Fate/Alternative

Vintage

Re: Fate/Alternative

Post by Vintage » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 am

Matthew rolled in his bed, unable to go to sleep. The dark room was filled only with silence and Asterios' occasional snoring. Starting up at the ceiling, the young brawler's mind kept going back to the singularity, where the director was nearly wiped out, killed by Professor Lainur. He felt helpless as the director was being rayshifted, unable to protect her or any other members of the party. He had to get stronger.

Lazily propping himself up and out of his bed, Matthew eventually stepped out into the cold, empty hallways of Chaldea. Asterios opened one eye to observe his master, "Mas...ter?" With a simple wave of his hand, Matthew motioned the berserker to go back to sleep, who strangely enough complied. The silver-haired boy was still in his sleeping clothes as he walked towards Roman's office barefoot.

Inside his office, Roman just unstuck the last wired suction cup from Mash's head, done with his vitals tests after her noble phantasm tests. With a sigh of exhaustion, Roman stated "Alright, that's the last of them. We know you're definitely a demi-servant, but we still don't know which servant fused with you..." Mash simply looked slightly towards the ground, almost embarrassed, "I don't know who I contracted with either..." Roman simply ruffled his own hair, before saying, "Well, I'm still human so I need sleep, too. You're free to go, 'cause I'm gonna head to bed as well. I wonder-" It was at this moment that Matthew entered Roman's office.

"Hey, Mash, do you mind if I borrow you really quick? That is, if you're done with your tests, doctor?" Mash raised her eyebrows in slight surprise, asking, "What for?" Matthew glanced towards the hallways and responded, "I need help summoning another servant." Roman gave the go-ahead, and Mash followed Matthew to the summoning room. "Do you have a specific servant in mind?" asked Mash, looking up towards Matthew. The young man shook his head, stating, "I just want another servant to be stronger, in order to protect the... Team." Eventually the two got to the summoning room. A tiny etching decorated a corner of the door frame, labeled "Rate up is a lie".

Placing her shield in the center of the summoning circle, Mash stepped back to Matthew's side as he turned on the summoning controls. A few seconds after the summoning circle began to glow, Matthew spoke his incantation, "I hereby declare. Your body shall serve under me. My fate shall be your sword. Submit to the beckoning of Chaldea for the fate of the world. If you will submit to this will and this reason…Then answer!" As Matthew spoke these words, runes sprouted from the shield, twisting and rotating around themselves. When the silver-haired master ended his incantation, there was a gold flash of light. As the light began to dim and clear from the room, there kneeled down was a young boy, a teenager by the looks of it with long red hair and gold along his arms and hands.

"Servant, Saber. Rama, great king of Kosala. I am at your service." With a smirk, the newly summoned saber looked up at Matthew and Mash.
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Killian

Post by Killian » Sat May 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Lambda had brought a cup of warm tea to her room after silently walking away. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she finally had the chance to take out her notebook from her bag.

With so many things out of control in the last few hours, the few things she could do was document. Any of the words she remembered Professor Lev saying. The current number of people ready for combat. She suddenly stopped, facepalming. In the morning, she'll ask Leonardo about if they have enough supplies... Wherever they were going next she could at least see if they could gather more.

... ...

Robin seemed to be able to rest anywhere, as long as it was moderately quiet and he was able to lie down. Despite how laxed he carried himself, he chose one of benches near Lambda's room, where he could easily be alerted. With one hand cushioning his head, he began to close his eyes. Technically he didn't need sleep, but there really wasn't much to do, other than maybe assess what new traps he could do. That's for later -

He peaked an eye open.

"Ah... Another one huh," he muttered to no one in particular. "I have a hunch it'll be another chivalrous one. Well, less work for me in the front-lines if they're the hardworking type."

Notes:

Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon May 21, 2018 2:46 am

Kimi was lying on her bed listening to "I want to break free" by Queen on her smartphone, her servants on the other hand were busy playing chess on a coffee table in the middle of her room.
“I sense a new Servant, Master.”
Said d’Eon as they moved a piece.
Kimi heard her clearly despite having the headphones on, being a master has benefits.
“Maybe we should summon another one for us?”
She asked as she continued to listen to her song and stood up to do the appropriate poses on her bed.
“It’s up to you master, personally, I could use another french servant to talk to.”
Said d’Eon.

“Hey, Master, I sense a new servant.”
Said Mordred as she entered the room, finally having finished her smoke,
“I sense so too, he seems strong from the likes of it.”
Said Boudica as she continued to pamper Gretel.
“Hey Master, you think the new guy is better than me? Master?”
Asked Mordred, Gretel did not respond.
“My thigh feels moist.”
Said Boudica as she moved Gretel away from hr and discovered that she had drooled on her thigh.
“She is such a child.”
Said Boudica with an amused smile.
Mordred on the other hand approached her and raised her elbow.
She tapped it twice before driving it into Gretel’s chest.
“BWAAAGH!”
Screamed Gretel as she woke up.
“Hey Master, there’s a new servant, why don’t we go check them out?”
Said Mordred as Morgan was rubbing her chest and breathing heavily,
“What have I told you about elbow slamming me in my sleep?! I could have died!”
“It’s fine, you’re still alive right, now lets go see who the new meat is!”
Said Mordred as she pulled Gretel along, with Boudica following.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Wed May 23, 2018 7:09 am

Matthew looked down towards his new servant in slight surprise. Rama, as in one of the greatest heroes of India? But why was he so... Young? Nevertheless, Matthew collected himself. "I am Matthew, of the Lief family. I will be your master for a while it seems. There will be other servants working together with us, such as Mash, here." Mash gave a soft smile and a wave. Rama nodded and said, "Yeah, I noticed this wasn't quite a regular Holy Grail War, in a addition to detecting multiple servants just now." With a smile the young hero-king stood up and continued, "You needn't worry so much though, just leave things to me and I'll take care of it."

Matthew raised an eyebrow at this fairly cockier version of the Rama he was used to, in comparison to the Ramayana. "I'm sure you'll be great on the team. Come on, I'll introduce you to the others in the morning. For now, I'm heading back to bed. It's about midnight, you know?" With that, the silver-haired master thanked Mash and let her leave to go about her business, whatever that was.

As Matthew and Rama walked through the Halls of Chaldea, the newly summoned servant examined the walls of the facility, not sure if he should be awed or bored. Suddenly, Matthew heard the multiple approaching footsteps of what he assumed was a master and their servants. As the two rounded the corner, they spotted Gretel and two of her other servants. Lancelot seemed to be the missing one (thankfully). "Oh, um... Hi, Gretel, I was just heading to bed. I suppose this is a good time to introduce the new member of the team..." Turning to his Saber, he continued, "You can go ahead and also reveal your true name." With that, Rama stepped forward and took a slight, respectful bow.

"Greetings, I am Rama, hero-king of Kosala. Saber-class." Lifting up from his bow he smiled and said, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 am

“A pleasure.”
Said Boudica, Mordred on the other hand didn’t look impressed.
“Eh, figured the new saber was somebody stronger, if I were to rate us like those restaurants in this era, I’d be a 5* and he would be a 4*.”
Said Mordred with pride.
“The rating only goes three stars Mordred.”
Muttered Gretel as Boudica chuckled at that and said;
“Does that make me the best restaurant then?”
Gretel then tried to look Rama in the eye but flustered a bit before bowing and saying;
“PleasedtomeetyouI’mGretelbye!”
With that, she ran off.
“What’s her problem?”
Asked Mordred.
“Remember, Master has a problem with men.”
Said Boudica.
“She doesn’t have a problem with me.”
Said Mordred looking confused, Boudica just sighed and apologized to Matthew and Rama.
“Please forgive my Master, she had a bad time in school with men, we bid you good evening then.”
Said Boudica with Mordred following.

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 am

Rama recognized each of the servants' greetings individually, no matter how... Unique they were. The other saber seemed much cockier than Rama would expect from a lady, but he simply waved it off. They weren't the least pleasant bunch, Rama supposed. The young king raised an eyebrow at the girl who would barely meet his gaze before running away. "Ah, what a bashful young lady. I'm sure she'll come around, though." Rama said with a smile. With that, Matthew and Rama bid the others adieu before heading back to the silver-haired master's bedroom.

"Say, master, why did you summon me? It seems like you have more than enough servants by your side." Rama inquired as the two walked along. "I've never seen a master with more than two servants at a time." Matthew gave a sigh, before scratching his head and saying, "In our last battle with the enemy, I felt so helpless. Sure, Gretel and the other masters can more than handle whatever problem comes our way, but I just don't feel... Like I matter in a fight, despite having a berserker. Here, I'll introduce you to Asterios." As the two headed into Matthew's room, Asterios was still there, legs crossed and dozed off in the corner. The giant man peeked up through his mask before giving a slight huff of recognition and going back to sleep. "Charming." Rama stated. Matthew kindly instructed Rama to wait and watch outside the door while the young brawler got some sleep, to which the saber complied.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:09 am

As the night went on, Doctor Roman then proceeded to his room to eat some cake.
Only to discover that some people were eating it.
“MY CAKE!”
Shouted Doctor Roman as three young servants were eating his cheese cake.
“How do you do doctor? This is a lovely cake.”
Said Nursery Rhyme as she continued to eat her slice,
“I must say, you have good tastes doctor.”
Said Andersen in his usual deep voice.
“Mommy, do you want some cake too?”
Asked Jack as she offered him a slice.
“Er, thank you.”
Said Roman as he quietly took the cake from Jack.
“I also made you a Chocolate.”
“Really?”
With that, Jack showed him a an anatomically correct human heart made from chocolate.
“It’s for you mom!”
Said Jack happily.
Doctor Roman lost his appetite by then.
“Uh, I’m going to bed now, you just take this cake slice and eat it.”
Said Doctor Roman as he decided to turn in.
“Yippie!”
Said Jack as she got the cake, under his blanket, Doctor Roman was shivering at the sight of that chocolate heart.....

It was morning when Kimi was the first to show up in the mess hall with her servants.
“Now what shall I have for breakfast...”
She wondered.

“Master, wake up, let’s get something to eat.”
Said Mordred as she kept poking Gretel with her Clarent.
“My head still hurts from last night, just pick me up something at the mess hall.”
Muttered Gretel.
“Let’s not bother Master any further Mordred, let’s go get some food for her.”
“Eh, but how would we know what food you want?”
“Just get me bacon, eggs and some side dish.”
“Mashed potatoes or rice?”
“Either”
With that, Mordred and Boudica went to the Mess hall while Gretel lay on her bed trying to weather a headache.

Killian

Post by Killian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Lambda's mornings started slow. She had been sitting upright in bed for about 10 minutes, slowly blinking. When she finally was no longer half-asleep, she got out of bed. Seeing the notebook on her table reminded her events from yesterday evening. Her movements then quickened, as she hurriedly got ready to leave her room.

Robin was no longer lying on the bench, but rather sitting upright. She didn't much of a glance after a mutter of "morning". He hopped onto his feet to follow after her. It took only four strides until he was walking next to her.

"Awaiting further orders for today?"Robin started off, and a confirmed answer was given in the form of a grunt. "Ahh... sounds so busy. Also, master, you might not have noticed, there was another servant summoned yesterday."

Lambda turned to give Robin a look at the entrance. "Oh, so there's four new ones now [1]?"

Before Robin had answered, the corner of Lambda's eyes caught attention of Kimi's hair on the other side of the hall. "Morning, Kimi," she said, before giving a brief nod to Ushikawamaru and Chevalier. There was a yawn while she stood next to the other master to look at what was available for breakfast. "Did you rest well?"

It wasn't the most engaging topic she could come up with, but it was too early in the morning for Lambda to care.
Notes:
[1] She's including Alice, Jack and Anderson in the number count.
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:38 am

“I slept wonderfully darling, I was lulled to sleep by my favorite rock songs, rock is such a divine thing to listen to” Said Kimi, “most people assume I’m into more classical things, but I’ll say it here, Rock is Sublime!”
With that, she posed as she said it.
“But do forgive me for prattling on, I think I’ll have some Miso Soup, some Dango and a green tea for breakfast, what about you? What will you have?”
Asked Kimi.

“I’ll have eight strips of bacon, five eggs, and some rice and mashed potatoes to go with it.”
Said Mordred as she ordered it to the mess hall staff.
“Is that for Master Mordred? That seems like quite a lot.”
Said Boudica as she held a tray with some food for her own, hers was buttered vegetables and some beef.
“Nah, it’s for me! I’m starving!”
Said Mordred as she got her food.
“What about Master?”
“We can get her food later, let’s eat!”
Shouted Mordred as she went to a table.

“I’m so hungry....” Muttered Gretel. “I think I should have gone with them to the Mess hall after all...”

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Matthew drowsily opened his eyes as his alarm went off, the constant beeping of the electric clock filling his ears, even after he covered them with a pillow. He turned it off before it could annoy Asterios into breaking it, rubbing his eyes. The young master swung his legs over the side of his bed and stood up, getting himself dressed before heading out. Bringing his two servants along, Matthew headed for the mess hall.

"Through my summoning, I learned that the world is almost dead, but you're doing something to fix it. So, when are we going out?" Rama inquired as the three walked through the halls. "For now," Matthew started, "I need something to eat. Then we can worry about the rest of the world." With that, Asterios made a grunt of approval, despite not actually needing to eat. Rama simply shrugged and continued on with his master as they walked.

"G'morning, everyone." Matthew stated as he walked through the mess hall doors. The silver-haired brawler acknowledged more or less everyone in the room, "Lambda, Kimi. Servants." Without Matthew drawing any attention him, Rama spoke up to introduce himself. "Greetings! Despite looking so young, my name is Rama, saber class. I look forward to fighting alongside you!" Matthew glanced at Rama as he made his entrance, making a gesture towards the saber. "Everybody, this is Rama. Rama, this is everybody." The young master then proceeded to pour himself some cereal and milk, slicing strawberries over the now-filled bowl.