Tales of Varnalia

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: Tales of Varnalia

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 pm

The ground seemingly shook under his weight as Vosk followed Valek towards the castle. Having never actually visited before he would have liked to stopped every now and then just to take in the sights, but finding the queen took precedence. No doubt she wanted to visit her husband's brother before he was overrun with potential brides and whatever other obligations his birthday celebration contained.

The strangest thing Vosk noticed was the people. He should have been the largest scaleborn these people had ever seen, yet they seem underwhelmed. In fact, many didn't seem to notice or care there was a large partially armored lizard making his way through the crowd. Perhaps scaleborn mercenaries were a more common sight than he had thought, or everyone was avoiding staring at him for fear of being eaten. Whatever the reason the crowds were unwavering and unimpressed, making traversing it that much more difficult. Lovely.

_________

Amaya, though still a little tired, managed to quickly eat and change into the nice emerald dress her mother had picked out for her. It was far fancier than what she usually wore but she was meeting royalty today. Best to make a good first impression. Once dressed the young kit navigated the castle interior, seeing a scantily clad scaleborn pass a corridor ahead of her, and eventually finding a dining hall were various lords and their families had gathered. She quickly found her father speaking to a well dressed Dire, who motioned for her to join them.

"There she is. What did I tell you Roderick? Absolutely stunning. No one, not even your little girl, can hope to compete with my daughter." The Dire looked Amaya up and down before responding.

"We shall see Kantaro. Being the same race as the Prince doesn't guarantee she'll be chosen after all."

"That's where you're wrong my friend. With Musuko married to a Scaleborn the only way to keep a kit in the throne is with a Kit bride for Hunuki."

"DAD!" Amaya said, mortified that her dad was talking to this random dire and who knows all else about her marrying the Prince. She hadn't even meet him yet, wasn't even sure if she wanted to marry him, and yet these father's were talking about who would become the prince's bride as though they were betting on horses. Kantaro looked at his daughter and smirked.

"No need to be embarrassed Amaya. I'm just telling the truth. Would you excuse us Roderick?" Kantaro said before leading Amaya away towards an isolated corner. Once alone Amaya spoke up.

"Can you not brag about me winning Hunuki's hand? I haven't even meet him yet. I might not even like him."

"You'll like him sweetie, and he'll like you. I'm just letting everyone know so they arn't surprised when it happens."

"Well stop. All I'm doing is meeting him today."

"If you insist. You look amazing by the way kitten. Come, let's mingle."

With that Kantaro and Amaya rejoined the other lords present for the prince's birthday. She introduced herself to several of them, finding the whole thing a bit boring, awaiting whatever would come next.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Monika
Casual Mod

Tales of Varnalia

Post by Monika » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 pm

Image Image Alex snuggled the smaller figure, lifting him up so he was eye level with her, before cuddling him again, rubbing her cheek against his like one would a cuddly pet. "Oh, you're going to just have the best day ever! everything looks so wonderful, and that Court Mage is doing so well setting up the courtyard." she snuggled him a little more before finally setting the poor creature down and freeing him from her affection. "Where is my darling Musuko, by the way? is he in his room? I bet he is. I'd best pay him a visit..." she glanced to see one of her companions actually having caught up with her. "Oh dear, I didn't see you there.." Image
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Yin said her goodbyes to her mom, who had decided she needed to buy some supplies from the local shops, since this place had many more things than their village. Yin nervously played with her hair as she walked through the crowds. A huge man pushed by, or, at least tried to. Her eyes widened as she stared up at the huge man who aappered to be a scaleborn. How impressive! Yin was super excited and her mouth was hanging open in awe as she tried to follow the huge man, trying to build up the confidence to speak to him. "Excuse me, sir.." Sadly, her sweet and low voice was drowned out by the loud chattering and Yin could feel herself grow embarrassed before she tried a second time, speaking up a bit. "Ex-excuse me sir!" Yin suddenly realized that she had no idea what she would say once she got his attention. Shod she try to hide? No, it was too late for that. Oh boy. The sheepish forestkin looked up at the scaleborn.
Love, Kitty!

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:12 pm

The crowds remained ever immovable, seemingly getting thicker as the Pair of Scaleborn grew closer to the castle gates. Somewhat understandable, but you would think the palace guard would be on the alert for guests to the royals or something. Perhaps if he was just faster or left far earlier he wouldn't be in this predicament. As he thought about this he heard a soft voice speak up by his foot. Looking down he saw a young forestkin girl with black and white hair looking up at him. She seemed somewhat nervous, a response he would have thought more people here would have to him. He looked at her inquisitively for a moment before responding.

"Yes. How may I help you?" Vosk asked the young lady, curious as to what she would say.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Yin's face turned a light shade of pink. "I-, uhm, this is my first time here, and I was just really impressed by your height, sir. A-apologies for stopping you on your way, I'm not sure what I thought I was doing." The forestkin was stuttering her way through her reply. She hoped the scaleborn wasn't mad that she had distracted him from his task, whatever it may be. "So, uhm, I didn't mean to be rude and stuff. I've just never seen anyone as tall as you. Are you a knight or something? If you.. don't mind me asking." The yin was definitely curious about the huge scaleborn. She stumbled a bit as someone pushed past her, but quickly regained her balance. Some people in this city really were inconsiderate, which kind of disappointed Yin. She had hoped they'd be all as nice as the people in her village.
Love, Kitty!

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 pm

When he was finally free the young prince sighed, rubbing his reddened cheeks. Now free from the chest prison he had been in so many times before her looked up to Alex. "Musuko..? Oh he's in his room.... he's been a mess without you... for someone as usually cheery as he is he sure can be depressing when he doesn't have you around..." He looked past Alex to Dracko, smiling lightly. "..Oh Dracko.. it's been awhile.. how are you doing? I hope my big sister hasn't been driving you and the others to crazy" He looked from Draco out to where the covered balcony was, the low but clear sounds of a crowd had gathered. He sighed lightly. "...Apologies you two.. but I better not keep the people waiting any longer..." He bowed to them both and moved past them, out towards the balcony, overlooking the giant courtyard. He stopped at the silk curtains, listening to the low but equally loud crowd on the other side. he smiled gently before grabbing the curtains and throwing them side, stepping out to greet the people. The crowd erupted in cheers and yells, many waving to the prince and wishing him happy birthday. Most of the people's attention around the castle was now drawn to the courtyard.

Musuko, the older brother was slowly rising out of bed. His long white hair tumbling over his back and shoulders. He rubbed his eye tiredly. The roar of the crowd waking him up. He slowly stood, stretching out lazily. His fluffy snow leopard ears and tail twitching. He moved to the window, gazing out at the gathering crowd, smiling lightly. He turned and started looking through his clothes. Currently only wearing pants. His dark skin shining in the morning light. "....hrm... what would she want me to wear.." He mumbled as he continued to search.

The scaleborn woman chose to stay as far away from the crowd in the courtyard as she could. Her head raising upwards towards the balcony as the crowd cheered. She smiled faintly. "...o..oh he is a cute one master... you do not lie" She said, seeming to somehow stare at the young Prince through the blindfold.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 am

Vosk couldn't help but chuckle at the young forestkin's curiosity. Her youthful innocence reminded him much of his children when they were young. He looked back at Valek, confirming he could see the guard in the crowd, before kneeling and grinning. He hoped his grin didn't look to sinister as he responded.

"It's alright...I don't mind at all. It's my first time here as well. I am not a knight, though I was once a warrior. The finest warrior in my entire clan, so good I was made chieftain. And after years of leading my clan now I serve as an advisor to the queen, helping her lead all the scaleborn clans. Speaking of which, have you seen a large, admittedly underdressed scaleborn woman pass through?"

As soon as he finished the entire crowd erupted in cheers and movement around him. Looking around Vosk saw the source of the excitement, the young Prince standing on his balcony. The crowd was shouting well wishes and jumping up and down trying to gain the attention of their young Prince. The elder scaleborn quickly glanced around, looking for the shining armor of Valek but could barely see it among the moving bodies.

Mulluns

Post by Mulluns » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 am

Valek was still where he was, not too far from Vosk. He looked back some, hands still in his pockets to see the large scaleborn was talking to someone. That's when the crowds poured in, and he did his best to ease away from them so he was not smothered or squeezed by them as they started to cheer on the Prince that appeared. He was easy to spot, possibly one of the only unarmored individuals that wore a helmet. He backed off from the crowd, thankful he got away from them before being trapped, staying within Vosk's line of sight. He was not entirely paying attention to what Vosk was discussing with the other, only that whatever it was was drowned out by the enormous crowd and their cheers and praises.
"I have no enemies, merely topographies of ignorance. The people drift aimlessly, collecting into clans wherever they find a glimmer of knowledge."

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 am

Dracko placed his right hand over his heart with his fingers outstretched to surround his heart as his claws dug slightly into his scales without drawing blood and then he bowed to both of the royals as they acknowledged his presence. Before he could respond the young prince walked out to his balcony, which was fine to Dracko. It gave him the opportunity to report to his Queen. He lifted his left hand with held a small piece of paper and he quickly opened it and read through the message. He then looked up to Alex and said "General, our Scout reports that everything within the perimeter appears to be normal. He has detected no sign of foul play but will continue to keep his eyes peeled. I'm sure that means we have no need to worry about any trouble from within the palace itself. However, I would still suggest to add a few of our own to watch for any who might try to attack during the celebration. I know that the palace gaurds will be on high alert but I would still fill better with some of our own men running parameter checks. Something in the air here still smells wrong to me." He walked towards Alex and held out the paper to her so she could take it as he waited for her response.

Kraven had quickly slipped Dracko his report without anyone noticing. He had perfectly infiltrated the palace staff and none would think him anything more than a common waiter. However he was here under orders for his Queen. He had no family and few who he considered friends. He had also never really felt any kinship towards his own people, but after working amongst the warriors of the Queens army for so long he had found a place amongst the Scaleborn. Most wouldn't believe that it was possible to find any semblance of peace while living amongst the reptilian race but he had always found them much more welcoming and understanding than most of the other citizens from the other races. But he wasn't exactly a normal Dire and that could very well he why he had always seemed like an outcast until joining the Scaleborn Queens ranks. He continued toward the area where the stage had just finished being set up and then he began his rounds that he was meant to do as a waiter while at the same time keeping his eyes open for any signs of threats that might show up to disturb the joyous occasion.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 am

Image Image The large woman held her hand out in a stop motion as Dracko tried to hand her a paper. "Hold that thought," Alex replied in an urgent, and almost upset tone, "My Treasure is depressed, I need to go see him. Take care of things for me," She told him as she hurried out of the room, starting down the hall in a swift walk which almost caused the floor to shake. She made her way to the large, square staircase to the bottom floor, and decided why take the time? She suddenly lept over the railing and glided down to the bottom floor, causing the ground and the castle to shake ever so slightly. It was far too sturdy to be swayed much by her weight and the impact didn't even leave a scratch. She stood up straight and stalked towards Musuko's room, pratically barreling through a large group of nobles just.... mingling. It was a good thing they got out of her way, because the scaleborn wasn't going to be stopping. After she made it through the Sea of Nobles, she went through the hall and made it to Musuko's room, throwing the door open much like she did Hunuki's. "My Treasure!" She exclaimed as she went over, hugging him from behind, holding onto him. "Hunuki said you were depressed!"Image
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡