The Watch: Jingo

Rebellious_Soul

Re: The Watch: Jingo

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:10 pm

After the run in at the front door of the Unseen, Darryl made sure Charlie stayed right beside him. He stood quietly in the group of watchmen as Vimes and the Prince spoke, listening to them. He watched in bewilderment as Ahmed vanished into the crown and reappeared, only to vanish again. Hearing that the award ceremony was about to begin, he decided to go take post somewhere close and watch for trouble. He found a place, and stood silently looking carefully into the crowd
So pull me close, as we dance around Hellfire... We're just Ghosts anyway...

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Vincent keep close to the others, but keep being distracted by the buffet. The worst part of his undeath was the memories of tastes, the ability to smell the delicious foods, but never able to taste or eat again. This reason alone was responsible for half the times Vincent wished he had remained a human when he had the chance. fortunately his blank skull made him appear serious and constantly paying attention. One thing he did keep an eye on though was that 71 hour man. He seemed like trouble, and the fact he keep appearing and disappearing didn't help.

As the others moved to attend the ceremony vincent tried to keep close to the 71 hour man without being to obvious.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 am

As Char and Baldrick approached the old fort, way ahead of the procession, they decided to take a break from all the running.
“I believe all this running will give me a nasty case of appendicitis,” said Char, “but at least we made it to the barbican.”

With that, the two stood attention, unaware that somebody was lurking in the old fort....

Samuel Vimes was not happy, he was being forced to lead the procession, all while wearing a red shirt with silly baggy sleeves, red tights, some kind of puffed shorts in a style that went out of fashion, by the look of it, at the time when flint was at the cutting edge of cutting-edge technology, a tiny shiny breastplate and a helmet with feathers in it.
As the procession continued, a pair of adventurers watched with interest, they were not from the city, and looked at the marvelous parade, to them it was a parade, to Sam, it was utter hell, to Char, its a headache, but as they followed it and got to the Barbican, they saw the two lone Watchmen standing in front of them without a crowd behind them,
“They look pretty lonely Geoff.”
Said the pink haired girl.
“Lets not do anything to distract them Vasily, they are the city’s guards.”
Said Geoff, the two then waited for the procession while they brought out an Iconograph they bought during their travels on the disc, intending to take a picture,
“Lets take a picture of those two Geoff, the one in black seems rather mysterious.”
Said Vasily
Geoff brought out the Iconograph and with a bright flash, got both the Watchmen on picture.

“BLAST YOUR EYES!” Screamed Char as a blinding light assaulted his eyes, he was rubbing his eyes while Baldrick was walking around with his arms outstretched.
“I believe I may have gone blind sir.”
Said Baldrick in a matter-of-fact voice.
“With what all you do in your bed I’m surprised it took you this long to be!”
Hissed the annoyed Char, the pair of them were approached by both Vasily and Geoff,
“Are you alright officers?” Asked Vasily, “We’re really sorry, the iconograph’s flash was set too high, and my friend here also has something he wishes to show you.”
As Vasily helped Char up, Geoff showed Char a picture,
“I’ll have you two thrown into the cells for this!”
Yelled Char as he tried to grab his Zweihander only to fumble a bit due to his poor eyesight.
“Sir, we saw somebody in that abandoned fort.”
Said Geoff.
“What?” Asked Char, his vision was improving, but only for short distances, “and how sure are you, you two might be trying to assassinate the Prince by leading me on a wild goose chase.”
It wasn’t untik Char heard a crash in the Barbican that he decided against his gut to check it out.
“Baldrick, stay here with these two and do not let them out of your sight, I’m climbing into the Barbican.”
With that, the former Assassin scaled the ramparts and climbed into the old fort.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 am

Darryl caught a glimpse of a blinding white flash towards the Barbican. Curiously, and cautiously, he headed in its direction with haste. He knew some of the watch were around that area, and he wanted to make sure no one was hurt. Once he arrived, Darryl noticed Baldrick sitting with a couple adventurers.
"Baldrick? What's going on?" He asked once he was a bit closer.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 am

“These two here says they saw somebody up the Barbican Sir.”
Said Baldrick as he talked to a street lamp next to Daryl.

As Char walked around the Barbican, he couldn’t see very far, and it wasn’t until he heard a "twang" and the screams of hundreds of people that he had the tenacity to say;
“Bugger.”

Char sat outside the Patrician’s office along with Baldrick, Daryl, Vincent, and the two adventurers.
“How did we miss that?” Asked Char. “Nobody was supposed to be at the Barbican, and yet somebody managed to get up there and fire a shot at the prince.”
“I believe I can explain sir.” Said Baldrick. “I think, the assassin was from the guild.”
Char looked at him for a moment, he thought for a moment, he then realized something,
“Baldrick, while normally, I would say that’s impossible, considering that the Guild would NEVER accept a contract on a foreigner’s life in the city, the fact that he got into the Barbican in the same manner I did, and with the efficiency of one arrow shot at the prince, you have a point, he may not BE a guild Assassin, but he might have been trained by them, but who could it have been?”
Said Char.
Baldrick, with a delighted look, said;
“Permission to write home immediately sir, this is the first brilliant plan a Baldrick's ever had! For centuries we've tried, and they've always turned out to be total pig-swill. My mother will be as pleased as Punch.”
“If only she was as good looking as Punch Baldrick.”
Said Char.
Sam and Carrot exited the office and turned to the four Watchmen and company.
“Anything to report?”
Asked Vimes.

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Darryl looked over at Commander Vimes as he asked his question.
"Sir, I was a little distance away from the Barbican when I saw a blinding white light. I immediately walked over to check on Char and Baldrick, and when I got there, Baldrick had been blinded and I didn't see Char. I assumed the light had been the cause for Baldrick's blindness." Darryl reported. It was a miracle he hadn't been blinded himself.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm

"I don't know much personally sir. I stayed behind while Darryl went ahead to check on the bright flash of light. A short while later everything went to hell. However, as we were sitting here Char and Baldrick came up with a theory. They suspect the archer may have had assassin guild training. Whether he was affiliated with the guild or not is unknown but char seemed adament no current member would accept such a contract."

The skeleton said, trying to add something to the investigation.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

“I see, you have a point there son, a body turned up though, he had the equipment for the assassination, and he matches the description on this picture.”
Said Vimes as he showed the group the picture the adventurers took, up on the Barbican Ramparts was a man in a brown hood.
“Sir, with all due respect, the dead body might have been a patsy, the assassin knew how to climb the Barbican and shoot with such precision.”
Protested Char.
“Precisely,” said Vimes, “I don’t believe the dead man is our man, we also found other evidence in the Barbican, there was a clove, we’re having Cheery study it back at Pseudopolis, the assassin also had Klatchian currency, now despite these two things pointing towards the Klatchians, I have a feeling they’re just there to mislead us.”
Finished Vimes.
“Meet me at the Barbican later, all of you.”
Said Vimes.
“Even these two?”
Said Baldrick gesturing to the adventurers.
“Yes”

Rebellious_Soul

Post by Rebellious_Soul » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Darryl nodded, wondering what Vimes was planning.
A little while later, Darryl caught up with Vimes and the rest of the group, including the adventurers.
"So whats the plan?" He asked.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 pm

“Let’s head to the Barbican”
Said Char as he picked up his zweihander and led the way.

*Barbican*
It was 6:00 PM and despite the Watchmen needing sleep after their sweep last night, they carried on with their duties, Char was starting to feel drowsy but went to the area where the arrow was fired, waiting for him was Vimes, Carrot and Cheery.
“So what can you tell us about the Clove Cheery?”
Asked Vimes as the group approached
“Well, from what I can tell, the clove was recently chewed sir” said Cheery, “somebody must like to chew on the stuff.”
Angua came in and gave her report.
“I followed the scent on the Clove sir, and it led me to the spice market, I would have pursued further, but the smell goes in fifty directions.”
“Good, for now, as for—“
Before Sam could say more another person came along.
She wore a nice looking blouse with pants, she would have been just seen as a regular toff by the masses if it wasn’t for the dark hooded cloak she wore.
“Commander Vimes.” She said with an air of authority and contempt. “You are to cease your investigations at once and atrest every Klatchian in the city”
“Who are you to tell me that?!”
Asked a Bewildered Sam.
“On orders from Lord Rust, acting leader of the war council of Ankh-Morpork, as of 4 hours ago, Klatch has declared War on us.”
Sam and the Watch were in disbelief, except Char, who recognized the girl and said.
“Hello to you too Darling.”
The female assassin gave him a deathly glare.
“That’s CAPTAIN Darling to you! I have joined Lord Melchett’s light infantry, and am now an officer, unlike a mere desk sergeant.”
She said trying to rub her position in Char’s face.
“Yes, although I actually earned my position instead of being given it just because melchett thinks a having a pretty face around makes things better.”
“Enough, both of you.” Said Vimes, I don’t know who you think you are girl, but I will NOT arrest people who haven’t commited any crimes!”
Said Vimes,
“I knew you’d say that, therefore, I am authorized to transfer authority to somebody else in the watch who is more.... willing, Captain Carrot, please take charge and go arrest the Klatchians in the city.”
“I’m sorry miss, I cannot arrest them if they haven’t commited a crime.”
Said Carrot.
“Are you daft man? Refusing an order from me?!”
“Well, the action you just mentioned constitutes a crime of unlawful detention—“
“FINE! YOU! WOMAN! GET TO IT!”
“No, and you can take your orders elsewhere, I’m not interested in leading the Watch.”
Said Angua.
The assasin was starting to lose patience and then she saw another high ranking officer, Fred Colon.
“You! You’re more senior than Vimes! Arrest all of these traitors and then move on to the Klatch—“
“NOSSIR!”
Said Fred.
“ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!”
“NOSSIR!”
“DO YOU WANT TO LEAD THE WATCH OR NOT?!”
“NOSSIR!”
Said Fred.
The Assassin blinked for a bit before Sam broke the akward silence,
“Missy, if you would make us arrest innocent people, then we resign.”
Said Vimes,
She then realized all the Watchmen were staring at her.
“FINE! YOU’RE ALL FIRED! NOW CEASE YOUR INVESTIGATIONS AND GO HOME!”
Said the Assassin as she left.
“Goodbye Darling.”
Said Char as the Assassin growled at being called that.
“What now sir?”
Asked Char.
“I’m heading home, you should all go home as well, then meet me at Pseudopolis in the morning, I need to think about our next move.”