The Watch: Jingo

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Re: The Watch: Jingo

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:47 am

"Don't hold back.."

Vincent said placing his spear on a nearby rack. As he turned he pulled his own blade from it's sheath and raised his own shield in a defensive stance. His empty sockets stared down the werewolf, examining his stance, trying to find a weakness. Eventually the skeleton simply charged...hoping to slam his shield into Darryl's and send him back, possibly creating an opening.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 am

"I won't if you won't." Darryl said lightly. He braced as Vincent charged him, however the charge had more force than he expected. He stumbled backwards a step or two, before correcting his stance, and charging forward. He lifted his blade, aiming for Vincent's shield, in an attempt to break the skeleton's guard.
So pull me close, as we dance around Hellfire... We're just Ghosts anyway...

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 pm

The werewolf did not reel back long. Before Vincent could capitalize on it he corrected and went to stab his shield. The skeleton responded quickly, slapping the blade away with his shield as he stabbed forward. With any luck he could get past his shield. If he couldn't he'd have to act fast...the slamming of the blade left his body exposed.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Darryl felt his blade fling to the right as the skeleton slapped it away with his shield. He saw Vincent's blade thrust toward him, and reacted quickly. He dropped his shield and gripped his sword with both hands, barely slapping away the skeleton's sword with his own. As he did the blade grazed his armor, leaving a gouge in the steel. Darryl smiled. "Not bad." He commented.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm

"Not bad yourself" Vincent said as he took a few steps back, getting ready for the next assault. Shield raised, blade up, he watched the werewolf intently. He wasn't sure if he was the kind to play defensively or aggressively tear his defenses down...but he'd soon find out

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Darryl held his blade firmly in his hands. He eyed the skeleton's defenses, looking for a weakness. Unable to find one, he decided his best option was to try and make his opponent drop his shield. Darryl moved quickly, hoping to catch Vincent off guard, and aimed his sword for the skeleton's shield. If his plan worked, they'd be even.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Fri May 18, 2018 1:03 am

As Char finished his hearty breakfast, he could see people going about their daily training, with mixed results.
Some of the men were trying swinging swords at a dummy, which Char found amusing, back in the assassin’s guild, sparring was done with fellow assassins, and real weapons, with real injuries, these men were simply playing around, and he preferred it that way, if these idiots knew how to fight, that would do more harm than good to their side, so its better that they all pretend to play soldier.

As Char wandered around the camp, he nearly fell into a hole, and looked down to see that Baldrick was in it doing something with an arrow.
“What are you doing Baldrick?”
Asked Char.
“I’m carving something into this arrow sir.”
“What are you carving?”
“I’m carving Baldrick sir.”
Said Baldrick, Char blinked a couple of times, and honestly didn’t want to know, but he asked anyway;
“Why?”
“It’s a clever plan actually sir.” Said Baldrick with a look of pride on his face. “You know what they say about there being an arrow with your name on it? Well, I thought that if I owned the arrow with my name on it, I would never get hit by it, since the chances of there being two arrows with my name on it are very small indeed.”
Char sighed and told Baldrick;
“That’s not the only thing around here that’s small Baldrick, your brain for example, is so minute, that if a hungry cannibal cracked your head open, there wouldn’t be enough to cover a small water biscuit.”

Geoff woke up and went to see Vasily in the girl’s tent, only to he pelted at by the women there, Vasily had to explain that men aren’t allowed in the women’s tent, and he could see why now, as he and Vasily walked aroung the camp, they found Char talking to a hole in the ground.
“Good morning Captain Aznavour.”
Said Geoff as Char had a look of disdain on his face.
“Good morning you two, I suppose you’re both going to practice with the rest of the camp on the art of fighting by clanging your swords against each other.”
Said Char dryly, referring to the fact that the training consists mostly of the men and women hitting each other’s swords than their bodies.
“I was wondering if you could teach us sir?”
Said Vasily.
“What?”
Asked Char
“You’re an experienced fighter, you should know a thing or two right?”
Added Vasily.

Char reluctantly decided to teach them, but first, he decided to test them.

Char spun his Zweihander around very menacingly, expecting Vasily to flinch, and she looked a bit frightened, who wouldn’t be when your opponent can swing a sword their height, he then put out the blade forward and asked;
“Alright private, what would you do against that?”
Char was fully expecting her to whack his sword with hers, she swung her sword wildly, and Char, dissapointed on the inside, blocked her attacks.
Their swords then locked.
“Amazing, you seem to have shown me that you can perform worse than the rest of the so-called soldiers here and— oof!”
Before Char could finish, Vasily proceeded to grab him and headbutt him as soon as she got close enough to do so, Char was stunned she did that.
As he staggered to get up, Vasily pointed her blade at him.
Char just stared for a moment before sighing and saying;
“I yield.”
Vasily withdrew her blade and had a look of pride on her face.
“That was.... perfect actually, not many people know that trick in the book, and most Assassin’s would never expect such a trick from their opponents.”
Said Char as he dusted off his cloak.
“So will you teach us?”
Asked Vasily.
Char knew these two had some actual combat experience, and if he let them run around camp giving lessons, he might have trouble on his hands.
“Of course, I’d be delighted.”
Said Char, it was going to be a long day....
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 pm

The skeleton watched carefully as darryl examined his defenses. Suddenly the wolf man charged, aiming his blade directly at his shield. The skeleton reacted quickly, slightly shifting his shield to deflect the blade away. Unsure of the wolf's plan he keep his blade close to him in an effort to prevent him from getting too close.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 pm

As Darryl charged he noticed the skeleton brace and hold his sword ready. He had done just what Darryl wanted. Darryl changed his target and intent. He took his sword and dashed to the side of Vincent, before taking a shot at cutting the strap on the back of his shield. He jabbed with extreme precision, trying not to do damage to the skeleton's hand.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 pm

With extreme accuracy the werewolf altered targets, taking his blade and going for the straps holding the shield on vincent's arm. Vincent took his blade and quickly batted it away, but he was too late. The further strap was cut, and the shield was now dangling on his arm. Now with a useless shield the skeleton quickly removed shook it off and looked the werewolf in the eye.

"That's going to be expensive to repair..." The skeleton then sheathed his blade and quickly grabbed his spear. "It's only fair I get range now, wouldn't you agree?"