[RP] Days of the Hero

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: [RP] Days of the Hero

Post by ShaFlow » Thu May 10, 2018 4:28 am

"Yes I am aware of your special interests." Amane growled, catching both boots inspecting inside."If I find any of your juices inside, I'll personally turn you into a toaster." She growled slipping them on easily. Attaching Sesshomaru to her back while it was still sheathed from the corner behind the door; then grabbing the wooden practice sword.

"I'll probably be at the headquarters, or not depending how I feel."

With no hesitation she walked out of the door properly using the "handle" as it was intended. Amane made her way towards CHA's headquarters; that was always the first stop during daily rounds. The tower could be seen from the front of the apartment building. There was always something interesting or a rumor floating around C.H.A's grounds. Be it among the heroes, pedestrians or staff.

It was a fifteen minute walk taking into account the heavy traffic and activity in the area...

The walk was simple, quiet and peaceful...she didn't like it.

Eventually guided towards the direction of a group of fleeing pedestrians a smirk crawled across her face. Finally, a real warm up.
---

The sight was something. Webbing scattered around, a dead corpse of some type of insect and a variety of different heroes. Dammit. If something else didn't attack or cause havoc Amane's muscles were gonna stiffen. She sighed then her head snapped to the blue man stuck in webbing. It would have been so sad if it wasn't quite hilarious out-of-context. More interestingly how could something like this happen near the headquarters...the S-ranks must have been away or decided not to even bother.

Shrugging, there wasn't anything of interest going on besides that battles aftermath.

It had been two whole days since Amane seen some action herself and that Merrick got some early in the morning, was enough to put ignite a fit of rage. She approached the corpse than began poking it with the wooden weapon. Confirming that it actually died.

"Eh, kind of sloppy, but it got the job done I guess. Whoever dealt the killing blow could probably work on their handling." This was supposed to be just a thought, but unintentionally(or intentionally) spoke it aloud.

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Sun May 13, 2018 12:59 am

After she managed to slice through it, Volt turned to the girl with a smile and an extended hand, “A-Class hero Lightspeed, right?” He asked, I’m Volt, B-Class. T-thanks for the save!” He said with a grin, “real sticky situation huh?” He rubbed the back of his head nervously as if unsure of what to say next.

————————
“Well, that was anti-climactic,” The black-haired woman stated dryly, munching on a potato chip, “mind telling me what we were supposed to learn from that, doc?”

“Well, for one we know that the formula works, secondly, we know what at least some of the Hero association’s current talents can do, and lastly, my dear Victoria...” the doctor turned towards a monitor displaying a close-up of Volt, a malevolent smile crossing his face, “I do believe we’ve found your brother.”

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Aurelia shook the other hero's hand, a content expression on her face.

"You know about me! I'm flattered." The girl chuckled, glancing back towards the girl standing behind her poking the dead body of the spider-like monster and talking to herself. Her criticisms were heard but had no real affect, her speed must've caused her to be less accurate; perhaps if she gave her weapon a foreign name like Blaze did then her wielding would improve.

Sliding her hands into her pockets, Aurelia briefly faced the creature again. Perhaps this other hero, Volt, could explain to her how it got there as it was a complete mystery to her.
"So, do you have any idea how this thing got here?" Aurelia asked, gazing towards Volt as she spoke. "I kind of just jumped in, I apologise if you wanted to kill it by yourself."

Volt didn't seem too affected by the way Nyx jumped into the fight, however she decided it was best to apologise just in case.
Last edited by Water on Sat May 19, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Aqua's Princess

Vacant
Silver
Location: Backseat of your truck with duct tape stretched out.

Post by Vacant » Sat May 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Charging at 95% capacity. Would you like to turn off power saver now?

Ah fuck it. Whatever.

Merrick sat up from his charging station, his battered body protesting against his movements. “I just got out of a fight. Right. I need to hit the lab and get a quick fix up.

He sat up, “groggily” looking around the room as power saver’s effects were wearing off. Right, Amane had left, disappointing. This left him in the house alone, bored and broken. He unplugged himself, not bothering to place any decent clothing on, leaving in his torn garments.

“How?”

Got into a fight with a few Brain Matter thugs.

“And you thought that was a good idea.”

They were trying to kill this girl and-

“Of course it was a girl.”

SHE WAS LIKE 12 MAN! CHILL!

The doc burst out laughing, scattering his tools all over the floor. “I’m just yankin ya chain. I already got the report, was expecting you an hour ago.”

I needed to charge. Just hurry up.

“Right.” The doc strapped Merrick to the table, his left arm breaking apart to reveal multiple tools placed inside the forearm. A few clicks on a keyboard and Merrick could feel his body powering down completely. “This exactly how much damage you took when you fought Mernrad. How long did it take me? Thirty minutes? Let’s try to cut it to 15.
Let Me Take Away Your Sorrows.

someguywithakeyboard

Post by someguywithakeyboard » Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 am

"Well, yeah!" Volt gave an enthusiastic reply to Aurelia, "I did a lot of research on the heroes in the association before I joined." Volt faltered when she asked about the origin of the monster, looking down as if he was embarrassed, "Well...I got informed about a monster attacking citizens, and, well I went to go stop it, and I thought I killed it, but here it is," He gestured to the giant-sized body of the monster, "All huge and alive and whatnot, no idea how it got so big, but I got a feeling it couldn't do that naturally..." He just smiled when she apologized, "Don't worry about it, I probably couldn't have taken this thing down if I tried on my own, only been at this super-hero-ing stuff for about a year now. Besides, it's kinda cool to team up with another hero."

Vacant
Silver

Post by Vacant » Wed May 23, 2018 12:15 am

“Wake up, Tinshit.”

What a sweet alarm to be woken up to. Merrick rose from the metal slab, feeling energy begin to course through his metallic body once again. He examined his arms. 100 percent fine, no jerky or sluggish movements or resistance. He couldn’t hear anything rattling around in there. The doc was in a good mood today.
“Don’t gawk, what do think I fucked it up?”

Nah, nah you did great.

Well, in as good as a mood as he could possibly be.
You know of any possible missions going on around here I could lend a hand to?” Merrick asked, standing up from the metal slab.

“Uh, there was a giant spider, not too far from here. There are a few blips in the area, heroes. I’d imagine it’s dead by now.”

So why are you telling me?

“Still a spider. And when spiders give birth to babies.. sheesh. You gotta a few thousand crawling nightmares trying to fuck you up. I dunno scan the area for spider eggs. I’m shooting you the address now.

Right. I’m on it.

Merrick had been nearing the area, trying his best to avoid stepping on spiderwebs, while also keeping an eye out for whatever would closest resemble eggs.
Honestly I’m thankful that the spider’s dead. Didn’t feel like being ruined by stick spider fluid. Not after I just out of a fight.

Doc had mentioned a few blips being in the area, so he wasn’t surprised to hear voices in the distance. One of them being all to familiar. “Amane?” Merrick sped up, turning a corner to find a few heroes around the monster. “AmaneeeeeeeeeNyx~. Hello” Merrick, as what usually happened when he found a pretty face, forgot the reason he was even in the area. “Why hello there my alluring aqua sensation. Did you despatch of this creature all on your own?

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 am

"Yeah, teaming up is nice. As long as you don't get paired with asshol-"

Aurelia stopped speaking instantly when she noticed another hero running into the scene. Perverted Justice: LightSpeed had run into him a few times. His name described pretty much what you needed to know about him.

Chuckling slightly at his compliments, Aurelia observed how quickly the other hero changed upon spotting her. He certainly was a charmer and, obviously, a pervert.

"I had a little help. Was just telling Volt here that joining up with a few people can be better than doing it alone."

Remembering how she had previously heard about Perverted Justice getting into a fight with Brain Matter, she decided to ask him about it.

"Apparently you got scuffed up pretty bad a while back. Seems you're fine now, through. Not feeling a bit stiff?"
I am Aqua's Princess

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 am

"There's only one stiff thing about him...and if he tries anything I bet it can be easily cut off too."
Amane snickered, stomping the carcass. Trying to get some sort of rise if it were still alive. You could never be too careful. But also letting out boiling frustration that was pent up inside as well.

Why was it when she was looking for a fight, they were always taken or at the climax. There needed to be some excitement!

BRRNG!BRRNG!

Amane pulled out her smartphone from a sleeve from inside her shirt. A frown turned upside down as she quickly turned towards Merrick."Yo! Merrick! We got trouble across town! If we sprint, we can make it!" Dashing off in the direction of the Neon District, she wasted no time.
----

Screaming and panicking civilians. Of course for most heroes that's a usual sign of some type of disturbance. In this case however it was in the shape of a vending machine gone rogue. Equipped with a pair of arms, legs and other weird extremities; the vending machine ejected cans of soda-pop at alarming speeds. Able to pierce through the metallic hulls of cars. How it came to be "alive" is currently unknown. But as it currently stands it's causing massive property damage and destroying public establishments as well.

Vacant
Silver

Post by Vacant » Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Stiff… heh, the only thing makin me stiff around here is y—” Amane stole the joke, robbing Merrick of his punchline and simultaneously threatening him in one go. “If you cut it off I’ll just have the doc build me a better one, no big deal.” Merrick stopped to listen as Amane received her call, before she called on him to another section of the city. “Well LightSpeed, you can tell me what time to pick you up after this mission.” He winked before sprinting off behind Amane.

Nah...” Merrick glared at the rouge vending machine disapprovingly. His hands on his hips and tapping his right foot on the pavement. “No, I’m not doing this. A vending machine? How the fuck even? Why does it have so much soda in it. This is ridiculous.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Mon May 28, 2018 8:52 pm

After chuckling for a second at merricks comments, Lightspeed once again slid down her goggles then took off in the direction of the distress call.

Within a fraction of a second, Aurelia was already at the site and had begun evacuating civilians. Pausing for a second, she lifted up her goggles, took a few breaths and perched her arm on the shoulder of a terrified civilian.

"Would you have any idea how to get a guy to fire his sexorbeam without making it look like you're desperate?"

Shakily looking towards her, the civilian said nothing. She quickly became impatient. Upon reaching her limit she moved I'm in the same fashion as all the other people in the area.

Looking over her shoulder, she noticed Amane and Merrick arrived. Lightspeed quickly waved out to them, obviously not looking at the soda cans flying in her direction.

"I have no idea how this happened, but I'm living for it. I'm absolutely living for this. Living."

A bright smile was spread across the girl's face. Looking back at the machine at just the right time, Lightspeed managed to punch a incoming sofa can.
Last edited by Water on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Aqua's Princess