Tales of Varnalia

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Re: Tales of Varnalia

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 am

With amazement the forestkin listened to the knight, fascinated by his story. Woah! That was so cool! Yin was about to answer the huge and friendly scaleborn when the prince stepped out onto his balcony, causing extreme excitement from the huge crowd surrounding her. The little forestkin went under in the crowd, and she was barely able to stay close to the scaleborn advisor as her little frame was being pushed around harshly. The forestkin really didn't expect people to react this much since she had never been to a city, and especially not on the prince's special day, and now she was now scared of getting squished to death, especially thanks to her size.

Yin squeaked in surprise as she was pushed hard enough to make her fall.
Love, Kitty!

MistyFlames
Bronze

Post by MistyFlames » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 am

Nova had managed to persuade herself to reurn to the flowing mass of people that was surrounding her and simply allowed herself to be jostled forward toward some unknown destination, though she couldn’t go far now that she was in the courtyard after all. For such a large city with such a large populace, Nova was quite surprised to find the streets more or less clean and she found energy of the place, especially at such an occasion like this, infectious. It was far more exciting that her home in her eyes, abd likely anybody’s eyes, so she was found enjoyment in it all the more.

As she stood there waiting for the prince to make an appearance, Nova looked around curiously, to see if she saw anyone that stood out to her. Automatically, her eyes were drawn to an unusally tall scaleborn who seemed to be guiding a little forestkin girl who were both fairly near to her. It made an unusual pairing and was cause for some mild intrigue but she didn’t wish to be rude and end up staring at them creepily or anything of the sort, so she simply just remained where she was, glancing around a bit more.

Finally, the prince made an appearance and his presence was made all the more obvious by the loud bout of yells and well wishes directed towards him. The young Elium felt no need to join in them though, feeling that the mass was plenty loud without her, and that she was altogether uncomfortable with being loud and drawing any sort of attention to herself, even if practically everyone surrounding her was joining in.

As a result of all the commotion about her, Nova nearly missed the forestkin girl whom she had spotted before, getting jostled around. She was glad she did though as eventually, she also noticed the girl fall and immediately rushed over out of impulse, worried for her wellbeing as she didn’t look like the strongest thing out there. “Are you okay?”Nova asked the forestkin, concern evident in her tone as she stuck a hand out to help the girl up.

InquisitorRothus
Bronze

Post by InquisitorRothus » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 am

Amentakehal shadowed her liege, watching as he was glomped by his sister-in-law in a way that's quite embarassing she had to admit, but she'd seen it enough that she wasn't alarmed. The most dangerous thing in the woman's eyes were the suitors that were lining up to woo Hunuki. If any of them even acted the least bit suspicious, they were going to meet the business end of her shield and getting expelled from the castle. As the newly-adult prince took his position on the balcony, Amentakehal took her position at the entrance to the balcony, watching for any and all who would dare threaten the young Prince. Nothing escaped her gaze, not even the jiggle of Alex's breasts as she hurried off to cheer up the Prince Musuko... How strange, she couldn't remember the Elder Prince being down in any obvious sense... The woman brushed off the thought as something that siblings could do. After all, she was an only child, so she wouldn't know what siblings would know and understand from each other.
You will learn about our loving and forgiving God or you will DIE!

Mulluns

Post by Mulluns » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:35 am

Valek had to restrain himself, feeling a hint of embarrassment at his Queen's behavior by leaping down staircases and barreling through crowds of nobles and peasants, something Valek couldn't really distinguish. He himself stepped back, knowing better then to stand in her way when she had her mind set to something, releasing a sigh under his helmet as he looked around, and back to Vosk. He didn't know what he was doing talking to the girl nearby, but they had a duty... a job... to do as he started over, slightly looking up to his tall companion. "If you are done mingling, we have a job to do. Can't let distractions get in way." He said, breaking the silence he had kept since they left.
"I have no enemies, merely topographies of ignorance. The people drift aimlessly, collecting into clans wherever they find a glimmer of knowledge."

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:32 pm

As the crowd further erupted around him they started to become more rowdy, the occasional shove becoming more frequent and harder. This wasn't much of an issue for Vosk, but it was for the little forestkin. Suddenly a surprise movement slammed her down to the ground. Before Vosk could move a young Elium girl rushed through the crowd to help her to her feet. As she helped her up Valek approached the scaleborn elder and reminded him of his duty. Vosk nodded and stood up.

"You're right Valek. I'm sorry to leave so abruptly miss, but duty calls. Besides, it looks like your in good hands. Enjoy your day in Paradis, and you do the same young lady."

With that the elder scaleborn turned and pushed through the crowd with Valek. Apon reaching the edge the scaleborn readjusted his armor and, once straight, continued inside.

"Such a lively crowd. Reminds me of Alex's crowning...only tamer." Vosk said once the two were alone.

_____

Amaya was quickly growing tired of the small talk between the nobles. Their topics of conversation were either too boring or long winded for her to want to join in. Even when she did they didn't take her very seriously. She didn't have much better luck with the girls her own age either. Many of them gave the kit death stares when they thought she wasn't looking, and only wanted to talk about the Prince. As she politely smiled and thanked yet another lord for complementing her she wished something would happen...and it did.

A large crash drew everyone's attention to a large, busty, half naked scaleborn woman near the entrance to the room. Amaya recognized her from before, though now she got a much better view. Without a word the scaleborn quickly started pushing her way through the crowd, obviously a woman on a mission. From shock or force the nobles parted before her, the room growing completely silent by the time she reached the other side and quickly darted down the hall.

"What was that?" One of the nobles said, shock clear in his voice. "Some half naked scaleborn woman. How on earth did she get in here, dressed like that! Are there no guards at the gate?" Another exclaimed. " She probably smothered them" said one of the younger guests, causing some slight snickering. Kantaro spoke up "That, my friends, was Alex. Bride to Prince Musuko, Queen of the Scaleborn, and the reason a kit will be chosen as Hunuki's bride."
"That was Musuko's bride?! I heard he married a scaleborn but I would never have imagined that."
"She runs around dressed like that and wonders why we call them barbarians."

As the nobles continued to talk about Alex Amaya grew curious about her. She seemed far different from the other nobles she had meet. She knew what she wanted and she didn't stop to be polite, exactly the opposite of her father. Though admittedly the encounter was strange Amaya liked her, and peaked out into the hall to see which way she went.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 pm

The elder prince blinked as he was hefted upwards. His feet not touching the floor. He smiled, looking back and up to his wife. "...well.. maybe a little.. not anymore.." He kissed her, his tail curling around her gently. It was very fluffy, speckled black and white. He pulled back a bit. "..I hope the trip wasn't to boring..." He was still shirtless. The vibrant tattoo running down his right shoulder and arm reflecting it's rainbow colors in the morning sun. "...ready for the party? think you'll actually beat me in a drinking contest this time?" He chuckled, leaning into her.

The youngest prince was waving to the crowds, then held his hand up. Wanting quiet. The joyful crowd soon fell silent.

"...Thank you for coming today! The main party will be happening in the city square! Food and drinks are on me this time! I'll be personally heading there later today to see each and every one of you no matter how many weeks that takes!" The large crowd chuckled and cheered. "..Please be kind and safe! treat the visitors to Paradis like family! today is a day of celebration, not just for me but for the whole city!"The crowd erupted in cheers once again. The young prince raised his hands up. On queue the entire courtyard was in shadow, above them a massive form floated above the city. It letting out a low bellowing cry, that sent a sense of ease and peace over the entire city. The God of Weather, Asu was above the entire city. The giant stone whale drifting slowly over it. Clouds and avians flying under and around it. The massive creature was slowly starting to circle the city from above, drifting effortlessly through the sky. A tiny golden blip jumping from the whale, not noticed by most of the onlookers.

Light golden hair and armor fluttered in the air as a form jumped from the god, now plummeting to the city below. She was laughing and grinning widely as she fell incredibly fast. As the ground below her rapidly got closer the girl raised her left arm outwards. golden sparks and Maga suddenly burst into a giant shield. She held onto it, using the shield as a glider, gently descending to the ground. Her metal boots clacking against the black stone of the garden walkways. Teronia yelled in glee. "that was awesome! I wanna do it again oh my gods!why have I never jumped off things before?!" The woman slowly calmed down. The shield disappearing on her arm. She had landed right in the middle of the garden, in front of the stage.

The Scaleborn woman turned her gaze upwards. Seeming to stare at the god floating above. "...How b..beautiful m..master!" She seemed as happy as the others around her also looking at the giant stone whale.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, s-sorry.." As she looked up, she realized she was talking to what she thought was called an Elium, and the scaleborn had disappeared. "Thank you for helping me up.." Yin smiled softly, adjusting and smoothing out her dress sheepishly as she looked to her feet. Turning to listen to the prince, she couldn't help but giggle at him saying that he would meet everyone, no matter how long it took. Sure he would. There were thousands of people present and she doubted he would take this promise seriously as all, then again, she didn't quite know the prince as she had no chance to visit the city beforehand. She spoke to the Elium quietly, snickering a bit; "Do you believe he will actually meet everyone?"

Suddenly the god of weather appeared, setting everyone in the city into a state of awe. A person that seemed to shine with gold, landed in front of the crowd. Who was that?
Love, Kitty!

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 am

ImageImageImage Another form seemed to float down after the golden haired woman. This form was a much larger figure wearing a long, leafy green gown, with almost glittering green skin and hair which sparkled in the sunlight. Pink petals fluttered around her in a phantom breeze. She landed gently, standing at a height of nearly nine feet tall, but extremely slim. Long, branchy antlers extended out behind her adorned with pink flowers. Her golden eyes landed on the woman who had come down before her. "You always love making an entrance," she replied, smiling gently. Her voice made listeners thing of flowering trees in the peak of spring.
ImageImageImage
Image The cloaked figure had been continuing working on setting things up when she noticed the shadow overhead, and the appearance of Asu. She smiled lightly. "Today is going to be a good day..." That was then she noticed something, someone, falling down in front of her, landing with no injuries. The wind that kicked up due to it made her hood to fall back, which caused her to winced a little as more light made it to her eyes than before. Her colorless skin stood out, and luckily the whale god's shadow kept it from burning in the sun. It was then she noticed the other form gliding down.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:52 am

Image A childish form wearing a large chef's hat and chef's coat came out into the garden, along with a couple of creatures following her, holding trays full of food and sweets. The creatures themselves looked very strange. Their bodies resembled large beings with rainbow skin and what looked fluffy white frosting in place of hair. The texture of their skin seemed spongy. Being only four feet eight, she was dwarfed easily by the large creatures. Her large, bushy tail swished back and forth slightly as she looked up at them. "Alright, Berry and Lemon! Let's get the tables set up!" she called out as the creatures turned and leaned down, holding the trays down to her level. She started to take the large plates off of the trays, setting them carefully on the tables that she could barely reach, let alone hold each of the plates.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

MistyFlames
Bronze

Post by MistyFlames » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 am

Nova just gave a kind smile as she helped the girl. “No problem,” she said in a soft voice when the girl thanked her. She seemed nice enough and Nova was happy for that, for maybe she just found some company, at least for a little while. As the prince spoke on meeting everyone though, the small Elium girl couldn’t help but give a small, uncouth snort at the idea, and by the Forestkin’s snickers, she could tell she had similar thoughts. When she voiced those thoughts, Nova couldn’t help but roll her eyes a bit. “Of course he won’t,”she said with a small laugh, the girl’s good nature passing on to her. “I mean, he can sure try, but with all the people her, it’d be a miracle if he managed.”

The Elium’s thoughts were interrupted though, as a God appeared in their midst. Immediately, the girl became curious, fascinated by this appearance, but even more so by the figures that descended from the god’s form. “Do you know who those are?” Nova asked the Forestkin girl in a hushed voice as she stared a bit at the golden figure and the other that followed behind it.