Fate/Alternative

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Fate/Alternative

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am

Fire.
There was fire everywhere.
That’s all she could see.
The city was engulfed by it, oddly though, despite the flame, there was no smoke around, it was as if the flames were an unnatural contamination.
Gretel dusted herself off and saw her servant’s standing at guard, with them was a young woman in a skintight Mystic Code, Gretel’s Mystic code was the standard Chaldea uniform, whereas the other girl’s was a modified Combat Uniform.
“You’re awake, and here I thought I was going to have to use mouth to mouth to wake you up...”
Said the other girl.
“You’re disgusting! A simple nudging would have worked for me Kimi!” Said Gretel “Where are we?”
She asked as she got a closer loook at her surroundings.
“A city in Japan, judging from the signs, somewhere in Kyushu.” Said Kimi “and also, call me Ken for now.”
“What? Why?”
“I just feel like it.”
Gretel couldn’t believe it and then went to check on her servants
“Mordred, Boudica, where’s Lancelot?”
“He chased after some Skeletons Master, but don’t worry, we’ll run into him sooner or later, it would take a lot more bones to bring that bastard down.”
Said Mordred as she hefted her Clarent, Boudica just looked sharp.
“Master, I say we look for others, we weren’t the only ones sent back here.”
Said Boudica.
“Alright then, but where do we start?”
As soon as Gretel said that, a howl was heard, it wasn’t a wolf’s howl, it was that of a very angry man’s.
“Looks like there’s our cue.”
Said Kimi, her two servants came up to her as well.
“Let’s follow the howl to sir Lancelot Master.”
Said d’Eon, with that, the group then ran off towards Lancelot.

As the earlier group ran, two souls were walking the city as well.
“Kyrielight! Please slow down! I can’t catch up!”
Said Olga Marie as the Demi-servant turned to her.
“I’m sorry director, its just that I have never ran out in the open before like this, and I know now isn’t a good time, but this is my first glimpse of the outside world.”
Said Mash.
“Well, not all of us have the stamina of a heroic spirit.”
Said the Director as she struggled to catch her breath.
As the two took a short break, they heard a howl.
“That sounded like Lancelot Director!”
“We better go then.”
“Yes!”
“Just one thing Kyrielight.”
“What is it director?”
“Please carry me....”
“.....”
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Killian

Re: Fate/Alternative

Post by Killian » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 am

Somewhere else but not exactly far away, Lambda was grumbling about the soot in the air and the heat. "Next time..." she muttered while walking ahead of her currently only servant, Robin Hood," remind me to bring emergency supplies, such as masks."

"Master, are you saying we'll be having more field work next time?" Robin asked. His voice was light, but Lambda already knew he hated troublesome things such as being thrown in the front line as well. Expecting him to say something about he'd have no choice but to do his best, a hand pulled on her shoulder.

"Do you hear that?" Robin tilted his head towards the west side. Everywhere looked similar though, with the debris and destroyed modern buildings and scorching fire.

"Hear what?"

"I heard a howl, or yell... over that way."

Lambda was thinking about it for a while. "Alright, let's go," she said, ignoring the unsatisfied look from her Servant. "What -"

"Yes, yes, I know," Robin sighed walking behind her. "It means someone might be fighting our fellow Chaldea comrades."

... ...

Within a few minutes, the two had heard the howls louder and clearer, both recognizing it was Gretel's Lancelot. Climbing her way over the pile of debris, Lambda's eyes widened at the sight of a blue-hooded servant with a staff. She didn't recognise who that was, and by the way he was repeatedly stepping away from Lancelot's attacks. But knowing Lancelot's nature...

"Hey, Robin," she asked, crouching down from where she was standing.

"No, master," Robin's face had a wry smile. "if you're asking me to sleep drug that brute, it's going to take too long..."
Previously Luki | MAIN ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy irl and will respond slow to RP posts. Thank you for your patience ^^

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:48 am

Matthew's eyes drowsily opened to snow white... fur? Hair? It didn't matter. He could hear the crackling of flames not too far off. Was he still in Chaldea? All he could remember was the sudden explosion, then darkness. As he further opened his eyes, the young man found himself being carried in Asterios' arm, cradled like a baby while the Berserker's other arm held a large axe. "Master... You're... Awake." The masked servant stated, the tiniest hint of relief in his voice. "Yeah... I'm good, big guy. It's gonna take more than that to take me out." If Matthew hadn't hardened his body before the impact he might've been...

Nevertheless, as he was let down from Asterios' arm, Matthew looked around. Asterios seemed to have already swept aside a few enemies, but the young master couldn't tell what they were from the remains. Seemed like bones... He instead found that they were not, in fact, still in Chaldea, but they were surrounded with ruined buildings, with no sign of survivors. With a worried frown on his face, Matthew brushed off his jeans, and motioned to Asterios before walking off.

Amongst the rubble of the ruined city, Matthew wondered where all the people were. Yeah, it looked bad, but there had to be someone else here... Right? Asterios followed close behind his master, twin axes held in each hand at the ready. Suddenly, a loud, deep wail was heard, somewhere to what seemed like the West. With that, Matthew ran towards the baying of what sounded like one of Gretel's servants.

Climbing over a hill of bricks and rubble, Matthew saw him. The black knight clad in heavy armor wileding whatever he could get his hands on. Not too far off, Matthew could barely spot Lambda, but her servant was nowhere in sight. Not doubt hiding, knowing her notorious servant. Asterios stood tall at the top of the hill, growling down towards the black knight and his combatant. Motioning for Asterios to calm down, Matthew then waved towards Lambda, hoping she'd notice the two of them, conspicuous as they were.
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:47 am

As Lancelot continued to try and land a hit on the mysterious caster, a voice shouted;
“Lancelot! Stop!”
And he turned to look at the direction, Gretel was flanked by her two other servants and Lancelot lowered the stop sign he was using as a weapon.
“My thanks young lady, I was simply minding my own business when this fellow came out of nowhere chasing some skeletons, I took some out for him but he seemed to think I was with them.”
Said the Caster as he sat on a still standing bench.
“Who are you?”
Asked Gretel.
“I’m Cú Chulainn, a servant of this here holy grail war, or was, before this city all went to hell.” Said Cú gesturing to their surroundings, “the other servants, something caused them to go dark, I don’t know what it was, but I’m the only one that escaped the madness, I’ve been fighting these skeletons for a while now and some friendly faces are all I need.” He said as he saw Kimi and her form fitting combat suit.
“Especially young Lasses with some curves.”
“Why thank you.”
Said Kimi with a warm smile
“Now then, to all of those hiding around us, I may not have good detection skills, but I saw you watch me fighting this knight over here and leaving me to dry, so why don’t you come out?”
Said Cú in an annoyed tone.

Killian

Post by Killian » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 pm

"Ok, so if you're saying we can't just knock him -" her voice was interrupted when on the other side of the clearing, there was someone waving. With the better sight of the two, Robin Hood recognized that as Matthew. "And he has the giant white-haired brute with him."

Lambda lifted her hand up as a greeting signal before pointing towards the current fight and tilted her head. It was as if she was asking if he had some good suggestions for how to stop Lancelot.

Fortunately a female voice was heard, and both master and servant turned to see it was Gretel. She gave out a sigh of relief when Gretel had made Lancelot stop. She started walking down to approach them third group with Robin Hood following behind.

The words "leaving (him) to dry" didn't have a good feeling in her, and Lambda expressed it with giving an annoyed look. Definitely not the best way to express guilt or apologies. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry ok? I'll be quicker next time." she scowled. She gave another huff before turning to Kimi and Gretel. "Do you know where this is? All I can gather is this is a modern city, and there's quite a few walking skeletons around..."
Previously Luki | MAIN ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy irl and will respond slow to RP posts. Thank you for your patience ^^

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am

Matthew watched as Lambda recognized him, signaling back to him while making a gesture towards Lancelot. Matthew looked towards Asterios, who seemed to be idly scratching his ear, still watching the two below them. While his Berserker was definitely a force to be reckoned with, the young brawler wasn't sure how he'd manage a three-way fight between Lancelot and the caster, and didn't want to particular hurt the ally servant, ally being a loose term.

Before Matthew could respond to Lambda with a shrug, he saw about five other figures come into view, including Gretel. With a sigh of relief, the orphan began to descend from his high vantage point. Asterios followed close behind, disappointed that he didn't get to fight.

Sliding down the hill on his heels after the two other masters, Matthew barely stopped himself from falling flat on his face in front of the caster. He waited as Caster explained the situation to them, listening with suspicion. He first allowed Lambda to speak up. "I'm sorry I wasn't inclined to help. It's not like I'm too excited to assist a mysterious caster in a burning city, fighting an ally servant." Matthew stated, eyebrow raised. He wasn't particularly hostile, but he was definitely a little passive-aggressive. Glancing around, the young man also said, in a worried tone, "Wait... If this is everyone who's shown up so far from Chaldea's accident... Where's the director? Do you think she's alright, back at Chaldea?
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:05 am

“Actually, we’re here.”
Said a voice, it turned out to be Mash Kyrielight, Doctor Roman’s ward, and on her back, was Director Olga Marie Animusphere.
“What are you wearing?”
Asked Gretel, looking scandalized.
“Its a nice fit there though young lady.”
Said Cú with a grin.
“As for where we are, we in in Japan, somewhere around Kyushu specifically.”
Said Kimi,
“So what now?”
Asked Mash.
“Well, seeing the state of this place, I can tell that this is probably a singularity.” Said Olga Marie, “we just need to find a grail here, but first, we need to set up a communications and supply line to chaldea.”
“How do we do that Director?”
Asked Gretel.
“Oh that’s easy, we just need to do it on a leyline, unfortunately, I doubt any of us know where to find one here...”
Said the Director.
“Worry not young lass, I think I know where it is, during the holy grail war we were having here, I discovered its location, unfortunately, its guarded by some corrupted servants.” Said Cú, “I’m afraid I’m no match for then by my lonesome, but with you all here, we might stand a chance.”
“Seems like a good idea, although I must ask, what do you get out of it?”
Asked Gretel a bit suspicious.
“I can get back to fighting a proper grail war instead of having to watch my back with Skeletons and Shadow servants trying to kill me, that’s what.”
Said Cú,
“Alright then, any objections?”
Asked Olga Marie.

Killian

Post by Killian » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Lambda gave a hum and nod of acknowledgment to Kimi's answer. With two other masters and the director agreeing to work with Caster Cú, Seeing Lambda's response, Robin mumbled about something "then I guess time for me to also be getting to work soon."

Of course, Gretel would be on guard. Something that she approved of given their current situation.

If the director and others had started following where Caster Cú Chulainn was guiding them, Lambda would have followed along. Frowning, she suddenly remembered something else. "Did you guys see any of the others? Or do you know..." her words trailed off as she saw moving figures in the distance.

"And here come the skeletons...." Robin muttered, holding up his arm with the crossbow.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:15 am

“Prepare for battle.”
Said Gretel as her Servants drew their weapons.
“Sit tight master, watch and behold a real knight at work.”
Said Mordred as she readied her sword, her helmet moving to cover her face.
“Master, get behind me, big sis will protect you.”
Said Boudica.
“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”
Yelled out Lancelot as he gripped the stop sign he was holding tighter.
“Protect me! I’m the leader of Chaldea!”
Yelled Olga Marie as she hid behind Mash and her shield.
“Alright you two, time for us to have some fun.”
Said Kimi as she started swaying left and right.
“Understood master, Midare Utsuze!”
Said Ushiwakamaru.
“En Garde foul monsters!”
Said d'Eon.

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 am

Matthew gave a sigh of relief as he saw the director, protected by... Mash? What was she wearing? What weapon was she holding? Never mind that, all that mattered right now was that the director was safe... For the most part. Of course Matthew would be concerned about the director, it's just that she's the one who hired him, is all. Upon hearing that they needed to head to a leyline to set up supplies, Matthew only thought of the enemies that might get in their way, the servants Cú mentioned being among them.

Before Matthew could respond to Lambda's question, her servant spoke up before the young brawler could. Squinting into the distance, he could see the group of skeletons ahead of them, drawing closer and closer. As the other servants prepared themselves for battle, Matthew was about to direct Asterios to charge into the skeletons with Lancelot, before he heard the (rather pathetic) cry of Olga Marie. She seemed safe enough behind Mash' shield... But Matthew had to make sure she was protected as well.

Rushing to the side of the director, Matthew ordered his servant, "Asterios! Smash any skeletons that get close to the director!" With a snort of acknowledgement, Asterios lingered nearby, eyeing the skeletons through his steel mask. Matthew would spare a place towards the director before watching the group of skeletons once more. He doubted many would get past the front line of servants, but just in case...