Spotlight

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Re: Spotlight

Post by TriggerHappy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:23 am

In extreme contrast to Faith, Kalyn, in the back seat, directly behind Will, had a white-knuckle grip on her own seat, deforming the leather in her hands. Her face had gone pale, and her teeth had instinctively clenched as she held on for dear life. The reckless speed they had been moving at, the wild turns, it all had scared her, shook her to her core. She was by no means used to these kinds of acts.

Once they had slowed down, the girl finally began to breath again, not even realising she had been holding her breath that entire time. "I regret ever asking if you could drive," she said, her voice shaky. She took a deep breath, and let it out slowly, trying to clam her racing heart as they drove along the road.

"So, what now? Are we going to go back to town? All my stuff is there, and there was that other guy we left," Kalyn asked, leaning forwards so she could better be heard by their gracious chauffeur.
404 signature not found

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:33 am

Will’s breath was still ragged as he began to slow. He got overexcited sometimes when he used his powers like that. Using them in everyday things was different, but driving, fighting, and running always wore him out. After a minute of focusing on it his breathing was back to normal, it was then that he heard the girl in the passenger seat talking to him.

“Oh. Thanks. I uh, get a little excited.” His face grew red as he rubbed the back of his neck and it’s his right hand, a laugh slipping out as he did.

“I’m Will by the way,” he reached to shake the girl’s hand, though he was talking to everyone in the car

He looked in the rear view mirror as the girl spoke, he could see the look on her face and he opened the window for her

“Yeah it’s not for everyone,” he said with another little laugh, he had to admit that seeing someone so white in the face was amusing “we’ll figure it out, but first I’ve gotta find a new ride. The cops might’ve stopped following us but they’re definitely still looking for this car. We should ditch it soon.”

Will scanned the area just off the road, looking for a good potential swap for his current ride.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 am

Faith had to admit that Will got a little overexcited while driving. Although who wouldn't if they excelled at it as much as he did? Still, she was more than happy to accept the man's handshake and let out a smile.
"It's a pleasure, Will." It was nice to finally know at least one person's name in the group. Faith believed that this new knowledge would lead her to trust the people who she had found herself with significantly more.

Letting go of his hand, she turned towards the people in the back of the car not wanting to exclude them. She was eager to find out more about these people.
"My name's Faith." After announcing this to everyone in the car, she positioned herself and sat sideways in her seat with her legs partially underneath her.
"It's nice to meet you all too."

The others had mentioned what to do now as they had lost the police. Although she didn't have much idea what was good for getting away form the police and the organisation.
"Yeah, look out for a new car. They most definitely will have our license plate written down. We should definitely then phone up that other guy and go pick up any personal belongings we may need."
Trying to be cool

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 pm

//Cough Cough... Imma just, slide in here//

Kote was crammed in the backseat, glancing out the window, he hadn't said anything yet just observing what was happening "I have a moyor bike... But my car is no good, not driving condition for everyone here" He said talking for the first time looking around to the others in the car

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:06 pm

"I wouldn't call that 'getting a little excited,'" Kalyn said to Will, giving him a look through the rear-view mirror. She let out a sigh, and leaned back in her seat, hoping to calm her nerves a small bit as she listened to everyone speak.

The girl took note of everyone's names as they spoke them, praying that she would remember. She was terrible with names. "I'm Kalyn. Would say it's nice to meet all if you, but..."

Suddenly, the man sitting beside her, who had been quiet all this time, spoke up. "I hope the bike isn't still at the store, or they'll know who to look for."
404 signature not found

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 am

shaking his head slowly, looking to the girl next to him "Its at my apartment, usually walk to work. So they wouldn't know who's it was"

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 am

Will kept clipping along at a steady pace, scanning the horizon for anything he could use for a ride, he spotted what looked like a festival about a mile away, white tents like that were easy to see for miles off. He could probably find a good ride in there.

Will took note of the girl in the back seat "Hey if it wasn't for me those cops could've gotten us killed. We're witnesses to a crime which means they would've taken us in for questioning, locked us interrogation rooms since the guy at the register saw most of our powers, we would've been rapped up and tied in a bow for whoever the guy in the store works for."

He knew how the police worked, any metas that are arrested are immediately treated like freaks. That's why will was happy his didn't manifest physically.

"Anyways, I see a festival up there and that means a lot of cars to choose from. But possibly cops too. What do you guys say?" He paused and looked over to faith, one of the ones in the car that seemed to like Will "Wanna take a walk on the wild side?"

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 am

"Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side." Faith sung the lyrics to an old Lou Reed song, a smile danced on her lips. It just happened to be one of the first songs she heard upon leaving the cult.
Faith then chuckled. She seemed slightly embarrassed but it was obvious she had lightened up now as the police had stopped following them.
Although she wasn't sure how safe it'd be at the festival, it was certainly better than continuing to drive around in their current vehicle. Not responding to the brief conversation the two people in the back seats were having Faith decided that they'd eventually realise that not everyone in the car could fit on one motorcycle.

Gazing back towards the boy with grey hair who had been so quiet until now, Faith pointed a finger towards him briefly to ensure that he knew she was talking to him.
"Hey, so what's your name?"
Trying to be cool

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Blinking as Faith talked with him directly "Oh, my name's Kote. Sorry." He stuttered slightly seeming shy and out of place with the group so far. Glancing out the window as he spoke, he looked to Faith again "So... what now?"

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 pm

“We head to the fair, ditch this car, kill some time so that other guy can reach his sister, and then find another ride to use to reach him.” Will turned to the seemingly nervous boy sitting on the jump in the back seat, he flashed him a smile “Simple.” A slight chuckle added

Will continued driving for a minute or two before pulling a right onto the makeshift gravel parking lot. A parking attendant approached them stating the proces for the tickets for all of them, a little over $50 but will didn’t mind paying for it. Lucky for him he still had cash on him.

They proceeded past the ‘security’ or as Will liked to refer to people like that ‘rent-a-cops’ with no issues. Will found a spot and pulled into it. He unbuckled his seat and reached over to Faiths seat, going towards her legs before going in between them and grabbing something from under a seat.

“Don’t get to excited,” he said with a sly smile before pulling out the Phillips head screw driver from under the seat. He exited the car and went to work on quickly taking off the license plates of the car without anyone noticing. It was a strange skill that he had mastered over the years. After just a minute both were off and tossed into a nearby trash can.

Will walked back to the car, the others still sitting awkwardly inside as he opened the drivers seat door and leaned in.

“Alright, I say we walk around for a little bit, act normal. If we just came in and leave in a different car then they’ll no somethings up right away. We partner up, stick close to each other, and meet back in the parking lot in an hour. Sound good?” He finished and looked over to Faith “So what do you say, partner?” He said with a small smile