothed out her dress slightly, her ears twitching a bit at the many soudns surrounding her. Her tail was curling up around her ankle a bit, a sign of calmness. The Katjui was used to the press, thanks to her big success as a doctor. Her research in cures is also greatly impressive, and she is glad she had invested so much time in her work, otherwise she would never have gotten this far.
Love, Kitty!