Spotlight

Post Reply
User avatar
TriggerHappy
Bronze
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 am
Contact:

Spotlight

Post by TriggerHappy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:41 pm

A quick Google search brings up plenty of results. All over the world, there are reports of people doing things they simply shouldn't be able to do. Many are discredited as fake, never to be believed. People with powers, with superhuman abilities, are believed to not exist.

Of course, it's better for you that way.

If the rest of the world knew of your abilities, you would likely be taken by the government, to be used as a weapon, or studied to find the source of your powers. Regardless, as things currently stand, no one beyond yourself and maybe your closest friends know, and it is for the best out stays that way. The occasional use to save a life is all you can get away with, meaning you live a rather normal life.

However, all good things must come to an end. Regretfully, yours came during one of your attempts to save a life.

You were at the local convenience store, for your own reasons. During your visit, a man wearing a mask and hood entered through the glass doors, and pulled a gun. Your small town was so rural that it was no surprise you were one of the few other people in the building beyond the cashier herself, nor were you shocked that no one thought to call the police.

The impatience of the robber, paired with the incompetence of the woman behind the counter, quickly led to the man getting quite angry. He took a warning shot, the bullet punching a hole in the wall behind her. It was then that you decided to intervene. You approached the man from behind, called out to him, and prepared your power. Upon demonstration, things took a turn.

The man dropped his weapon in surprise. You closed in on him, thinking it would be an easy takedown.

Rule of thumb, never think anything will be easy.

You froze in place, along with the others in the store, who, to your surprise, had unveiled powers of their own. The masked man didn't speak. He looked around the room, got a good look at everyone's faces, before bending down to pick up his weapon.

To the cashier, he gave a quick apology. To you and the other powered strangers, he spoke. "I suggest you few be careful. You're on our list now." He then proceeded to leave, leaving you and the others to ponder the meaning of his words as the paralysis ran off.

The man walked out of the store, leaving Kalyn and the others in the building frozen in place. Her left hand was still clenched into a fist, her blade of energy still active, as her eyes tracked him out of the building. Once he was gone, before she could move, she looked around the room, noticing all the others who had also sprung to action, and she recalled not realizing how many people had actually been in the convenience store. She strained against the invisible force holding her still, hoping to have a chance to flee before questions were asked, yet she still could not move.

They were all held there for a few minutes longer, presumably to allow the strange man time to escape. Then, it released them, and Kalyn tumbled to the floor, her initial momentum from rushing the man returning once she was freed. She scrabbled to her feet, her energy dissipating as she made a move for the door, hoping that the others she was walking past wouldn't be curious.
404 signature not found

User avatar
FakeSkrillex
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 pm
Gender: Male
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by FakeSkrillex » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Will stumbled slightly as he was finally released from the force that held him. He assumed it was the mans power, explains why he tried to avoid messing with other meta humans, never knew when one of them would pull something like that. He looked over to the girl that fell on the floor, spotting what looked like a purple... blade? It seemed to disappear into thin air. Another meta? Explains what the guy was talking about to begin with.

Will stepped into the girls path as she walked, placing his hand lightly on her shoulder "So, you're one too huh," he said in a somewhat hushed tone not wanting to attract attention. He couldn't just let her leave after what happened, the man had addressed all of them.

User avatar
Water
Bronze
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: i dont know?
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Water » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Faith, having been frozen by the man before she could lock him in place, finally was released and let out a frustrated sigh at him getting away. Standing up straight she looked at the people around her. Excluding the cashier, it seemed all these people had abilities too. Although the idea of being hunted by whatever organisation this man was a part of was terrifying, Faith was glad she had finally run into people like her. Perhaps they could give her answers she had been craving her entire life. She had to speak to them, to announce her presence.

"What does he mean by "our list"? Does that mean... people like us... are being tracked?" Faith spoke loud enough for those around her to hear, she didn't much care if the cashier heard her or not, but her voice showed that she was concerned.

She took notice of how eager the girl who brought out the blade of energy was to leave. So she didn't even care about finding others like her? How strange...
I am Aqua's Princess

User avatar
Abnormal
Jr. Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere... oveover the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Abnormal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Amaryllis nearly fell on her face as she had been mid stride qhen the paralysis effected her. Instead, she had the two clones she had produced previously, immediately reach out and pull her back as their paralysis ended. She stood their in shock, between her two replicas, staring at the others. She took note of the purple blade in the strange blade in the one girls hand and the words spoken by the blue haired girl.
"What the heck..." She breathed. She stomped up to the others, her copies trailing behind her in perfect unison, suddenly paniky for some reason. "Who was that? What's going on?" She asked, not bothering to be quiet about it.
Aww heck.

User avatar
TriggerHappy
Bronze
Posts: 1774
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 am
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by TriggerHappy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:12 am

Kalyn froze as the man grabbed her shoulder. Well, not so much as grabbed as set his hand down gently to stop her, but with how jittery she was feeling at that moment, they may as well have been the same thing. 'Shit shit shit shit,' was the only thought running through her mind as the man spoke.

"You're one too, huh?"

Through her internal panic, one word stuck out to her. She locked in on his use of the word "too," and it clicked into place. She had heard of others like her, though she never believed it. I mean, she hadn't ever met anyone else, but then again, they could have been trying just as hard to hide it as she had been. She remained tense, however, as she shook his hand off her shoulder, before dusting off her faded jeans from her previous fall.

Just as she was about to respond, the rest of the customers began to speak as well. Her shock was obvious. Still more like her? What were the odds, after all this time of being the outsider, that so many people like herself would arrive. She looked back to the man who had grabbed her. Her response consisted of a simple nod, seeing as she didn't quite trust her voice to come out right at that particular moment.

Then, she looked to the other two women in the room. The one with the blue hair spoke, yet the words didn't register with Kalyn. She instead locked in on the woman who was in three places at once? Initially, she thought she had hit her head when she fell, but it didn't take long for her to realize that there were, in fact, three of her. The initial question, asked by the blue-haired girl, was now lost to Kalyn, and she instead responded to the blonde woman... women?

"I... I have no idea what just happened... is everyone okay?" she asked, looking around to the others.

Meanwhile, the cashier slipped into the storage room to have a panic attack. He knew this was going to happen. Or, not this exactly, but he knew something bad was going to happen at work today. He dug into his pocket to retrieve his phone, fumbling with the device as he brought it out. It was lucky he didn't drop it, honestly. His hands were shaking so badly, it was a miracle he managed to input the three numbers.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Emily? It's me, Tyler again. There was a guy with a gun, at the store. There's still people here, and I'm not sure what I saw, but I know you guys need to get down here as soon as possible."

"Okay, sending a dispatch now. They'll be there ASAP."

Tyler hung up right then. He was glad he could be of service. The local police department always believed him when he called in a crime. He seemed to have a knack for knowing when things would go badly, and so he was a very valuable asset for them to have.
404 signature not found

User avatar
FakeSkrillex
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 pm
Gender: Male
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by FakeSkrillex » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:20 am

After the girl shook his hand off of her Will went into his natural state of awareness. He moved to the front of the store and looked outside, the man was gone but judging by that threat he made he was guessing he might be back, or the cops would be here soon at the very least. Wills car was still outside, some 4 door he hot wired just to get him out of town. His usual mode of transportation at this point. After checking the front and not seeing anything too suspicious Will focused back on the room, the others inside were talking to each other. Will could tell immediately that he was the oldest of the group judging by how freaked out some of them seemed. Truth is if that guy hadn't tried to rob this place Will probably would have anyways. It's really the only thing he knew how to do at this point, but that wasn't important right now, what was important was getting a handle on this situation and figuring out his next move.

"Guys look, whoever that was he was talking to all of us, I'm going to go ahead and assume everyone knows why. But no matter what we should get out of here and fast. I don't like assuming that he was alone, and any second someone might come through that door."
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Abnormal
Jr. Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere... oveover the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Abnormal » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 am

Amara tried to calm herself down and placed a hand on the shoulder of each of her clones, making them vanish into the air. She gave the others a once over then turned to the man and nodded.
"So what do you suggest we do?" She asked, forcing a calm tone despite her internal freak out.
Aww heck.

User avatar
Water
Bronze
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: i dont know?
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Water » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Faith moved towards the door but turned to look towards the rest of the group. Faith had noticed the cashier walking into the back room, presumably to call the police. She didn't bring it up however; Faith was sure that she would call the police too if she was in his place.

"I'm unharmed and I'll assume the rest of you are too as the man didn't attack. Although he's right..." Faith gestured towards Will as she didn't know his name. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible. Whoever that man was he's certainly coming back and I'd imagine the police had been called too." She was incredibly anxious that at any time someone would walk through the door and gun them down. However Faith knew that she'd have to not let fear overpower her. To get out of here she'd need the help of these people, waiting 15 minutes for the next bus just wasn't an option. All of the people who had demonstrated powers could easily fit in a car, it must be the easiest way out.

"Does anyone have a car? I'll sit shotgun and we can figure out where to go." Faith had only just learned the word shotgun in relation to cars, she could only hope that she had used it right. Believing that she was proficient with directions as of her constant travelling over the past few years, she also felt confident in getting herself and these people as far as needed.

Despite finally meeting people like her, which was something she had been waiting for her entire life, the situation was too stressful for Faith to even begin introducing herself. It was for this reason that she hadn't really formed too many opinions on the people around her. There was time for that later anyway. Although she didn't doubt that these people could certainly be able to harm attackers, they would most likely get overpowered. Killing others definitely wasn't the best option either, it would just lead to more trouble.
I am Aqua's Princess

Tr0llz0r
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: The Abyss
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Tr0llz0r » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:22 am

Once the stranger -John is mentally calling him Dio currently- left, the spikes John made crumbled into piles of dirt/rocks. A girl started walking towards the door, but was stopped by the other dude that was in the store, seeming to be in a conversation. As he looked to his left, he saw the other girl vaporizing(?) clones.

Concerned for he and his sister's safety, he grabbed the items he came to the store for, placed the appropriate amount of money on the counter and started walking to the door.

"So what do you suggest we do?" The clone-girl asked. John looked around before stating, "Well, I don't know about you, but if that guy is part of a cult..." He chuckled, "I'm heading home to get my sister out of here. If that guy is serious, then his people could try to hurt us through our families."

"Does anyone have a car? I'll sit shotgun and we can figure out where to go." Said the forcefield-girl. "I got a truck (four [technically 5]-seat pickup truck), and could give you a ride. We'll just need to make a stop at my place and the garage." John added, trying to be helpful, and calm.
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!

User avatar
Abnormal
Jr. Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere... oveover the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Spotlight

Post by Abnormal » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:48 am

Amara jumped as anouther customer spoke up who she hadn't noticed a moment ago. When he offered his car she looked around skeptically. It only just occurred to her that she had no idea who any of these people were. They could be spies working with that man, or assassins or something, but she had been so stuck on the fact that they were, well, like her, that she forgot they could be just as evil as the next guy.
"Maybe we would be safer on our own," She suggested. She didn't actually want to go back to her old life all alone, especially not now that she knew there were others like her, but she wasn't sure who to trust.
Aww heck.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ash, Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests